Rimmel Magnif'Eyes Eye Magnifier Eye Opening

3.3

on 4/9/2008 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm liking this so far. Makes my lashes long enough to there and good enough volume. This reminds me of L'oreal's Telescopic in Carbon Black, but with better volume. The mascara package says nothing about lengthening, but it lenghtens like crazy, better than other so called 'lengthening' mascaras! Like the wet formula too.

on 4/7/2008 4:52:00 PM

Impulse buy that I regret. The brush is ridiculous, it has such short plastic bristles that there is no way it ban seperate my eye lashes and give them definition! I end up looking like I have 4 or 5 wierd spike eye lashes on each eye. So horrible.

on 4/2/2008 9:58:00 AM

i got this in a waterproof version (blue tube), results are: thin, grouped lashes, long, thin, long, thin. i've mentioned long and thin quite a lot of times already yea?
haha. oh well.. it lifts up the lashes, and the waterproof formula works well, it's not so BLACK, it's not volumizing, but it does lengthen (or at least, my lashes LOOK longer). i love the brush (seriously cool brush!), packaging, and the formula is okay (wet, yet just right). might buy again, but can't promise. give it a try if you prefer length to volume.

on 3/30/2008 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I had to check about 3 times to make sure I'm really reviewing the same product everyone else is here. I got the waterproof verson, so maybe that's the difference. This could also just be a premature review, but I love this stuff so far!

The brush is plastic instead of rubber, but that's not really bothering me. I really like that it tapers down to tiny nubs at the end, as that really helps me get my inner lashes. The formula is on the wet side, so I had to take a little care in applying it.

The result right now is long long long defined glossy lashes. I could change my mind in a week or two, but so far this is my favorite of the spiky-brushed mascaras. I'm shocked that my eyelashes aren't stiff. They're not as soft as natural, of course, but they're not going to poke an eye out either. There also isn't much volume, but since I have a ton of very fine lashes, I prefer less volume and more lengthening.

Update: Oy...stinging my eyes now like nobody's business. Too bad, but back it goes. continued >>

on 3/18/2008 12:22:00 PM

Absolute CRAP. Trust me on this - it's probably the worst mascara I've ever used. If I could give it 0 lippies, I would. The brush is thin and weak - the bristles look like the rubber ones (ie Lash Blast et al) but it's actually a hard plastic brush with no give at all. The mascara didn't lengthen at all, but rather created stiff clumpy points. No mascara comb could get through these gluey clumps. I actually had to wash my face and start over - it was that bad. I'm starting to think that Rimmel is repackaging their same crappy mascara into different packages, I'm a mascara fan and I love to try out all the newest mascaras. This one is so awful that it's going back to the store - and I got it for FREE. Spend your money elsewhere!

great! i got this bogo so you can't beat the price. this makes my lashes look so long and thick. i don't know about opening up my eyes, but it makes my lashes look lovely. it does flake a tiny i bit, but nothing that makes me not use it. i like the wand. i thought it would be like lash exact by cg with rubber bristles, but it really has plastic bristles. it combs through the lashes, separating and unclumping them.

I just bought this mascara today and I have to say.. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS!! I have tried over 50 different kinds of mascara and have not found one yet that gives my lashes the length that this one does (in only one coat!). I am so impressed with this product and it will become my main mascara. I recommend that everyone out there that wants long, separated, beautiful lashes.. buy this! The price is fantastic & you will not regret buying this.

on 3/16/2008 7:54:00 AM

PROS:A great alternative to high brand mascaras, deep black, smells good, gorgeous wand (will save for other mascaras for sure), makes your eyes look bigger and "opens" your eyes. Very cheap.
CONS:a little bit clumpy if used not carefully

on 3/15/2008 11:39:00 AM

I got this with a BOGO at Ulta. I don't like the brush at all. It's very, very stiff and way too much product comes out on the brush and due to its stiffness it's hard to wipe. I do however love the staying power. This mascara doesn't smudge on me. It does lengthen but you definitely need a good eyelash comb. It's just all together too much work for me with too little results.

on 3/9/2008 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HG.

i've tried everything- department and DS. this mascara does as it promises. it extends my lashes about 70-90%! i usually have pretty wimpy lashes, straight and short. after a couple of coats of this mascara, they're curled, volumized, and best of all, they touch my browbone! it literally makes me look like i'm wearing fake eyelashes. use the wiggling method for this. the brush is small so you can reach all the small lashes in the corners.

also, everytime i go to the drugstore to purchase this, the clerks always gush about how much they love this mascara =)