December 21, 2014 | 1262 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 5:29:00 AM More reviews by RuKa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it! I hate the smell of deodorant so this is a biiiig plus that it not only keeps you stinky free, but doesn't give you a foofy chemical perfumey smell like the rest.. which really sucks when it stops working and mixes with pit smells.. mmmmm pit flowers, nummy! Gross. So yeah, I'll be buying this again if it continues to work as well. I don't need it as often as other brands so it will last forever.. which it's advertised to do anyway. Very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by blue_jay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It worked at first. Then it stopped working.
As other mentioned the stick started to smell like BO too. Was ready to throw it.
Then I read here someone used alcohol to wipe it after each use. Didnít have alcohol but I tried with peroxide, and actually used peroxide to wet the stickÖ and miracle happened again.
It works! It works amazing! Iím really happy now and just hope it will not stop working.
Stick doesnít smell anymore either.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by PurpleDragonFly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about a month now. So far I like it. I don't sweat much and I don't really stink. The true test will be in the summer months. I will use this during the winter when I don't need much protection. I'll update this in a few months.
I did get my husband to try it and it helped with his odor. He didn't smell at all, not even a day later.So that's a plus!
UPDATE: I stopped using it when I exercise. It doesn't help control the sweat.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 10:32:00 AM More reviews by pushpop

I went to a SASA store and they had a special offer whereby this Crystal Body Deodorant Stick was only SGD$3!! I had to buy it and it says with proper use, it will last up to 12 months?!?! GOLD!

I am terrified about having body odour as that is one of my pet peeves - people who stink bad and don't know it. I have practically tried all brands of anti-perspirant from roll-ons to sticks to sprays. And with the recent widespread claim that the aluminium-based active ingredient is linked to breast cancer, there isn't a better time to change!

So I was skeptical about the way this product works or if it would at all. No harm in trying (i packed my travel-size antiperspirant spray in case!). Lets just say, where I'm from, the weather is hot & humid all year long and people sweat a lot!!!

After a long day out I could not believe it...THIS STUFF ACTUALLY WORKS! You will sweat like normal but as reviewers claim, that is a good natural thing. No funky smells or odours! I am a convert!

PROS: (1) Will not block sweat glands
(2) Aluminium-free & natural
(3) Cheap given it should last 8-12 months per full size solid crystal stick
(4) Will not stain clothing with white streaks (unlike most anti-perspirants)
(5) Even comes in a roll-on or spray option
(6) Colourless, frangrance-free, preservative free (no parabens)
(7) ACTUALLY WILL WORK! No B.O. even after a long day out & about in hot & humid tropical climate

CONS:
(1) Not for the clumsy - once you drop it on the bathroom floor (and I did on a marbled hotel bathroom floor) it pretty much breaks into what seems to look like rock salt
(2) Might be considered inconvenient for some as you need ensure your skin is wet/moist before applying

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by TG83

So here is the trick. When you switch from a regular deodorant you actually have nasty build up on your armpit. So you might want to exfoliate and maybe use rubbing alcohol to rid your armpit of the nastiness that is conventional deodorant.

This stuff really works. You will still sweat, but you will not smell. I live in California and I have worked in kitchens. So triple digit heat and I still don't stink. This stuff lasts a very long time. Several years actually. Unfortunately I always drop mine and it breaks. But my best advice is dont give up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Doesn't work for me worth a darn.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Dinahout

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best deodorant ever! All natural, non-staining, lasts forever, and keeps you from smelling bad! I use is right after my shower when I'm still wet under the arms. It can be used on freshly cleaned feet too! No more stinky shoes! Another wonderful thing about this Crystal Deodorant Stick is that your body won't get immune to it. That always seems to be the problem with regular type deodorants and you have to keep changing to another brand. I have gotten my husband to use it in the spray form and he's completely sold on it. He's even gotten our 11 year old girl athlete to start. Over the 12 years since I've been using it, I only dropped it once. It chipped a little but with regular use, the chip is smoothed over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using the crystal stick exclusively for a few years now and I'm quite happy. The typical anti perspirants I had always used started to make my armpits itch a few years back and I began looking for alternatives. In the humid summer heat I was getting a bad metallic BO chemical smell anyway which told me anti-perspirants weren't working for me. I decided to try the crystal. I won't go back to antiperspirants.

It seems some people love the crystal and others hate it. So far it has worked for me. I apply it every night immediately after my shower when my underarms are still wet. I run the crystal very liberally over the entire underarm area for about 30 seconds for each side. If it's not wet enough it can pull on your skin so just re-wet it and apply. I have even come home from work, washed my underarms with a washcloth and soap and re-applied the crystal before going to the gym and although I sweated, I did not stink after working out! I believe in this product for me.
EDIT: I want to add that I moved to a warm and humid climate a year and a half ago and am still using the crystal stick every night immediately after my shower and it's still working for me. I have had the same stick for over two years now, I use it every day and there is still plenty more to go. If my underarms dry before I get to apply it I run it under the faucet to wet it, but I have found that this can cause the water to run into the container and the crystal can melt and loosen in the container -- my original stick finally loosened enough where one day it fell right out of the container and shattered. Bummer. Now I don't run the stick under the faucet but I wet my hands and use them to wet my under arms and then apply the crystal.
Some folks have said their crystal has taken on a BO odor and I have experienced this too on occasion. I had found that if I simply leave the cap off my crystal stick, it allows the stick to remain dry and there is no more odor. I haven't tried the spray version of this but I'm curious. I am so pleased with this product and love that after showering I can apply this and it feels like nothing, as opposed to getting fresh out from the shower and having to apply a sticky, thick anti-perspirant. I will use the crytal stick for as long as it keeps working for me.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by kblack

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried lots of antiperspirant /deodorants in my time. Even the ones that work pretty well would create this weird (at least to me) funk that was worse than regular BO, especially if I wore synthetic fabrics. As long as the anti-pers part worked, things were cool. But if there was any breakthru sweat...gah.
Thus my motivation for another method.

Disclaimer: I am not that into the "natural" part, and I don't have issues with chemicals, interfering with the natural process, or aluminum. I love chemicals, as long as they're doing what they're supposed to do.

So, I was test-driving LUSH Aromacreme (so far, so good) when I realized that the synthetic fabric I was wearing, plus the heat, plus anxiety over giving a presentation after work, was making me feel like I might have been overpowering the LUSH. I stopped at a CVS, bought a Naturally Fresh Deodorant Crystal Stick and discreetly applied as per directions. It totally took care of BO, although I was a bit damp.

Today, I applied, let dry, then applied the Aromacreme. After 12 hours, again, some dampness, no BO .

I splash on a bit of generic Tendskin, let dry, do the crystal, let dry, then the Aromacreme. So far, no irritation and it all works. I do use an Emjoi instead of shaving, so maybe that's why there's no irritation (or maybe that's ahead, and I'll update if that's the case).

I took off a lippie as I don't know how this would do on it's own, and it appears you do have to do some tweaking.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2008 9:31:00 AM More reviews by MarianNorris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like the last reviewer, I was also allergic to this. I have no idea why,it's supposed to be all natural but I suppose that doesn't matter, you can be allergic to something natural. My underarms were raw meat after one day's use!