September 16, 2014 | 1897 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Cover-Up

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Brunette4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Not the best concealer, so I use mine as an eyelid primer...... Amazing!
I will repurchase for that use only

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

I bought this a while ago and i keep using it on and off at first I liked it but then throughout the day I noticed that it wasn't even there anymore and I looked terrible I looked like i hadn't slept the night before. I've tried it several times several different applications foundations powders everything you name it I've tried it. It's just not for me it barely covers my dark circles I've had it for a year and i still have more then half of the tube left I have no idea what to do with this product not to mention I find it to be extremely watery. it may work for others but it doesn't work for me at all and it's a shame because I really wanted to like this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Kaydee1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't wait until I am done my tube and I can try something new. Its not so bad to stop using it, does cover up any red spots. But.. its crap for my huge black undereye circles, maybe mine are just a little too extreme. Unfortunitaly for me the tube lasts FORVER, so it will be a while before I get to find something that works well :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

To be honest, I find this product to be pure crap! I genetically have very dark circles and my skin is pretty pale (I'm blonde and NW20). My skin tends to be dehydrated, which means that I am prone to guetting some dehydration lines under my eyes. I need something that covers a lot and that is not going to emphasize the dehydration lines under my eyes.

I got an eye makeup done at MAC. I told the makeup artist that I had really, really dark scary circles under my eyes and he told me: "Oh honey your circles aren't even dark, I've seen way worse. You're just not using the right thing". Well that was the dumbest thing to say because I had about 3 inches thick of solid concealer pasted over my dark circles, so what he saw was what was left that I couldn't cover with my full coverage concealer. I use Lise Watier Portfolio, which is as thick as Studio Finish but works better for me.

Back to the makeup artist. He applied this with a fluffly brush. The result? At first, it made my undereye area look brighter and lighter. 5 minutes later? The concealer was all caked up under my eyes and it emphasized EVERY fine line like nobody's business. The texture of my undereye area looked absolutely atrocious.

Bottom line:
- Poor coverage
- Initial nice finish but cakes up within minutes
- Not suited for dry or dehydrated skin

Would I purchase? Heck no! Even Maybelline's Mineral Power concealer suits my needs better.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great concealer for light to medium coverage and this stuff lasts an eternity too, I've had my same tube for two years. I don't have dark circles but I've tried it under my eyes in a vain attempt to camouflage puffy allergy eyes and it looks amazingly light and natural, not cakey at all. I do tend to get a few acne scars and this covers them well but by the end of an 8 hr day I can see them peeking through again. It covers but it doesn't last as long as I'd like. Studio finish works better as far as long wear and complete coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For me personally, I don't think I could find a better concealer for my undereyes anywhere and I won't try because this works miracles for those days when i need to cover up my dark circles. The shade in NW20, is perfection. I am fairly fair with freckles and peachy-beige toned f/d works best for me. This is just that but a shade lighter than my skintone so it brightens my undereye and covers dark circles but without looking too cakey. A lot of concealers tend to be yellow b/c it counteracts red/ purple but if you do not have yellow toned skin, it looks awful! Atleast on me..I look jaundiced. This is also great for blemishes. I prefer this over the MAC concealer in the pot, easier to work with.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by jemayhew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Breaks me out, like the rest of MAC makeup
I wont be repurchasing

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

Packaging wise, it's one of the best I've ever seen: clear tube, no-frills, tight tip so that there is not wasting. However, when I use this to conceal my blemishes, it gives me more of them. And it's not the whiteheads that go away quickly with my use of Retin-A, it's the cystic kind :( but the pigments in it makes this concealer perfect for the undereye area, just make sure to dab on the smallest bit of primer so that there's no creasing. I use NC20, but sometimes it might be too yellow, so I mix in a bit of peach as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by egirl26

I love wearing this under my eye. I used to hate it alone and with the nc35 on top. but now that i use it along with my nc40 foundation on top, it looks very natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is a good standard concealer if your looking for light-medium coverage. If you want something that will give a heavier coverage, this isn't it (try their Studio Finish concealer). It does have a runnier consistency so it makes it ideal for easy blending in my opinion. I like this for under-eye circles as well as evening out the redness around my nose. Not so good for blemishes because of the lighter coverage it provides. I find that it's one of the very few concealers that blends easily for me and I don't have problems with it caking or seeping into lines. A downfall is that it feels a bit drying on the skin.