December 19, 2014 | 1538 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Cover-Up

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by swirlyloon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I dont get all the negativity about this concealer, this is absolutely one of the BEST concealers i've ever tried! I'm actually a NW20, But I got the wrong shade, NC20 which is wayy yellow tone and wayy too light for me, I end up having a ghastly white eye.
So then I went back to MAC and got the NW20, worked phenomenal.
I dont have much to cover, just dark circles due to hard working IGCSE's, I haven't been getting enough sleep, and this concealer makes everyone feel like i've had tones of sleep when I actually haven't! :3
This contains 10ml and it will last you for a long time guys.. it's so pigmented, it blends wonderfully.. like mousse.

just wonderful. get it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This didn't work for me though the consistency is good, it slipped off within an hour
Expensive for a product that dosent work.
I thing Mac are great for lips but nothing else!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2011 4:47:00 AM More reviews by chabbycheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It doesn't stay put! I like that it's blendable but it doesn't cover my dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

I give this 5 as it does exactly what it says, covers up select areas, sits on foundation well, and covers blemishes and sorts. Can sometimes go slightly cakey if you overly apply but that's my own fault for applying too much :-) another triumph for mac

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by nobby11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was really shocked by the number of not so great reviews on here that I had to read on to try and understand what everybody else thought was so bad about this concealer. I've finally decided it comes down to what specific area you want to conceal, that mostly determins if this is a winner or not.

I have to say I love this product. I think it works like magic but then again I use it for the small reddish scars that I have on my face left over from bouts of bad skin days, not for under eye darkness.

I remember the first time I tried this in store on a small scar on my cheek and my boyfriend was like get it it works! I didn't need anymore persuading after that! Since then I have found it to be very close to what it claims. Texture free, virtually invisible, erases spots, evens-out skin tones. Makes skin flaw-free. Also the colour matching is like nothing I've found with other brands before. I can literally apply the smallest amount on my scars and redness and it all dissapears. Due to the slightly watery consistency, not creamy, it dries more matt than most.

This is great for blemishes and scarring etc but I understand why those who have bought it for under eyes struggle with it. Others have mentioned that it doesn't last. I don't find this. My skin is oiler rather than dry and this concealer, being so matt works brillaintly not to budge during the day. I also find it's very buildable (as most mac products are) so for a particularly red or dark area I just layer. Being close to textureless means it hides without looking thick and 'slapped on'.

I believe this product is aimed at skin imperfections rather than under eye concealing. There are by far better mac choices out there if you are looking for something to brighten up under the eyes. One quick handy tip and I've read it on here before - pick an NC shade if you are hiding redness or scars.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

I'm sorry, but this cakes sometimes, and creates fine lines on me, a wrinkle-less person right now... i use VERY little, and it covers well, but looks fake, if you get what i mean. the colour match is perfect, btw.
What I mean is, it's moody...some days, it IS good. Other days, maybe it's due to the temperature not being optimal for it, it is HORRID(!), like the nursery rhyme about the girl with the curl.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by zhoo

It's ok. I can work with it. I use it for the undereye area mainly since I'm relatively blemish-free otherwise.The trick for me is to use a tiny amount and press it into the skin with a finger - as throughly and vigorously as possible. Then wait until it's dry, perhaps a minute or so. Try no to use your mimic musculature while it's drying otherwise it's gonna settle into the lines and will make you look several years older.

Staying power - average.
Coverage - sufficient for me but relatively sheer. The SA at a local MAC layered it onto my face with a brush - that trick covered up everything, however it started creasing very soon. I think less is better with this concealer.

Can be used as an eyelid primer.
A generous amount in the tube.

Overall - average. I'll use it up but won't repurchase. My L'Oreal mineral powdered concealer has better coverage and a better staying power. And it's way cheaper, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Brunette4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Not the best concealer, so I use mine as an eyelid primer...... Amazing!
I will repurchase for that use only

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

I bought this a while ago and i keep using it on and off at first I liked it but then throughout the day I noticed that it wasn't even there anymore and I looked terrible I looked like i hadn't slept the night before. I've tried it several times several different applications foundations powders everything you name it I've tried it. It's just not for me it barely covers my dark circles I've had it for a year and i still have more then half of the tube left I have no idea what to do with this product not to mention I find it to be extremely watery. it may work for others but it doesn't work for me at all and it's a shame because I really wanted to like this.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Kaydee1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't wait until I am done my tube and I can try something new. Its not so bad to stop using it, does cover up any red spots. But.. its crap for my huge black undereye circles, maybe mine are just a little too extreme. Unfortunitaly for me the tube lasts FORVER, so it will be a while before I get to find something that works well :(