April 20, 2014 | 943 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Cover-Up

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by jemayhew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Breaks me out, like the rest of MAC makeup
I wont be repurchasing

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

Packaging wise, it's one of the best I've ever seen: clear tube, no-frills, tight tip so that there is not wasting. However, when I use this to conceal my blemishes, it gives me more of them. And it's not the whiteheads that go away quickly with my use of Retin-A, it's the cystic kind :( but the pigments in it makes this concealer perfect for the undereye area, just make sure to dab on the smallest bit of primer so that there's no creasing. I use NC20, but sometimes it might be too yellow, so I mix in a bit of peach as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by egirl26

I love wearing this under my eye. I used to hate it alone and with the nc35 on top. but now that i use it along with my nc40 foundation on top, it looks very natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 6:41:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is a good standard concealer if your looking for light-medium coverage. If you want something that will give a heavier coverage, this isn't it (try their Studio Finish concealer). It does have a runnier consistency so it makes it ideal for easy blending in my opinion. I like this for under-eye circles as well as evening out the redness around my nose. Not so good for blemishes because of the lighter coverage it provides. I find that it's one of the very few concealers that blends easily for me and I don't have problems with it caking or seeping into lines. A downfall is that it feels a bit drying on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by 5t3ph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great basic cover up. Works well under the eyes, and other areas you may want to conceal. It is a runny formula, but has great medium coverage and a little goes a long way so it will last a while. The packaging is very tiny so I like to carry it around in my purse just in case I need any coverage while im out. Works great over studio fix concealer as well as studio fix powder. This is a great product to have.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by FiveFeetFive

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS:
1) Wide range of color selections (but all mac products do)
2) Packaging lets you control how much product you want
CONS:
1) DOES NOT COVER ACNE/ACNE SCARS
2) Only good for areas such as around the nose
3) *********VERY SHEER COVERAGE***********
4) Creases into my "fine lines" that I never even knew I had when I put under my dark circles (which by the way, aren't even that bad)
5) It accentuated these tiny bumps that (again, I never knew I even had) I have on my skin what the hell?????????????????

I will be returning this today, I hate this concealer!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by KP1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this concealer. I have it in NC42 and its the perfect match.

Pros
- Great coverage and buildable
- The color is the perfect match (all my past concealers have always been to light or too dark.)
- Long lasting
- Not too thick and heavy (thicker than my Maybelline Mineral concealer but lighter than my Mary Kay concealer)

Cons
- None

It's my HG concealer... For now.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Chrisylita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I went into MAC looking for a concealer and the girl recommended this concealer to me. I found it to be a little runny for my liking and it didn't do the greatest job on covering my under eye circles. So I took it back and purchased the concealer in the pot (can't remember the name right now LOL) which worked better for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried all of MACs concealers and hands down, Select Cover Up will always remain my favorite, my tried and true. I use three small dots under each eye and on my problem areas. It applies and blends easily. I find that the coverage lasts all day. If I'm in a hurry, I just use some of this and MSFN powder and I'm good to go. It holds up in the summer heat as well. I have found that as you're nearing the end of the tube, there's usually plenty still left in the packaging. I know it sounds funny, but I just cut the tube in half and scoop out the remaining product into a little sealed pot until I can get another tube again, which does hold me over for a while. I usually go through 2-3 tubes a year of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 3:53:00 AM More reviews by briii

I am so in love with this concealer!! I did a lot of reasearch on here and Youtube before purchasing this and finally decided to get it, and let me tell you I'm so happy I did! I originally got NW20 which matched my skin perfectly but for some reason looked like dark spots when I tried to cover up my blemish :( thankfully my fellow users on Makeupally told me to try out a NC color for redness and blemishes so I returned it for NC20 and it is amazing! This product is so creamy but covers blemishes extremely well(if you get the right shade). For me it clings to my blemishes and lasts pretty much all day. I haven't had to touch up any areas that I put this concealer on which is great :) also a little goes a very long way! I squeeze out a tiny tiny dot on my hand and apply it with my 194 brush then pat in with my fingers and I get a flawless finish :] the price I don't think is too bad especially for how much your getting and how long the tube lasts. This is definately my HG concealer and definately plan to repurchase :]