MAC Select Cover-Up

3.7

Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tea-Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Esters, Lecithin, Polybutene, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 85, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben Select Cover-Up may contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines

on 2/7/2012 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

ok so i've had this producet since ummmm . . . . middle october. i have been seraching for a while for a good under eye concealer! n i know a lady very well that works for M-A-C n so i asked if she can match me up n tell me her honest opinouni about how it looked. (im a NW25 btw) n so she put it under my eyes n set it with M-A-C translusent powder. n she said it looked really good on me )n recommend not to really get M-A-C foundation do to it breaking out the skin n since i have a pimple every blue moon its a good idea to stay away from that) so i sent a pic to my Bestie n she said she didn't even notice that i was wearing concealer n that it covers very well. so i said i would come back n see if i liked it after walking around n seeing if it wears off or not. .. . . well it didnt! i really like this product! with e-l-f's primer n MUFE translusent pwoder i looooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee it!!!!! i don't think its water proof (like if you cry or go swimming) but it is sweat proof!! which is perfect for those who go to school for gym class. i took off a lipie cuz the packaging is alil annyouing. like if i squart a lil to much out its a pain to get it back in. but i really like it n it alot of product. i still have the same one. n it doesnt settle in to fine lines n such. great product. i will purchase again.

This does not have the best coverage. I don't usually have serious blemishes so that's okay. It blends well. I have it in NW15 (although I wear Studio Fix in C2) and I use it under the eyes and as a "brightener." It does not crease or accentuate my tiny under eye wrinkles. (Unlike Revlon's PhotoReady concealer. Grrr....) Unfortunately it does NOT work around the nostrils, where it tends to highlight dry skin and enlarged pores. MUFE's Full Cover concealer works much better for me there.

this product is very good. it really covers up my under eye bags and my pimples. it really is worth the money!

on 1/23/2012 8:11:00 PM

I love this concealer. It works well for me under the eyes and any little imperfections I have. It blends well, has good staying power when used with a powder and doesn't crease. I like the packagina and it might seem pricey, but a little goes a long way.

on 1/18/2012 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i got this when i exchanged my studio finish concealer it doesnt really cover any of my scars but i found it worked quite well on my dark circles (which arent really that dark) and its really good as an eye primer. I used it around my nose and that worked quite well too but i felt it didnt really last very long on my skin and i just dont bother using it to conceal my dark acne scars.

on 12/31/2011 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really don't have a lot of use for this concealer.
The only use I have found for it is around my nostrils .

However , having said that , it does blend in well and is not cakey , probably prefer it to Mac's studio sculpt concealer which is too thick.
I just read in a previous review that is good for an eye primer , perhaps I'll try that , or I read somewhere that placing some concealer around the lip area can help stop lipstick feathering and bleeding , so maybe I'll try it for that too.

UPDATE: I have found a better use for this cover-up. I now use this to cover redness, blotchiness on my cheeks and nose. Using it in this way works well, I have since repurchased and use regularly.

on 12/26/2011 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is good. I wouldn't say that its brilliant, however it is by know means awful.
I am 14 year old teen with very oily skin, I found that this concealer slipped off my face within 2-3 hours (just like my MAC select SPF 15 foundation). By the end of the day it was like I wasn't even wearing concealer, if anything it aggravated my pimples.

If your wondering why I gave this a 4 its because there are still many pros-
1. Fantastic package (the tube is perfect)
2. Although the 10ml tube may seem small, there is so much concealer for $32. Only the smallest amount is needed.
3. The texture is really nice and creamy
4. It is very easy to use and blends right in to the skin.

If you are very lucky and have non oily/greasy/dry skin this product would be perfect! However if you have oily/very oily skin I would not recommend this. If you have used the MAC select SPF 15 foundation and found it awful, this concealer is sort of similar to that foundation. I wouldn't buy this product again as I like to mix things up and I am still looking for the perfect concealer. I am changing my foundation to clinique in a day or two and perhaps with a change of foundation this concealer will be brilliant- if it is I will be sure to let you guys know!
Ciao gals!

on 12/24/2011 11:13:00 AM

Great concealer! This matches my skin perfectly and blends in easily. It covers both my under eye circles and blemishes very well. You also get alot of product in the tube. Despite the high price, I will repurchase since it is so amazing.

on 12/2/2011 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I dont get all the negativity about this concealer, this is absolutely one of the BEST concealers i've ever tried! I'm actually a NW20, But I got the wrong shade, NC20 which is wayy yellow tone and wayy too light for me, I end up having a ghastly white eye.
So then I went back to MAC and got the NW20, worked phenomenal.
I dont have much to cover, just dark circles due to hard working IGCSE's, I haven't been getting enough sleep, and this concealer makes everyone feel like i've had tones of sleep when I actually haven't! :3
This contains 10ml and it will last you for a long time guys.. it's so pigmented, it blends wonderfully.. like mousse.

just wonderful. get it.

on 11/29/2011 2:46:00 PM

This didn't work for me though the consistency is good, it slipped off within an hour
Expensive for a product that dosent work.
I thing Mac are great for lips but nothing else!

Top Rated MAC Products