September 19, 2014 | 1911 users online

Palettes - MAC - 15-PAN

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2004 1:52:00 AM More reviews by tortien

A great way to organise your shadows if you have loads of them.

Can be a little daunting looking at 15 all together, which is why i prefer the 4 pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2004 3:51:00 PM More reviews by FUNHolly31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These look like a million bucks but are dirt cheap. They save me tons of space in my cramped bathroom. Also I save time having to look through lots of little pots. I can open several of these and lay them all out to see all my shadows. And my Urban Decays fit in very nicly here too- wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2004 11:12:00 AM More reviews by saramwrap

If you're an eyeshadow collector or makeup artist, this is a superb way to organize your collection. The palettes are clamshell style and each hold 15 pans (i.e. the little metal insert that hold the actual eyeshadow) magnetically. You can buy MAC eyeshadow pans for the palettes at any MAC store (not counter), or remove your existing eyeshadows from their plastic packaging and add a magnet. Besides MAC pans, these palettes also readily hold eyeshadows by Milani, Urban Decay, MMU, Jane, and other companies. And if you pop out the insert with the round dividers, you can hold just about anything!

I organize my eyeshadows by color and these palettes are a lifesaver. When I'm looking for a certain color or family of colors, it's at my fingertips. No more digging around! And they stack up well. The smaller 4-pan palettes are also nice, but I have over 200 eyeshadows in my palettes and couldn't keep up with (or store) that many little palettes.

Some people have complaints about these that I would like to address. First, there are no mirrors or brushes in these palettes. These are professional storage palettes, not compacts. Other companies (like MMU) make small mirrored compacts that will hold MAC eyeshadows -- if you need an all-in-one compact, get one of these. Second, these are fairly durable if you transport and store them properly, but you can have a disaster if you just throw one into your purse or backpack. Again, as they are designed primarily for pro use, they work best when they are securely stowed in palette pouches or flat in a traincase. You don't want to toss these around!

Overall, these are amazing. And for US$12.50 each, it was cheap and easy to organize my eyeshadows for storage and use.

One final note: Many people are very excited about the prospect of depotting eyeshadows for palettes, since with the Back-2-MAC program you can return 6 empty containers and get a free lipstick. This is great for your existing eyeshadows and limited edition colors that only come in pots... but after you've gotten started with palettes, it's the most cost effective to buy all of your eyeshadows in pans when you can. The free lipstick is tempting, but look at the math:

6 pots @ US$12.50 each = US$75

6 pans @ US$9 each = US$54

The difference is $21... and that "free" lipstick is only worth $14! Buy pans, and you can *buy* those lipsticks! continued >>

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2004 2:28:00 AM More reviews by archangeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Price: $14.50 (CAN)

I own 3 of these already!! Love them - they are so great for travelling because I can take only the colors I want. No nonsense, just practical.
I do wish that they had a mirror on the lid, but I won't complain :) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2004 3:43:00 AM More reviews by rachelseven

The perfect palette---sleek, slim, sturdy, and no-nonsense. No frills, just a place to store your little round treasures. Perfectly fits several popular brands (MAC, Jane, etc) and takes up much less space than 15 pots. Stackable and stores away unobtrusively in a drawer. The little locking catch that pops it open is a nice addition too, though it's not totally necessary, because I have one with a broken latch and it stays shut just fine. These also work well as lipstick palettes!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2004 12:54:00 AM More reviews by pinkm00nlight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love palettes! It's great to have all of my colors together, instead of in the pots. With the palette it's so much easier to see all of the colors I have and which ones go together, instead of having to open up and deal with all of those little pots. It fits right into the makeup bag in my purse, which is a plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2004 1:20:00 AM More reviews by sl2f

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love my MAC 15 pan, I usually travel with my NARS palettes so the fact that this palette doesn't travel well doesn't bother me at all. This palette holds all my eyeshadows perfectly and I can't wait to fill up my next one=)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2004 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Chrissys16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love this. I had never thought of using a candle to de-pot my shadows until Yunity suggested it (good idea - I had been nearly burning my fingers with a lighter until I decided to give the candle a try!). One thing - be sure to do your de-potting outside on the patio. The burnt plastic reeks like no one's business (you can tell you are ready to stick the screwdriver in when the plastic starts to reek).

I went to my local Michael's crafts to get magnets to stick on the backs of the pans, I found the best solution was something that I didn't even know EXISTED...magnetic tape! It's next to all the other magnets but is super-thin and comes on a roll (like Scotch tape) that you can easily tear pieces off. Far, far better than using heavy bulky magnets and having to glue them on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2004 12:01:00 AM More reviews by MsiLLneSs

I love this thing. Sleek, magnetic and handy. I can create my own looks and bring them with me with no mess. I'll be sure to buy more and more of these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2004 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Arie

It's a light compact. This is my first MAC palette but definitely not my last. It's cheap!!! But you can only find it in MAC pro store. Other than that, this is a good investment for my eyeshadow collections.