MAC Technakohl in Graphblack

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated olive oil stearyl esters, polyethylene, polybutene, silica silylate, candelilla wax, octyldodecanol, microcrystalline wax, theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, sodium hyaluronate, zinc gluconate, magnesium aspartate, tocopheryl nicotinate, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, water, copper gluconate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, aluminum powder, bismuth oxychloride, black 2, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium olive breens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Even though I gave it a 4, to be honest I wouldn't re-purchase it again.

- I tried Revlon's Colorstay and I find that it doesn't smudge as much (after a few hours) compared to MAC Technakohl on my oily lids. Note that I do not apply eyeliner on my waterline (not anymore), so this is for my lower lashline and top lids. The MAC Technakohl tends to 'run' at the sides and gives me smudgy black dots below my eyes after a few hours, even during winter when its dry. The Revlon fairs slightly better.
- In terms of colour, both are black-black.
- They are both very similar in size (referring to the circumference of the 'crayon', if that's what you call it)
- Its pretty expensive for something that has a similar substitute at a much lower price.
- Lasted me a good 6 months, I apply eyeliner almost everyday (as long as I leave the house!)

Its an above average eyeliner (better than a lot of other auto eyeliners) but it isn't my HG. I never regret trying it out though!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my second 1 & I love it a lot, compared to the PowerPoint 1, this is sooo much better, it has gr8 lasting power on my super oily eyelids, I work 8-12 hours a day, & it helps that i dont have 2 touch it up.
total HG and my fav after Revlon ColorStay.

I've been repurchasing this product for awhile now. I've tried a lot of eyeliners before, but I've dedicated myself to this one. I love how it applies so smoothly and precisely, and only needs to be applied once as the colour comes out very nicely. I also find that it has great staying power and doesn't smudge much. And like with all MAC products, I love its simple packaging.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hate the way this applies, it has almost no staying power... I really am more of a creamy pencil liner girl. And while rolling the liner back down the product broke. I was forced to throw it away as it was no longer salvageable.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love MAC eyeliner. Ive never actually owned any :( but i use my friends all the time. My eyeliners are always gone an hour after putting them on, but with MAC it says all day long. If only it wasn't so expensive! Thats why i gave it a 3 if it was $10 it would be 5.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I quite like this liner. Dark black colour, applies smoothly and precisely.....no need to sharpen (definite bonus lol)....and you can Back2Mac it! What more can you ask for? Oh yeah and it stays on relatively well.....doesn't smudge off. Would buy again

Revised 20 Dec 2011 - Upgraded rating to 5 from 4. This has become a staple in my collection.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The only eyeliner that won't irritate my eyes, finally!
Love it love it love it!

Minus a lippie coz it doesn't last quite as long as I would like..

A very good black eyeliner that doesn't need to be sharpened, decent color payoff( not as black as my milani eyeliner, but that's a pencil so...) i've noticed since using this that my eyes are red a whole lot less often, so I guess that's a sign that the ingredients are gentler for your eyes!

Will continue to use simply because I seem to have a stronger reaction to cheap liner than I used to..

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm a fan of this liner. It doesn't irritate my waterlines like other cheaper liners do. I line my top and bottom lids and they stay put. A lot of people have been saying that they don't like this and that it disappears, but if you just let it sit on your waterline for a few seconds and allow it to set, it won't go away quickly.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this to line the upper and lower waterline. The advantages of this product are that it goes on the waterline smoothly and you dont have to sharpen it. the downside is it doesnt have great staying power. within an hour or so the color smudges and just plain disappears from the waterline. I am not very impressed with this product. It says it's waterproof but the lasting power is mediocre. For a brand like MAC I would have expected better. This stuff works about as well as my cheapo drugstore version which was only $2. I now use a creme eyeliner by Black Radiance called "Continuous Creme Eyeliner." That stuff comes in a pot and I apply it genty with an eyeliner brush to the waterline... now THAT stuff is awesome - lasts through sweaty workouts and swimming. This mac stuff... not so much.