November 27, 2014 | 1539 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Technakohl in Graphblack

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by escapade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I quite like this liner. Dark black colour, applies smoothly and precisely.....no need to sharpen (definite bonus lol)....and you can Back2Mac it! What more can you ask for? Oh yeah and it stays on relatively well.....doesn't smudge off. Would buy again

Revised 20 Dec 2011 - Upgraded rating to 5 from 4. This has become a staple in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by shygirl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only eyeliner that won't irritate my eyes, finally!
Love it love it love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Darkshadow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Minus a lippie coz it doesn't last quite as long as I would like..

A very good black eyeliner that doesn't need to be sharpened, decent color payoff( not as black as my milani eyeliner, but that's a pencil so...) i've noticed since using this that my eyes are red a whole lot less often, so I guess that's a sign that the ingredients are gentler for your eyes!

Will continue to use simply because I seem to have a stronger reaction to cheap liner than I used to..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by 0o

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a fan of this liner. It doesn't irritate my waterlines like other cheaper liners do. I line my top and bottom lids and they stay put. A lot of people have been saying that they don't like this and that it disappears, but if you just let it sit on your waterline for a few seconds and allow it to set, it won't go away quickly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by dawnwfoster

I bought this to line the upper and lower waterline. The advantages of this product are that it goes on the waterline smoothly and you dont have to sharpen it. the downside is it doesnt have great staying power. within an hour or so the color smudges and just plain disappears from the waterline. I am not very impressed with this product. It says it's waterproof but the lasting power is mediocre. For a brand like MAC I would have expected better. This stuff works about as well as my cheapo drugstore version which was only $2. I now use a creme eyeliner by Black Radiance called "Continuous Creme Eyeliner." That stuff comes in a pot and I apply it genty with an eyeliner brush to the waterline... now THAT stuff is awesome - lasts through sweaty workouts and swimming. This mac stuff... not so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by ifbbprobp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. It does a pretty darn good job at staying put. I usually use it to line my upper lashline every single day. I would definitely recommend it. I've already repurchased it twice.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by 3lueMuffin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So i was looking for a good waterline safe eyeliner after i lost my old drugstore one and i saw a review on youtube by juicystar07 saying this was a good eyeliner and waterliner safe. so i went to mac and got this in black since its the color i wear everyday and its not terrible, but not great. it does last a while maybe an hour or so but then starts to fade and it smudges a bit. i do love that its a twisty liner cause i hate sharpening my liners. I would buy again but i might try the other eyeliners by mac 1st before i decide if its really worth it or not.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2009 7:38:00 AM More reviews by i_heart_ck_ls_of_nb

I was on the lookout for an eyeliner that had good staying power on the waterline since I wasn't very pleased with my Clinique cream shaper. I read the reviews on here for all the black eyeliners by MAC, since I think it is, of course, a very good brand.
After reading these reviews, I went to the mall with my friend and bought this at around 12 p.m. As soon as I purchased it, I immediately applied to my waterline. I liked how it was pretty pigmented, and didn't pull or tug on my eye, yet it wasn't really creamy, like the UD 24/7 Glide on pencils.
Anyways, when I left the mall and arrived at home around 5 p.m., I noticed that my eyeliner had faded on the outer corners of my waterline and was starting to fade in the middle as well. Considering the fact that I was moving around to and fro in the mall, and that I live in the hot, hot Arizona sun, I think this pencil had a fairly good amount of staying power.
The reason why I am giving this product only three lippies is because I recently purchased an Ulta-brand Automatic Eyeliner in Black which is identical to the MAC Technakohl in Graphblack.
They both have the same amount of product, same packaging, same color payoff, same staying power, and they are both retractable eyeliners.
But here's the sad thing..
I paid $14.50 + plus tax for my MAC eye pencil.
I paid $1.00 + plus tax for my Ulta eye pencil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 2:15:00 AM More reviews by miss_mac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best eye liners for the waterline. It stays reasonably well (usually around 4 hours) without having to re-apply. It is definately the best out of the other MAC eye pencils for the waterline. It is easy to apply, with a wind up casing (no sharperning required). If i really want my waterline liner to stay for a long period of time i usually use the Fluidline gel liner with a brush, but if i want something quick and easy i'll use the Technakohl.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2009 10:26:00 AM More reviews by jedmo

This is a great eyeliner especially for those who wear their eyeliner on the inside rather than the outside of their eyes. I wear it on my waterline so it is one of my HG ones because it stays there all day. It has a great twist top which hasn't broken for me so far and I use it a lot. I usually prefer grey liners as I am fairly pale but this one works for me. I prefer a natural look so I don't cake it on. In short its a great product - there is better products out there IMO, but the ones that I prefer better than this are all liquid eyeliners. In terms of crayons this is my fave so far.
Definitely worth the buy and will likely repurchase :)