August 20, 2014 | 2070 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2009 8:05:00 PM More reviews by angiexyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is truly a terrible mascara and Chanel should be ashamed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My favourite mascara right now. Nice long wand. Smooth consistency of the product. Brush separates and curls beautifully (not much lengthening, but then I don't need it). The overall effect is that the lashes look separated, fanned out and hold their shape for the day. It comes off easily (without melting into a black mess under my eyes when I cleanse). Never flakes into my eye or contact lens. Wonderful.
Worth the money, though I still wish it cost less.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by saracmbr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think that ,this mascara is really like the other cheaper ones and not any thing special.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by alvira7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I normally use Diorshow Blackout and wanted a change. I was looking for a mascara that really lenghtens the lashes and seperates them. This Chanel mascara was amazing at first... but then it started to clump after two weeks of use. I won't be buyng this again, although I did like the initial effect of this mascara, the Lancome Hypnose mascara is so much better quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by pinkella08

This mascara is the best ive used at actually separating lashes, all the others are a bit thick but this lengthens each individual lash as it separates, it makes your lashes look longer because theyre not all clumped together.

Check out my beauty blog www.francescasbeautyspot.wordpress.com

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by bluepig486

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product: clean application, good separation, negligible smudging and no flaking. This is my daily go to mascara, but with an extra 2 coats, you can get very full, glamorous lashes. I recently had a bout of mascara whoring where I leave a good one behind to find others to replace it... I have found some good and some bad, and some I'm still testing. But all I can say is that I really do like this mascara and will probably get another one since i'm almost out.

BTW, I got a sample of the Inimitable Noir Obscur, and it was terrible. I have no idea what they did to reformulate it, but it smudged like no other. The original is the way to go :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Valentina1234

I bought this as soon as it came out. It was recommended to me by the SA. I have used Instant Lash forever. Now it's discontinued as I do not see it anywhere.

I was given a mascara brush to test this mascara and it was fine. When I got it home, I had a very hard time putting it on. The brush is awful. The mascara went all over my lids instead of my lashes. It has a hard plastic edge to it and I don't like the way it feels against my lashes.

I liked Chanel mascara because it didn't dry up like the others. It's not true about this nonsense of air getting into mascara. I have always used mascaras and years ago, they use to last a year or more. I just found an old mascara from Cover Girl and it must be 10 years old, and it's still moist and fine. These companies are just trying to make fools of us. I"m not spending $30 on mascaras that dry up in a few weeks. This is insane.

Now Maxi Lash by Guerlain and Instant Lash are gone. Searching for my new HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Though this doesn't give me the extremely dramatic look I usually prefer in a mascara, it really has a beautiful overall effect. My lashes look lush and fanned out and separated. They appear soft, which seems unusual. And for the record, I'm not opposed to stiff lashes as long as they still look good. But this is definitely a nice change of pace. I would say that this gives much more length than it does volume.

The wand gets every lash without a lot of effort on my part. I dislike having to deal with thick or overly large mascara wands, so this one is very appealing. It's tapered and more slender than most of the rubber variety. Manages to get all the small inner corner lashes.

I love that this actually can hold a curl, and the slightly glossy finish is also great. My only complaint would be that it does take me several coats to get an intense look. But I would probably end up applying several coats regardless since I like dramatic eyelashes. Everything else is lovely. I wouldn't choose this as my HG of mascaras, but it's absolutely one of the best I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by babyscorpion

One of my favorite mascaras for everyday use. It legthens the lashes nicely without "clumping" them too much. I like the plastic brush on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by wawagugugaga

I alternate Chanel Inimitable Mascara with Dior Iconic Mascara. I love the brush of both mascaras. Chanel Inimitable Mascara has nice rubber comb/brush that really separate and length my lashes. It does not add volume/thickness, but I am OK with that since I don't want clumps. I found this mascara to work the best without using any base or primer. When I used it with mascara primers (smashbox, lancome..etc.), it will actually clumps. The staying power is descent althought not waterproof.
I also like how the lashes remain soft and hydrated when using this mascara. Some mascaras make the lashes into hard/stiff spikes which I really hate.
I will be using Inimitable for a while unless I find something else better than this. Price is more on the expensive size (USD 30).