August 27, 2014 | 1852 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - The Comforter Bubble Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by holalola559

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of those LUSH products I ALWAYS find myself going back for and repurchasing. I recently purchased my fourth Comforter bubble bar. I find that these bars actually last me about 4 to 5 baths if you break it into fourths or fifths. There's a lot of misconception with bubble bars though. It is believed that you crumble them into running bath water / a full bath already. THIS IS NOT TRUE. For BEST bubble results that last super long, crumble the bar into an EMPTY tub, then turn on the water (make sure the drain is closed). Also, if you find that the bubbles start to disappear, just turn on the bath water again and they will pop up once more.
Now, the Comforter creates delicious, fruity smelling (blackcurrant = YUM), super soft bubbles that do not make your skin sticky at all. This is personally my favorite bubble bar because of its smell, color, and SIZE. Most bubble bars produce two baths, but you get the best bang for your buck with this bubble bar. Bravo, Lush!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by sorchao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it, love it, love it.

I didn't take baths until I got this free from Lush. I break it up into several pieces so it lasts for several bathtimes. You only need a bit to get lots of bubbles and the scent is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by ralkire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love love love this! I got my first one in the mail yesterday so I had to try it ASAP. I read all the reviews about the bubbles and thinking it might be similar to regular bubble baths (wrong thinking!) I used half the bar to get lots and lots of frothy bubbles. Wow did I have tons of bubbles!!! I filled my tub and crumbled it in the running water like I was supposed to and there was plenty of bubbles, but when I hopped in and turned on the whirlpool, I seriously had to stop the whirlpool after about 15 seconds as the bubbles were about to overtake my tub (and I only filled the tub half full)! I know some reviewers said the bubbles lasted for them only 20 minutes, but after an hour in my tub (I actually fell asleep lol) I climbed out and tried emptying my tub, and even with the water all gone tons of bubbles still sat at the bottom. These are the super long lasting, able to even shape bubbles (into Santa beards, bubble "balls" etc), and the bar turned my water a beautiful pink color with the water I could actually see. My husband even told me last night that my skin felt super soft and smelled delicious from whatever "thing I used"... (: Will buy over and over!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by MissBettyful

This is the first Lush bubble bar I've ever used and, wow, am I impressed. I have a high pressure faucet and an average sized tub. I could probably get about 8 - 9 uses out of a bar and it would fill my tub with lots of bubbles. The bubbles aren't the cheesy kinds that pop really quick. I used a liquid one before and the bubbles would pop after 10 mins. I would say that for this, it last around 20 - 30 mins. I usually fill my tub with water before I jump in, I find that this gives the bubbles more room to grow.

I crumble this under the faucet and stir it a bit in case there are pieces that aren't dissolved. Then I'd just let it run until full.

I don't really smell the blackcurrant perfume when I'm in the bath, the scent is only noticable if you smell the bar. I really like that the water gets so pink. Not like a creepy red, it's like a nice pink, slightly tinge of purple, color.

Tip: If you don't take baths often, you probably don't clean your tub often. This will cause the pink to stain your tub. So, to make things easier, use a kitchen sponge and wipe the entire tub down before running the water.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by MissButtons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this! It was my first bubble bar and got me hooked. It's cute, smells like berries, makes your water delightfully pink and bubbly, and it's huge enough for about 4 baths! I

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by LushieLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The smell of this Bubble bar is intoxicating, i <3 it! The bubbles were okay, considering my water pressure sucks. You only need to use 1/4 of the bar, so comapared to other bubblebars its a steal.

I would recommend this product, for bath takers.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by kmaness930

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

favorite bubble bar! I've purchased about 5 of these. (my 5 year old sister uses it too, she likes it better than sponge bob or mr. bubbles bulbbles) It's a huge size bar, I usually get 5 baths out of each one. just break off a little and crumble it under your water. the bubble stay about 20 minutes. I'm not a huge fan of the scent.. it smells kind of bubble gum-ish to me? but I love the bubbles!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 4:14:00 AM More reviews by annalea

This is my Favorite product from LUSH for so many reasons. This product smells amazing and produces amazing bubbles. It also transforms the water and makes my skin feel and smell so good for hours after I get out of the bath. I used to not be a "bath" person but this product completely changed that!! It also mixes well with other bath products. No matter what kind of bath I'm drawing, I always put a slice of this stuff in.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by hulakids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have to admit, I’m a Lushie convert. Initially I was turned off by the strong smells and the prices. Years after my first impression, I decided to go back in and decided to “chance it” by purchasing the Comforter and some other products. Let’s face it, LUSH ain’t cheap, so the Comforter was the best value ($8.95) as far as bubble bars go as it’s twice as large as most of other bubble bars. It has a fruity berry candy smell when dry and in bubble form. LUSH states its black current and bergamot. With a small amount of water in the tub, crumble in the Comforter and let the water continue to fill the tub. Being budget minded I was able to get 8 moderate sized bubble baths with this bar, but if you want GREAT bubbles, I suggest ¼ of the bar or more, depending on your taste, but better to start off with less and see if you need more…

PROs: Best value at LUSH (2x larger than other bubble bars)
Great closet/drawer fragrance item (just remember not to forget about it as I hear the scent can fade)
Remember LUSH items can be returned, even if you tried it out!! :)
Bubbles have a longer lasting power than other drug store brands I have tried
Leaves a fruity scent on the skin for some time after exiting the bathtub
Moisturizers the skin a little
Can make your home bath into a “mini-spa” when added with other LUSH items
Totally consumable (I don’t mean edible) so it doesn't leave landfill waste like plastic bottles: paper bag it comes in is eco-friendly

CONs: LUSH still uses Sodium Laureth Sulfate :( - so I can see this may be drying for some…
Size of each varies, so you need to shop for the largest piece in terms of width and depth
Doesn’t moisturize the skin too much, SA says adding a bomb would help with providing moisture, that means more $ :(
Making your home bath into a “mini-spa” can add up $
Crumbling the bar into very wet hands will make lather, this lather will not make as many bubbles as the bar has the potential to make

I recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not a bath person but my husband loves taking baths so I buy these for him. He loves the scent of this - it smells sweet. However, I don't feel it creates a lot of bubbles but it creates enough, just not as much as I expected. This is a great bargain because it can be broken into four pieces for four uses. My hubby loves this so we will definitely repurchase.