April 23, 2014 | 908 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - The Comforter Bubble Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by LushieLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The smell of this Bubble bar is intoxicating, i <3 it! The bubbles were okay, considering my water pressure sucks. You only need to use 1/4 of the bar, so comapared to other bubblebars its a steal.

I would recommend this product, for bath takers.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by kmaness930

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

favorite bubble bar! I've purchased about 5 of these. (my 5 year old sister uses it too, she likes it better than sponge bob or mr. bubbles bulbbles) It's a huge size bar, I usually get 5 baths out of each one. just break off a little and crumble it under your water. the bubble stay about 20 minutes. I'm not a huge fan of the scent.. it smells kind of bubble gum-ish to me? but I love the bubbles!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 4:14:00 AM More reviews by annalea

This is my Favorite product from LUSH for so many reasons. This product smells amazing and produces amazing bubbles. It also transforms the water and makes my skin feel and smell so good for hours after I get out of the bath. I used to not be a "bath" person but this product completely changed that!! It also mixes well with other bath products. No matter what kind of bath I'm drawing, I always put a slice of this stuff in.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by hulakids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have to admit, I’m a Lushie convert. Initially I was turned off by the strong smells and the prices. Years after my first impression, I decided to go back in and decided to “chance it” by purchasing the Comforter and some other products. Let’s face it, LUSH ain’t cheap, so the Comforter was the best value ($8.95) as far as bubble bars go as it’s twice as large as most of other bubble bars. It has a fruity berry candy smell when dry and in bubble form. LUSH states its black current and bergamot. With a small amount of water in the tub, crumble in the Comforter and let the water continue to fill the tub. Being budget minded I was able to get 8 moderate sized bubble baths with this bar, but if you want GREAT bubbles, I suggest ¼ of the bar or more, depending on your taste, but better to start off with less and see if you need more…

PROs: Best value at LUSH (2x larger than other bubble bars)
Great closet/drawer fragrance item (just remember not to forget about it as I hear the scent can fade)
Remember LUSH items can be returned, even if you tried it out!! :)
Bubbles have a longer lasting power than other drug store brands I have tried
Leaves a fruity scent on the skin for some time after exiting the bathtub
Moisturizers the skin a little
Can make your home bath into a “mini-spa” when added with other LUSH items
Totally consumable (I don’t mean edible) so it doesn't leave landfill waste like plastic bottles: paper bag it comes in is eco-friendly

CONs: LUSH still uses Sodium Laureth Sulfate :( - so I can see this may be drying for some…
Size of each varies, so you need to shop for the largest piece in terms of width and depth
Doesn’t moisturize the skin too much, SA says adding a bomb would help with providing moisture, that means more $ :(
Making your home bath into a “mini-spa” can add up $
Crumbling the bar into very wet hands will make lather, this lather will not make as many bubbles as the bar has the potential to make

I recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not a bath person but my husband loves taking baths so I buy these for him. He loves the scent of this - it smells sweet. However, I don't feel it creates a lot of bubbles but it creates enough, just not as much as I expected. This is a great bargain because it can be broken into four pieces for four uses. My hubby loves this so we will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by melissarae

This stuff gives the most bubbly bubble bath I've ever had! Plus, it smells amazing. You just crumble a little bit in (I used about 1/8 of the bar) to the running water, and it foams up into soft luxurious bubbles, that won't dry you out. The bubbles also last a long time, I like to sit in the bath until the bubbles are gone, but with this I would be there for a very long time!

Highly recommend, will be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by fleetgoddess21

This is one of my favorite Lush products. I buy one of these, and in my jacuzzi tub, it lasts about ten baths or so when using a chunk about the size of my thumb. It makes the water pinkish and it smells so yummy, similar to raspberries. The bubbles are so frothy. The are really similar to super thick latte foam in texture, but that great stiffness for building bubble beards (hey, I'm still a five year old inside!). I will buy this again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by mugglemichelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I kinda liked the smell and it's more bang for your buck than the regular sized bubble bars. It was just ok. The smell didn't linger in the air for my bath. Nothing bad to say about it there are just a lot of others I prefer but it's a great deal compared to the number of baths you get compared to the price for othe lush products

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by DaisyRoquer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love these! I gave it a 3 for price, purely because this bubble bar is good value for money by Lush's standards, but extortionately priced compared to your average bottle of bubble bath etc. However, the kind of bath you get from one of these is so much nicer that I think it's worth it once in a while.

As the previous reviewer said, these things are huge - I actually got 8 baths out of my last one! The bubbles didn't last for much more than 20 minutes, admittedly, but the water turned a lovely shade of pink and my skin felt very moisturised afterwards. I really like the scent and, although it's not something I'd buy often, this bubble bar is always a lovely treat and makes a great present on Mothers' Day etc as well. If you like it, I highly recommend The Comforter solid perfume too, it's gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by kaylnm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Blackberry Tub Dream! This bubble bar is the biggest in the LUSH line, big enough to be broken in half for two baths. Presented in pink and white swirly square bar with a fruity blackcurrant fragrance! Turns your bath water into a rasberry color pool. Sweet smelling scent long after your bath.