November 27, 2014 | 1583 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Johanna87

This is amazing, i use this in the summer as my "foundation" ie i just moiturize and then put this on, and then perhaps some blusher on top, eye colour and lipstick. its smooths out all the pores and any dry patches and to be honest its fantastic, I love the smell and in the summer when you want to show of your freckles more and have a more natural looking skin its fantastic. My suggestion is to use a stick concealer with it rather than a liquid as otherwise it can get a pick dry in patches. but i would NEVER use this as a primer for anything else....I have repurchased

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by may529

It did absolutely nothing for me, except for the fact that it clogged my pores? Somehow, I got suckered into purchasing this by a pushy sales person who said it was "amazing". I ended up using maybe a third of it before I came to the realization that it was pointless to put on! Definitely never repurchasing this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by katherine0818

not working on me at all...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by yamyjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it does gives you skin a touch of moist. i use it before my foundation, it has a strange smell. but the product last for ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by LastNameAvailable

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

ETA: Alrighty, after reading the other reviews here I have decided to give the good Doctor one last -ditch chance to wow me. Both to A) Make sure this product just isn't for me and B) To be sure it isn't an operator error.

From what I can tell, this seems to be better suited to oilier skin and zones. For me that is my eyelids. Since the product is fairly stiff in the tin I decided to take a clean toothpick and stir it up, whipping it into a sort of heavy night cream consistency. I liked it much better that way. I dabbed a small amount on each lid and blended/patted it around with an applicator sponge. I blended until I didn't feel the waxiness as much. Then I applied my eyeshadow the way I normally do and I have to admit it helped keep it in place and not to look so powdery. It also seemed to make the light shadow show up more, so I had to use less of it, which is a big plus to me. All in all, I'm glad I found a use for it. I just hate throwing expensive product away! I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'd repurchase it, but if you are having trouble with this I highly recommend stirring it to change the consistency and see if that helps. It seems that this product suffers most from a lack of concise directions from it's makers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by songy67

I'm also sad to see so many negative reviews on this! It's my favorite primer. Currently I'm on my 2nd tin and for both I shelled out the full $28 +tax. Be wary of the cheaper versions you find on eBay - they are likely fake, greasy, and disgusting. The authentic Dr. Feelgood has a very distinct citrusy herbal scent which I find refreshing and addictive. The texture of the product is a creamy formula that feels like velvet and transforms into something almost powdery once smoothed onto skin. So after toning and before foundation I use clean fingers to apply this to only the areas where I need it (mainly T-zone) and it does a wonderful job of creating a smooth canvas for makeup. I've tried many different types of "pore-fillers" and smoothing or mattifying primers, but the others don't seem to deliver on their promises and/or exacerbate the oiliness of my skin and/or cause me to break out. Dr. Feelgood actually smooths and fills pores, controls oil decently, doesn't create more blemishes, and even helps fade old acne scars and discolorations (thanks to all the vitamin C in it). The price doesn't thrill me, nor does the packaging and useless sponge it comes with. But the stuff itself is my HG primer. I can't use it on top of makeup though because that would smudge my face into a patchy mess, and even patting it on doesn't quite give the acceptable results. But in general I'm really pleased with this and will continue to use it for a long time and would be DEVASTATED if Benefit ever discontinued it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by vanillanmanila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What the heck?? Am I the only person that loves this product to death? I gotta stand up for my Dr. Feelgood here and give it praise that it deserves from me! So I apply this BEFORE my foundation, and just in my t-zone area. And I see that it provides a smooth canvas for my makeup! It even smoothes my fine lines, fills in my pores...and just makes my makeup look 5x better. I've also been experimenting it on my eyelids as a base (putting my UD primer on a short break!)...and it works well on that area too! I tried putting it on top of my foundation, but that was a no-no, and all it did is shift my foundation around. BLEH!

I am REALLY oily and as much as I love this stuff, there is ONE negative...my nose gets oily again after about 3 hours. It controls my overall face oil though, so that is a plus! As for the oily nose, I just powder on some of MAC's blotting powder, and everything is just fine and dandy.

The packaging could be improved, just difficult to open sometimes! But I like it's durability, since it's metal. Pricing is ehh, too expensive. But hopefully one jar will last half a year or more. I've had mine for a month now, and it still looks smooth and untouched. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Yarisse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product based on my friend's recommendation and I gotta tell it works for her. Me, I really hate this product. I am sorry, but I do not understand how it is supposed to provide any matte finish to my skin. It is just a greasy mess! I have tried it over the foundation, under it, under moisturizer, over it, without it, set it with powder... It just does not work for me. No matter how hard I try. It always leaves a really gross and very, very greasy residue on my skin despite I am applying only the tiniest amount. Hand off, girls, try something else.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by pjb59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

There is nothing to like about this product,. It's like putting a thin coat of waxy goo on your face. I ended up throwing it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by bigfatcat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

maybe i didn't apply it in a right way. i have the combination skin and my t zone is pretty pretty oily. i apply the Dr F before the primer. it does fill my pores and make my skin silky. but when i just finish the overall make-up, my t zone becomes a little bit oily again. well, i really should have a try to apply it as a finisher.