April 19, 2014 | 1680 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by neonlace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product. I have pretty oily skin that gets really shiny over the course of the day, and this product is the only product i've ever used that completely mattifies my skin for most of the day. i have to do a few touch ups, but this product never makes my skin look cakey or powdery like my skin powder does. i use it under and over my mineral foundation and my skin stays amazing all day. i love this product and would recommend it to anyone who has had to deal with shiny skin. it's worth the price and i can tell it's going to last me at least 6 months. the only thing i don't like about it is the packaging. the tin is hard to open and i can tell i'm going to need to replace or try to clean the sponge soon. in spite of all this i still adore this product and will continue to use it as long as i can buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 6:20:00 AM More reviews by LeahManc

I'm disappointed a lot of people don't love this product, as its an essential for me! I have used it as both a primer and for touch ups, although I use The Porefessional now for touch ups mostly (skin feels very similar after using both products). Dr F smells lovely, I first purchased a pot 12 years ago and have always gone back to it, despite playing around with other primers / refiners. I have also used That Gal and like it, but I find it sometimes creases up on me so I prefer Dr F. I will keep purchasing, give it a try you might love it like I do!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by centrechic

I use this as a finisher on my makeup, never as a primer. I find it too thick for that. I love using this product in the winter because it doesn't dry me out like powder can. I also use it as a makeup refresher when I don't want to bring my Evian spray, it gives a nice satin finish that way. My favorite use for it, though, is not with makeup. I put it on after I apply my sunscreen because sunscreens make me shiny and this takes the shine out, making my face look normal.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by irisni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I can't for the life of me figure out what to do with this product. I have used it under my make up, over my make up...it's like rubbing soft wax on my face...it's awful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I bought this when I was 21 or so and it took me a while to figure out how to use it. If you apply it over your make up, you have to PRESS it into your skin, not wipe--that is how it works. It does do a nice job filling in pores and making your skin smooth but the texture does kind of freak me out a little bit (like wax/heavy lip balm?).

However I did find another amazing use for this product. I was a waitress at 21 and loved to go out and I loved glitter eye shadows, like from UD and Sephora. I found that if I applied Dr. FG with my finger to my lids and then pressed the glitter eye shadow on with a clean applicator, it stayed put ALL night even through waiting tables and then going out dancing. I would imagine this would work really well for highly pigmented shadow looks, where you want to press on the product not smear it across and dilute the color.

So if you are into that stuff, you might give this another try! I don't know what I did with my tin after a while (you are right the sponge can get really gross and the product can get smeared with dirt if you don't keep a fresh pad or applicator for this). So I am thinking about buying another one. I wish Benefit was 10-15 not 24+ though. I have a really hard time justifying expensive floofy cosmetics that are not everyday essentials.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by ChaiMeUp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this product this morning, and I hate it so much!

It was a free product (I work in the media), and I would never ever pay for it!

I used That Gal primer first (not very impressed by that either), then my foundation (Armani, lovely stuff). I then tried to pat on the balm over the top, as in the package instructions.

It totally wiped all my make-up off! Ended up washing my face and starting again. Not sure wear I would bother wearing this, even by itself or as a base, and the sponge is a shitty, germ harbouring idea.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 5:44:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I got this as part of a pack with Benetint and the Badgal mascara. It was an awesome price for the pack and I heard good things about Dr Feelgood but it didn't live up to the expectations.
It sat on my skin and slipped right off, along with any makeup I used on top of it. Maybe because the foundation was water based where as this product is not. Still, I didn't like how it sat on the skin as i felt like it was sweating and the like between the product and the skin. It goes on matte but I find that my skin gets oily especially on the sides of my nose and forehead within 10-15 minutes.
It comes in a tin. I am never a fan of things that comes in a tub due to hygiene reasons!
The sponge it comes with isn't very good and gets dirty quite easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by mittensdontgrowontrees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was given Dr Feelgood as a gift when I was just getting into department store cosmetics a few years ago. It sticks in my mind as being utterly rubbish.

I liked the tin, and the product smelled pleasant, but the positives end there. I found the sponge got quickly grubby and wasn't worth including. Using my fingers I found the product difficult to manipulate and was only able to apply tiny bit by tiny bit at a time which was frustrating. It did nothing for me. Pointless.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by loveirene19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

this one is useless. It does give a smooth feel on my face but that's all. It cannot control shining of the face. it really makes me disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by CPBraswell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this originally because of the way it went on my skin- so silky! When I went home I realized it wasn't one of my most necessary products considering a cheap drugstore finishing powder does just fine for me.

I use it on occasion, on days I don't wear much makeup but want my skin to still feel smooth. But I have found a little secret with this product-- It's a really great alternative to eye primers like Urban's Primer Potion. I ran out of my primer potion one day and realized that Dr. Feelgood actually feels similar to it.

And So I tried it, no creasing on my lids and it made my eyeshadow pigment deeper....not to mention there's an ungodly amount more product in Dr. Feelgood than the Primer Potion if you think about it!