July 23, 2014 | 2017 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by songy67

I'm also sad to see so many negative reviews on this! It's my favorite primer. Currently I'm on my 2nd tin and for both I shelled out the full $28 +tax. Be wary of the cheaper versions you find on eBay - they are likely fake, greasy, and disgusting. The authentic Dr. Feelgood has a very distinct citrusy herbal scent which I find refreshing and addictive. The texture of the product is a creamy formula that feels like velvet and transforms into something almost powdery once smoothed onto skin. So after toning and before foundation I use clean fingers to apply this to only the areas where I need it (mainly T-zone) and it does a wonderful job of creating a smooth canvas for makeup. I've tried many different types of "pore-fillers" and smoothing or mattifying primers, but the others don't seem to deliver on their promises and/or exacerbate the oiliness of my skin and/or cause me to break out. Dr. Feelgood actually smooths and fills pores, controls oil decently, doesn't create more blemishes, and even helps fade old acne scars and discolorations (thanks to all the vitamin C in it). The price doesn't thrill me, nor does the packaging and useless sponge it comes with. But the stuff itself is my HG primer. I can't use it on top of makeup though because that would smudge my face into a patchy mess, and even patting it on doesn't quite give the acceptable results. But in general I'm really pleased with this and will continue to use it for a long time and would be DEVASTATED if Benefit ever discontinued it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by vanillanmanila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What the heck?? Am I the only person that loves this product to death? I gotta stand up for my Dr. Feelgood here and give it praise that it deserves from me! So I apply this BEFORE my foundation, and just in my t-zone area. And I see that it provides a smooth canvas for my makeup! It even smoothes my fine lines, fills in my pores...and just makes my makeup look 5x better. I've also been experimenting it on my eyelids as a base (putting my UD primer on a short break!)...and it works well on that area too! I tried putting it on top of my foundation, but that was a no-no, and all it did is shift my foundation around. BLEH!

I am REALLY oily and as much as I love this stuff, there is ONE negative...my nose gets oily again after about 3 hours. It controls my overall face oil though, so that is a plus! As for the oily nose, I just powder on some of MAC's blotting powder, and everything is just fine and dandy.

The packaging could be improved, just difficult to open sometimes! But I like it's durability, since it's metal. Pricing is ehh, too expensive. But hopefully one jar will last half a year or more. I've had mine for a month now, and it still looks smooth and untouched. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Yarisse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product based on my friend's recommendation and I gotta tell it works for her. Me, I really hate this product. I am sorry, but I do not understand how it is supposed to provide any matte finish to my skin. It is just a greasy mess! I have tried it over the foundation, under it, under moisturizer, over it, without it, set it with powder... It just does not work for me. No matter how hard I try. It always leaves a really gross and very, very greasy residue on my skin despite I am applying only the tiniest amount. Hand off, girls, try something else.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by pjb59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

There is nothing to like about this product,. It's like putting a thin coat of waxy goo on your face. I ended up throwing it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by bigfatcat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

maybe i didn't apply it in a right way. i have the combination skin and my t zone is pretty pretty oily. i apply the Dr F before the primer. it does fill my pores and make my skin silky. but when i just finish the overall make-up, my t zone becomes a little bit oily again. well, i really should have a try to apply it as a finisher.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by neonlace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product. I have pretty oily skin that gets really shiny over the course of the day, and this product is the only product i've ever used that completely mattifies my skin for most of the day. i have to do a few touch ups, but this product never makes my skin look cakey or powdery like my skin powder does. i use it under and over my mineral foundation and my skin stays amazing all day. i love this product and would recommend it to anyone who has had to deal with shiny skin. it's worth the price and i can tell it's going to last me at least 6 months. the only thing i don't like about it is the packaging. the tin is hard to open and i can tell i'm going to need to replace or try to clean the sponge soon. in spite of all this i still adore this product and will continue to use it as long as i can buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 6:20:00 AM More reviews by LeahManc

I'm disappointed a lot of people don't love this product, as its an essential for me! I have used it as both a primer and for touch ups, although I use The Porefessional now for touch ups mostly (skin feels very similar after using both products). Dr F smells lovely, I first purchased a pot 12 years ago and have always gone back to it, despite playing around with other primers / refiners. I have also used That Gal and like it, but I find it sometimes creases up on me so I prefer Dr F. I will keep purchasing, give it a try you might love it like I do!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by centrechic

I use this as a finisher on my makeup, never as a primer. I find it too thick for that. I love using this product in the winter because it doesn't dry me out like powder can. I also use it as a makeup refresher when I don't want to bring my Evian spray, it gives a nice satin finish that way. My favorite use for it, though, is not with makeup. I put it on after I apply my sunscreen because sunscreens make me shiny and this takes the shine out, making my face look normal.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by irisni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I can't for the life of me figure out what to do with this product. I have used it under my make up, over my make up...it's like rubbing soft wax on my face...it's awful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I bought this when I was 21 or so and it took me a while to figure out how to use it. If you apply it over your make up, you have to PRESS it into your skin, not wipe--that is how it works. It does do a nice job filling in pores and making your skin smooth but the texture does kind of freak me out a little bit (like wax/heavy lip balm?).

However I did find another amazing use for this product. I was a waitress at 21 and loved to go out and I loved glitter eye shadows, like from UD and Sephora. I found that if I applied Dr. FG with my finger to my lids and then pressed the glitter eye shadow on with a clean applicator, it stayed put ALL night even through waiting tables and then going out dancing. I would imagine this would work really well for highly pigmented shadow looks, where you want to press on the product not smear it across and dilute the color.

So if you are into that stuff, you might give this another try! I don't know what I did with my tin after a while (you are right the sponge can get really gross and the product can get smeared with dirt if you don't keep a fresh pad or applicator for this). So I am thinking about buying another one. I wish Benefit was 10-15 not 24+ though. I have a really hard time justifying expensive floofy cosmetics that are not everyday essentials.