January 30, 2015 | 1843 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by harls321

I like to use this to touch up my oily skin instead of powder. Powder in the winter for me can look cakey and heavy...this does not. I also wear this under benefit you rebel on my t-zone and it helps absorb the shine. I prefer this over benefit porefessional as I find that one is too drying and it doesn't look good when I use it over make-up for touch ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by elizabetch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have repurchased this 3 times now. I have acne prone skin, and this does not make it worse. I don't use it daily, more in the summer when I'm likely to get shiny, or for an event where my photo will be taken and I don't want the flash reflecting off my forehead! I love this product, it's easy to apply and smells nice. Some reviewers have found it drying - I would suggest not skipping moisturizer. If you moisturize lightly and let it sink in, then use this, you should be fine. I also read a review where someone uses it for foundation? Maybe if you have perfect skin, but this does not offer an coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpNewbie2010

I got this product because one of the associates at sephora introduced to me. I was looking for something that would help me control my t-zone oil... She put some of Dr. feelgood, it did mattified my t-zone with a nice pleasent lemon scent. So I got it. I realized later that this product dries out my skin like crazy!!!! I didn't know why I didn't return this, now I still use it now and then just because it smells good. I will not repurchase this one for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Johanna87

This is amazing, i use this in the summer as my "foundation" ie i just moiturize and then put this on, and then perhaps some blusher on top, eye colour and lipstick. its smooths out all the pores and any dry patches and to be honest its fantastic, I love the smell and in the summer when you want to show of your freckles more and have a more natural looking skin its fantastic. My suggestion is to use a stick concealer with it rather than a liquid as otherwise it can get a pick dry in patches. but i would NEVER use this as a primer for anything else....I have repurchased

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by may529

It did absolutely nothing for me, except for the fact that it clogged my pores? Somehow, I got suckered into purchasing this by a pushy sales person who said it was "amazing". I ended up using maybe a third of it before I came to the realization that it was pointless to put on! Definitely never repurchasing this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by katherine0818

not working on me at all...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by yamyjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it does gives you skin a touch of moist. i use it before my foundation, it has a strange smell. but the product last for ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by LastNameAvailable

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

ETA: Alrighty, after reading the other reviews here I have decided to give the good Doctor one last -ditch chance to wow me. Both to A) Make sure this product just isn't for me and B) To be sure it isn't an operator error.

From what I can tell, this seems to be better suited to oilier skin and zones. For me that is my eyelids. Since the product is fairly stiff in the tin I decided to take a clean toothpick and stir it up, whipping it into a sort of heavy night cream consistency. I liked it much better that way. I dabbed a small amount on each lid and blended/patted it around with an applicator sponge. I blended until I didn't feel the waxiness as much. Then I applied my eyeshadow the way I normally do and I have to admit it helped keep it in place and not to look so powdery. It also seemed to make the light shadow show up more, so I had to use less of it, which is a big plus to me. All in all, I'm glad I found a use for it. I just hate throwing expensive product away! I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'd repurchase it, but if you are having trouble with this I highly recommend stirring it to change the consistency and see if that helps. It seems that this product suffers most from a lack of concise directions from it's makers.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by vanillanmanila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What the heck?? Am I the only person that loves this product to death? I gotta stand up for my Dr. Feelgood here and give it praise that it deserves from me! So I apply this BEFORE my foundation, and just in my t-zone area. And I see that it provides a smooth canvas for my makeup! It even smoothes my fine lines, fills in my pores...and just makes my makeup look 5x better. I've also been experimenting it on my eyelids as a base (putting my UD primer on a short break!)...and it works well on that area too! I tried putting it on top of my foundation, but that was a no-no, and all it did is shift my foundation around. BLEH!

I am REALLY oily and as much as I love this stuff, there is ONE negative...my nose gets oily again after about 3 hours. It controls my overall face oil though, so that is a plus! As for the oily nose, I just powder on some of MAC's blotting powder, and everything is just fine and dandy.

The packaging could be improved, just difficult to open sometimes! But I like it's durability, since it's metal. Pricing is ehh, too expensive. But hopefully one jar will last half a year or more. I've had mine for a month now, and it still looks smooth and untouched. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Yarisse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product based on my friend's recommendation and I gotta tell it works for her. Me, I really hate this product. I am sorry, but I do not understand how it is supposed to provide any matte finish to my skin. It is just a greasy mess! I have tried it over the foundation, under it, under moisturizer, over it, without it, set it with powder... It just does not work for me. No matter how hard I try. It always leaves a really gross and very, very greasy residue on my skin despite I am applying only the tiniest amount. Hand off, girls, try something else.