St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Glycol Stearate, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Hexylcinnamal, Disodium EDTA, Phenethyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium 7, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 10 Aluminum Lake (CI 47005) (CI 47005), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035) (CI 16035), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (CI 42090)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am so happy that I have returned to St.Ives products. I used them in my younger years and strayed later on to try every "best beauty product" out there.
The body wash smell great, moisturizes, animal friendly and cheap.
There body washes, body lotions and microdermabrasion wash are all fantastic products.
Goes to show that you do not have to spend a fortune on toiletries.

PROS: It DOES smell like an oatmeal cookie, just not quite as sweet. It's slightly moisturizing too. Actually removes antiperspirant well. Inexpensive. Small amount of suds, but enough suds.

CONS: Can't think of one!

ALTERNATES: At Walmart, the Equate Age Resisting Body Wash. It is very moisturizing and removes antiperspirant better than this.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am on my fourth bottle of this. I love it! I have tried a million different body washes, and this one takes the cake.
I love the way this smells, and it really keeps my skin soft and supple feeling. A little goes a long way, too.
Love this stuff!

on 12/9/2009 8:41:00 PM

I've been using this for 4 years and it feels great on my skin. The scent isn't overpowering or obnoxious and there's a whole lotta body wash in 1 big bottle that's pretty dirt cheap, especially with a $1 off coupon from the Sunday ads. Great product!

Moisturizes well, smells pleasant but not overwhelming and dirt cheap. Only the cap could be better, the plastic keeps on breaking off.

on 11/15/2009 11:11:00 PM

I have really dry skin so I need a moisturizing body wash and this is the best one I've tried for the price. It's also huge (mine is 18 fl oz). St. Ives just never lets me down. I love the smell, my skin feels and looks nice and moisturized long after I've used it, and it's super gentle. Sometimes I use it as shaving gel if I've run out of my Skintimate. A little bit goes a looong way. I've repurchased this twice already, actually. I haven't tried the other body washes, but I don't know if I want to, I love this one so much.

on 11/14/2009 10:49:00 AM

I bought this to replace my Dove Sensitive Skin body wash that didn't seem to be moisturizing enough for me. This is way cheaper, and way better. At the same time, I also bought a Caress Daily Silkening body bar, and ended up liking that even better, or else I'd definitely use this as my body wash. But a couple days later I ran out of my face wash, and well.. I had to wash my face somehow. So I used this, and surprise - I really like the way it cleans my combo oily skin on my face. It gets the oil off completely, but leaves it feeling slightly moisturized and not at all dry... a very elusive feeling for my combo skin. It's been about a week now since I started using this as my face wash. It hasn't broken me out or clogged up my pores yet as far as I can tell, which frankly kind of surprises me, especially with the shea butter in it. I'm hoping it won't, because I really like the way it makes my face feel. We'll see on that, but either way, great body wash.

Edit: Eventually I discovered this was making my super sensitive skin itchier! Discontinued use, but I still think this is one of the better soaps you can buy at the drugstore.

on 11/13/2009 7:58:00 PM

I've already gone through about 3 bottles of this body wash. It's so moisturizing, lathers incredibly well, smells wonderful, and is so affordable. It just feels great on the skin and rinses clean.

on 11/12/2009 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

How many bottles of this have I bought for the household in the past year? Too many to count. This body wash is a staple in our household. We get winter itchies, and this helps. This body wash smells good, lathers well, is not drying, is quite inexpensive especially if found on sale. We usually buy many varieties of body wash, usually whatever happens to be on sale and is moisturizing. This one is a favorite, and is often found on sale.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Plain and simple: a good body wash that smells pretty good. gets the job done - i feel clean. My skin doesnt feel dry. Doesnt leave a film or greasy after feel. I like it and would not hesitiate to buy agian