April 24, 2014 | 2021 users online

Gels/Soaps - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by mulhollanddrive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Moisturizes well, smells pleasant but not overwhelming and dirt cheap. Only the cap could be better, the plastic keeps on breaking off.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by chiklita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have really dry skin so I need a moisturizing body wash and this is the best one I've tried for the price. It's also huge (mine is 18 fl oz). St. Ives just never lets me down. I love the smell, my skin feels and looks nice and moisturized long after I've used it, and it's super gentle. Sometimes I use it as shaving gel if I've run out of my Skintimate. A little bit goes a looong way. I've repurchased this twice already, actually. I haven't tried the other body washes, but I don't know if I want to, I love this one so much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this to replace my Dove Sensitive Skin body wash that didn't seem to be moisturizing enough for me. This is way cheaper, and way better. At the same time, I also bought a Caress Daily Silkening body bar, and ended up liking that even better, or else I'd definitely use this as my body wash. But a couple days later I ran out of my face wash, and well.. I had to wash my face somehow. So I used this, and surprise - I really like the way it cleans my combo oily skin on my face. It gets the oil off completely, but leaves it feeling slightly moisturized and not at all dry... a very elusive feeling for my combo skin. It's been about a week now since I started using this as my face wash. It hasn't broken me out or clogged up my pores yet as far as I can tell, which frankly kind of surprises me, especially with the shea butter in it. I'm hoping it won't, because I really like the way it makes my face feel. We'll see on that, but either way, great body wash.

Edit: Eventually I discovered this was making my super sensitive skin itchier! Discontinued use, but I still think this is one of the better soaps you can buy at the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Hollynla

I've already gone through about 3 bottles of this body wash. It's so moisturizing, lathers incredibly well, smells wonderful, and is so affordable. It just feels great on the skin and rinses clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 12:01:00 AM More reviews by maybelle

How many bottles of this have I bought for the household in the past year? Too many to count. This body wash is a staple in our household. We get winter itchies, and this helps. This body wash smells good, lathers well, is not drying, is quite inexpensive especially if found on sale. We usually buy many varieties of body wash, usually whatever happens to be on sale and is moisturizing. This one is a favorite, and is often found on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by RealDealBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Plain and simple: a good body wash that smells pretty good. gets the job done - i feel clean. My skin doesnt feel dry. Doesnt leave a film or greasy after feel. I like it and would not hesitiate to buy agian

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Arisainwonderland

Finally found my HG bodywash. Thank you MUA reviewers!

Since my old body wash was running out, I decided to search for a wash that was great for the skin, but inexpensive. And here it was, St Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash! Tried it in the shower, foamed up nicely and did not have that overly sweet oatmeal smell like most products out there. After I finished washing up, my skin felt baby smooth and my skin didn't have that scaly feel to it anymore. Only paid $3 USD too!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 3:43:00 AM More reviews by missfaithy

I was first introduced to this product by a friend who LOVED shea butter based products. I had been using a number of body-washes -- from those that exfoliated, uber moisturized, & some that smelled like you were running through a field of flowers.

I must say, thus far -- nothing compares to the quality, price, & result that this product delivers. I no longer use shaving cream/gel to shave my legs -- this body wash is moisturizing enough to save my legs from possible cuts & nicks.

THUMBS up on this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2009 6:25:00 AM More reviews by yuribe22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PROS:
-great scent
-extremely cheap and you get alot of product
-lathers well and makes your skin feel soft
-this is a great reliable product that is available everywhere!

CONS:
-none really, i only gave it a 4 because i feel like there is still something better out there. i will probably buy another product after this BUT i'm going away thinking that this is great! i really do recommend it !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought for a while that I would never find a cheap ($2-$3) body wash. Then I found St. Ives, and I looooooooove it. I'm not sure how I came across it, or how I found the reviews, but I'm glad I did. I don't ask much out of a body wash, just to smell good and be moisturizing. St. Ives pulled through for me. For $3 you get a big bottle that'll last me a good month or two. It smells delicious, just like warm oatmeal, with a hint of scent from the shea butter. It lathers really well and leaves my skin soft and hydrated enough that I can skip a day of baby oil or lotion and not be uncomfortable. I would definitely buy this again in a heartbeat.