November 24, 2014 | 1752 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by adriann1973

Let me just say that I have always been a sweater. Since my Dr put me on Adderall for attention issues it has gotten much worse. Certain Dri Roll on is incredible!! I do have to put it on 2 nights in a row before I get the wetness protection but I notice a small difference after the first night. That being said, I went to get a new bottle and saw they had a solid so I went for that. BOO. It does very little. Not sure why since it has the same ingredients but I have used it 4 nights in a row and still sweating like a pig. I have to shove rolled up kleenex in my pits at work so I can avoid the sweat rings and that KILLS the sexy look for a night out on the town. It's a bit expensive (depending on where you get it) but I am going today to shell out another $7 for the roll-on since the solid sucks. The roll on rocks!

P.S. I do not have the stinging issue others do. I can feel it a small bit if i use every single night but nothing unbearable. But beware because it seals your pores to keep you from sweating...that's how it works. There are lymph nodes in your armpits and they can get clogged and form cysts. I didn't notice until in the shower one day and felt something like a golf ball way under the skin in my pit. Granted I had a blast popping the thing (I am disgusting like that lol but armpit zits/cysts can hold LOTS of stuff in them...insane amounts...sorry TMI) Could have been a coincidence but since I had been using the stuff all that week and because of the way it works I have concluded that's what caused it. Just FYI

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by mrosen3030

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an antiperspirant you apply at night and it controls pit sweat the next day. You can go for several days in between using it.

I sweat a lot during the summer. A LOT. And although I still have armpit sweat when I use this product it is nothing like when I don't use it.

The cons: It stings like hell when I put it on. I DEFINITELY do not use it on days where I shaved under my arms, because the stinging is almost unbearable.

Another con: since it is an antiperspirant, it doesn't control odor. SO, I have to apply a deodorant during the day to help with that problem.

All in all, Certain Dri is the best "clinical" strength product I have tried. ...Secret Clinical was more expensive and didn't touch my perspiration problem. I'll keep buying this and working with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I gave this a high rating and yet I wouldn't buy it again. It does what it claims to, oh yes - I don't sweat a drop with this. But I have sensitive armpits anyway, and this stuff is absolutely, intolerably itchy. This is extreme itchiness you can't ignore kind of itchiness. But enough of it managed to sink in before I itched my armpits into oblivion the several times I applied it - I kept hoping the itchiness would go away - and it did work, wonderfully. I don't sweat excessively, but I get odor easily. And when I didn't sweat? I got no odor.

I think this is worth a shot for everyone and is a great product. I can't use it, but if you can, you will love it. Especially if you do have trouble with excessive sweating, you must try this.

Edit: Tried the STICK version. MUCH more tolerable and same effectiveness! If you can't tolerate this, try that!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Lizzieloveslipgloss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A must have for girls with extreme wetness and odor. I cannot live without this. Works better than any clinical deodorant. Just wish the bottle was bigger to hold more product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by ashley92504

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If only I had known about this earlier. I bought the certain dri roll on which retails around $7 in my area.

this really does help with underarm sweating. I normally can sweat through two shirts layered if i am anxious, under pressure, etc.

In those situations now my underarms just get a little moist, so it hasnīt completely made my underarms desert dry.

I was a little nervous about my underarms feeling itchy, or being too sensitive but that never happened. They never felt itchy dry and i never got any type of reaction to this product.

I use this at night and in the morning i put on a deodorant that i like the smell of!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by sfreeman87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great! It's a little frustrating that you can't use it after shaving, because it means I pretty much have to use an other deodorant for all the times I want to step out of the shower and still be dry.
I sweat quite a bit and this definitely helps, although I don't think it really helps with odor the same way other deodorants traditionally do. But overall it does the job, and is reliable, and would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by cia_agent86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I sweat a lot for a woman. I would have to consciously wear darker clothing to cover it up. I never had BO but the amount I was sweating was ridiculous! this stuff is awesome! I went around lifting my arms at work (showing my friend) lol

I use this at night and sometimes during the day (mostly if I didn't apply it in the AM), but you have to make sure you wait a while AFTER you shower. Also, I'm not sure, but I wonder if I got a bad batch (my third bottle was ineffective, I'm on number four now) so if this doesn't work for you the first time, try another bottle :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by iHEARTthat650

I've had a problem with excessive sweating since I began puberty. Although I don't have a problem with BO, the pit stains are just so embarrassing, especially since I'm a dancer. I'm the kind of person that sweats all the time, even if it's freezing out.Through makeupalley I came upon Certain Dri. After reading so many positive reviews, I went to my nearest Walgreens and purchased the stick version because that's what I'm more used to. It worked alright but I was expecting better after all the rave reviews. I decided to try it for a month and see how well it worked. I only saw a small difference. A couple weeks ago I decided to give the roll-on version a try and let me say it is amazing. If the stick version isn't working out for you, I highly suggest the roll-on. I saw a dramatic after just the first use. It did itch and irritate me the first couple applications but now it's not so bad. Make sure to follow the directions though. Apply at night and not after showering or shaving. Since the roll-on is liquid it could get a little messy so I apply it with the top facing up. The method I use is that I apply the roll-on every 3 days and on the off days I apply the solid. This product truly changed my life. I am now more confident and I'm able to wear anything I want without worry about pit stains. Certain Dri is inexpensive, easily available. and works like magic.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by famoushair

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first used this many years ago when I was working retail in the mid '90s and found that I was sweating like crazy during the day - not the best when you're trying to give pleasant customer service! It was so bad some days that I occasionally felt tiny rivulets of perspiration running down my sides. Not to mention that my left armpit seemed to be way more overactive than my right. Altogether: not a fun situation and I was feeling beastly!

I found this stuff on a bottom corner shelf at the CVS that was located in that mall. The dull packaging and poor shelf placement certainly didn't seem too promising, but the fact that it cost more than the others made me wonder why they could get away with charging more for it. I was desperate and sweaty, so I took a chance.

Wowsers! That day changed my life. This stuff shut off the waterworks! I finally felt empowered after so many years of feeling like a swamp-monster girl. Since then, I've purchased this product numerous times and learned a lot about it through trial and error. Here are some tips I can offer:

- ALOE: When you buy the Certain Dri, pick up a tube of pure, unscented Aloe Vera to have on hand just in case. This will be a great help as you adjust to this antiperspirant, it's usually pretty cheap, and it has many other uses as well so it won't be a waste of money.

- USAGE: Once a day was OK to start. But once you start to notice it working (pretty quickly), try going to every other day, or every few days. If you use it every day for any extended period of time, you will get the stinging armpit drama.

- STINGING ARMPIT DRAMA: If you get the sting, grab that pure, unscented Aloe Vera gel and apply that to your underarms. Let the sting die down for a day or more before even considering applying more Certain Dri. Consider using Certain Dri less frequently as you figure out what works for you. If I apply Certain Dri at night, sometimes I'll apply some aloe in the morning, to be proactive in preventing dryness and stinging.

- TUNE IN TO WHAT YOUR BODY TELLS YOU: Many factors affect your sweating, so be kind to your body and adjust your Certain Dri usage to fit your personal needs. Some things that can affect your perspiration include: hot vs. cold weather, the humidity, your monthly cycle, your diet, your age, the materials your shirts are made of (cotton, polyester, blends), stress, physical activity, and on and on.

- PACKAGING: This is really one peeve of mine and is the reason I've taken off one lippie in the rating. This roll-on bottle does leak. I apply carefully and always store upright. If you travel with it, put it in a ziploc bag, or it may leak all over your other toiletries. Certain Dri has been around for awhile now, and I can't fathom why they haven't taken the lead from the myriad other companies whose roll-ons are well packaged. Come on, Certain Dri, give us a better roll-on bottle already.

All in all, this is an HG product for me, with room for improvement in the packaging department. It does what no other antiperspirant has done for me, and I am so glad I found it.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by katie76

This stuff really does work. I have horrible night sweats and I do a pretty intense work out during day....absolutely no sweat and no odor. It is amazing. A miracle. I was one of those girls who when nervous or anxious I get sweaty pits....wet marks on my shirts...yuck...not anymore. I am so glad I found this product and I will never ever buy anything else again. Seriously girls...try it. Worked for me after the very first application. It might cause some tingling but nothing that will keep up at night.