Certain Dri

4.4

Active ingredient: Aluminum Chloride 12%. Inactive ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Water.

on 6/4/2011 4:39:00 PM

Amazing product. Before this product I had a very serious sweating problem, now pitting out is the furthest thing from my mind. It does burn quite a bit if you apply after shaving. One bottle will last a very very long time, I use this probably once or twice a month. I don't think I could live without this product.

on 5/25/2011 8:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is life-changing. I used to only wear printed tops in the summer or things that would disguise sweat marks. My problem was mainly on one side, both pits didn't even sweat equally! I think I started using Certain-Dri about 10 years ago? I remember buying it online, because stores didn't carry it much back then. It does sting, and it did cause itching, but it went away when you shower in the morning. It almost completely stopped the sweating! I am to the point where I only have to use it about once a week and I almost never have any perspiration. Just amazing not to have to worry or think about it! I do use Arm and Hammer antiperspirant/deodorant each morning, but Certain Dri is the real sweat zapper.

on 5/25/2011 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I wish someone told me about this product sooner. I sweat. A lot. I could feel perfectly fine everywhere else and it could be 0 degrees outside and my underarms would still be sweating like crazy. I was online searching for something that would help although I had pretty much given up on deodorants. But I stumbled upon this product and immediately went to my drugstore to get it. This absolutely works. It works so great I no longer think twice about putting on a gray shirt in the summer. This is a must have for me now. I use it everyday other day and it is still effective. I no longer have an issue with sweaty armpits and sweat stains.

on 5/19/2011 2:09:00 PM

Let me just say that I have always been a sweater. Since my Dr put me on Adderall for attention issues it has gotten much worse. Certain Dri Roll on is incredible!! I do have to put it on 2 nights in a row before I get the wetness protection but I notice a small difference after the first night. That being said, I went to get a new bottle and saw they had a solid so I went for that. BOO. It does very little. Not sure why since it has the same ingredients but I have used it 4 nights in a row and still sweating like a pig. I have to shove rolled up kleenex in my pits at work so I can avoid the sweat rings and that KILLS the sexy look for a night out on the town. It's a bit expensive (depending on where you get it) but I am going today to shell out another $7 for the roll-on since the solid sucks. The roll on rocks!

P.S. I do not have the stinging issue others do. I can feel it a small bit if i use every single night but nothing unbearable. But beware because it seals your pores to keep you from sweating...that's how it works. There are lymph nodes in your armpits and they can get clogged and form cysts. I didn't notice until in the shower one day and felt something like a golf ball way under the skin in my pit. Granted I had a blast popping the thing (I am disgusting like that lol but armpit zits/cysts can hold LOTS of stuff in them...insane amounts...sorry TMI) Could have been a coincidence but since I had been using the stuff all that week and because of the way it works I have concluded that's what caused it. Just FYI

on 5/15/2011 8:20:00 PM

This is an antiperspirant you apply at night and it controls pit sweat the next day. You can go for several days in between using it.

I sweat a lot during the summer. A LOT. And although I still have armpit sweat when I use this product it is nothing like when I don't use it.

The cons: It stings like hell when I put it on. I DEFINITELY do not use it on days where I shaved under my arms, because the stinging is almost unbearable.

Another con: since it is an antiperspirant, it doesn't control odor. SO, I have to apply a deodorant during the day to help with that problem.

All in all, Certain Dri is the best "clinical" strength product I have tried. ...Secret Clinical was more expensive and didn't touch my perspiration problem. I'll keep buying this and working with it.

on 5/15/2011 7:57:00 PM

I gave this a high rating and yet I wouldn't buy it again. It does what it claims to, oh yes - I don't sweat a drop with this. But I have sensitive armpits anyway, and this stuff is absolutely, intolerably itchy. This is extreme itchiness you can't ignore kind of itchiness. But enough of it managed to sink in before I itched my armpits into oblivion the several times I applied it - I kept hoping the itchiness would go away - and it did work, wonderfully. I don't sweat excessively, but I get odor easily. And when I didn't sweat? I got no odor.

I think this is worth a shot for everyone and is a great product. I can't use it, but if you can, you will love it. Especially if you do have trouble with excessive sweating, you must try this.

Edit: Tried the STICK version. MUCH more tolerable and same effectiveness! If you can't tolerate this, try that!

A must have for girls with extreme wetness and odor. I cannot live without this. Works better than any clinical deodorant. Just wish the bottle was bigger to hold more product.

on 4/16/2011 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

If only I had known about this earlier. I bought the certain dri roll on which retails around $7 in my area.

this really does help with underarm sweating. I normally can sweat through two shirts layered if i am anxious, under pressure, etc.

In those situations now my underarms just get a little moist, so it hasnīt completely made my underarms desert dry.

I was a little nervous about my underarms feeling itchy, or being too sensitive but that never happened. They never felt itchy dry and i never got any type of reaction to this product.

I use this at night and in the morning i put on a deodorant that i like the smell of!

on 4/4/2011 8:38:00 AM

This stuff is great! It's a little frustrating that you can't use it after shaving, because it means I pretty much have to use an other deodorant for all the times I want to step out of the shower and still be dry.
I sweat quite a bit and this definitely helps, although I don't think it really helps with odor the same way other deodorants traditionally do. But overall it does the job, and is reliable, and would buy it again.

on 2/22/2011 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I sweat a lot for a woman. I would have to consciously wear darker clothing to cover it up. I never had BO but the amount I was sweating was ridiculous! this stuff is awesome! I went around lifting my arms at work (showing my friend) lol

I use this at night and sometimes during the day (mostly if I didn't apply it in the AM), but you have to make sure you wait a while AFTER you shower. Also, I'm not sure, but I wonder if I got a bad batch (my third bottle was ineffective, I'm on number four now) so if this doesn't work for you the first time, try another bottle :)