E.L.F. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(Water), PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Polyacrylic Acid, PEG-8, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 10/25/2012 8:42:00 PM

Amazing. Dries quickly, perfect for setting your eyebrows, only a buck. Can't go wrong.

I love this! It keeps my eyebrows in place all day long and the mascara is great to hold a curl for an everyday look. The price is perfect at only a dollar. Totally will repurchase.

This is the only thing I ever use on my brows. My brows are already really full so I don't need anything to fill them in. But they tend to go all over the place if left untamed! So I use this. It keeps the hairs in place without making them feel crunchy. The spoolie is also perfect for getting into the brow hairs. I wish there just wasn't a side for mascara because I never use it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is the only product I use on my brows because I'm too lazy to fill them in! It keeps my brows from looking unruly and gives them a polished look ALL DAY! My skin is oily, yet this stays in place without flaking off. I have not used the lash side because I don't care for lash primer/gloss. My only complaint is like other reviewers, I wish it wasn't double-ended because the packaging is bulky and I do not use the other side. Once I run out of brow gel, I might flip over to the lash side so I don't waste product. Will gladly repurchase for $1 this is great stuff!

on 9/22/2012 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Good for brows, especially for the price. However, I tried it on my lower lashes and it made my makeup smudge like crazy. The shadow and mascara from my top lid wound up smeared underneath my eyes. Wouldn't suggest using it as a mascara.

on 9/9/2012 12:15:00 PM

I love this product and I'm a repeat purchaser. I have crazy eyebrows and I NEED this to tame them. :-p However, I don't ever use it as mascara, so I don't really like the dual brush. I'd rather just have one brush and one tube of gloss.

For the review(s) who have said that it got cloudy after a few uses, that's your makeup getting on the brush when you use it and then mixing with the gel. If you use it on a clean face, it won't ever get cloudy.

This formula works great on my brows -- It keeps them in control, and it's dirt cheap. My only complaint is the packaging. The tube is separated into two different compartments - one for mascara, and one for brows. Although the brushes are slightly different, I really don't think it's necessary, because the brushes take up most of the space in the tube, making it bulkier and giving you a lot less product.

on 9/2/2012 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I absolutely love this product as it does exactly what the name implies. It keeps my brows in place and I honestly can't fault it, plus for the price you really can't go wrong!

on 8/5/2012 8:33:00 AM

I LOVE this. I use it on my lashes, because I'm a fan of natural looks, and regular mascara is so messy and hard to take off. It makes my lashes a bit more defined, and it's a great precursor to curling. After sleeping with it on, it flakes on my lashes, but this is easily taken care of. I highly recommend for natural looks.

on 7/27/2012 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this all the time. I'm on my second tube of it. This is one of my favorite E.L.F. products. I usually set my brows after my foundation is on, so after awhile the brow gel turns a brown color (from my foundation) so I like that its two sided, so I can just switch to the clear new side when the other side is getting a bit nasty.
Unlike all the other drugstore clear brow gels, if it gets dirty there is NO second side. So I do like the way its packaged. I also think the packaging is quite good quality. I've never had it break on me or anything, and it closes very tightly - i wouldn't expect it to be so reliable with the price tag of $1 dollar! I use this to keep my brow hairs in shape, and overall make the appearance of my brows a bit more sharp, and cleaner.
One star off because the lasting power isn't great. I think if revlon made a clear brow setting gel in their "Colorstay" line that lasted 16-24 hours, and it wasn't more than $4 dollars, I would buy that over this.