L'Oreal Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3% , Zinc Oxide 5%. Talc, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Carnauba Wax, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisocetyl Citrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

on 7/3/2011 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just bought this a week ago, and here are my thoughts so far...
VERY nice. =]
A bit pricey for drugstore, but if you've been buying bare minerals, then it's definitely a deal because it is less than half the price.
A few things you need to know if you're going into this comparing it to bare minerals...
DO moisturize and prime. It isn't terribly forgiving on dryness. But this is easily avoided if you quickly prep your face. (Which is something you should do before every foundation application anyway.)
It isn't as fine as bare minerals, so it goes on heavier, faster.
It doesn't take as much product to cover your face. So you have to keep an eye on how heavy the coverage is capable of being. For some people (such as myself), this is a plus. I like medium-full coverage without using allllllll of my product. With bare minerals I used waaaay more than I wanted to in order to get the coverage that I wanted.
Ingredients wise...Yes, it's not as pure. But it's pretty decent for a DS MINERAL foundation, I have to say. I have pretty sensitive skin around my jaw area, and I haven't had any problems at all. Usually If a product is going to irritate my skin, I'll know right after the first application. I didn't get that feeling with this. So it doesn't irritate my skin.
Now onto color selection...this is where I take off a lippie. It could be better. luckily, I'm fair enough for their lightest shade to work for me, but if you're not sure and you can't swatch it, there might be some guess work that needs to be done. That can always be a hassle.

All in all, Great luminous 'mineral' finish, lasts a long time, covers well, and costs much less than department mineral makeup.
Just make sure you moisturize. ;p

on 6/13/2011 6:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE this! I won't use anything else. Yes, it's messy. Yes, I need to use a moisturizer because my skin is so dry that if I put this on directly, it will look even drier. Also, I agree that the brush could be better. To me, the brush is ok at first but this makeup lasts me months and after awhile the brush gets a little rough on my face. But it covers amazingly, doesn't make me break out, and is light and not cakey.

on 6/10/2011 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Love this. Its the only mineral makeup that doesn't look cakey or make me look old lol. The color stays true, and its comfortable to wear in the 90+ degree heat and humidity of the south. The only issue I have is the brush - it smells weird and it hurts on my face. I use another brush to apply it and no issues at all :) This is great if you're on a budget

on 6/9/2011 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was a bareMinerals girl for a very long time but when I ran out, I decided to give this a try after a friend's recommendation. It's nice if you use a separate brush to apply it, although the amount of fallout from the packaging is kind of ridiculous. Overall, the product itself is very comparable to bareMinerals, although I think that it the latter is better for your face. The trick is to use a light hand and build up. Also, spraying fix + after you apply your brush/bronzer gives the foundation a more natural, airbrushed look.

on 6/1/2011 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my everyday foundation. I've tried high-end powder foundations, but I come back to this one. It's available pretty much everywhere, it's not too expensive, and it has colors that work for me in summer and winter. I don't think it's too orangey, although after a long time -- and a container of this stuff does last forever, since a little goes a long way -- sometimes I think the color changes in the container. When that happens, I just toss it and get a new one, since it's pretty darn affordable. I have three in circulation right now -- one at my place, one at my boyfriend's and one in a travel bag since I move around a lot. It's nice that it's so affordable that I can justify buying multiples. The container does kinda suck, but over time I've learned to use it to save the product. I get enough in the sifter, swirl the brush around, and then tap the brush into the lid. Then, I can transfer the excess powder back into the sifter. Ta da! I'd say it's buildable coverage, although when you get toward a high-coverage application, it can look heavy. This product is definitely better for normal to oily skin, but I think most people with dry skin would have already figured that out. It's also great in the summer -- when skin gets a bit oily, the powder soaks it up for a dewy finish. Fun fact -- before they came out with a coordinating concealer, there was a video on the L'Oreal web site showing a makeup artist using this product. He remarked that because it has a lot of pigment, you can just switch to a concealer brush to get concealer-type coverage in places. It really does work, and I like it better than their powder concealers (which all seem too light to me), although now they'd have you buy a separate product, lol.

on 5/27/2011 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been looking for a good drugstore powder foundation and I believe I have found it! I got mine for 10 bucks at Walmart which is awesome. It makes my face look so smooth and even and it actually covered up a few blemishes which was a very nice surprise! It also hid my oily nose pretty well. Not all day, but for a good 3 hours or so which is a lot longer than other mineral powders I have tried. I would recommend this! They have lots of shades so you should be able to find one that fits your skin. I don't know why people are saying that it makes you look orange, maybe they are just getting way too dark for their skin. Mine made me look fresher and a little tanner but not in an orange way!

on 5/23/2011 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff. This has been the only powdered mineral foundation that I have been able to wear...and I have tried ALOT. It doesn't oxidize on my skin and it does not settle into my fine lines. I don't care for the brush that comes with it...I use a flat top kabuki instead and it gives me a flawless finish. I would say that the coverage is better than medium...i find that I don't need a concealer when I wear this...but it still manages to look and feel ligtweight. Amazing!

on 5/20/2011 3:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite drugstore brand foundation. I've been using for for quite some time now and I've never had any major issues.

I love the brush, it's soft and works wonderfully.

The powder itself provides a medium coverage and blends easily. It's long lasting (except for on my T-zone, but that's because it gets very oily) and doesn't cake, clump, or feel heavy. The color and shade is a good match for my skin and doesn't leave it looking sallow.

My only problem with it is that the powder is a huge pain to wipe off if you get it on fabric. Most powders I've bought if it dropped on your clothes you could brush it off, but with this unless you wash the area, brushing it off only makes it settle into the fabric easier.

on 5/16/2011 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have the same problem as other do with this foundation, it oxidizes on my skin and makes me appear orange. The coverage is light to medium which I like, but it doesn't last long. I have to wear a lab coat for work and it leaves marks on the neck area. I've had a customer ask once if it was iodine on my coat once but it was actually the make up... very embarrassing considering the color of iodine is deep orange....

I wanted to try a medium coverage foundation for my oily skin, but this sadly wasn't it.

on 4/27/2011 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Once again the drugstore companies are making pink-undertoned make-up. If this matched my skin, would flawlessly go on, and actually look like skin then I'd love it. It's hard to get a full covered face with this because it just is so patchy. Then add in the fact that the brush does nothing, it doesn't last all day, it cakes, and it looks like powder. Sheesh. I have nothing good to say. I don't like writing bad reviews because I do try to get the products to work with me but this just isn't worth the time & effort. I tried L'oreal. I truly did. I just can't make something work that's so blah. There are better powders out there.