April 17, 2014 | 883 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the regular great lash and decided to try the waterproof formula. Super black, but a tad bit too liquidy. Also once this dries, its a beyotch to get off!! It takes waterproof to a different level, really. I tried everything, oils included, and this stuff barely budged. Just not worth the hassle.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by falovalo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'll never understand the appeal and cult following of Great Lash. It barely makes a difference in my lashes and smudges all over the place. Ick!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by jadejiang

I don't understand why this mascara was voted as Best Mascara for so many years. There's nothing special about it. It's not bad, it's just I can find a much better mascara and I would be willing to pay more for it too. I would recommend Lash Blast by CoverGirl if you like waterproof mascaras. I think that's the best waterproof drugstore brand I've ever used. This for the price isn't too shabby.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by KHD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Naturally my lashes are blonde so it's blatantly obvious when mascara clumps or flakes off me, but I don't have this problem at all with Great Lash.
The wand delivers the right amount of product for a subtle look and you can reapply several coats with minimum drama to enhance volume, but not much can be done for creating length or curl.
It's a solid staple for anyones makeup bag- it's nothing too fancy but at under $10 you'll definitely get your moneys worth and it won't hurt as much as throwing away DiorShow after the allotted 3 months shelf-life.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by kristineybobeeny

I really do like this product. It can hold a curl pretty well and it doesn't volumize my lashes bu it does lenghthen them for me. It's pink packaging is really cute in my opinion. It's not hard to remove with makeup remover. The brush is small which I don't like very much but it does the job the way I want it to.

It's definitely not the best mascara but not the worst mascara out there. I will repurchase this if I'm broke and just need some mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by NaturalLook

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first mascara that I've used as a teenager. I have straight eyelashes that I curl before applying mascara. I bought the waterproof version of this mascara as it doesn't straighten out my curled eyelashes. The small brush makes it easy to apply mascara on my bottom lashes. I use "Very Black" color and must apply 3 coats to make my light black eyelashes look darker and a little bit longer. It doesn't build volume or add much length. The mascara flakes and clumps.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by niamhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really don't see what all the fuss is about.
The product only makes my already black lashes a little more black, but no thicker or longer, and the packaging is gaudy and cheap looking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I used the iconic pink tube (original formula) years ago, while in high school and it smudged like crazy on me. I have oily eyelids/face and I generally have to use waterproof mascaras to avoid raccoon eyes. I loved lancome, but it is extremely hard to remove without losing some lashes here and there. Anyway, this product not only stays put when applied, never clumps, doesn't smudge, can easily be removed AND is cheap! I tried "very black" and it is awsome. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by izawa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

pro: I used the non waterproof one a few years back and i loved it. After trying out a few "expensive" mascaras... I just came back to this one. This really gives volume and a natural look. Not much lengthening (if you're looking for length, try fiberwig)

con: Its REALLY hard to remove

overall, great mascara for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2009 3:40:00 PM More reviews by razorbladeshoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The thing I like about this mascara is the brush. It's small, so it's easy to get in to the inner corner and outer lashes without clumping. The formula is nothing special, however, just subtle length and definition. I've tried this in brownish black, which is nice for a natural look, but the black colors look more gray than a true black.

I've tried this a few times, but won't repurchase in the future. Right now I like Lash Discovery or Full 'n Soft better for the "natural" look.