October 24, 2014 | 957 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by hollysunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, I have been using Maybelline Great Lash Mascara for a really long time, but recently decided to try the waterproof version instead of the regular. I really was dissapointed. It didnt give my lashes the length and volume the regular mascara did. Plus it is SO incredibly difficult to remove (even with remover), which caused eyelashes to fall. :/ I will definetely just go back to the regular and not repurchase the waterproof again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I don't understand why everyone is giving this mascara such bad reviews as it is great value for money! I use it on days when I go to the gym straight after work (2x a week). One layer gives good volume for a normal working day, and a second layer makes my lashes ready for a night out (although I use a different mascara for that)! I'll admit that it is a bit dificult to get off,but it is REALLY waterproof, and that means that it does what is promises!! I have solved this by using an oil-based make-upremover, and letting it work for a minute or two (while brushing my teeth) before wiping it off.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by blotto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara serves one specific purpose in my makeup arsenal: to darken my lashes if I feel I really need to look sexy at the beach or pool. Well, okay it also works well on my lower lashes which tend to smudge easily. It does a good job of going on easily without clumps, but doesn't lengthen or thicken. It does tend to flake during the day, but overall it looks pretty and just enhances my eyes. Again, I only wear this for certain occasions, and have other mascaras I prefer far more. But if you're going on a cruise, maybe this is the one for you!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by mysticachai

Very average product. The only good thing about it is that the brush is relatively small, so I can get more lashes. It smudges on the bottom of my lids after a day. Since I have small lashes, I could use some extra length, which this doesn't do.
It's a simple product, but why would I buy this again if for $2 more I can get vavoom lashes (Maybelline XXL)?

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by daleysl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is awful. Clumped badly when applied, and made my eyes unbearably, horribly scratchy. It felt like I had tons of tiny fibers all thru my eyes. That may be true, because when I looked in the mirror a few hours later, I had alot of black fiber-looking things laying under my lower lashes. Very hard to remove too, I used an oily eyemakeup remover (Maybelline) and it did not work. I had to use Purpose facewash on a cloth and scrub my eyelids. I lost alot of eyelashes trying to get this crap off.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by JuicyGlam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried this product a few years ago and thought it was good but when I purchased it again last week, it will be the last time I buy it. It gives my lashes length, but no volume whatsoever. The brush is so small and skinny, it doesn't do alot for my lashes. The formula is not thick so it doesn't create any clumps but again, no volume. After an hour, it smudges like crazy. I look like a raccoon after wearing this. It's also hard to wash off. I use the Almay oil free wipes and it's a pain to remove.

For those that think this is good because it holds a curl, any waterproof mascara will hold a curl. People need to stop rating waterproof mascaras on their ability to hold a curl!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 9:25:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the regular great lash and decided to try the waterproof formula. Super black, but a tad bit too liquidy. Also once this dries, its a beyotch to get off!! It takes waterproof to a different level, really. I tried everything, oils included, and this stuff barely budged. Just not worth the hassle.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by falovalo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'll never understand the appeal and cult following of Great Lash. It barely makes a difference in my lashes and smudges all over the place. Ick!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by jadejiang

I don't understand why this mascara was voted as Best Mascara for so many years. There's nothing special about it. It's not bad, it's just I can find a much better mascara and I would be willing to pay more for it too. I would recommend Lash Blast by CoverGirl if you like waterproof mascaras. I think that's the best waterproof drugstore brand I've ever used. This for the price isn't too shabby.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by KHD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Naturally my lashes are blonde so it's blatantly obvious when mascara clumps or flakes off me, but I don't have this problem at all with Great Lash.
The wand delivers the right amount of product for a subtle look and you can reapply several coats with minimum drama to enhance volume, but not much can be done for creating length or curl.
It's a solid staple for anyones makeup bag- it's nothing too fancy but at under $10 you'll definitely get your moneys worth and it won't hurt as much as throwing away DiorShow after the allotted 3 months shelf-life.