Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/11/2010 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was hoping it would be a less expensive travel alternative to my regular mascara. What a mistake. This is the worst mascara I have ever tried both in the regular formula and waterproof. I can deal with the clumping and the fact that it makes my lashes stick together - those problems can be fixed. The problem I can't fix is the flaking. This stuff flakes a lot even with only a light application at the outer edge of my upper lashes.

on 5/30/2010 8:00:00 PM

Same disappointment as the original formula. Don't waste your money on this product!

on 5/30/2010 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

There's nothing special about this mascara. I wouldn't buy it again.

I have never liked this mascara, as I have pretty long lashes and need something more substantial for a mascara. The only person I know who loved it was my mother-in-law, who had next-to-nothing lashes that were as fine as cat hair. This was the only mascara she could use, mostly due to the tiny brush and the thinness to the product. I prefer Lancome Definicils mascara, which I use after the Cils Booster. All mascaras look better over a lash conditioner, and the best ones are Lancome's and Estee Lauder's. It's like putting foundation over moisturizer. Works great every time.

on 5/17/2010 7:24:00 PM

Hate it! i like my lashes to have some volume! this was the thinest mascara i have ever tryed! it seemed like i had to apply like ten coats just to make it visible! it wasnt even that waterproof! it didnt hold my curl, oh and it wasnt that black.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This mascara is not that great for my lashes. It does nothing to separate them, if anything it seems like its sticking them together with its bristles. I like the fact that the small wand was able to coat my inner lashes easily however. The formula does not hold a curl at all and barely looks like my lashes are thicker.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't understand all the hatred for this mascara. I don't think it's *that* bad. Sure, it isn't fabulous, and I wouldn't wear it if I were going for a dramatic look. But as far as everyday, natural, daytime looks go it's actually pretty good. I'm wearing it right now, and after twelve hours I see no smudges. Also, this is the only brown mascara I've been able to find in a waterproof formula. Every other drugstore brand has "brownish black" in waterproof, but not brown, which I like to use for natural looks.

on 4/3/2010 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara is really waterproof. After cycling in the rain it's still on. I don't really like it. It smears and clumps. It works good on my lower lashes, but my upperlashes don't get the separation I want. They also don't curl enough. I like this one better than the non waterproof version.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Okay, I have been using Maybelline Great Lash Mascara for a really long time, but recently decided to try the waterproof version instead of the regular. I really was dissapointed. It didnt give my lashes the length and volume the regular mascara did. Plus it is SO incredibly difficult to remove (even with remover), which caused eyelashes to fall. :/ I will definetely just go back to the regular and not repurchase the waterproof again.

on 2/11/2010 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I don't understand why everyone is giving this mascara such bad reviews as it is great value for money! I use it on days when I go to the gym straight after work (2x a week). One layer gives good volume for a normal working day, and a second layer makes my lashes ready for a night out (although I use a different mascara for that)! I'll admit that it is a bit dificult to get off,but it is REALLY waterproof, and that means that it does what is promises!! I have solved this by using an oil-based make-upremover, and letting it work for a minute or two (while brushing my teeth) before wiping it off.

Popular Mascaras