GOSH Velvet Touch Eyeliner

4.5

on 8/22/2009 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this eyeliner, especially the wide range of colours that are available. GOSH is a great brand for having lots of colour options. This eyeliner is very soft and easy to apply, however it is not exactly waterproof/smudgeproof. I used to have the dark brown shade and it would smudge under my eyes, so I don't use that colour anymore. I only use the lighter shades now, because it won't matter as much if they smudge a little. My favourite GOSH eyeliner is Extreme Art, which is VERY waterproof! (no smudging with that one!), but the Velvet Touch ones are good if you prefer a pencil instead of a liquid. Overall, it is not "waterproof" but is still better than most pencil eyeliners out there.

I love these. I had quit using pencils for a long time (I used to be a religious user of Lancome pencils which always smudged), and decided to try these after reading about them somewhere (prob. here). They go on so smoothly; they are really creamy and easy to apply. I have no problem with them smudging. I think they are every bit as good as the MAC kohl, (which I also have), for way less money. I have Black Ink, Metallic Brass (my absolute favourite), Funky Violet, Golden Moss, and Hypnotic Grey. The Funky Violet is very violet and you have to be careful with applying it or it may make you look a little ill. I have to note that I do use UD Primer under these. I did use them this summer in the heat of Italy without the primer, and they held up really well - no smudging, but did fade. Will buy again and again. UPDATE: Can't even rave about these enough! I LOVE THEM!!!!! Bought Petrol recently, and it is the only one I don't love - it goes on a tiny bit clumpy, but is still great. These never smudge!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i bought one out of curiosity - i'm more of a MAC/bobbi brown/MUFE and NARS kind of gal - and the whole brand image kind of felt like a rip-off of these.

i was soooo pleasantly surprised!

these pencils glide on, and stay put. the EOTD that i added to the product pictures is done in pretty petrol (shimmery blue-gray) and green grass (straight-up green) set with some MAC e/s in matching colors (moon's reflection, warm chill). the picture was taken AFTER 2 hours of sweaty dancing.

i used to HATE pencil liners, because they just wouldn't stay - i still like gel/liquid, as it's more precise, but i can safely say that i love these to apply on the go. i own four colors: pretty petrol, green grass, metallic brass (similar to MAC blitz n glitz but in a pencil form) and purple stain (bright bluish violet). wide range of colors, price is ok (a bit expensive for a drugstore product, but hey, it works).

only thing i don't like is that when i first bought the pencil in pretty petrol, the liner was not smooth going on. it was because the tip had dried out a little bit while it was on display. but it turned out to be ok when i sharpened it, and then it had the same smooth consistency as the others. will buy again and again.

on 8/15/2009 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm using this eyeliner in black inc from GOSH already for years and years. Maybe that's the reason why I forgot to review this... I can compare to all the big ones: Dior, Sisley, HR, EL, YSL,... Color setts better then Lancome, i think. Nothing beats this. Weird to read that on some of you it doesn't stay put on the water line. I always use it on the water line and it never fails... nor creases, smudges,... Cannot imagine I will try ever sompthing else. Dirt cheap too. A winner!

on 8/5/2009 4:39:00 PM

I use this product daily and it last all day. BRAS2245 it says one the website: Warning: May not be used on the moist edge inside the lower lashes. http://www.goshamericas.com/eye.asp That is why you are having problems with it. It lasts all day.

on 7/27/2009 4:23:00 PM

I don't really like this product. I'm surprised, because I love everything else I have from GOSH. I got this in 'Metallic Brass' because I wanted something less harsh than black for my waterline, but this doesn't last 2 seconds. It's ok for lining the top lid, similar in texture to UD 24/7 or Prestige Total Intensity, but almost too soft and smudgy. It's a shame because there's an amazing color selection, but I can't see myself repurchasing.

on 6/29/2009 7:41:00 PM

My favourite eyeliner :)
It glides on smoothly, not tugging atall on your skin. It is waterproof and long lasting.
Overall a great eyeliner, highly reccomended.

on 6/26/2009 7:32:00 PM

This product is so awesome. I've one in the famous color Bananas, and trust me, it's well worth the money. It comes in many colors, and the color range is unbelievable. There's most definitely a color for everyone. There's 1,2g or 0.04 oz in this pencil. It says it's waterproof, and it doesn't disappoint. I had it underneath me lover lashes yesterday, and I went swimming in the ocean with my friends, and when I got back, it was still on! I'm so impressed! I'll definitely go to my Gosh counter to get more. Perfect for the summer.

on 6/22/2009 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this at 20% off at SDM because my well loved Lancome Khol disappeared.

I am used to a harder non WP pencil and this definitely isn't the easiest eyeliner to apply (Lancome is star for that). I find it bunches up in my lower lash line and clumps in the lashes, however, it is al all star liner for the top lashline and super black, with primer it lasts all day.

It definitely smudges on the outer lower lash line and the results were less than impresseive (however, I have yet to find an el that doesn't do that)

The pencil is a very soft and smudgy consistency requiring it to be sharpened most days. I have had this for a month or 2 and it is already half the size it was while a full sized Lancome Khol will take about 3 years to go through using it ever day (amazing!)

My overall take is this pencil is fine for upper line but not effective at all for the lower. Rebought Lancome khol and fell back in love :)

So I only use this pencil for the upperline and for that I am happy, but really nothing I have experienced is any match for Lancome Khol's, and I really find anything that is WP to be quite gummy and of a difficult texture.

on 6/22/2009 1:26:00 PM

Purchased this in Black Ink, a matte black shade with no shimmer. This glides on smoothly, has good pigmentation and lasts all day. It does not smudge and lives up to being waterproof. I got this as a replacement for my urban decay 24/7 liner in zero, and although I prefer urban decayís (slightly more depth to the black), this certainly gives zero a run for its money. It does surpass MACís liner pencil though and is very good value for money. Would still purchase again though, as its such a close call and less than half the price of urban decay!

Also purchased recently in Metallic Brass. This looks black on first inspection, but is a shimmery (really hard to describe- almost like petrol- the grey, not the blue) sheen to it that picks up all the colours around it. Although it is not noticeable on the eye, it gives the colour a little something more than just being black (which its not). The texture is also smooth, glides on, is waterproof and lasts all day. Definitely worth checking out, if not purchasing! =)

Top Rated GOSH Products