July 29, 2014 | 1933 users online

Eyeliner - GOSH - Velvet Touch Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 9:10:00 AM More reviews by monchichi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm using this eyeliner in black inc from GOSH already for years and years. Maybe that's the reason why I forgot to review this... I can compare to all the big ones: Dior, Sisley, HR, EL, YSL,... Color setts better then Lancome, i think. Nothing beats this. Weird to read that on some of you it doesn't stay put on the water line. I always use it on the water line and it never fails... nor creases, smudges,... Cannot imagine I will try ever sompthing else. Dirt cheap too. A winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by btangel

I use this product daily and it last all day. BRAS2245 it says one the website: Warning: May not be used on the moist edge inside the lower lashes. http://www.goshamericas.com/eye.asp That is why you are having problems with it. It lasts all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by bras2245

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't really like this product. I'm surprised, because I love everything else I have from GOSH. I got this in 'Metallic Brass' because I wanted something less harsh than black for my waterline, but this doesn't last 2 seconds. It's ok for lining the top lid, similar in texture to UD 24/7 or Prestige Total Intensity, but almost too soft and smudgy. It's a shame because there's an amazing color selection, but I can't see myself repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Melanieexx

My favourite eyeliner :)
It glides on smoothly, not tugging atall on your skin. It is waterproof and long lasting.
Overall a great eyeliner, highly reccomended.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Totto

This product is so awesome. I've one in the famous color Bananas, and trust me, it's well worth the money. It comes in many colors, and the color range is unbelievable. There's most definitely a color for everyone. There's 1,2g or 0.04 oz in this pencil. It says it's waterproof, and it doesn't disappoint. I had it underneath me lover lashes yesterday, and I went swimming in the ocean with my friends, and when I got back, it was still on! I'm so impressed! I'll definitely go to my Gosh counter to get more. Perfect for the summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by katcomer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this at 20% off at SDM because my well loved Lancome Khol disappeared.

I am used to a harder non WP pencil and this definitely isn't the easiest eyeliner to apply (Lancome is star for that). I find it bunches up in my lower lash line and clumps in the lashes, however, it is al all star liner for the top lashline and super black, with primer it lasts all day.

It definitely smudges on the outer lower lash line and the results were less than impresseive (however, I have yet to find an el that doesn't do that)

The pencil is a very soft and smudgy consistency requiring it to be sharpened most days. I have had this for a month or 2 and it is already half the size it was while a full sized Lancome Khol will take about 3 years to go through using it ever day (amazing!)

My overall take is this pencil is fine for upper line but not effective at all for the lower. Rebought Lancome khol and fell back in love :)

So I only use this pencil for the upperline and for that I am happy, but really nothing I have experienced is any match for Lancome Khol's, and I really find anything that is WP to be quite gummy and of a difficult texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by 0037sammie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Purchased this in Black Ink, a matte black shade with no shimmer. This glides on smoothly, has good pigmentation and lasts all day. It does not smudge and lives up to being waterproof. I got this as a replacement for my urban decay 24/7 liner in zero, and although I prefer urban decayís (slightly more depth to the black), this certainly gives zero a run for its money. It does surpass MACís liner pencil though and is very good value for money. Would still purchase again though, as its such a close call and less than half the price of urban decay!

Also purchased recently in Metallic Brass. This looks black on first inspection, but is a shimmery (really hard to describe- almost like petrol- the grey, not the blue) sheen to it that picks up all the colours around it. Although it is not noticeable on the eye, it gives the colour a little something more than just being black (which its not). The texture is also smooth, glides on, is waterproof and lasts all day. Definitely worth checking out, if not purchasing! =)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by yiqi8910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this when it was on sale at shopper's drug mart.there are many color selection. i tried each of them on my hand, they are beautiful! i have very oily eye lids. i tried many eyeliners before, they all smudged after a few blinks! this eyeliner is very nice, it actually stayed on my lids for a long time! however, i found it's a hard to draw a smooth line with it, i have to fill the line after i drew one, every time!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by gelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have a bunch of colours but this is a review for the black ink. I had really high hopes for this liner, hoping it was very black and would stay on my waterline but it doesn't and that is what is most disappointing. I tightline on the top and bottom lashes and it disappears after a while. These are great liners though and if you don't tightline they are smudge-proof and come in great colours.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by muffinphonic

I feel bad giving this an average review because i like GOSH - I got this in Black Ink and unfortunately, it wasn't as creamy as some suggested (maybe because the UK has cooler climes) and it was not waterproof or smudgeproof for me like it was for a lot of people.

I must have oily eyelids or something, but as with a lot of eyeliners that claim to be waterproof, it smudged within 2 hours. What i do is brush a tiny bit of black powder eyeshadow over the top and it must set it as it performed a bit better after i did this, but still not great.