April 19, 2014 | 859 users online

Eyeliner - GOSH - Velvet Touch Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Totto

This product is so awesome. I've one in the famous color Bananas, and trust me, it's well worth the money. It comes in many colors, and the color range is unbelievable. There's most definitely a color for everyone. There's 1,2g or 0.04 oz in this pencil. It says it's waterproof, and it doesn't disappoint. I had it underneath me lover lashes yesterday, and I went swimming in the ocean with my friends, and when I got back, it was still on! I'm so impressed! I'll definitely go to my Gosh counter to get more. Perfect for the summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by katcomer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this at 20% off at SDM because my well loved Lancome Khol disappeared.

I am used to a harder non WP pencil and this definitely isn't the easiest eyeliner to apply (Lancome is star for that). I find it bunches up in my lower lash line and clumps in the lashes, however, it is al all star liner for the top lashline and super black, with primer it lasts all day.

It definitely smudges on the outer lower lash line and the results were less than impresseive (however, I have yet to find an el that doesn't do that)

The pencil is a very soft and smudgy consistency requiring it to be sharpened most days. I have had this for a month or 2 and it is already half the size it was while a full sized Lancome Khol will take about 3 years to go through using it ever day (amazing!)

My overall take is this pencil is fine for upper line but not effective at all for the lower. Rebought Lancome khol and fell back in love :)

So I only use this pencil for the upperline and for that I am happy, but really nothing I have experienced is any match for Lancome Khol's, and I really find anything that is WP to be quite gummy and of a difficult texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by 0037sammie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Purchased this in Black Ink, a matte black shade with no shimmer. This glides on smoothly, has good pigmentation and lasts all day. It does not smudge and lives up to being waterproof. I got this as a replacement for my urban decay 24/7 liner in zero, and although I prefer urban decayís (slightly more depth to the black), this certainly gives zero a run for its money. It does surpass MACís liner pencil though and is very good value for money. Would still purchase again though, as its such a close call and less than half the price of urban decay!

Also purchased recently in Metallic Brass. This looks black on first inspection, but is a shimmery (really hard to describe- almost like petrol- the grey, not the blue) sheen to it that picks up all the colours around it. Although it is not noticeable on the eye, it gives the colour a little something more than just being black (which its not). The texture is also smooth, glides on, is waterproof and lasts all day. Definitely worth checking out, if not purchasing! =)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by yiqi8910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this when it was on sale at shopper's drug mart.there are many color selection. i tried each of them on my hand, they are beautiful! i have very oily eye lids. i tried many eyeliners before, they all smudged after a few blinks! this eyeliner is very nice, it actually stayed on my lids for a long time! however, i found it's a hard to draw a smooth line with it, i have to fill the line after i drew one, every time!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by gelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have a bunch of colours but this is a review for the black ink. I had really high hopes for this liner, hoping it was very black and would stay on my waterline but it doesn't and that is what is most disappointing. I tightline on the top and bottom lashes and it disappears after a while. These are great liners though and if you don't tightline they are smudge-proof and come in great colours.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by muffinphonic

I feel bad giving this an average review because i like GOSH - I got this in Black Ink and unfortunately, it wasn't as creamy as some suggested (maybe because the UK has cooler climes) and it was not waterproof or smudgeproof for me like it was for a lot of people.

I must have oily eyelids or something, but as with a lot of eyeliners that claim to be waterproof, it smudged within 2 hours. What i do is brush a tiny bit of black powder eyeshadow over the top and it must set it as it performed a bit better after i did this, but still not great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by mruthy

LOVE this product!
Before I discovered GOSH, I used Urban Decay 24/7 and Make Up For Ever waterproof eyeliners. I cannot say that those are any better than GOSH. Perhaps GOSH is slightly even better, and half the price!

I have only used the black one, but I am looking forward to discovering what other colours it offers this summer.

Very creamy consistency and does last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by honeyjr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been going nuts over the Velvet Touch liners lately. I have several and love Golden Moss, Metallic Brass and Hypnotic Grey. I also got an automatic liner called Grey Mink that is the perfect taupey grey. Just wish they had the same colour in the Velvet Touch since it's softer in pencil form.
To me it's as good as the MUFE Aqua Eyes waterproof eyeliners but cheaper. GOSH has a wide range of colours.

I can't wait to buy more and test the other products in the line.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by sarahxromance

Again and again i find myself reaching for these babies over all my other pencils. They are fantastic! I didn't expect them to last long, thought they'd smudge and wear off, but i was pleasently surprised when they didn't! The black is the one i always go back for! Smooth, long lasting, and great price! What more can i want?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by doctordonna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

GOSH is a gem that we Canadians are VERY lucky to have access to! The line in general is comparable to MAC in terms of product, price, and options; however it is in fact considered "high end drugstore" in the UK where it originated. It is available in Canada at Shoppers Drug Mart, where it goes on sale often.

The Velvet Touch eyeliners are comparable to Urban Decay 24/7s, and with over 20 different colors to choose from, there are MANY more options. I find popping them in the freezer for a few minutes makes them easier to use as they do get quite soft like the 24/7s and MAC Pearlglides.

They are waterproof, and completely budgeproof. Unlike 24/7, they stay on the waterline and do not "migrate" to the corner of the eyes. Some colors do have shimmer so I'm unsure if they are safe for the waterline -- use your best judgment, obviously!

My favorite colors are Purple Stain, and Metallic Brass, which is a dupe of MAC Buried Treasure. They are gorgeous, wear well, wear LONG, and the price is awesome if you can get them during a sale!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No