November 27, 2014 | 1397 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

Now, first off. I hate foundation, a lot. Liquid foundation I mean. But for certain times, I am required to wear it. This is an extremely full coverage foundation. My colour is NC37. Usually if I can get away with doing my own makeup, I do. I bought this for photoshoots because I wanted something full coverage and matte. This is what was recommended and for photoshoots it's great. Matches my skin tone perfectly and I use it with a stippling brush and studio fix concealer.
Use a very small amount and then spot treat areas that need more attention because this will cake up. It is extremely thick.
I hate the packaging, I have a hard time getting a good amount out of the bottle and tend to get too much out. It also smells of paint which is nasty. But the finish is matte and it looks great in photos... So for special occasions I use this, however way too thick for everyday usage.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by SophieOToole

I purchased this foundation due to recommendations that it would be great for my combination to oily skin. It is a little pricey but what do you expect from Mac. The packaging isn't the greatest as it doesn't come with a pump (I purchased a pump which cost an extra £5). I was really pleased with first impressions. It applied to the skin seamlessly and blended really well and left a flawless finish. My colour match was perfect - NC15. Throughout the day I found it made my skin quite oily so I had to keep powdering which made it very cakey. I'd suggest that it's good for short term wear but for a full day, definitely not. After a few days, I found it caused my skin to also break out. I haven't used it since and feel like it was a waste of money. I probably won't repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by debpeters

I used to love this stuff. Then I tried the maybelline superstay 24 hour makeup. They're definitely similar, but the maybelline has better coverage and lasting power, and is easier to blend for sure. The mac claims to mattify but honestly it just used to slip on my oily areas. I'd definitely recommend trying the maybelline foundation if you're looking for a cheaper dupe and something matte, full coverage and long lasting. I honestly don't see the hype behind mac foundations besides face and body anymore. For the price you can get MUCH better foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Bijanx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I loved this product. I switched from Studio Tech(more of a creamy pressed foundation) back to a liquid again (I'm so dry I feel like I NEED a liquid foundation). I feel like MAC really truly doesn't have a full coverage foundation. After asking the MAC employees what else they liked besides Studio Tech they recommended this for me... It's nice and all, but medium coverage. If you are really looking for a FULL coverage foundation this wouldn't be it. It works pretty nice for someone with DRY skin like mine meaning it doesn't seperate in patches or flake off or anything like that. I mean I used this foundation when I really neglected my skin, without cleansing, toning, or moisturizing and it still looked good on. It also stays on pretty good throughout the day. The only real complaint I'd have is that it isn't enough coverage for me. It's nothing special, just looks like a normal foundation that won't give you that flawless finish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok so you smell like twink or nail polish remover and you don't have a pump which is a pain considering how messy you get. But you're not all bad and I actually quite like you.

NC15 is yellow based and a good match for my NC15 skin :) funny that. I like you best applied with a damp beauty blender or RT sponge as you tend to get a bit carried away on me with a brush and look like more coverage than I really want. With the Blender I get a lighter/medium coverage with skin still showing. You really only cope and stay nice looking on me anyway with a minimal layer of loose and or finishing powder applied carefully with a light and small brush - otherwise I find you get a bit cakey looking if powder is flung at you too liberally.

Oh and you do last all day and my skin has never broken out from using you - but as there are so many foundations out there to try I'm unsure if I'm going to repurchase you when you are all gone.......

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Mhoelzer2988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's not that this foundation is bad but after using kat von d I would prefer it over mac.
I guess you could say mac is over hyped. I've heard about it for a long time and always wanted to try it but didn't want to spend the money so finally I decided to get a sample the other day but first the lady working at Dillard's in the makeup department put it on one side of my face and kat Von d was on the other side of my face and I liked the way kat Von d covered better. She did tell me it was build able and I haven't true building it yet because I was trying to make my sample last but with one layer it gives me a natural look but doesn't cover all my blemishes the first time like kat Von d does. I don't have acne really just a few scars from having acne when I was younger. If I had never tried the kat Von d I would probably say the mac was worth buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by casadelmartin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the coverage, the creaminess, the match to my skin tone (NW20).

It blends well and I like how a little can go a long way, yet you can also control so that you don't have the 'too much make up look."

I really like the pump and the jar it comes in is solid and easy to carry in my daily make up bag.

BUT... it stinks to high heavens; I wondered what was smelling like gas or oil and I finally realized, it was me! UGH! So bummed about this because it really is gross. Why can't MAC fix this already?

I will continue to use it and mix with my Giorgio Armani. Just another spray of perfume and some setting spray and I'm off.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by laylajeanMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I totally agree with the review below mine. This foundation sucks. Do yourself a favor and listen to the majority- this product is chuck full of horrible ingredients for the skin, one being algae extract, which will indeed aggravate acne prone skin. It smells like paint, looks like paint, and feels like paint. The disgusting chemical smell lasts at least an hour on me and makes me feel sick.

My skin type is combination, but leaning towards the dry side more. I heard this was a semi matte foundation so I was excited when the NW10 shade came out and I could finally get this. I seriously struggle with finding foundations pale enough for me, so I ignored all the negative reviews and hastily purchased this. At 27 bucks this is a good price point for a high end foundation.

Now, I assumed that people just complained about this breaking them out because they did not wash it off properly. I thought to myself "I won't break out from this because I double cleanse to remove my makeup and never have any issues with full coverage foundations breaking me out"....boy was I wrong. The first day I wore this, in winter time, it started melting on my face within the first hour, which is odd for me because I'm more on the drier side of the spectrum. Had it on for barely three hours and had to cut classes early to rush home and wash this off my face, because it was making my face feel so itchy, oily, and irritated. I washed it off and had 5 new whiteheads on my cheek...within three hours of having it on, my skin was freaking out!

I stupidly wore it a few more times because I wanted to give it a chance befor chucking it, and low and behold, severely broke out again. other than really bad ingredients, I think that this "mattifying" foundation makes a lot of people oily because it is so drying that your skin will compensate by creating more oils...it's just not good at all. Also highlights any zits I have and my large pores.

If you have good, normal skin this might work for you but still, I wouldn't even risk it. There are so many better foundations on the market today that will be gentler on the skin. Don't ruin your beautiful skin with this crap. I don't understand why this is still so popular, it's so outdated, cakey, and mask like. I'd rather spend the extra 15 bucks on lancome or dior.

I wish mac would open there eyes and stop using cheap harmful ingredients in their base products...I do love their blushes and eye products but none of their foundations have ever worked for me, and I know a lot of people feel the same.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by jyosha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to love MAC and now think they are losing their way a little- I have to admit, I felt 'pressurized' into buying this foundation which I absolutely detest now, within 5 days! In any case- here is what I found with the product:
1: it is so matte- if you are over 30, don't buy it- it will make you look 60!
2: it is very heavy. So this is not for the working woman- you will feel like something has been painted on. Plus, because it is heavy, it can't be healthy for aging skin at all- I can actually feel my face painted on (and I don't use too much make up because I work in a conservative office in the city)
3: it feels cloggy: since it it so heavy, my skin feels a bit 'chocked' (do you know what I mean? I think girls with oily/ combination skin do!)
4: it looks like 'makeup': so girls at work have actually asked me 'why I'm dressing up and trying so hard' (so embarrassing! :( )
Funny thing is, since I am combination skin, I was told this was give a matte look- but whilst it might be matte- it is heavy, bad for oily areas and is aging me.
Look I get it now- I think this is for parties, not everyday wear, and certainly not appropriate for work-day-running-around-life.
Help! If someone knows of a foundation that can make my skin look fresh and 'young' -please let me know. Thank you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by bunniluv88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite liquid foundation.It is oil free and lasts all day.I apply this foundation with a foundation brush,and it gives me a flawless finish.My shade is NW20.

I highly recommend it,and would buy it again.