November 23, 2014 | 2033 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 8:01:00 AM More reviews by shirlz_is

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my favourite eyeliner.

I donít have a steady hand so liquid eyeliner is automatically ruled out. I also find that pencil liners tug on my skin and I can never get an even and thin line, so I avoid that too. That pretty much leaves me with only the gel liner option, and this, out of MAC and Shu Uemura Iíve also tried, is my favourite.

I use the MAC 266 brush with this, and a little goes a long way. One tiny jar lasts months and months, so the price equals out to pretty much next to nothing per day.

It glides on smoothly and doesnít take too long to dry (but long enough if you want to smudge it) so you donít risk it transferring onto your eyelids or anything before youíve finished applying. It lasts all day and is pretty much waterproof, only comes off when you want it to.

I do, however, have atrociously greasy eyelids, so I canít wear ANY eyeliner without it transferring onto my lids after a few hours. But I have since discovered Too Facedís Shadow Insurance so itís no longer a problem for me.

I usually alternate between this and Espresso Ink. I also have this in Granite Ink but I havenít tried it yet!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

I like this because it stays on really well and is easy to apply (as long as you have a fresh pot, and a great brush). I don't like this because the product goes bad and dries up very quickly. Users say to try to dig yourself a little hole to keep it from drying out (as opposed to taking off the top layer first). For this reason I'd say the packaging is bad since it seems to invite expiration. The Black shade is not my favorite - I do like it for cool eye looks, but my great love is the Espresso shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 7:57:00 AM More reviews by MyFavoriteColorIsShiny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really love this eyeliner! I have always been a liquid eyeliner person but with this stuff, I would never go back. For me it is the best liner - easy to use, no fading, no smudging and the best thing: the pot goes a long long way. Although I use it everyday about 50 % of the product is still left - AND it didn't dry at all! (I purchased it in October 2009) Will def buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 7:21:00 AM More reviews by ccatwomann

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Con - dries easily in the container though shut tight

Pros - when I first opened the product, it was very easy to apply (used an angled brush) and stays on till I remove it at night. Would have been my HG if it didn't dry so fast in the container.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best gel liner ever! I've used Mack and Smashbox in the past, but found I needed to use Benefit's She Lac to prevent fading and smudging. With BB gel liner, I don't need the She Lac. It goes on smooth and very black -- soft texture, and doesn't dry out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by natsumik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This eye liner itself is pretty amazing; intense colour and withstands any tear, sweat and humidity. But it's so hard to use especially if you don't have a decent brush to apply it with. Plus I noticed this started to dry out and the consistency became harder and harder. After about 2-3 months, it was so thick and un-blendable that I had to stop using.
Considering the price I paid for this, I don't think it's worth it. Cheaper DG brands do just as well (if not better) as this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by MandyDee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This eye liner is jet black. I love what a dramatic impact it makes on my eyes. Better still it's easy to apply. I don't have a steady hand for liquid liner and I find that pencil eyeliner smudges pretty quickly. I found that this eye liner was easy for me to apply and made my eyes pop. I used to use Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner in True Black which isn't too bad and a little cheaper, but I find this BB Gel Eyeliner is a better quality formula, is easier to work with and doesn't smudge. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

after a love-hate relationship with this product, i have finally come to love it a whole lot. i found it hard to use at first because i was a bit rubbish at the application. you can't layer this liner over itself once it's dry like MAC's fluidline. you can add blackness to the line but you can't re-shape it if that makes sense. anyway, after a tiny con - this liner is amazing. it is PITCH black (blacker than MAC) and is just beautiful. application is very very smooth, and mine is over a year old and is holding up well. if you think of a matte liquid liner that looks a hundred times smoother and stays on incredibly well. MAC's fluidline is lovely too, and is a bit more spreadable during application, but it is not as black and is not as long-lasting on the waterline. MAC's colour allows you to put a lot more on and blend it in with your whole eye make-up, whereas BB is more of a basic black liner. this is more of an 'inky' black as the name rightly suggests. i use this with the BB 'ultra fine' brush, which i love, and has lasted me well. i wash it after every use, and whilst using it, i cover it in liner and flatten both sides out on the edge of the liner jar to get rid of excess and get the brush into a stiff shape. i have also found that the blackness of this liner is intensified with Too faced shadow insurance, but that is a whole different kettle of reviews.
packaging: BEWARE of the lid loosening on its own in your make-up bag. screw it on tightly before chucking it back into its hiding place. i'm also unsure whether or not i like the frosted glass on my jar.
bottom 'line', incredible liner!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Compared to MAC fluidline. It's creamier and easier to work with.
I like the consistency of bobbi brown's line of gel liners.
I wish the black was more intense though. for a better color payoff, I usually have to go over twice. Also although it dries pretty well, it fades and the black isn't so vibrant on me by midday.
It also smudges and looks really messy by the end of the day.
I guess this just isnt for me. Too bad because everyone else seems to love this liner!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by SurahBarbie

I adore this,the very first gel eyeliner i ever bought and its fantastic really dark,really dramatic. I always get compliments all the time about how dark it is and people askin where i got it!