November 28, 2014 | 1074 users online

Loose Powders - L'Oreal - Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2006 12:50:00 PM More reviews by elli888

The powder is too white for my face. Bought it becos that time i was 'in the mood of buying loose powder' and the pharmacy that i was in happen to have this powder. Not worth my money. Want to sell it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2006 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Blueness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Holy frikkin sheet!!! I LOVE this powder- more than BE Mineral Veil and more than the unbelievably finely milled NYC loose powder. I have a problem with slight creasing around my mouth when I smile too much by the end of the day, but no problem with this at all. It isnt sparkly or shiny, but gives you a very natural mattified sheen- completely different from any powder I have ever tried. The first ingredient is nylon and I imagine thats the magic ingredient giving it the ability to move with your facial expressions but not into lines or off of your face. I have had it on for 5 hours so far and have been out in the humidity and it hasnt migrated into the creases by my nose or into smile lines- I could really do without the fragrance but it doesnt seem to be irritating my super sensitive eyes or make me sneeze, so its definitely worth suffering the weird scent for the half hour before it subsides. I just cant rave enough about this powder!!! I purchased it in Translucent since any powder with color in it makes my undereye concealer turn orange, and while it looks alarmingly whitish/pale at first dust, after blending it in with a dense kabuki brush it just looks great- even in sunlight it looks fabulous!! Its not going to fool anyone into thinking you have perfect skin- what this does for me is make me appear to have a flawless complexion that I chose to enhance with makeup. I love this powder and it is absolutely worth the $10 price tag. I purchased it from drugstore.com and recieved it 2 days later. How did I live 30 years without it???? For reference, I am half Asian/half German, pale with yellow undertones, freckles and medium pores, with oily T-zone and have *always* had problems with needing to touch up oily shine after a minimum of 2 hours of wear. Other posters suggest tossing the puff, but I use it to press the powder into the T-zone and eyelids before blending it with a brush when I'm completely done with everything else. Beneath this fabu powder, I used Pond's Smooth Perfection Perfect Moisturizer (as primer), L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Makeup in N2, and Maybelline NY Instant Age Rewind Undereye Concealer in Light. **None of which have oxidized or turned orange with this powder!! Every product on my face beneath this powder has stayed true to the color it was on my face when first applied!!!!********EDITED 7/13/06- Still loving it, still wish it had no fragrance, but have repurchased already and have no desire to try another loose powder! Also, it is NOT discontinued. It is still featured on the L'Oreal Paris website, and can be confirmed when you dial the 800 number. It is still abundantly available on drugstore.com. Fewer stores carry it now but that is because the focus is on the newer products being released, not a percieved discontinuation of the product itself. L'oreal Airwear is equally hard to find, but it is not discontinued as a product and its still being manufactured, many shops discontinue stocking it so that emphasis is on the newer products. ****

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2006 7:48:00 PM More reviews by waddleod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in translucent (I think it comes in colors too?) and while I liked it, I'm now much happier with Philosophy Air Brush. I'd buy this again if I needed something from the drugstore...goes on pretty nice, but not a lot of coverage and sometimes looks a little too pale and powdery on my face. Better than a lot of powders I've tried though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2006 4:35:00 AM More reviews by jackie1109

I've bought this yesterday n i have to say that this loose powder is the best drugstore product tat i ever had! It really leaves my skin natural n non-oily for day long!

I would recommend this to everyone! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2006 3:16:00 PM More reviews by soxscaper

Love this stuff! I have really light skin so the translucent shade works perfect for me and it doesn't change color while I'm wearing it. It does a great job of keeping my really oily skin from getting shiny. I have to reapply about half way through the day, but other than that it's perfect. Like other people have said, it's a little pricey for a drugstore brand, but it lasts a long time and does the job so well it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 9:04:00 PM More reviews by satinsheets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh mama this stuff is perfect. It's non-drying, slightly luminescent and will give you that Jessica Alba red carpet look. I love it for night time. It's also smells pleasant and feels nice on the skin. I have it in light and it's a match made in heaven.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2006 10:33:00 AM More reviews by nnmca

A very good loose powder, probably the best drugstore one available. I was a long-time user of Sonia Kashuk loose until they drastically shrunk the packaging and raised the price, making it more expensive than high end powders. After reading reviews on MUA I decided to give Translucide a shot. Although not as finely milled as SK, Translucide comes in a generously-sized half ounce sifter container that lasts forever. The powder is fairly sheer, I am NC20 and found Light works well for me (another improvement over SK, I had to mix two shades with that one). The shimmer is barely detectable, which is fine with me since I use bronzers and highlighters to get that "glow"; it's just enough so that it doesn't look flat or chalky. Oil absorption is pretty good, I don't get shiny until the end of the day, and it does not seem to cause breakouts. The one thing that really bugged me at first was the fragrance, which made me gag the first time I opened the packaging. But strangely enough, it grew on me and I even like it now, go figure. The scent fades after a moment anyway, so it's really a non-issue unless you are ultra-sensitive. Cost: approximately $10 full price at the drugstore ($20 per ounce, versus SK's $72 per ounce). EDIT: I no longer use this powder. I discovered my HG, NARS Loose, which is comparable in price per ounce but luxuriously wonderful (and unscented, woohoo!)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2006 10:37:00 PM More reviews by usersilver

This is the one powder I've bought over and over again no matter what. I discovered this one when I was looking for a bronzer over summer and bought this instead in "deep". It ended up working better than any bronzer I have ever used, with a hazelnut glow and none of hte annoying orange mica that comes in most bronzers.
Translucide is a loose powder which comes in a cylindrical container with a sifter intalled inside.
I use a kabuki brush to lightly dust my face for a bronzed matte finish. The texture of the powder is silky smooth and it has fantastic staying power. I haven't broken out or had any drying, and my skin is sensitive to powders. The best part of this is that it mattifies and evens out my skin without blocking the natural glow, so I don't get the pancake flatness of most powders. I found it works really well when paired with Revlon Lights foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2006 12:49:00 AM More reviews by freelancer1977

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When Lancome discontinued it's "Poudre Majeur" I nearly quit doing makeup altogether. It was the ONLY loose powder (other than Coty) that I used . . . EVER.

Knowing the "kinship" between L'Oreal and Lancome, I opted to try this one out. I must say, I don't miss "Poudre Majeur" much anymore!

I recommend this to almost everyone. The color's are signature Lancome neutrals and have a perfectly weightless consistency.

Merry makeup shopping, everyone!

Kevin B. Shields,
Principal Artist,
Freelance Makeup Artistry, Louisville, Kentucky

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2006 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Abbytabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This really makes me look luminous. I have it in Translucent and it's perfect for my super pale skin. I buff it on with my brush (I never use the puff) after my foundation and I look totally flawless. The tiny shimmers in this make my face GLOW.

Has a slight perfumey scent but it doesn't bother me. I can see it bugging someone who's sensitive to scent.

It's somewhat pricy for drugstore but the container will last me for years as I only use a tiny bit at a time. I've had it for ages and it's not even halfway finished yet. I'd definitely buy again.