December 22, 2014 | 1711 users online

Fragrances - Aquolina - Chocolovers EDT

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2006 7:52:00 PM More reviews by jayd

This stuff is SOOO delicious, and different enough from pink Sugar to be worth the $50CDN.
It is a true milk chocolate scent, and the dry down is very sweet and chocolately. I wore it out shopping today and had 2 different strangers tell me I smelt "yummy".
Definately worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2006 5:31:00 PM More reviews by redhead2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first I hated this because all I smelled was orange. I tried it again at Sephora and this time waited a few hours before making up my mind. It transformed from an orange fragrance into a milk chocolate scent that I love! I will definitely purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2006 8:32:00 PM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A new favourite! I'm so glad I took a chance and bought this off Ebay as I'd been craving a chocolate-orange fragrance for so long and Chocolovers seemed to hold so much promise. The first spritz was enough to send me head-over-heels in love. Chocolovers features notes of orange, bergamot, lemon, lily of the valley, coriander, hazelnut, vanilla, malt and musk. Exotic! On me, Chocolovers starts off as a creamy rich nutty milk chocolate (notes of hazelnut, vanilla and malt) before drying down to a doubly rich, luscious jaffa cake with a hint of spice (the citrus notes and the coriander). I can't detect any hint of floral or musk whatsoever in this fragrance but that's just fine by me. I can't rave enough about it! Not many fragrances I wear get me stopped on the street and complimented by strangers but Chocolovers has never failed to turn a (male) head or two ;) And the best part? The scent lasts practically all day! I can say with absolute conviction that I will gladly repurchase this little gem when I'm done with my current bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2006 1:09:00 PM More reviews by cityspirit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this fragrance! To me, it's for an evening out... it's a sexy, deep chocolate scent. MMM! One spray is enough, and it is long long lasting, so a 50 mL bottle is worth the money. I can't stand EDTs that wear off after 30 minutes and have to be carried around and reapplied. I just wish the packaging was more mature, but no one can smell the packaging on you, so it's not that big of an issue. Chocolovers is more of a sophisticated scent than Pink Sugar.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2006 11:40:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The only other chocolate-type fragrance I've tried & loved is CSP's Amour de Cacao. Chocolovers has the same dry cocoa base scent, but is livened up with fruit notes. If I close my eyes while sniffing this scent, I picture sticking my nose into a bowl of Fruit Loops cereal floating in chocolate milk :D Either that, or something along the lines of chocolate covered cherries. It's pretty well balanced --- I think the fruit notes help to make the fragrance last longer. I may put my bottle up for swap...it's not a fragrance that I see myself reaching for that often.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2006 11:14:00 PM More reviews by polarpooch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't get the orange smell some ladies get out of this fragrance. I also definately don't get the burnt plastic smell others mentioned. And I don't think it smells anything like chocolate. To me it smells straight up like cotton candy. Which is fine since I happen to like the smell of cotton candy, but it is a little weird for a fragrance. HOWEVER, my boyfriend took one smell and pronounced "yum, smells like chocolate!" It does last, which is nice-and after a while the scent does start to feel cozy.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2006 6:49:00 PM More reviews by deblparker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the other reviewer that said this smells like burnt plastic. I had the same reaction. It leaves a really strange scent. Maybe it is just some people's chemistry. It also is almost too long lasting. You can still smell it on you the next day, even after a shower!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2006 5:45:00 PM More reviews by mjh00222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Smells great in container! After initial spray on my skin it dries down to a plastic-like smell. Almost a burnt plastic. Wish it didn't do that. Ah well! Bad chemistry I guess. Using as an expensive air room freshener.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2006 10:20:00 AM More reviews by rowenaaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Chocolovers is exactly what I expected it to be: a yummy orange-chocolate concoction that is a real treat to the senses. It is clearly a cousin to Pink Sugar, but not as potentially overpowering; there are no sharp notes that need to be tempered by the dry down. This fragrance stays pretty true throughout the day, and doesn't morph very much - but lasts a good amount of time. What you smell is what you get, and when you want to smell like a chocolate infused confection...spritz on Chocolovers.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2006 7:30:00 PM More reviews by perfumeslut

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE! IT HAS A SPICY DRYDOWN WHICH TAKES A LITTLE AWAY FROM THE FOODY CHOCOLATE SCENT I LOVE BUT IS STILL A WINNER IN MY BOOK. IT LASTS LONGER THAN SERENDIPITY, CSP COCOA AND FRESH'S CHOCOLATE.