October 20, 2014 | 2138 users online

Crème - MAC - Full Coverage Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2007 12:30:00 AM More reviews by swtie22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love MAC full coverage. When I was younger I was always going to the beach and laying out in the sun, and now that I have hit my 30s my skin has a lot of freckles and brown spots. I was looking for a creme or liquid foundation that would cover all my imperfections without feeling or looking heavy. MAC full coverage was able to cover most of my spots and it also did not irritate my sensitive/dry skin. I found that by applying this foundation with a sponge will give you a very thick and heavy look, instead I rub a little foundation on my fingertips and apply it like you would apply a creme, which resulted in a more natural looking application, and if I feel that I need more coverage I use a concealer brush and lightly brush any spots that might need extra coverage. The only negative about this foundation is that they do not offer as many colors. I highly recommend MAC full coverage!

EDIT: I still really like this foundation, however sometimes it is hard to match my skintone. There are days this product will make my face look very light and other days that my skin will look perfect despite the amount of product that I apply. I found Eve Pearl's medium foundation does a much superb job as it looks natural and is a creamier consistency, making it easier to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2007 2:07:00 AM More reviews by james88

I apply this to my chin and nose for redness with a damp sponge.I have oily acne prone skin and this foundation works beautifully! A little powder dusted all over my face and it looks flawless without looking
greasy or cakey.A little goes a long way.Also,apply right after moisturizer so it goes on smooth.Finally I found a foundation I LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2007 10:36:00 AM More reviews by SallyLC

I love love love this product. It covers everything up (dark circles, spots, scars etc and as long as you dont over apply it, it looks really natural. Be sure to get the right shade though (the sales assistant will advise and try them on you). I apply it with a make up "paint" brush and it goes on perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2007 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Fresas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is very nice; and I have used alooot of differnet foundations!! I mean if you want that full coverage made up look, you should like it! I use it with the sponge. I find it glides on nicer and not as thick as it does with the brush. A little goes a long way. So when applying it, start with a little. I also use the powder over it (to set it). I have dry skin but it still seems to have a nice glide when applying it; just make sure your face is moisturized before applying it. I find this foundation doesn't look cakey like some foundations do. Or it doesnt turn colors on your face like orange or pinky. You get a little shine after a few hours, but the shine is not overly done, it just makes your face have a little glow. I find the price being pretty good. It is certainly cheaper than Estee and Lancome. I just dont like that it doesnt have a mirror. Its definatley a keeper!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2007 3:54:00 AM More reviews by skyehye

This foundation is great as a full coverage, but you can "sheer" it out with a damp sponge for lighter application. It is great for photo shoots, film, tv etc... but can also be worn in the day depending like I said prior, if you sheer it out. Actually, the full coverage has the same properties as the studio concealer ( the one in the pot), so technically, you could use the concealer. How do I know? Because I was a retail artist for MAC and questioned my 2 resident trainers who confirmed this. But.....since the full coverage has more product you're better off purchasing the compact instead of the concealer pot unless you hardly use foundation.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2007 11:47:00 AM More reviews by starspex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Try studio fix first!truts me, wen i 1st went to the Mac counter to get a colour macth the MA gave me this and studio fix in NW50. however, as a novice i didnt realise the importance of mastering how to apply studio fix and couldnt do it properly with the supplied sponge and therefore, i began to use full covergae as my main. i got a bit carried away with the idea of covering my blemishes but BIG MISTAKE! full covergae made my face really shiney/greasy/wax like and no matter how much blot powder i applied it did nt make a difference. It also rubbed off everywhere. I just use it as a concelar now cos thats actually what it is- a compact pot size of concelor IMO. I visited MAC again yesterday and the MA told me to use this as concelar and showed me how to apply Studio fix with a buff brush-much better natural looking coverage!

update 2008: I've concluded that I loathe Mac foundations, they're unkind to skin I wouldn't use this ever again SMH

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2007 7:21:00 PM More reviews by coconut_ball

My HG foundations.It provides full coverage without looking cakey.I have really bad skin with acne scars on my face. This foundation gives me a flawless look without breaking me out. I would definitely repurchase it.The only thing is that full coverage doesn't have a wide range of color. but the MA gave me a pressed powder to go with it and it looks perfect. Great staying power also.I just wait to wake up and put this foundation on.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2007 10:02:00 PM More reviews by juanitaaloha

I got a sample of this at the MAC counter and have been using it for a few days now. I love how they always offer to give you a sample of anything you wanna try out before buying, and the sample is usually pretty generous. Anyway, I have been testing the C40 against my super oily, breakout-prone skin for a few days now, and it has not caused any new breakouts. Like the name, this provides full coverage and will hide the darkest imperfections on skin. Warming a little of the product and applying it with my fingers got me the best blending results, I did not like the finish when I applied with sponges or makeup brush. A little goes a long way, it's best to put on less than what you think you will need, because it covers really well and applying too much will make the face look very waxy and unnatural. NEEDS to be set with powder or it will start to slick off (if you have oily skin) during the day. I am definitely getting this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2007 2:53:00 AM More reviews by betty1313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is an excellent foundation. As the name suggests, it is a full coverage foundation that provides an opaque look. For a sheer look, wet the sponge and apply in a stipling method. I think the problem with MAC Pro products is that they can often be applied wrong, and thus produce less than desirable results. I would make sure that I ask the SA what is the best method to apply the product etc before going home and using it. Personally I think this is a great product, and really good for photo shoots, but I wear this during the day as an every day foundation too. But remember, a little goes a long way! Put too much on, and it tends to make your face flat. Especially true with ladies of a darker colour like me. I am NC45 in this foundation and I think this works better with a latex sponge rather than a foundation brush. Remember to blend, blend, blend for a really professional look.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2007 1:58:00 AM More reviews by missymaricel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation offers excellent, long lasting, full coverage hiding every flaw on your skin and evening out your skin tone. However, because of its heaviness, it can cause breakouts and even deep cyst-like pimples if used often. Great for use only on special occasions when you really want to get glammed out and need your makeup to last all day and night, or for covering minor blemishes. I recommend not using it on a daily basis for full coverage.