April 19, 2014 | 998 users online

Crème - MAC - Full Coverage Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2007 10:02:00 PM More reviews by juanitaaloha

I got a sample of this at the MAC counter and have been using it for a few days now. I love how they always offer to give you a sample of anything you wanna try out before buying, and the sample is usually pretty generous. Anyway, I have been testing the C40 against my super oily, breakout-prone skin for a few days now, and it has not caused any new breakouts. Like the name, this provides full coverage and will hide the darkest imperfections on skin. Warming a little of the product and applying it with my fingers got me the best blending results, I did not like the finish when I applied with sponges or makeup brush. A little goes a long way, it's best to put on less than what you think you will need, because it covers really well and applying too much will make the face look very waxy and unnatural. NEEDS to be set with powder or it will start to slick off (if you have oily skin) during the day. I am definitely getting this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2007 2:53:00 AM More reviews by betty1313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is an excellent foundation. As the name suggests, it is a full coverage foundation that provides an opaque look. For a sheer look, wet the sponge and apply in a stipling method. I think the problem with MAC Pro products is that they can often be applied wrong, and thus produce less than desirable results. I would make sure that I ask the SA what is the best method to apply the product etc before going home and using it. Personally I think this is a great product, and really good for photo shoots, but I wear this during the day as an every day foundation too. But remember, a little goes a long way! Put too much on, and it tends to make your face flat. Especially true with ladies of a darker colour like me. I am NC45 in this foundation and I think this works better with a latex sponge rather than a foundation brush. Remember to blend, blend, blend for a really professional look.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2007 1:58:00 AM More reviews by missymaricel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation offers excellent, long lasting, full coverage hiding every flaw on your skin and evening out your skin tone. However, because of its heaviness, it can cause breakouts and even deep cyst-like pimples if used often. Great for use only on special occasions when you really want to get glammed out and need your makeup to last all day and night, or for covering minor blemishes. I recommend not using it on a daily basis for full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2007 1:16:00 PM More reviews by superlibrarian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have found my perfect foundation! Finally! I have super oily, acne prone, blemished and prone to redness skin. This magic foundation is fantastic! It evens out the redness, covers the blemishes and does not "soak" into my skin like some other foundations have done (even Revlon's ColorStay eventually soaked into my skin.

LOVE IT! Worth every penny. The packaging is not flawless because there is no
mirror in the compact and no place for a sponge (which is how you have to apply it) So...other than that - outstanding product from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2006 1:22:00 PM More reviews by AriasMommy

This foundation is actually just a ginormous size of their studio fix concealer...the one in the little pan. It's true! I asked MAC through their live chat!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2006 10:39:00 PM More reviews by mutant_supermodel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I dont use this product on my face - Im a studio tech girl. But I do use this on my chest.

I have a very large chest tattoo - it covers 80% of my chest, and sometimes I do have to cover the tattoo up for work and some special functions.

I had to go to a friends wedding and was asked by her to cover my tattoo because her fiancees grandmother was a holocaust suvrivor who gets quite upset when she sees tattoos. So not wanting to offend her I aggreed to cover it up.

I tried so many products and not one looked natural, so I called up the MAC pro store and ordered this in NW15. It was perfect.

It looked natural on, you could not tell it was makeup at all. And it covered sooo well. It didnt even smudge onto my beautiful 50's gown.

Im def buying this again when I run out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2006 10:38:00 PM More reviews by vero32

I have just one thing to say to all of you reading this: most of you really need to start reading the description for the products on their respective websites. Number one, this is NOT a concealer! And two, of course this feels heavy on the skin, it's an emolient based foundation that is water resistant! As it says on the website; it is great for print and photography,(hint hint) that's why they don't even sell this at the MAC counters. I do have to say though that this is possibly the BEST foundation created to cover up EVERYTHING! And it really lasts! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! But I will say this, it is not the best for everyday use..it is a bit heavy, but it is AWESOME for those times when you really want to look flawless!
Incredible product <3

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2006 10:50:00 AM More reviews by bronzeangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

uhm
i bought this b/c the studiofix was givign me tiny pimples

it was close to 30 bucks 27 i believe ?

such a waste of money !!!!!!
it loosk so fake and it doesnt matter what u use to apply it with..sponges...brushes it looks so fake and is extremely hard to apply its thicker than the conceler.... actually I USE it as concelor !! its so fake looking and extremely hard to apply a big waste of money even tho i spent 30 bucks and i work hard for my money and dont have much of it i'll probly throw it away...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2006 3:04:00 PM More reviews by patentg33k

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is packaged in a round compact, no mirror but with a clear top so that you can readily see the shade. I'm an NC20 in other MAC foundations, and so the NC20 shade worked best for me here.

This is one foundation that delivers full coverage, honestly nothing gets by it. I use a foundation brush to apply. Other reviewers are correct-you can use this as a concealer.

Unfortately, this also gave me a mask-like look so is not appropriate for everyday use. Worse, it gave me cystic acne which I'm still working on healing. I have combo, acne-prone skin.

Will not re-purchase. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2006 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Dancer6978

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an interesting find. I have VERY dry skin and often use body lotions with mineral oil on my face (that's how I dry I am).

I first tried the creme foundation of MAC's called Select SPF 15 Moistureblend. It made my skin feel like silk, but it would end up beading up and sliding all around my face as the day progressed.

Next, I tried Studio Tech. They gave me a sample of this because I didn't want to have to return a whole compact again. A little went a long way, but the coverage was horrible. I'd find that all the makeup would be gone from my nose within a few hours of wearing. All of this is weird to me because my skin is so dry!

I finally moved on to my sample of Full Coverage (FC). I was nervous because they'd told me that the formula was drying. However, after loading my face with St. Ives Collagen and Elastin body lotion (that's what I use, and it works great for me), I put a thin layer of the FC on, using my fingertips, not the sponge. Miraculously, a sheer layer of this provided better coverage than a thick layer of the other two -- and it didn't slide away or leave my face! I was so surprised.

The key, though, is using less than you think you need. I think fingertips are the way to go; they give you more control than sponges. The foundation makes my skin look nearly flawless, and with my moisturizer underneath, it isn't drying at all -- totally not what I was expecting, but I am extremely pleased with the results. The only thing I don't like is that it causes my face to become shiny in the heat (maybe because the product contains no oil), so I have to repowder if it gets really hot outside; that is why I gave it a 4 instead of a 5. Other than that, the coverage is amazing! I think I actually may go purchase this when my sample runs out (and even the sample has lasted a whole week and a half so far!).