April 16, 2014 | 973 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 1:29:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

This is by far the WORST s/s for the face, as well as the body. I'm sure this product wasn't meant for the body, but soley for the face, but I had no s/s around and decided to use this on DS ( 9) since he wanted to go swimming. I live in AZ, where the summer means record hot temperatures w/ overkill of sunshine. I applied this to DS's face as well as his torso/ arms. It has a thick consitency, and was a b**** to blend. It also left a slight white cast where applied. I thought he was protected, but come to find out later that night, he had a sunburn on his chest as well as face. Poor thing, he wanted to put an ice pack on his cheeks. I don't believe he was too young or sensitive towards the ingredients as I used it on his face a few months back when he went fishing, and he was fine ( this was towards end of winter, early Spring so sun / temp wasn't as hot / sunny as summer). So, I don't know what changed / happened, but I do know that I tossed this s/s. It is NOT worth it, and doesn't work. I kept him out of the sun till the burn subsided, and instead applied my Shiseido Cream SPF 55 to his face, and guess what? No burn! If I could give this a zero lippie I would, so 1 will have to do. I will not be repurchasing or recommending this product to anyone :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Strandsky

The only reason I would NOT buy again is a reaction to an unknown ingredient and the iron in my water. I loved this product and used it every day for several years. However, I moved and our water has a very high iron content. Even with a water softener, I was getting rust colored stains on my clothes that wouldn't come out. I tried stain sticks, Iron Out and even Whink full strength. I am currently using Solar Sense 45 sunblock which is also a physical block. Sorry Neutrogena, I'm a big fan, but this product is ruining my clothes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by bex9

I use the version of this with helioplex. I use this every day over my burts bees ageless serum. I am currently using differin and accutane, so as you can probably imagine I am quite sensitive. Some days this does burn a little to apply, so I took one lippie off, but overall I would rather have that compared to sun burn. I work outdoors for 8hr a day and rarely get time to reapply, which I know is not ideal, but I have not burned yet despite being so sensitive to the sun (and everything else!). This doesn't leave me clogged, and for my combination skin it's a nice balance between moisture without gease. I usually use colourstay fdtn over this and it wears well all day. Overall Im happy with this, and despite being curious about other sunscreens, this is probably what I will repurcase because I like the protection, and I like how it seals in my burts serum and it's still nice under foundation. Also I am training for a triathlon right now, meaning lots of time spent swimming, running and cycling outdoors in the sun and still no sun burns, clogged pores, or running into the eyes. Bonus.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this and I love it.
It has a thick consistency but if you have a small layer or serum or moisturizer under, it wont tug at your skin like it can.
I use Olay regenerist serum under and I just put this on and tadah* It's awesome. I dont know why it's not sooo sheer and silky on me but I don't bother with that. I'm just happy it's not super oily like other sunscreens.
I use this everyday and have had not breakouts.
I will repurchase once finished. =D
Update:
This still hasn't broken me out. It's been two months now. =)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2009 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Madera

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Irritating crap, literally. I put it on the face after a night with Micro Retin A, hey its the same company...they want me to use Neutrogena sunscreen...irritated the hell out of my face...even when I stopped using Micro. Crap crap crap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by rebeccaae

Surprisingly, i'm a big fan of this sunscreen - I like that it doesn't break me out and really does give you a sheer-dry touch/silk feel. It does have a little sunscreen smell but that's ok - it is sunscreen after all. It lasts, It's oil free - thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by appleqn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before this, my holy grail sunscreen was Shiseido but I was curious about the review the Neutrogena one received, not to mention how it's so much more budget friendly so I decided to give this a go. In comparison, the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55 is heavier and creamier and while it isn't greasy, it leaves my skin feeling a bit more moist. When I over applied, it tends to pill up on top of my moisturizer. I layered a base of Clinique Moisture Surge, followed by the Neutrogena Sunblock and Armani Face Fabric and the sunblock made the Face Fabric seem less powdery and more glowing/radiant. It might be a bit too heavy for acne prone/oily skin but the sun protection factor is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying that I am not acne-prone, so I don't know if this product would cause problems for someone who suffers from breakouts. I admit, the consistency is a bit thick, but I don't find it to be greasy or shiny at all. It does a terrific job of protecting my skin from the sun and I don't find it to be too heavy on my face. It really works well for me and I will continue to purchase it. One lippie off for the sting if it gets in your eyes, but I have yet to use an effective sunblock that doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Sattie2008

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I would buy this product again, I have switched to another Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer sunblock that is oil- and fragrance-free. However, this product is really nice. It goes on a little white and thick but it can be rubbed in and then it creates a soft, dry layer over my skin. I find that it keeps my face from becoming oilier as the humid days goes on. And though I have skin sensitivity to fragrances, the last 2 summers that I have used it, I haven't had any reactions. Though I am not taking the chance of a reaction and will switch when the tube is empty and/or the weather comes hotter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 7:53:00 AM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I really like the light-weight consistency of this lotion. I don't think it's sticky or thick at all, compared to other sunblock. I actually do use this on my face, which if course may not work for everyone, but it didn't break me out. I'm hesitant to put stuff like that on my face but so far, no problems with this, it's my HG face sunscreen for summer and the beach!