October 24, 2014 | 1731 users online

Mascara - Mary Kay - Ultimate Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I received this as a gift. It’s an OK mascara, it defines and darkens the lashes, but does nothing for length. I have problems applying it because it tends to clump, which wouldn’t normally bother me so much if I could brush them out, but that seems to be hard to do with this mascara. It sometimes smudges in my brow bone when I first apply, which doesn’t happen with all mascara, but once it dries it doesn’t run or smudge. The tube is pretty and classy looking, but I would agree with other reviews that the spooly may be a big part of the problem. I will likely use it up, but not repurchase. I just wasn’t impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by jilliane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried high end (Lancome, Fiberwig, Bad Gal Lash) and some of the better drug store brands and I keep coming back to this. I am not a consultant but I can get this at a deep discount from my consultant since she is just a personal use consultant. My latest comparison was with Fiberwig which I put on one eye and the MK on the other eye and I swear I couldn't tell the difference between the two! I don't even want to like Mary Kay products, but it seems when I go back to them I'm always pleasantly surprised!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by mzxtine

This "ultimate" mascara tends to smudge and be clumpy because everytime I pull the wand out, there's a LOT of product on it. Other than that I really like how volumizing it makes my lashes look. Probably will not repurchase though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

The mascara is great, it's the brush that sucks. It picks up way too much product so it's pretty easy to get clumps. I use disposable mascara wands and this gives me long, full and dark lashes. Doesn't smudge too badly over the course of the day and doesn't sting my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2008 12:20:00 AM More reviews by UNICORNSxLOVE

Clumpy for me. it was very volumizing but too clumpy.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by gottadance21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Eh, it was okay. I was a HUGE fan of the Endless Performance mascara and have been scarred since they discontinued it. I loved how the curved brush physically separated my lashes and it didn't flake....at all. Some people didn't like it, but I loved how the stuff came off. In their development of the Ultimate mascara, Mary Kay didn't retain what I loved about their former product. It seem to go on more gloppy even though their goal was to apply the perfect amount on the first swipe. I had to really work to separate my lashes. I probably won't be buying again unless Sephora is not an option.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 8:31:00 AM More reviews by DebWil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love it! On my second tube, and still loving it. It ranks right up there with my fave Origins Lash Loving Mascara. The brush is the perfect size, easy to get to the corners of your eyes and the lower lash line without bumping a huge brush everywhere. The formula is creamy, not too thin, not too thick, and definitely not dry. Lasts without flaking or smearing. Also very lengthening and volumizing. I'll keep going back to this to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2008 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Caxap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best mascara I've ever tried! And boy, am I picky about my mascara. This one is very easy to build up, so you can go from a natural look to a night-out look with the same product! Since I curl my eyelashes after applying mascara, I've had many mascaras flake like crazy, but this one (almost) doesn't! Another plus is that is stays on exceptionally well, without being waterproof. I can sleep in it and still not have racoon eyes in the morning! How nice is that?! Now I can stay over at my boyfriend's and not worry about looking like a freak in the morning. Hehe. However, because of its staying power, it can be a hassle to wash off without make-up remover. So keep that handy and you'll be good to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 11:34:00 AM More reviews by herebygrace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff ROCKS! I've used Lancome and other pricey brands and this stuff by far exceeds the others. The price is average and the packaging - well who cares. The mascara instantly made my lashes nice and long and full. I truely think this is better than anything I've tried and I think I've tried them all! This will be my go to from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2008 6:01:00 AM More reviews by dirtyrockstar

I bought this mascara a couple times. I do like it. It did lenghen and volumize my lashes. They also would keep curled after I applied it after my lash curler which is a major plus for me. I wish it would however, not run so much when I cry. Wonder if they will make a waterproof one? But all in all. Very nice Mascara and I would purchase this again.