December 18, 2014 | 1526 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by youcrazydiamond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I won't flat-out condemn this product because obviously it has worked for some people. But my experience with this product was horrible. I gave it not one but two chances to impress me, but it let me down both times. My gripes: It's terribly waxy. Like, really, really waxy. This isn't different from any other Burt's balms, but I don't like any of the other Burt's balms either. The waxy coating just sits on top of my lips and feels awful and I always just wipe it off after five minutes, tops. It leaves my lips feeling dry. But the worst part of this balm in particular? The smell. Some seem to love it. When I bought it, I expected a light, sweet honey scent. Instead, this balm smells bitter and pungent. It smells exactly like old flowers. Really old flowers that looked better than they smelled in the first place, and then lost their looks and got even stinkier. Bleh. And it's so freakishly strong, people around you can smell it. The few times I wore this product my sister asked, "Ew, what stinks?" So, yeah, this stuff smells awful, and it doesn't even work, and there's no reason I would want to smear an unappealing, stinky salve right underneath my nose if it isn't even gonna moisturize my skin at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by ver0nika20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Years ago I had bought a Bath and Body Shop honey lip balm once that I LOVED and I mistakenly thought it was Burt Bee's so I repurchased. Huge mistake. This balm smells overpoweringly horrible and it gave me a headache. I wiped it off and threw it away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I guess I need to review to support my HG lip balm. The Honey lip balm is hands down, the best I've ever used. It took my lips from dry, cracked and bloody, to soft, plump and lineless. I could do without the smell, but it last a max of 30 seconds or so. This has all good for you products in it, and no petrol (yuck) in it. Some might complain about the waxy texture, and it is waxy- BUT IT STAYS ON. I've tried other lip balms, and they are gone in a flash, but if you slather this on before bed, it will still be working in the am. This is the only balm I've used since it came out. As for using it under or over lipstick, no, it won't work well, but if you are using lipstick that needs balm underneath, or dries your lips out, CHANGE LIPPIES...I won't wear anything that would do that, which is why I quit buying and complaining about drugstore lippies some time ago. MAC might be the exception, but they have their own lip base. I don't use it, but then my lips are in great shape thanks to this balm. Honestly, try one...get past the texture and smell, and it will do wonders for your lips. Best cheap fix out there...I live in CO and anyone will tell you how cold and dry it is here in winter...I would be a dry husk if it wasn't for this lipbalm and Yes to Carrots body butter,

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by sheLoVic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have burts bees lipbalm in pome,honey,and beeswax..first time i use honey,i was shocked!it smells so weird and makes me nausea for all night long...but after 1 weeks and get used with it,honestly..the smells is addictive LOL

my friends angry with me when i borrowed my honey balm to them..because they can stand the weird smells..my boyfriend also wont kiss me if i wear this balm..so i only wear it at night...

what i love about it is,this is the most moisturizing balm that i ever have..i think i would buy it again for night treatment

for daily wear,i prefer beeswax one

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by mscc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like how it feels, but absolutely HATE how it smells. (I'm not even one of those people who's really sensitive to fragrant products.) I'm going to throw this product away, which is something that I never do. I just don't think I can find any use for it as long as it smells as horrible as it does.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought it because of too many ads in all the magazines! However, it is not that great as I expected. It does not moisturize well and the smell is not that nice either. The good things about it: a) it doesnt taste sweet (I do not like chupsticks that are fruity), b) the packaging is comfortable (I do not like little jars were you have to stick in your finger), c) and it is not sticky on your lips. Will not buy it again. The best chupstick in my opinion is still Dzintars (Latvia).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Twinkly1216

I like honey, I don't like Burt's Bees lip balms.

Upon first application I had to really press it into my lips to get the product to start transferring onto my lips. The edges of the balm were hard and it took many, many more uses before they were worn down enough that I didn't feel them every time I put this lip balm on.

This is a very hard, waxy lip balm that smells very heavily of...something. Honey? I don't think so...maybe a very (VERY) floral honey? I don't know but I don't like it and it's too strong for my taste.

I would've rated this lower than a 3 had I stopped after the first couple times using it because really it was uncomfortable to apply due to how hard it was, I didn't find it super moisturizing at all, the lasting power was just average and the smell sucked.

I kept using it though and after I got the edges worn down, the lip balm definitely felt softer (still hard compared to lip balms I like...AND still waxy...which I don't like) and it did actually feel like it was moisturizing to my lips. Still hated the smell but it had improved enough that I felt I could give it a 3.

Would I buy again? No, not because it's really awful...just because there are much better lip balms out there.

Skip.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by VegasStar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It tugs when applied, didn't moisturize well and left my lips feeling waxy. Not a fan.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by supeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I would not purchase this again, i actually owned this from 1 year ago when i got into lipbalms. I ordered this instead of the classic minty one because i actually thought that Honey might smell better on my lips. Of course, it does not smell like honey, not even a hint of something sweet. It smells nasty, herbal and whenever I took this lipbalm out, my friends ALWAYS complained and groaned about the smell. It is that strong. The moisturizing effect is pretty alright, but sadly the smell sucks and not recommended for people who are looking for lipbalms that work yet smell sweet, nice or decent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've found that Burt's Bees chapsticks give me small pimples around my mouth from the highly comedogenic oils they use. I like a lot of Burt's Bees products but have decided not to use their chapsticks anymore. So if you have acne issues I recommend not putting anything with coconut oil on your face, it rates 4/5 on the comedogenic scale.