January 27, 2015 | 1932 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I tried to use this but I can't continue it stinks to me and has a very nasty perfume taste on my lips. Yes this is a very short review but bottom line this stinks to me and is YUCK on my lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Dimplesgalore

I was using the original BBees chapstick (CS) with so-so results. I was researching what natural products would help heal chapped irritated skin and stumbled across honey as an answer. I saw this CS and gave it a try.

I like it better than the original. It gives me better results and is not as irritating on tender new skin as the peppermint one can be.

However, I do not like the fragrance listed in the ingredients. I also discovered that this CS and the original one were both bothering a dry patch on my chin. Iím betting it was the camphor and the lanolin. They are not entirely bad ingredients, they just donít agree with my super chemical sensitive acne prone skin.

I have moved on to greener pastures.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by autumnus88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I talk on the phone ALL DAY LONG so my lips get REALLY DRY. I have used sooooo many different types of lip balm with zero success, but I finally picked this up because it was at the check out of my local CVS. I absolutely LOVE it. It is smooth, hydrating, smells amazing and the price is nice as well. Will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I used to be a devote to the original Burt's peppermint formula. I can't use it anymore as the peppermint that once felt so wonderful drys out my constantly dry lips. I tried this version a while back and hate the smell. It doesn't smell like honey to me at all and I didn't find it very moisturizing.

I keep it in my makeup bag in my purse for if/when I get my hair professionally dyed. I put it around my hairline to prevent staining.

If you want a moisturizing (in my opinion) honey balm, try the Nivea Kiss of Milk and Honey. Smells great and I feels good on the lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by nicoolmarie

I have extremely sensitive lips!! other brands that work for others give me horrible red chapped lips. carmex mad my lips so bad i have to see a doctor to clear it up. then i found this product!!! its the onoly thing i can use on my lips all the time it mosturizes and protects my lips and i like how it smells. the only thing i wish is it was glossier. but i cant complain it has saved my lips! there always there natural pretty pink and they dontnget chapped any more

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by zooper12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this at Wegman's a couple years ago for 2.50 USD, I believe. My lips tend to get VERY dry, and this isn't the most moisturizing. It's kind of waxy. It's pretty much clear on your lips, and I like that it's natural, and I kinda think of that as a way to justify the price for this, as it is slightly higher than other chapsticks I've seen. I like the scent, it's not a sweet honey smell, but more of just a natural honey scent. This is good if you just need a little moisture, which to be honest, isn't the case most of the time for me. I haven't used this in a really long time, actually. But if all that is described above sounds appealing to you, and you like natural health/beauty products, this may be good for you!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by youcrazydiamond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I won't flat-out condemn this product because obviously it has worked for some people. But my experience with this product was horrible. I gave it not one but two chances to impress me, but it let me down both times. My gripes: It's terribly waxy. Like, really, really waxy. This isn't different from any other Burt's balms, but I don't like any of the other Burt's balms either. The waxy coating just sits on top of my lips and feels awful and I always just wipe it off after five minutes, tops. It leaves my lips feeling dry. But the worst part of this balm in particular? The smell. Some seem to love it. When I bought it, I expected a light, sweet honey scent. Instead, this balm smells bitter and pungent. It smells exactly like old flowers. Really old flowers that looked better than they smelled in the first place, and then lost their looks and got even stinkier. Bleh. And it's so freakishly strong, people around you can smell it. The few times I wore this product my sister asked, "Ew, what stinks?" So, yeah, this stuff smells awful, and it doesn't even work, and there's no reason I would want to smear an unappealing, stinky salve right underneath my nose if it isn't even gonna moisturize my skin at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by ver0nika20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Years ago I had bought a Bath and Body Shop honey lip balm once that I LOVED and I mistakenly thought it was Burt Bee's so I repurchased. Huge mistake. This balm smells overpoweringly horrible and it gave me a headache. I wiped it off and threw it away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I guess I need to review to support my HG lip balm. The Honey lip balm is hands down, the best I've ever used. It took my lips from dry, cracked and bloody, to soft, plump and lineless. I could do without the smell, but it last a max of 30 seconds or so. This has all good for you products in it, and no petrol (yuck) in it. Some might complain about the waxy texture, and it is waxy- BUT IT STAYS ON. I've tried other lip balms, and they are gone in a flash, but if you slather this on before bed, it will still be working in the am. This is the only balm I've used since it came out. As for using it under or over lipstick, no, it won't work well, but if you are using lipstick that needs balm underneath, or dries your lips out, CHANGE LIPPIES...I won't wear anything that would do that, which is why I quit buying and complaining about drugstore lippies some time ago. MAC might be the exception, but they have their own lip base. I don't use it, but then my lips are in great shape thanks to this balm. Honestly, try one...get past the texture and smell, and it will do wonders for your lips. Best cheap fix out there...I live in CO and anyone will tell you how cold and dry it is here in winter...I would be a dry husk if it wasn't for this lipbalm and Yes to Carrots body butter,

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by sheLoVic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have burts bees lipbalm in pome,honey,and beeswax..first time i use honey,i was shocked!it smells so weird and makes me nausea for all night long...but after 1 weeks and get used with it,honestly..the smells is addictive LOL

my friends angry with me when i borrowed my honey balm to them..because they can stand the weird smells..my boyfriend also wont kiss me if i wear this balm..so i only wear it at night...

what i love about it is,this is the most moisturizing balm that i ever have..i think i would buy it again for night treatment

for daily wear,i prefer beeswax one