July 23, 2014 | 1283 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by supeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I would not purchase this again, i actually owned this from 1 year ago when i got into lipbalms. I ordered this instead of the classic minty one because i actually thought that Honey might smell better on my lips. Of course, it does not smell like honey, not even a hint of something sweet. It smells nasty, herbal and whenever I took this lipbalm out, my friends ALWAYS complained and groaned about the smell. It is that strong. The moisturizing effect is pretty alright, but sadly the smell sucks and not recommended for people who are looking for lipbalms that work yet smell sweet, nice or decent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've found that Burt's Bees chapsticks give me small pimples around my mouth from the highly comedogenic oils they use. I like a lot of Burt's Bees products but have decided not to use their chapsticks anymore. So if you have acne issues I recommend not putting anything with coconut oil on your face, it rates 4/5 on the comedogenic scale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by harsha1980p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

very mixed reviews for this product oh how complicated the beauty business is!!! I do not have very dry lips just dry enough though to always need a balm first thing in the morning after a wash and maybe once or twice in the day but no chapping or cracking or flaking. This balm works just fine for me it is the nicest natural/ non-chemical balm I have used, other natural organic stuff has been basically olive oil.

I like that the product is quite firm, I can massage it into my lips you can apply quite a bit and it wont feel heavy or waxy. Is has a love or loathe smell to it I find it comforting its a much milder olive oil scent than other natural products with a faint whiff of honey.

I find the balm does its job is soothing and pleasant to use. It is not greasey or shiny like vaseline and I find it actually sinks in and softens my lips whereas as other products slide around abit too much and make your lippie slide around with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by lorraine07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not for me. Did not moisturize as well as Kiehls or petroleum jelly. Just Okay.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, whenever I can I try to use products that are environmentally responsible and it seems this lip balm is virtually chemical-free so top marks for that.
I've had this lip balm for a really long time, it lasts quite a while and the packaging is impeccable and super-easy to carry around.
This isn't a very creamy balm so sometimes I find it hard to get the product all over my lips but I dab on a bit more and it does the trick. I never have dry lips, possibly because I moisturize very often throughout the day. The only thing I'm not too keen on is the smell - I'm not the biggest fan of honey but I will try the other versions of Burt's Bees lip balm.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by iiixvix

This is one of the pricier brands of drugstore lip balms, but on the cheaper end of natural products out there. This lip balm is only OK. I found the scent a little weird. The texture is much firmer than the plain and pomegranate that Burt's Bees sells, so I find I can't use it on my lips when chapped (it tugs). It doesn't moisturize as well as the other two, but stays on longer.

I wouldn't buy this again. The one I have sits in my collection mostly unused.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This works very well for me.
I love the smell, as I love everything honey smelling.
It moisturizes really well, especially when my lips are wound or chappy.
Over here it's relatively expensive, but since it works better for me than the drugstore chapsticks I gladly pay some extra money.
Will defenitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by mitzylindsay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

pros: the stuff does moisturize!!!! and smells good like chocolate after a while. the lip balm is hard and dosen't mush when i press it against my lips. there is no shine, so this is perfect for guys too!!!

cons: i can still feel the lines on my lips, smell might be a bit weird at first

overall: go for the bodyshop's vitamin e lip balm!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Tiffieotheory14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is absolutely useless on my lips. Besides the slight tingle, it does nothing. It doesn't moisturize and all it does is leave a white and waxy residue on my lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by TomBoyBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Violet

There is nothing honey about burt's bees lip balms anymore. This smells, feels, and tastes like hard wax, and yes, I know what wax tastes like. The only reason I didn't rate this 1/5 is because burt's bees used to be good (back when it actually smelled and tasted like honey, circa the 90's), but this stuff is just disgusting, and is not moisturizing at all. I would not wish this stuff on my worst enemy, that's how nasty it is.
-TBB