Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm

3.1

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor), honey, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil, benzyl benzoate, coumarin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Every Honey based as ingredients product is almost good for lips. it can soothe and moist the lips very fast. Especially for this one. This product works well on my lips. it can solve my cracked lips because of weather, AC, or something else. Even if the smells isn't too good, but the result is i don't disappoint by this product..

on 3/7/2011 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Out of all of the Burt's Bees chapsticks, this one is probably my favorite for day time use. For time time I favor the Pomegranate one. Anyway, the honey balm is just a no nonsense chapstick and is perfect if you're looking for a sweeter sort of lip treatment. It's a littler waxier than the pomegranate one, but I still love it. Compared to the minty chapstick, I find that this is more nourishing. But this is all in my opinion. A lot of people like minty flavored or scented products, it's usually personal preference. Also, after weening myself off of tons of chapsticks, this is my number one product out of all of my Burt's and EOS. Hoped this helped a little :)

on 3/3/2011 10:10:00 AM

don't like the smell, stinks really bad...

on 3/1/2011 1:38:00 AM

I've heard nothing but good things about Burt's Bees products, so being a lip balm junkie, I was ecstatic to find these babies on sale during boxing day. Trusting word of mouth, I bought two and didn't even wait until leaving the mall before trying them out.

The moment you open the balm, the first thing you notice will be the smell. Everyone else but me seems to hate it. I personally love it, and the smell reminds me of potpourri or baby powder. My sister on the other hand says it smells more like foot powder. Each to his or her own.

The packaging is nice. I'm not much for orange, but the tube and cap do their job well. Mine even withstood a cycle in the washing machine after I accidentally left the lip balm in my pants pocket while doing the laundry. I also prefer the tin to the tube because the tube is plastic (more durable, less "noisy") and also more hygienic imho.

The balm itself was a complete disappointment. My lips became DRIER each time I put this stuff on. It did not moisturize at all and in fact, it felt like I was putting a non-breathable layer of plastic across my lips. For the price of almost C$5.79 a stick, it is not worth it at all. Thank goodness the wash cycle ate the lip balm; it was either the drain or the garbage for this guy.

This is one of my favourite lip balms - by that I mean the packaging looks worn and the stick is stubby. It's hard and waxy, but upon contact with your lips it slowly moisturses with the oils while on the top layer it forms a protective coat, probably from the beeswax. It has a sugary honeycomb powder scent and tastes faintly sweet. I'm quite fond of it but I suppose most people are used to fake honey or corn syrup so they might find that disgusting. I personally think the pomegranate scent is the most offensive and fake ever, so it's really all subjective. Anyway - this balm is absolutely perfect for cold winter winds because it lasts and lasts. It doesn't shrivel up or fade off after a few dry breaths in the horrible weather and stands strong. Many other organic butters either harden like lard on the lips (forming a icky film that pills), while the petrolatum jelly based ones doesn't protect lips from the chill. This is really great and weather resistant. For some reason my original peppermint balm is thick and chunky while this is smoooooth. One of a kind and the best at lasting power. :)

on 2/20/2011 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

With so many high-quality inexpensive lip balms on the market, I feel free to be pointlessly picky.

When color isn't an issue I go for natural balms with natural, moisturizing oils - avocado, almond, sunflowerseed, beeswax - and I look for tastiness. This lip balm by burt's bees is everything except flavor. It's not bad my any stretch of the imagination - tastes like lanolin and honeycomb - but becuase I'm free to pick and choose, 4 lippies.

No SPF.

(BB's makes a pomegranate oil replenishing balm that has a nice flavor - I imagine their acai berry balm is nice too. )

on 2/17/2011 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried to use this but I can't continue it stinks to me and has a very nasty perfume taste on my lips. Yes this is a very short review but bottom line this stinks to me and is YUCK on my lips.

on 2/15/2011 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was using the original BBees chapstick (CS) with so-so results. I was researching what natural products would help heal chapped irritated skin and stumbled across honey as an answer. I saw this CS and gave it a try.

I like it better than the original. It gives me better results and is not as irritating on tender new skin as the peppermint one can be.

However, I do not like the fragrance listed in the ingredients. I also discovered that this CS and the original one were both bothering a dry patch on my chin. Iím betting it was the camphor and the lanolin. They are not entirely bad ingredients, they just donít agree with my super chemical sensitive acne prone skin.

I have moved on to greener pastures.

on 1/31/2011 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I talk on the phone ALL DAY LONG so my lips get REALLY DRY. I have used sooooo many different types of lip balm with zero success, but I finally picked this up because it was at the check out of my local CVS. I absolutely LOVE it. It is smooth, hydrating, smells amazing and the price is nice as well. Will definitely be repurchasing!

on 1/30/2011 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used to be a devote to the original Burt's peppermint formula. I can't use it anymore as the peppermint that once felt so wonderful drys out my constantly dry lips. I tried this version a while back and hate the smell. It doesn't smell like honey to me at all and I didn't find it very moisturizing.

I keep it in my makeup bag in my purse for if/when I get my hair professionally dyed. I put it around my hairline to prevent staining.

If you want a moisturizing (in my opinion) honey balm, try the Nivea Kiss of Milk and Honey. Smells great and I feels good on the lips.

Popular Lip Treatments