April 17, 2014 | 1865 users online

Powder - Alima - Satin Matte Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by abbbetty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

this product good for my skin!LOVE~~~~~~~~~~~~

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Violet

it's a pretty makeup that has light coverage. This is not for those who want to conceal scars or zits. it looked good for about 2 hours and disappear into thin air making my skin looking muddy. I wouldn't repurchase because I was looking for a looking lasting medium coverage mineral foundation that won't change color or oxidize on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by restinginlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

the only other mineral makeup I've tried is Everyday Minerals and Alima blows them out of the water. for some reason EDM never made me itch, though, and Alima does. however, it doesn't make me break out and looks creamy and natural when applied wet or dry (I've been spraying my kabuki brush with mark's mist opportunity now before picking up the powder and applying as I've read some experts think breathing in mineral makeup can hurt one's lungs over time.) there are SO MANY shades and if you send a message to "ask the artist" with a foundation that matches you, they give helpful suggestions as to which shades to try. love that. as a whole, this company is great to its customers and they even give extra samples when purchasing $1.50 samples.

downsides--powder all over my bathroom counter! but I have always had that problem with loose powder. I wish they had a pressed powder version. I know sephora does and it has great reviews so I may try that next as I never haul a kabuki brush and jar of MMU in my purse for touch ups. for some reason I can't get this or any other MMU to not fade after a few hours--dry, wet, over moisturizer and/or primer, setting with rimmel's mattify powder, spraying with mist opportunity to set, nothing seems to keep it there! but it's not melting off, it's just not there. there's gotta be some way to keep it on! still my HG for now and I will definitely be repurchasing.

EDIT: I can't make this or any other MMU look not-powdery on me, so I no longer use this but I think it's more of a user error and my skin + this type of makeup thing than anything having to do with product performance, so I'm leaving my ratings the same :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by CathySinMN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great color selection! I emailed their makeup artists who helped me find 4 colors that might work for me. Two of the three were very close matches, but one was dead on! The foundation worked great and stayed on all day. Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by xliu4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After using this on and off for a good 3 months, I am certain that I could write a fair review. The conclusion is: I love this mineral foundation!!

Customer service was excellent in answering questions, suggesting shades. I bought a few shades in sample jars to try out. With over 60 shades it's hard NOT to find the one that matches you. I am not even 1/4 on the sample jar ($1.5). Crazy, in a good way.

This foundation applies very smoothly, I apply 2-3 coats on, and then plus the green mineral concealer on my cheeks without looking cakey at all. It looks so natural as if I don't have any makeup on! It stays put the whole day, doesn't oxidizes (meaning it doesn't turn orange). Overall, very satisfied with this and will be buying the full size jar once this sample jar is gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by becky129

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Edit 11/10/2010: Still loving this and on my 2nd order. I am custom blend 50/50 Beige1/Beige2 in winter. Love that you can blend shades.

First, a little about me. I have acne-prone, combination skin (oily T-zone). Fair but not pale neutral tone. I have been trying for some time to find my HG MMU because I believe it is better for my skin the liquid.

I have tried: Bare Minerals (Fairly Light -shiny and itchy), PUR Mineral (Light - itchy), Everyday Minerals (no good color match (it oxidized) and had a shiny face after a few hours), and now Alima Pure... and I've found my HG!

This makeup does not look powdery on my skin, just silky smooth with good coverage. I was telling a friend how much I like it, and she couldn't believe it was a powder because it gave a soft glow with good coverage (but not shiny).

I use a concealer brush to spot conceal my acne spots first, then apply all over using an EcoTools Kabuki. For under-eye concealer, I dab a cheap eye cream on my finger and then dip my finger into the powder. It spreads easily on my under eye area leaving it concealed but moisturized. And because I'm using the same shade, it blends perfectly. No raccoon eyes!

The color scheme is amazing, and yet quite simple. No funky names or confusing website, just 6 categories of undertone, each with a ranking of 0-9, with 0 a near white level and 9 for the darkest of dark skin.

Cool - very pink
Neutral - neutral but definitely on the cool side
Beige - this is what I would consider a TRUE neutral. Cool tones are too cool for me, and warm tones too warm, and I am a perfect match for B2, possibly B1 in winter.
Warm - Neutral but leaning yellow/warm
Golden and Olive - I have not tried so can't comment.

I found my perfect match by using the 'find your shade' guide to narrow it down, and then ordering $1.50 samples of a few different ones. Each sample lasts me close to a week - very generous. They also throw in additional freebie samples of blush and eyeshadow that go well with the shades you are ordering. I found my HG blush - Carnation through one of the freebie samples.

I have been using samples for 3 weeks now, and have not had any itch/reaction/breakout. In fact, my face seems to be clearing up. My skin feels like it can 'breathe' when I wear this makeup. The only ingredients are Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Mica, and possibly Iron Oxides.

To top off all the positives, their customer service is the best I've ever encountered. Shipping is fast, and I get a handwritten "Thank you, Becky" with each order. Alima Pure is a green company, and they will recycle your used containers. You mail in 5 full size containers in paper packaging (so they can recycle the containers AND the packaging) and they send you a discount code for a free eye shadow. How awesome is that!

Obviously from my rave, I will be buying this again. :) Thank you to the MUA'ers who came before me to recommend this. I would have never found this company without them.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by rxqueen011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I REALLY love this foundation, except for the fact that I want to scratch my face off after applying it because it's itching like crazy. Sucks for me that I'm mica-sensitive. Otherwise it would be my HG. It controls oilies very well and looks GREAT! Nice coverage, very smooth looking with aloe as a primer/moisturizer. It is too matte for me, but I just spray with some thermal water and buff with a kabuki. Problem solved! Nice range of colors, cheap samples, fast shipping. Overall, wonderful company and product. Just wish it worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Theaflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok oily skinned ladies this is the BEST product I have ever used and I have tried it all. If you are oily the secret here is to combine the color of your choice with a bit of water and apply with a FOUNDATION BRUSH (mine is from CVS),,,,perfection every time. An amazing, natural look with great coverage. Send for the samples first to match skin tone. Their blushes are fabulous too as is their customer service. A winner!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by digby2005

I have "tried" mineral mu before but wiht no luck. shiney, made pores look big, color didn't stay or changed throughout the day. But i was happy enough using liquid foundation. When I read you could triy $1 samples though of Alima, and read the revies, it was too tempting not to try.

SOOO happy I did. I emailed the Alima mu artist the brand/color liquid foundation that I used and I got a response on several shades of Alima to try. The samples are generously sized, so I've gotten to test for over a week to see about skin reactions, coverage, etc. All 5 stars! I found the right color and have "almost" mastered applying mineral makeup.

I also tried their blushes and really like those as well. PHENOMENAL customer service including a hand written thank you on the order.

I'm 40, so am not into "trendy" looks...but was looking for something wiht natual coverage that doesn't enlarge pores, cause a breakout or emphasize fine lines.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by appletea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

*sigh* I had to edit my review because even though I love the color range, it just quit working for my skin. Sounds silly, but it is true. After a time it would melt off my face, particularly around my nose and it stuck to dry patches like a mofo, even if I moisturized well. It sucks because I have an incredibly difficult time finding a foundation color that works well for me, but I'd rather not look like a hot mess. I still love their blushes and eye shadows though!