April 19, 2014 | 1665 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know why his is recommended to people with acne prone skin since it has comedogenic ingredients. That's annoying. I tried it awhile ago and it broke me out.

If they removed the cetereths it would probably be amazing! Too bad.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice, basic moisturizer with many beneficial ingredients. I use it on both face and body with good results. However, despite the fact that my skin is quite oily, I actually prefer the richer Cerave Cream to this lotion. It seems more hydrating to me without being at all greasy or heavy. My hands tend to be quite dry and this lotion doesn't always feel like enough for them. I do like the large pump bottle and I think this product is well worth the price. I will finish my bottle but I would repurchase the cream instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by L7997

I used this in highschool when i had combo skin, was (still am) acne prone, and was oily by mid day (not too bad anymore). I never got over the wet consistency and occasional stinging, which worsened (or began, i suppose) when i started using tazorac.

if applying this is bad for sensitive skin then i wouldn't recommend it for people with "tolerant" skin. but i used to rely on this. it's just iffy, and i'm sure there are better.

i wont repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by erinoray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best face moisturizer ever! It complements the hydrating cleanser perfectly, and when used together my (very) sensitive skin is left clear, even and so supple! I love the price, too. I'll never buy another brand again. So glad I found CeraVe!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Labarre

I don't get it...
This has Cetearyl Alcohol + Ceteareth 20
which rated highly comedogenic - because of the raves I tried it even with that knowledge and got a breakout which was not surprising...

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by brandieryan78

I have started using Retin-A and was looking for a light but, effective moisturizer for my combination/oily skin. This stuff is the best! Not only is it a great buy it is also, non pore clogging and I have been thrilled with my results! Between the foaming cleanser, Retin-A, this moisturizer plus my Clarasonic I have never been happier with my skin! Highly recommended!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by MichaelK

This is my HG face moisturizer.

There was a dark, dry time in my life when my face was so dry, it cracked.

I was a swimmer, 3 hours a day in the pool, constant chlorine.
I was on an acne pill and topical medications, my face had'nt even been that dry when I was on proactiv! Now I stopped swimming and am no longer taking pills due to side effects. I was reccomended this moisturizer by my derm and was skeptical at first because I felt it weakened my topical creams and such. But my derm said it was fine so I just thought that my skin could'nt get much worse than it was.
Well CeraVe has made my face hydrated and supple. My skin is so dewy and soft I just love it. However CeraVe makes my face EXTREMELY oily. Its bothersome to hear people make jokes about how shiny I always am. Its not that my face is oily its just an effect of the lotion. But thats the only downside, its a great lotion for dry, acne prone skin especially!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by surferbabe09

This moisturizer has done wonders for my skin. I have dry and very sensitive skin and this has completely restored the barrier on my skin so that I am no longer flaky. I like that it is also fragarance free.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by lilymoon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My chin broke out with two large zits after two days' use, and after three days' use my neck--where I NEVER break out, broke out in a large and very red zit. My face never felt moisturized while using; in fact it felt drier and my fine lines seemed accentuated and more visible.For the record, I am 46 and have combo skin with minor adult acne on chin. Perhaps it only works well for the younger crowd? Definitely not for me...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by applecore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Typically I know whether a moisturizer is going to work after the first try or two but this one was deceptive and ended up being the worst product Iíve ever used on my face. Beautypedia rates it very highly and I thought I could save some $ by switching from department store brands. I have very sensitive and dry skin and this didnít burn at all and moisturized well. My skin felt and looked softer and it worked well under spf and makeup so I thought I had found a great and inexpensive moisturizer and was really happy. A few days in, I started to notice a few pin sized pimples (Iíve never had any so small before) in spots I never get any and some red spots that looked like blemish scarring but I hadnít actually had any in those spots. I knew it had to be from this since I hadnít changed anything else in my skincare or makeup but I stupidly thought that it was my skin purging and decided to see if it cleared up after a couple of days. What a mistakeÖ I ended up having the worst reaction ever when I woke up about a week and a half after I started using it! I got a sty on my lower lash line which Iíve never gotten before and itís extremely painful. I woke up to so many pin sized pimples on my upper lip that it looked like a pus mustache and it was painful to even move my lip. It took forever with a blemish tool to pop them all and was so crazy painful my eyes wouldnít stop watering. Under my jaw is now totally broken out as well and itís really hard to access that area with my blemish tool. I can see pimples starting to form all over my forehead too. My face has never looked so awful and felt so painful. Iíve never had much acne before and now I can sympathize with the pain that people who do have to go through. Iím so mad at myself that I gave this the benefit of doubt. I should have stopped using it immediately after the first blemish. This went straight into the trash where it belongs.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No