October 21, 2014 | 2052 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by danialejandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this shampoo! After two bleachings to my entire head, in attempt to correct the hair dressers mess up, my hair was dry and brittle and I cut off 8 inches. I started using this shampoo because a friend recommended it and my hair has become healthier and thicker! It hasn't grown as fast as I'd like but the amount that it has grown looks amazing because of the condition.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovexx

I've finally found my holy grail shampoo! Many people often said that it made their hair grow faster but i didn't really believe that. I've been using it for about two months now and somehow i have noticed a difference in my hair growth, it has grown a bit more than usual not dramatically though. This shampoo makes my hair feel so soft and really clean which i love! And it's so cheap considering you get so much product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by blondesbeautybag

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love Mane 'n Tail products. I started out with the shampoo and I haven't looked back since. When I use this shampoo my hair feels stronger, looks shiny and feels so soft. My hair used to break off and I have definitely saw a decrease in the amount of hair that falls out each day.
I am also growing my hair and since using this shampoo along with the conditioner, I swear my hair is growing healthier, thicker and so much faster!
I would recommend this to everyone.
I have also written a review on my blog about this product http://blondiesbeautybag.blogspot.co.uk/

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by azurelumos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw this product at my local drugstore and there were a lot of it on the shelves so I decided to try it out. My hair is naturally quite oily and I have thick hair. I used it for a week and noticed my hair felt more oily in the mornings, after my hair washes at night. Plus, I noticed only after using this shampoo that my scalp got a lot more itchier and dry after a day if I didn't wash it. I didn't use the product with its conditioner though, it might have been better if I did. Overall, this was one of the worst hair products I have used, and will definitely not repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by macmac0909887

I ABSOUTLEY LOVED THIS! MY HAIR GETS SO SOFT AND EASY TO DO HAIRSTYLES WITH. IT IS DEFINATLEY THE BEST!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by lovelyisntlove

I tried this shampoo for a week. After the first use, I liked the way my hair looked, although it did look a little greasy/waxy, but not only did I break out in cystic acne around my hair and jaw line, but I also noticed huge handfuls of my hair falling out since I started using this. Neither the acne or hair loss is normal for me. The second main ingredient (sodium lauryl sulfate) is extremely comedogenic as well as the sodium chloride. oops.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by shupawoman

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have virgin, fine, straight, hip length hair and I have been using this product for approximately 3+ years.
I was first introduced to the product by a cousin who has thick, curly hair to my mother who also has the same type of hair, and since it as just laying in the bathroom I decided to use it as well. She claimed that it made her hair softer, shinier, and more easier to manage.
From my personal experience this product did indeed made my hair softer and shinier as well as gave it the appearance of being full. Because my hair is quite long and since I do not cut my hair regularly it does get damaged especially at the ends which thins out and becomes prone to split ends. After consistently using the product, I cannot say that my hair became thicker, but it did strengthen the individual strands and i saw fewer split ends. My hair also stopped falling out as often and it just made my hair much easier to deal with.
Recently however I ran out of conditioner and have been using only the shampoo with another brand of conditioner (a deep conditioner actually)...huge mistake. My hair became unmanageable, split ends began appearing all over the place, it was frizzy, and just plain gross.

My recommendation is to ALWAYS use the Mane N' Tail conditioner with the shampoo. The shampoo by itself is perhaps too strong and even when used with a deep conditioner cannot perform like how it's suppose to, most likely because it is also an animal shampoo.
This product is definitely a 5 but because it cannot perform alone I ended up giving it a 4.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by chrissadonner

I bought this shampoo around '11 not really knowing what to expect. I used it in conjunction with the conditioner for about a year, very pleased with the results, but my itching fingers couldnt help but pick up new shampoos that came out, but those really didnt work out for me and weighed my hair down. Brought me back to the Mane 'n Tail shampoo and conditioner duo, I honestly prefer the shampoo with a conditioner other than its corresponding conditioner because I feel like it doesn't moisturize my thick hair sufficiently. However the shampoo is cleansing without stripping my hair and the smell really isnt an issue. The only thing is the huge bottle and unappealing packaging, like seriously ITS A HUGE AS HECK BOTTLE WITH A HORSE ON IT. But I mean thats just me, we're here for the product right? Heh. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Cupcakes13

I love this shampoo! I first tried it back in '11 and used it for about a year,then I switched to different shampoo's. It can be drying if you don't use a good conditioner(I use aussie 3mm.) but helps your hair grow like a weed. I have bought 4 or 5 bottles and it is the only thing a will use for now on!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Colorlicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shampoo was ok. Not better nor worse than the rest. It didn't help my hair grow, but it was moisturising and I liked it. However, I think the formula is made for people, not for horses. Its texture and color is a clue. Also, the fact that it says it's formulated for human scalp. So it's lighter. However, the one that I used afterwards was for horses and it did grow my hair like crazy. No joke. My hairdresser kept being amazed everytime I went to cut my ends. I used to buy that one at a petshop here in Europe. It was called Menforsan, I think you can find it on ebay. I stopped using it last year because my hair kept growing and I didn't need it anymore.
Anyway, the Mane 'n Tail is a good shampoo, it treats the hair nice, and it makes it shiny. But it won't make you have a mane; so if that's your plan, you'll be disappointed.