Mane 'n Tail Shampoo

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 7/23/2013 2:25:00 PM

I have been trying to grow my hair out for a while now. I have always wanted to try the Mane n' Tail shampoo and never got around to it. Finally, I picked up both the shampoo and conditioner at my local CVS. I have wavy thin dry hair. My hair grows fast, but my ends always have damage. Needless to say, this product was talked up a big game but didn't do much for the health of my hair. The shampoo dried my hair out a ton, and left it a weird texture. It made my hair fall out also. I normally try to use sulfate free shampoo, because thats what causes hair fallout but I wanted to try this in my effort to grow my hair. In fact, this shampoo made my hair even more dry and made it SUPER frizzy. I will not buy this product again, and truly believe that it damages your hair more than it makes it grow.

on 7/23/2013 4:50:00 AM

I'm almist done with my second bottle of this as well as the conditioner and have been using it for over a year. My hair is thick and grows slow and for the first 6 months my hair grew about twice as much as usual. I loved it! Now my hair isn't taking to it as much so after I finish the bottles I will be using other products and then coming back to this probably around winter. I really like it and it cleans my hair well and adds a lot of shine.

on 7/19/2013 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have been using the shampoo, conditioner, and detangler every day for the past two months and I LOVE them. My hair has been growing significantly faster, almost two inches so far. My hair is also SO much cleaner looking. I have no buildup at all (I used to have to use dish soap to get my old shampoo out.)
Definitely not too drying, but not super moisturizing either.
I would recommend to anyone willing to give it a try. For now it is an HG product for me.

Lets just say my hair managed to shed a lot so much that it clogged my drain... Hair was left brittle and I will now have to buy hair extensions :( please don't buy.

on 7/12/2013 3:15:00 PM

I did not like it at all. My hair got DRY, very very dry, and did not grow.

on 7/8/2013 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So I may be one of the few where this actually worked on me.

I have wavy thick frizzy hair, when I started using this my hair was around shoulder length, after finishing the bottle my hair was halfway down my back, now my hair is literally touching my butt. btw I have a long torso.

Everyone always compliments on how beautiful and long my hair is (when it's straight), my natural hair is ugly and in need of a great moisturizer which I have not yet found.

Anyway, I would use this as the first thing when I hopped in the shower. I would wash my hair with the shampoo, then wash my hair again with another shampoo (anything from Garnier to Tresame) and then use a matching conditioner as my Garnier or Tresame shampoo.

The smell is not that great, yet it doesn't bug me that much because the conditioner will mask over it. The feel of it is gross but who cares its shampoo. It does foam up great and cleans ok. Which is why I used a second shampoo just to really clean my hair. But I do not lie when I say that it made my hair grow a significant amount in just 1 1/2 months. However, when I told my friends to use it they said they went through the bottle and didn't see much of a difference.

My theory is that I have thick coarse hair...just as a horse does, this was designed for a horses main and tail anyway. So which is why this may have worked on me. All my friends that tried it have thin straight hair.

JUST NO! I don't get the hype, I wished this worked for me. This drys my hair, leaving it brittle. I cannot brush my hair at all, im not a fan of the smell either. The price is not bad, you do get a whole bottle but if it doesn't work, it's useless.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I just got this product today and already it made my hair feel thicker, smoother,and shinier. it's just amazing! But it does show my split ends a little bit but I don't care about that, because it's during the summer and I'm just using this product to grow my hair out long it's at the end of my boobs and I want it to the end of my rib cage! So I think this product my work, so I recommend buying this product! Also I only use the shampoo and I use my own conditioner and I'm going to use this every other day and I bought this at Walmart for 3 dollars I have the smaller bottle. But I would repurchase this item.

on 7/2/2013 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

PROS:
-feels nice
-gives you a clean feeling

CONS:
-has sulfates
-expensive
-doesn't help with hair growth
-strips hair
-frizzes hair a little

I guess it could be a last resort shampoo if you needed some.

on 6/28/2013 11:09:00 AM

This shampoo and conditioner worked wonderfully with me. The only thing about it is that it doesn't work well moisturizing. Everyone has had this problem. I have used this shampoo most of my life. My mom bought it when I was little and we always have the conditioner on hand. My mother has several horses and she rides, but I don't. We haven't bought the shampoo until recently, but I like it. It makes my hair grow and makes it stronger, but it doesn't moisturize. I found a way to get around that. Use Moroccan Oil or jojoba oil or anything that works for you either with the conditioner or after conditioner and that covers your moisturizing. I hope this helps!

Popular Shampoos