July 30, 2014 | 2008 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by xmaac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I live by Olive Oil, it removes my makeup so well and even better than real makeup removers, it not only acts to remove makeup, but I also use it on my eyelashes at night and I've noticed that it does make my lower lashes longer! I sometimes use it as a moisturizer and mix it with sugar for a scrub. Theres so many things you can do with evoo, definetly a must to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by bunnygrl468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Oh my gosh, there's sooo many reviews that could be essays. So I'll just keep it as short as I can.
At first, I started using this as eye makeup remover. And it's GREAT! It might as well be free and it removes all the pigments in an INSTANT.
Now, I also use this as a moisturizer at night. My skin is acne-prone, so when I use anti-aging products, I break out instantly. But with this EVOO, I just DON'T breakout.
It does get a little messy though, so I make sure I have cotton balls, buds, etc.

So it's great. Get it. Cheap for skin care and also, hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by valeeeriaaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I started to use EVOO on my nails as a moisturizer and I must say my nails look amazing . Healthy and shiny . Then I decided to use this as a makeup remover . Holy crap . It is amazing . With just a few drops on a warm washcloth , all my eye makeup came off . It leaves a little bit of an oily residue which I don't mind as I just massage it in . Seriously guys this stuff is great . There is no weird smell and it's all natural . This is a great alternative for makeup remover and moistrizers . Would recommend it . It's worth a try .

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by lisakaminar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been suffering from extremely dry skin for the past year or so. I think it may be due to going on new birth control, or maybe it's just that I'm getting older, but I have tried everything to correct it! My skin has been peeling, flaking, scaly, red, and sensitive. I couldn't wear makeup to cover up the redness because it just accentuated the flakiness.I have spent hundreds of dollars on expensive serums and creams as well as prescriptions from the doctor that either did nothing for me or made me break out.

The worst part is I'm getting married in a month and didn't want to walk down the isle a red flakey mess, so in my last desperate attempt I tried extra virgin olive oil. Wow! I am so shocked! Flakes and redness have already started to clear up. Skin feels soft and moisturized. I was able to put on some concealer today without it looking like a cakey flakey mess. I'm so excited I just want to spread the word of EVOO! Who knew after spending hundreds of dollars on skincare products, the best and least expensive one was sitting in my kitchen cabinet all along.

My advice for this is to decant it into a smaller bottle and apply it to a cotton pad before applying over your face to avoid a big mess. I also recommend just trying a small patch of it on your face first to see how you react to it rather than slathering it all over immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Tango116

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I heat a little in the microwave and dip my nails in it. I rub it into my cuticles a little and let it sit a few minutes. Gently wipe it off with a washcloth. Leaves my cuticles looking great and feeling soft. I also gently rub it on my toes to soften the cuticles.

I mix it with honey then apply to dry or damp hair, wrap my hair in plastic wrap or a plastic cap, then sit in the sun for 20-30 minutes. My hair (long, blonde, fine, highlighted) comes out super smooth. I did this is mid July then went to an outdoor concert and my hair stayed smooth even in the super-hot, super-humid weather.

My hairstylist told me that she learned that olive oil molecules are too big to penetrate the hair shaft, they will just coat it.

The honey can lighten your hair. I have no problem with that as I am a natural dark blonde (7 in a 1-7 chart) and foil it to a lt blonde like I had as a child. The last time I did this I didn't sit outside in the sun and it wasn't as moisturizing - the heat really helps. My hair did brighten up a lot (from the honey). This time I added an egg. Can't remember how much that helped.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by st3f4n42srb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to try olive oil to remove my mascara, as an alternative to using makeup wipes (which make my undereyes burn). Everyone online said olive oil was amazing for makeup removal & that even waterproof mascara would come right off.

...

It didn't work. It hardly took any of my mascara off, instead just coating my eyelashes with oil. *Sigh* I was so sure that it would work! I've tried two different types of olive oil so far, & I will continue to try a few more. Hopefully I'll find one that works. If not, I guess I'll just have to suffer & use makeup wipes..

Edit: I have continued to try it & have had no success. I now succeed in removing most of my mascara, but I end up seriously burning my eyes in the process, despite the fact that they are tightly shut. It also causes me to have blurred vision & sore tear ducts the next morning.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by juicyluvr75

I thought olive oil was gonna be a miracle product for me but it turned out to be a disaster. i got the best olive oil i could and put a small amount all over, after my shower. 30 minutes later, i was leaving oil marks everywhere i sat. The oil just wouldn't sink in. It just sits on the surface. I do admit that it softens my skin though. It's been about 4 hours since i've applied olive oil and there is still residue. My skin is still slippery ):

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a great and versatile product. First of all I love the taste it imparts in food (I sometimes try substituting it with different oils and it just isn't the same)! I also use it to remove all that heavy makeup from my face before washing and wiping the last bits off... No stinging, no irritation (I used to have a sample of Clinique's eye makeup solvent and it stung like hell!). Skincare-wise, I use a small amount mixed with a couple of drops of tea tree oil as a moisturizer... It isn't overly greasy, but I think I should switch to something light and mattifying for the day so that my makeup will last longer. Still, the olive oil/tea tree oil blend works like a charm and I love how my skin looks and feels the next morning!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Precila101

I apply EVOO onto my lashes every night and the results are just unexpected. EVOO seriously grows your lashes, albeit it takes time, about a month or two, to be honest. But they are longer, thicker, and a lot (and I seriously mean it) a lot darker!
Then, for the deep conditioning treatments for my hair. Usually it's just heating it up for about a minute, then applying it from edges of the scalp to the tips of the hairs. Leave it in overnight,wrapped in a towel, then wash off the next day. After rinsing, I notice my highlights much more conditioned and they are practically noticeable. However, for the face, I am really scared to try that, since I have oily and sensitive skin, I have no idea what the olive oil might do, and I am plagued with acne, unfortunately. Other than that, EVOO will always be my holy grail for lashes and hair until my demise. I 100% recommend it to bring hair back to life. :)
UPDATE!!!
Over the course of the couple of months, my lashes have grown thicker and feels a bit more dense. Occasionally, a few lashes fall out here and there, but other than that, I knew my lash strength and growth increased. For the hair part, I quit since the oil tends to stick to my hair, and more strands would fall out in ridiculous amounts. Plus, it's super messy and I have tutoring every weekend morning. It would be super odd to show up with oily hair, not to mention smelly. Other than the down sides, olive oil is something I will surely stick to for lash treatments. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by iEndlessly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my make up essentials in so many ways. I personally use Extra Virgin Olive oil as make up remover, brush cleaner and an exfoliator.

In terms of make up remover, this is by far the best product to remove heavy eye make up including eyeliner, and mascara. I have never had any problems with eye stings or irritation when using this product, and a little goes a long way! I usually pour some of the Extra Virgin Oil on a cotton ball or cotton pad and rub it on my face. It removes all of the makeup. It is oily, and a cleanser is a must.

I also use Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a brush cleaner. By grabbing a dish. I pour half of the dish with the olive oil and the other half with dish washing detergent. The dish detergent will break down the heavy make up particles that have build up in the brushes and the Extra Virgin Olive Oil will help maintain the quality of the bristles. Simply mix the brushes in the mixture and wipe until they are clean.

Finally I use this product as an exfoliator for my face. I usually mix sugar and Extra Virgin Olive oil together to create a paste. Be careful not to overdo the portions or the mixture will be very watery. Apply the exfoliator to a clean face and leave in for about 10-15 minutes. If you happen to get some in your mouth, it isn't a big deal. (The stuff actually tastes pretty good haha) - and then basically you just rinse it off, and cleanse your face once more.

:) Hope this helps