December 22, 2014 | 1743 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 9:39:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

Extra Virgin Olive Oil is one of the best kept beauty secrets for hair. I apply a generous amount into my hair before washing it and let it sit for about 30-45 minutes in a bun. Once in the shower i rinse it out with water and then apply my shampoo and conditioner. My hair feels extremely soft and silky for days after. I do this routine probably once a week and it helps keep my hair healthy and strong. For best results, the highest quality should be used but if you don't want to shell out a bunch of money then just use whatever is in your kitchen pantry :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by gsl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought Josie Maran's argan oil, the smallest bottle for 14 bucks (wow). Used it for about two weeks, didnt see any difference whatsoever. I'd wake up in the morning and I noticed a lot of white flakes around my chin, which happens a lot during the cold months here in Chicago. Anyway, decided to give olive oil a try and boom! Literally, after one night i saw a difference. It's a miracle, im so greatful for this site, otherwise i would of never known! My 19 year old sister suffers from really bad acne so I truly hope this will help her too. Will update on her skin in a few weeks :)

EDIT: I have been using this for a week and I have the nastiest pimples on my forehead and chin. One huge and painful right on top of my lip. Ugh. Not cute. I'm not sure if I'm "purging"...will continue for another week and I'll update.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by simms2013

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! i have hormonal acne which is now starting to clear up since i use benzaclin for my face which is a very strong prescription cream that is the only thing that clears up my acne. unfortunately it leaves my skin dry incredibly dry and a lot of moisturizers didn't help at all and some even burned due to the medication but then i decided to use olive oil since i had use olive oil to remove makeup when im out of my cold cream. ppl don't confuse olive oil with other oils thinking it will break you out it actually is great for acne prone skin and it is the only thing that makes me skin look amazing. it is the most natural thing you can use and the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by AestyPase26

I can't live with out this! I use this in my homemade makeup remover and my skin has seriously changed bc of it. I have a healthier glow about my face before bed now as it really helps break down the gunk from my day.

I use 50% Olive Oil and 50% Witch Hazel in a bottle then shake it up and use a cotton ball to remove all my makeup each night. This is such a wonderful way to help kill bacteria on your skin and gently calm any angry spots. (i.e. Hormonal Acne.)

Just makes sure you really wash your face good to cleanse off any oil residue and you'll be as good as gold!

Took my skin a week or so to get used to this but now it's very happy I use it.

*note* Make sure it's COLD PRESSED when buying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I use it for:

Face oil cleanser
Face oil moisturizer with/without niacinamide
Face oil steam treatment
Face and eye MU remover
Face primer
Body moisturizer, post-shower
Body scrub, with sugar-lime-salt or loofah
Hair conditioner and moisture-sealer, post-wash/rinse
Mittens and tootsy treatment

PROS (so far no CONS):
Non-comedogenic on scalp/face/body
Thin/med texture
Super-fatted
Multi-use and a good back-up for other HGs
Affordable and easy to find/store

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by compacj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it a very good moisturer for your face And it leaves your sking soft and it not only for your face too sometimes I like to put it into the tub on a winter day because it brings all the moisture back to your skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

So glad I found this product on MUA! Always have EVOO in my pantry but I never thought to use it as a beauty treatment. It's cheap and very moisturizing on my wintry skin & hair. How I use it is as an overnight mask for my coarse, frizzy hair which was recently highlighted, I coat my hair with a thin layer and cover it in a shower cap while I sleep. EVOO make my split ends less noticeable and my hair is so smooth when I wash it in the morning! Also use it as a hair serum, just avoid applying it to your roots because it looks greasy...this makes an amazing serum for coarse or relaxed hair and works better for me than anything else I've tried to de-fuzz it. My only complaint is the smell, which reminds me of a deep fryer and it does not absorb completely into my skin or hair. EVOO has been a go-to for me lately for added moisture on my legs and feet. I'm too scared to use it on my face because I'm severely acne-prone and oily, but I use it everywhere else. Love this natural treatment and its my new HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by woodelf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I suffer from extremely dry skin and I use this for foundation primer, night moisturiser, cleanser and eye make up remover and it works wonders.
To clean and brighten my skin.. I use this every morning and night, I massage it into my (makeupfree) face for a few minutes.. then press a hot wash cloth to it for a few more, then just wipe the rest away. It leaves my skin looking so much brighter and smoother! It also seems to exfoliate flakey bits too, AND the blackheads on my nose have shrank.
Also a small amount when used as a primer makes my foundation/bb cream look so dewy and natural, even after powder.. and it stays perfect all day!! I will never waste my money on expensive primers again that do not work!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by joofish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great for using sparingly around the eyes. Be careful, if you over apply you WILL breakout. I would not recommend for breakout prone skin. If you are super sensitive to eye products, this is a great alternative to expensive eye creams that do more harm than good!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by SanyaX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Omgggg absolutely love this product. It cleared my dry skin overnight ! And I mean literally overnight ! I'm totally baffled. I had suffered from dry skin on my stomach , it was a mess so I went doctors and they prescribed me to some cream but obviously it didn't work so I heard extra virgin olive oil works wonders and it did ! Would highly recommend if you have really flaky dry discoloured skin. I am so glad now I found this. My skin feels like a baby's bum !

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No