December 19, 2014 | 825 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Tamsins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely love this and carry some with me everywhere. My cuticles get really dry, especially in winter and this has made a massive difference, much more effective than other oils and balms I've tried. I think it's around 6 which I think is reasonable for the amount you get. Will keep re purchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I like to change my nail polish quite frequently so my cuticles have been pretty dry from the acetone (nail polish remover). I like this because it's a little on the greasier side so it moisturizes and gives overall, softer skin. I like using this on elbows, knees and heels since it has a rich, creamy texture that's good for those drier areas. It is a little pricey, but you get a decent amount and a little dab on each area goes a long way. The scent is quite strong, but smells very lemony fresh and soothing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 8:53:00 AM More reviews by pupster

Bought this to use on my cuticles, but it works for rough dry skin anywhere. I'm actually liking it on my lips because it seems to help with those little lines. You get a lot of product for $15 , so pricewise it's not too bad for Lush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 6:18:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

I love this product! it has improved the condition of my cuticles immensely! i use it on my elbows, knees and heels as well and i am pleased to say that my heels are no longer cracked like they used to be. the product smells nice and lemony (as you would expect) and the whole tub is well worth the money since you can use it for so many things and you don't need much at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by fabulousSHEL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased the Lemony Flutter product finally from Lush. A little goes a VERY LONG way as I use it on my nails and hands all together. My hands are extremely soft after I use this. My nails are noticeably stronger as well.

My recommendations are this: Use it at night before you go to bed. I am not at all a fan of greasy, oily lotions that don't absorb. I also suggest using this with the Ocean Salt as a hand scrub/moisturizer. Use WARM water to rinse off. Then apply a touch more. The warmth of your hands allow the product too seep into your skin better. This helps it too not be super heavy/thick/oily when its on your hands.

I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by dsignrchic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so glad I sampled this product. If you have a Lush store nearby don't even hesitate. Stop by and they'll give you a generous sample. I tried this and overnight my cuticles were dramatically different. I used to use CND's solar oil (also amazing) which was a completely different consistency, but I prefer the Lemony Flutter.
I've been using this nightly for about a month now and my cuticles are so soft I barely use my cuticle remover anymore. My nails are also way thicker and healthy looking.
My one complant is how much pricier it is in the U.S than the U.K ($14.95 vs.5.95). Regardless of the price I think it'll be worth it because it will definitely last me over a year. don't see why people complain about the smell. It has such a good sweet lemony scent I almost tasted it (I didn't I swear!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by mizzcindy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Staple in my nail care routine. I use this one on a daily base, most of the time I apply a thick layer on my cuticles and leave it there for about an hour or so, then rub in the remains afterwards. Works much better that those expensive nail treatments in my opinion. I have very healthy nails and cuticles as a result.
Very versatile butter, I also use this as a hand cream (just a tiny bit, otherwise it can be a greasy mess), on my heels, knees, elbows and other dry bits.
Love the lemony smell too and brightens the nails too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by KerryWalkerNZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product on the recommendation of the girls on the Nail Board, and they were on the money. I wear latex gloves at work all day and have to wash my hands frequently, so I really struggle with dry cuticles. Also, I have the bad habbit of picking at the skin around my cuticles, especially if it's dry. However, I find that if I use LF regularly, my cuticles will behave and I am less likely to mess with them. The product is super rich and moisturising with a very strong lemon (almost like dishwashing liquid) scent. I didn't like the scent at first, but it's grown on me.
I also use this on my elbow and heels to moisturise. And I have CRAZY dry skin under my eyes so I use it there too - all with great results.
I was a bit hesitant about the price, but there is a ton of product in the package and you only use such a small amount. I've had my pot for well over a year and it's still going strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by mellouise

I truly adore this stuff, and give it HG status without a second thought. It smells lemony, comes in a giant 50g pot that will hopefully last well over a year (for me, Lush stuff normally lasts way after the sticker date). I used to suffer with really dry cuticles and hangnails that bled. I'd previously tried Solar oil, Burt's Cuticle cream and Badger balm. This is noticeably better than any of them and is much more cost-effective. It's thick, a bit waxy, mildly addictive (like lots of Lush stuff) and has improved the condition of my hands so much. My search is over! What would be really fab is a 10g lip balm style tin of LF for travelling.

Update: 5/7/13 After suffering with a constantly-splitting nail for a while and very dehydrated nails, the only thing that has cured them is Solar Oil. So I've knocked off a star.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 7:53:00 AM More reviews by astoner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! The good points: I wear it to bed every night. A little goes a long way, so I massage the cream into the cuticles, nails and tips of my fingers. Then I put on my cotton night gloves. In the morning I have lovely soft skin and beautiful nails. It's especially good in the wintertime to prevent cracking. I understand it has many other uses e.g. soften feet, elbows, as a lip balm. It is expensive but it lasts a long, long time! It's good to know that the ingredients are natural. The not so good points: It smells lemony with a hint of bacon grease. It's not something that I can't get used to because the results are great. Would definitely repurchase!