April 24, 2014 | 2021 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by PaulinhaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

bought this today after reading so many great reviews about it... i gotta say it is quite expensive, $15 for a small amout, and it smells gross... like citronella candle to scary the mosquitoes away... but it does work! i have suuuuuuuper dry cuticles, that flakes and hangs... i've tryed pure cold pressed avocado oil and other types of oils, they work only while they are on the skin, after one wash the cuticle goes back to its dryness.. but this lemon flutter thing kept my cuticles very moist... it does work... but smells awfull and i've found it quite expensive...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by love4lacquer

I am a huge nail polisher, and this gets raves for cuticle care. I originally bought one for a friend, but ended up using it and going back to buy one for myself. I loved it the first few times I used it, but now I am not that into it.

I guess it depends how much you use, but for my skin it stays oily/greasy/slimy for way too long after I apply. I try to rub it in as much as I can, but it does nto seem to absorb as well as other products. This may be my skin, so it coudl absolutely work for you, but it just isn't my thing.

I do love the smell, and the container is great, no risk of it squishing out and its reuseable. There is a lot in the jar, and it is a few dollars cheaper in store than online so I was happy with the price for such a large amount. However now I am left with a large amount that I really don't care to use any longer..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This product is really multi-functional! I use it not only on cuticles but also elbows, knees, feet and lips! It works just great and smells really addictive... Not like chemical lemon. It makes skin smooth and moisturized.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Catttt

I gave this several chances because on paper I should really like it. The novelty of Lush products appeals to the niche snob in me and I like all things lemon. It not only didn't moisturize my cuticles, it actually dried them out and created little hangnails and toughened skin around my fingertips. When I stop using this my hands revert to normal. I don't understand it either but for the sake of my hands I can't keep trying to like this product when it clearly doesn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by rabas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This product is fantastic . It keeps my chronic dry lips and elbows moisturized .

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Seabreeze843

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! I was given a sample as a demo the first time I entered LUSH. The lady had me put it on my hands, followed by Ocean Salt and Dream Cream. My hand were nice and baby soft for hours. FYI, I have bad eczema on my hands (they sometimes crack open and bleed in the winter, it's gross), and other lotions make my hands feel greasy. This didn't at all; my "old people hands" stay soft and pretty all day. With continued use, it actually improved my eczema. I recommend the trio (Lemon Butter, Ocean Salt, and Dream Cream) for dry skin. It *is* expensive, but totally worth it. This is also great pre-manicure as cuticle butter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by MARmaladeJay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me start out by saying I used to cut my cuticles. It left the skin around my nails very dry, flaky, with peeling skin around the nail bed. I've stopped cutting my cuticles for the last two months and just started pushing them back. Enter Lemony Flutter! It has left my cuticles and fingertips moisturized to the point where I have no visible dry skin. My skin is smooth and even; something I haven't had in over 10 years!

Overall, I give this a 4, but it doesn't mean I dislike it (read on to see why I gave it a 4). I really like the consistency. It starts out as a semi-solid (think of a stick of butter that's been sitting out at room temperature for an hour) and with the warmth of your body, it melts. It has definitely helped with moisturizing my cuticles. I have less hangnails and my cuticles are so much more happier. I also use this as a foot cream. In addition, I use this after washing my hands. It may be a bit oily for some people, but it does wonders for my very dry hands. It has a ton of wonderful ingredients such as organic avocado oil, shea butter, mango butter, and extra virgin coconut oil just to name a few.

I was so excited when I bought it, that I had to try it on right when I got into my car. The smell, is something I'm getting used to. I'm not a huge fan of the scent as it is super over powering. It's weird because I practically shoved this in my boyfriends nose and he said he couldn't smell a thing. I guess it's just me. Overall, I did give this a 4 because I can't stand the smell, but I love what it does for my cuticles and dry skin.

This tub is 1.5 oz (45g). I'm hopeful this will last me by the expiration date. Would I purchase this again? Definitely!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by melanieeatsghosts

I LOVE this product ! I bought this after seeing many nail swatchers posting reviews on it and after my failed attempt with Burt's Bee's Lemon Butter.
This stuff is GREAT. It really heals up my cuticles (which is awesome, because mine suck) and helps make them and my heels much more... appealing to look at, haha. I only use it before I sleep though, because it's pretty greasy.
I don't like the price though, (maybe I'm just cheap?) it's 12CAD before taxes... And it's a relatively small container. Still worth it though, would totally buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by soupz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got really excited when I read the reviews for this and rushed to the shop to get it! It didn't amaze me at first but I guess its growing on me... It did the job of smoothening my cuticles but didn't seem like it melted down the hard skin on the sides as well as my sally hansen hands nails cuticles creme. However,,, the smell is sooooo good! lemoney with a green tea-ish aftertaste. BUTTTTT after using it for a while it grew on me. because it is a butter, the best thing about it is that it doesn't wash off with gentle handwashings! which is so great for me because my hands are always getting wet and dirty. So will I buy it again, maybe if i haven't found anything better, and if i ever finish this pottle. they should make like a $5 mini pot version!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by amajoh

This is my absolute favorite product by LUSH. It works well on my cuticles, and just about everywhere else, too! I use it to keep my feet and elbows soft, and after receiving a tip from one of the girls in the shop, I also use it as lip balm. Since it is a bit on the greasy side, a little goes a long way. That means that my small tub lasts far longer than any bottle of lotion would. I recommend this product to everyone.