January 26, 2015 | 1017 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, there is not much to add to the reviews below except that pure sugar scrub is fantastic! I usually just splash my face, wipe my hands from excess water and then grab about 1 tsp. of pure white sugar and slowly scrub. Once this turns into a serum-like consistency on my face, I leave it on for 10 minutes or so, as that's when the natural glycolic acids from the sugar work on your skin to exfoliate further. After about 10 minutes I wash my face and apply a moisturizer. I have a normal/combo skin and use it on my face every second day. The key here is to remember to use an "agent" that will eventually dissolve the crystals, because that's when the glycolic acid starts to work. For this reason, I use it just with a plain water. My skin looks just absolutely fantastic since I started using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2009 7:14:00 AM More reviews by rigits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this for years but the biggest thing to remember is to use COLD water! (Add it to the sugar slowly) I sometimes even run an ice cube over my face before I exfoliate. It's refreshing and as much as I love a cheap scrub I don't want sugar water in my pores!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by TheLimerest

This does a wonderful, wonderful job of exfoliation. Love that I can use it on my lips in the shower, too. I break out in places that I usually don't when I use this, however, so I'll probably go back to my old scrub. Great if you're not acne prone like me! I'll still use it on my legs and such.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Raw sugar + maple syrup + strong green tea = cheap and very effective body scrub! I also add a few drops of orange or lavender essential oil or vanilla extract for a more fragrant shower experience. EVOO is also good in this if you want a more moisturizing scrub.
I prefer raw sugar simply because white sugar melts too fast, as noted below. I don't use this scrub on my face since it's a bit too exfoliating.
It's important to keep the consistency thick, so don't have too much tea in it.

It's quite easy and fun to make when I feel like experimenting in the kitchen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love homemade beauty solutions. I recently bought Noxema Daily Exfoliating Scrub and was disappointed when I realized it's more like a cleanser with a couple "microbeads" in it. When someone had recommended putting sugar in a scrub to make it grittier, I ran to the kitchen to try it. It worked very well when I combined the two. My skin felt a lot smoother and I didn't notice any breakouts from using the sugar. I took off a lippie for two reasons. The sugar dissolves quickly, so you have to keep adding more while washing your face. Also, you MUST rinse all of it off. I would recommend using it while in the shower. If you can't rinse it all out, the sugar dissolves into your hair and causes it to be a sticky mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by michele2000n3

I read that Carmindy loves plain white sugar to use on her body and face so naturally I would too:) It is awsome. I use sugaronly on my face every morning and look smooth and radiant. I try to do it on my body as much as possible AND gently on my lips. Soft circular motions is the key

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by TG83

Best body scrub ever. You can use regular sugar and water. Or you can use honey and brown sugar and scrub until you are soft and smooth. I find it relaxing because it is a massage as well.

I do not use this on my face because it leaves a film and causes breakouts.

Remember to rinse your shower down or you might attract bugs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by mayrei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! I never thought this would work as well as it does, but I'll never use a commercial scrub again. It leaves my skin incredibly soft and smooth. I just wet my face, apply a little of a mild cleanser, and then apply a little sugar and scrub gently for about a minute. My skin glows afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 11:21:00 AM More reviews by cattlegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I mix my own sugar and olive oil scrub.I love the way it makes my skin feel and the glow is beautiful. I wondered what the heck I was doing the 1st time, it just had this slick feeling. After drying my face, that feeling was gone and just a glow and softness left. I rub it all over now, using a deep massage on arms and legs using the olive oil to help. Soooo relaxing. I will be adding honey to this now after reading reviews about that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

My HG face cleanser/scrub?... Sugar and kukui nut oil, the oil takes off every trace of makeup (including waterproof mascara) and leaves my skin not feeling stripped of moisture like commercial cleansers. The sugar is a great exfoliator (with a light hand of course). Two products in one step that wont break the bank or break out my face....LURVES IT