April 23, 2014 | 1933 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by mayrei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! I never thought this would work as well as it does, but I'll never use a commercial scrub again. It leaves my skin incredibly soft and smooth. I just wet my face, apply a little of a mild cleanser, and then apply a little sugar and scrub gently for about a minute. My skin glows afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 11:21:00 AM More reviews by cattlegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I mix my own sugar and olive oil scrub.I love the way it makes my skin feel and the glow is beautiful. I wondered what the heck I was doing the 1st time, it just had this slick feeling. After drying my face, that feeling was gone and just a glow and softness left. I rub it all over now, using a deep massage on arms and legs using the olive oil to help. Soooo relaxing. I will be adding honey to this now after reading reviews about that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

My HG face cleanser/scrub?... Sugar and kukui nut oil, the oil takes off every trace of makeup (including waterproof mascara) and leaves my skin not feeling stripped of moisture like commercial cleansers. The sugar is a great exfoliator (with a light hand of course). Two products in one step that wont break the bank or break out my face....LURVES IT

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 7:44:00 AM More reviews by fcb247

mix with olive oil and blackstrap molasses. scrub, leave on for ten min, and rinse off beautiful results!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by batlet2008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OK I had to give this ago after reading the reviews and try it for myself.

I mixed a tsp amount of caster sugar with my cleanser (origins mega mushroom) in the morning. I softly scrubed in it over my face until all the grains had dissloved and then jumped in the shower I left it on for another min and then washed it off.

I then used more caster sugar mixed with olive oil and washed my body and shaved my legs. I wasnt keen on the olive oil smell and it felt a slimey as I washed it off but my skin was soft after and there was no need to moisturise which is great as it such a time saver.

I was very impressed with my fqace afterwards it really glowed so much so I didnt even use my normal brightening complex (that I cant live without) as my skin was so glowly I wanted to keep that.

Overall I think try it for yourself and see what you think I think it great and will contiune to use and report back in a month or so and up my lippies to five if all is still as good as today.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by spiller

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted using sugar on my combination skin's winter-induced dry patches to be my cheap, natural miracle routine, but I instead was another victim of those mini hive-like red bumps - some even later turned into whiteheads.

No thanks.

My skin did feel softer afterward, but not necessarily smoother.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by RainWitch

I use this mostly on my body, mixed with olive oil so it won't dissolve QUITE as fast in the shower. The EVOO locks in the moisture on my skin, and the sugar gets all ther dead scaly bits off my body. I also use for my hands, particularly effective for gardeners because sugar removes dirt and dead skin at the same time! Also dirt-cheap, love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 12:01:00 AM More reviews by rosemont85

Seriously it is the absolute best, it really is unmatchable in so many ways. I remember a few years ago when I first discovered the sugar + extra virgin olive oil combination and how stunned I was with the results of it both exfoliating and moisturizing my skin so quickly and so remarkably well. You have the freedom to mix sugar with almost anything (honey, lemon juice, yogurt) depending on your skin's needs. It works fine on my face too and you could always grind it into finer grains or use brown sugar so it will be more gentler. I had quit the St. Ive's apricot scrubs immediately and I know will probably never buy another scrub again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this since it seemed like a natural, effective, inexpensive way to exfoliate. I used it as a facial scrub one night and after washing it off i noticed my forehead was covered in pesky flesh colored bumps...The next morning I even had more breakouts in random places..I'm really upset I did this and I dont know why my skin was so aggravated but if it works for others, then more power to them. I wish i never did this though cause now it'll be a hassle getting rid of these tiny bumps..ugh

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by TropicalyFrozen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Sugar is the best exfoliator. I normally use it just by itself on my body and face or sometimes I mix it with Coconut oil or EVOO. It makes my skin so smooth and soft when I use it with either one. I mix sugar with oil to scrub my legs then shave afterwards with oil still on, it makes my legs so smooth and easy to shave.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No