Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

HEART: Ginger, Iris, Orange Blossom, Orchid, Plum, Ylang-Ylang
BASE: Amber, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Oh my aching head. This fragrance is an aberation in the eyes of god. If I had loved the scent, I would have been thrilled, because it has the craziest staying power of any perfume I've ever worn. You need a sandblaster and a delousing shower to get rid of this. I kid you not. I put it on for the first time before going shopping at the mall, and I literally had to come home early after a couple of hours, I was so overcome by it. I nearly threw up in my mouth in the car on the way there- with the windows rolled up I was literally basking in the scent of myself, and it was not good. Two squirts, that's all I did, and yet, I wanted someone to put a Japanese sword through me. Mercy killing. Hari Kari. Sepaku. Drink the purple cool aid and call it a day everyone, I swear, this stuff reeks like musty arm pits. It evokes memories of sweating my way through layers of that other puke-orama perfume, Exclamation, in junior high gym class. John Paul Gautier should be put in a dungeon for this monstrosity. It smells like BO, it smells like something trapped inside a wall, it smells like my grandmother, and she's dead. I wish I loved this, and I wish I never put it on. Save yourself 80 bucks and rub tuna juice on your pulse points instead. At least your cat will think it's hot.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is definitely not for daytime or work - too strong, too sweet. However, for evening it's just full of sexiness and very feminine. It's strong so don't put too much on, and it lasts for ages. It IS very sweet, but worn with something elegant and sophisticated, is totally glam IMHO. Oh, and by the way, men love it...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wore this perfume for a while many years ago, although for the life of me now I can't figure out why. It's heavy, slightly vomitous, and muddy, and evokes images of cheap French whores (or, in a pinch, Madonna). The vanilla note overrides the spice for me, and I simply cannot bear the stuff. Yuck.

I used this about 5 years ago until it just got too cloying for me, and that's what it is - cloying, it really makes me feel ill if someone even walks past me with this on now, especially in summer what possesses them? I wore it briefly, mainly because I was seduced by the packaging which is adorable, or at least I thought it was then, these days I detest Madonna so the thought of buying anything which resembles her tarty stage-wear repulses me - I digress. If you love it I can understand because it's pretty unique but to me my disdain for this is only rivalled by that of my feelings for Poison (the 80s fragrance which came straight from the very anus of Diablo himself) I've said enough.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

For some reason, one whiff of this brings forth images of Victoria Gotti. In Leather.
This stuff does not mess around. It means business. I have never felt under-dressed in a scent before, but this one makes me feel like I'm letting it down by not wearing a leather catsuit and lots of clinky jewelry.
Take that for what you will.
Someone once told me that this has the scent of nail polish remover in it, and while I'm not sure I can identify it, it makes sense.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is one fragrance I do not understand at all. I find it vulgar and cheap, very overpowering. Yes, it might indeed be called "sex in a bottle" and probably be well suited for a night out, but I seem to smell this very often during daytime and at work - which I find simply too much (sorry ladies!). While I like Gaultier's "Fragile" and I admire his talent as a designer, I don't understand what can be "classique" about this fragrance. Not even the bottle, which he simply copied from Schiaparelli's "Shocking".

This is one of those "oh, she likes perfume" gifts from my partner. I give this three lippies because it has amazing staying power, it smells good in the bottle and the bottle itself is kicky. Unfortunately, it smells god-awful on me so a pretty smelling ornament on the dresser is all I got for my bday this year.

Nice. I love it at first, spicy, soft and floral but the drydown is sadly quite boring, ordinary vanilla/almond/musk that fades.

A very mysterious and French perfume. A beautiful smoky vanilla drydown. Definitely seductive and attention getting. I've worn this for 10 years and never get tired of it.

I just got this today and gave it a spritz and it was love at first sniff! The first thing that stood out was the rose with some musk. A very nice blend. When it dried down, it was nice and floral with musk to deepen it. A very sexy scent! I think this could be worn year round. The bottle is just as fabulous as the scent! Lovely corset look. Very unique! I could see this being a long time staple.

Popular Fragrances