August 27, 2014 | 1581 users online

Fragrances - Jean Paul Gaultier - Classique EDT

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2005 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Shakeitdontbreakit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For some reason, one whiff of this brings forth images of Victoria Gotti. In Leather.
This stuff does not mess around. It means business. I have never felt under-dressed in a scent before, but this one makes me feel like I'm letting it down by not wearing a leather catsuit and lots of clinky jewelry.
Take that for what you will.
Someone once told me that this has the scent of nail polish remover in it, and while I'm not sure I can identify it, it makes sense.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2005 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Snowwhitie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one fragrance I do not understand at all. I find it vulgar and cheap, very overpowering. Yes, it might indeed be called "sex in a bottle" and probably be well suited for a night out, but I seem to smell this very often during daytime and at work - which I find simply too much (sorry ladies!). While I like Gaultier's "Fragile" and I admire his talent as a designer, I don't understand what can be "classique" about this fragrance. Not even the bottle, which he simply copied from Schiaparelli's "Shocking".

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2005 2:29:00 AM More reviews by lindenleaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of those "oh, she likes perfume" gifts from my partner. I give this three lippies because it has amazing staying power, it smells good in the bottle and the bottle itself is kicky. Unfortunately, it smells god-awful on me so a pretty smelling ornament on the dresser is all I got for my bday this year.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2005 5:08:00 PM More reviews by ahws

Nice. I love it at first, spicy, soft and floral but the drydown is sadly quite boring, ordinary vanilla/almond/musk that fades.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2005 11:33:00 PM More reviews by yellowhairedgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A very mysterious and French perfume. A beautiful smoky vanilla drydown. Definitely seductive and attention getting. I've worn this for 10 years and never get tired of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 5:40:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

I just got this today and gave it a spritz and it was love at first sniff! The first thing that stood out was the rose with some musk. A very nice blend. When it dried down, it was nice and floral with musk to deepen it. A very sexy scent! I think this could be worn year round. The bottle is just as fabulous as the scent! Lovely corset look. Very unique! I could see this being a long time staple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2005 5:33:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't find the JPG EDT that different to the EDP- maybe my nose is too unrefined, I don't know. The EDT is strong enough and long-lasting enough for me. A wonderfully sexy bottle that houses a potent blend of amber, rose, and iris. It kind of all softens up on my skin after a little while and becomes very musky and woody with a hint of vanilla. I love it, am on my first bottle of the EDT (having previously worn the EDP), and will definitely repurchase when the time comes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2005 8:11:00 PM More reviews by RobynA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this scent! Sexy, subtle, enticing! Love it! The bottle is so cool.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2005 10:45:00 AM More reviews by TwinkleKat

This is my favourite perfume EVER! I have been wearing this for about 7 years now.I simply cannot find anything to beat it! It is definatley my signature scent.
Edit: My review is for the EDP.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2005 10:46:00 AM More reviews by DarkElf85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This perfume is it for me! It smells sooooo good!. I received it as a sample, and I thought that it was going to be just another floral, but thank heavens I was wrong. It's just as others have described it as a floriental. The first thing I smell is the Rose that's in the perfume, and when it dries down it has this nice light musky scent mixed with some florals. One little spray lasts the whole day. It is sexy, and you feel sexy when you wear it. This is the perfume for seduction. This perfume IMO suits nighttime better and if you're going to classy events.