October 26, 2014 | 1633 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Natural Deodorant

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2009 12:04:00 AM More reviews by oldjuly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought this would be alright on my skin since it was natural but it gave me terrible rashes. ARGH

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2009 3:34:00 PM More reviews by thlewis

I tried the deoderants at LUSH only to have fire pits that I am JUST now recovering from. Saw this at the grocery store and decided to try. I got the non-scented version. It does help with BO BUT I find I need to reapply during the day or go over it during the day with another non-scented deoderant (I've been using Secret). It's not bad, but I want a deoderant that keeps the BO at bay and I don't have to constantly try to do the 'sniff test' and have to reapply. The search continues....

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 5:07:00 AM More reviews by seniorita

I don't often wear deodorant because a) I don't really need it, b) lazyness, c) hate the smell of most deodorants. But I do wear it every once in a while in the summer when its ridiculously hot outside, and I know I'm gonna sweat like a mofo...Or, when I'm working..I'm a waitress, and I often have to get pretty close to the clients (armpit is basically in the vicinity of their faces when I'm reaching over to fill a glass or whatever) and the last thing I'd want is to have B.O! I don't wear antiperspirant because the idea of blocking my sweat freaks me out..Anyhow, this stuff works great in keeping me fresh, I use the calendula scent (smelled weird in the tube but its actually nice once on.) Sometimes when I don't shower at night, I wake up in the morning still smelling the deodorant, so it definitely lasts on me, though its definitely not an overpowering scent. Its the only tube I managed to finish...took a year and a half...and believe me, I've been to some smoking hot places!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by EyelinerLover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells good, and it's all natural...but that's about as far as the goodness of this product goes. I have stopped using regular deodorants and switched to all natural ones without any aluminum/unhealthy chemicals in them. This one (I got in Lavender) smelled lovely, but when applied was simply terrible. It went on sort of slimy and didn't dry on my armpits, so I just had to put my clothes on with it wet/sticky on my armpits. It also did nothing to prevent any odor, I would have been better off not wearing any deodorant at all because I still had as much body odor, but it simply mixed with the scent of this deodorant, which was far worse than the body odor on its own. Obviously it's not meant to be an antiperspirant so I wasn't expecting it to stop any sweat, but it felt like it made me sweat even more.

I've switched to the Crystal Roll-On Deodorant and that works like a charm.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with another reviewer...Yukkerzzz! I gave two stars being that this is natural and does not contain Aluminum Chlorohydrate. But other than that, using it was not a good experience! I tried several versions of it including the Long-Lasting one, and had slimy wet underarms all day. I ended up stinking at work! I now use organic deodorant from JASON Natural Cosmetics in Tea Tree scent, and it is awesome! I will not repurchase this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by nickiricki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ugh! I hated this stuff. I bought this because my dad said that antipersperant has aluminum in it and blah blah blah. So I picked out the lemongrass one and it smells pretty good but unfortunately, it makes me smell so bad. It doesn't do anything to mask the odor of b.o. I smelled so bad with this stuff. Even if I took a shower and put it on right afterward, I would smell so bad within an hour. And I never ever smelled like b.o. before I used this deoderant. Maybe it messed around with my body chemistry or something but it is just terrible. I'm just gonna stick to using my certain dri. Please, whoever is reading this, don't buy it! lol

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Eww... sticky texture. It has a weird sourish lemon-tang smell to it even though it's supposed to be honeysuckle rose. Waste of money, I don't even care if it covers up body odor because I think it smells gross right out of the container.

It does work on me though, 8 hours later, I don't smell any body odor, it smells exactly the same as when I first put it on (which I still don't like :p) My underarms are still tacky from the stick, but not moist.

I much prefer the Jason tea tree deodorant stick- the smell is better, texture is smoother- not sticky, and it works just as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by kerroppi

didn't work. the smells were great but I smelled like B.O. after an hour literally and I don't even sweat that much. I've switched to arm and hammer's natural version in fresh and it def. does the trick. will not be repurchasing this one tho

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by jeanrainbow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff smelled great but unfortunately, was useless. Worked better as a perfume than as a deodorant. Should really be discontinued, it truly awful. The packaging is pretty and it didn't irritate my sensitive skin though. I would not buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2009 2:49:00 AM More reviews by fairyfloss_x3

This is the worst deodorant I have ever used! I read about scientists finding that the aluminum in anti-antiperspirants could be linked to breast cancer, so I began searching for good natural deodorants. This one was so terrible; I was smelly about an hour after application, and I'd never been a sweaty or stinky person to begin with. I really wanted to like it, so I tried using it for a week or so, but over and over I had that embarrassing b.o. just a couple hours after application, so I decided that I'd had enough of this deodorant. I will continue to look for a natural deodorant that works for me, but this one was definitely a thumbs down.