April 20, 2014 | 1027 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Colour Riche in Fairest Nude

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This a perfect rosy nude l/s for women of color! It is warm toned and very complementary to my skin. Even my husband likes it, and he hates nude lipsticks. It is very pigmented, very creamy and stays on for about 4 hours or so. It has a slight lipsticky smell that all L'Oreal l/s have, but it is not overwhelming and does not bother me. I would def buy this again and do recommend to others.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Thank you MUA for leading me to this lipstick! This is such a great nude lipstick. Fairest Nude is a very subtle and classy color. It's very moisturizing and has pretty good staying power. This is great for day and great for evening with some glossy pink lip gloss on top. It tones down my very pigmented lips while giving them a pretty nude pinkish color. It is a semi matte creamy smooth finish with none of that useless shimmer and sheen that I can't stand. I do not look dead. I love this and this is staying in my purse makeup bag since I can use this day/night! I wanted instant gratification and paid 10 bucks for it at cvs instead of getting it at wallmart
UPDATE 12/21/11 I have tried revlon's soft nude and it does not even compare to fairest nude. I am still loving this lipstick and have fun trying different glosses on top. I would give this a 5 but since they test on animals I'm not. I feel bad that this is my favorite lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by gvmullins

I think a more accurate name to describe the color of this shade would be "Rose Nude" instead of "Fairest Nude". It definitely is NOT a true nude. However, it's still a pretty color that I wear from time to time.

I absolutely LOVE the way Loreal Color Riche lipsticks smell and taste. I saw some other commenters complaining about the smell, so I guess the best thing to do would be smell before you buy! To me it reminds me of my childhood when I'd steal my mom's makeup and try some on. It's a really delicate floral type smell almost? Hard to describe. To be totally honest, that's the real reason I bought this lipstick, because I love the smell so much, LOL. But, I do also like the creamyness it has to it and the color works with my complexion too.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by WenDyPie

If you love nudes, then don't buy this one! It's not a nude!! Even when u open it, it looks brown. Well I guess it can be a nude for some people but it isn't light enough for me. It actually looks like a weird purple light brown with pink undertones. I hate it!!! I wouldn't waste my money on this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by yellowone

I have had this lipstick for years but have only used it once or twice because I am not a lipstick kind of person.

However now that I have found it again I have it in my handbag and try to put it on whenever i remember to. I have a habit of reaching for the lip balm only.

This colour is perfect for the more natural look. Don't have to worry about applying it in front of a mirror. Very creamy and full of moisture!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by lrnm8

I'm in love with the color and texture of this lipstick. It is a true pinky nude and the picture above represents it quite accurately. Perfect for everyday, but also complements smokey looks. However, I won't repurchase because:

- The scent is too strong, in my opinion
- I can't stand the taste of it
- & L'Oreal cosmetics tests on animals!

I'm really disappointed because I thought MAC's Blankety would be a good dupe for it but turns out it's lighter than Fairest Nude. I DON'T want to repurchase because I refuse to support any company that are not cruelty-free, but I'm soooo sad I can't find a dupe for this amazing color! :( If anyone has any suggestions, pleeease let me knnooww!

**Edit: I've finally found a dupe! MAC's Faux, in my opinion, is very very similar but slightly has more pink than Fairest Nude which I love. Though Faux is a satin finish, which has the tendency to be a bit drying, I still prefer its consistency as Fairest Nude can sometimes be so creamy that it looks milky on the lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

A fantastic lipstick for the price, the most gorgeous and flattering shade I have ever found in any line. Why did they delete this, it wasnt even released in NZ anyway such a shame its a winner. I am coveting my remaining half a tube. However I have found a comparable shade for those who are looking for a replacement - there is a Loreal shade called Simply Rose which is a tad darker, or Loreal Made for Me Naturals in Nude is a good substitute, not as opaque and pigmented but the colour is quite similar and gives the same effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by lindyhopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick. It is a great pinkish nude on my lips, and is great for work or some other time I need to look nice but not overdone. The texture is smooth and creamy and it has a slight sheen. It lasts long on the lips but doesn't dry them out. I can't say enough good stuff about this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 6:16:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this color!!! On my lips, it comes out to a baby pink with a purple undertone. I love it!!!! My hg everyday nude lipstick was rimmel's moisture renew lipstick in 'spotlight beige' but this def comes close to it. The formula is very moisturizing and it has a slight sheen to it, so the color isn't completely matte and it doesn't look like you're wearing a crapload of gloss over your lipstick. Love the colour Riche line. Def will repurchase this color and others as well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

On me, this shade looks more like a pale salmon color as opposed to a true nude. That's a good thing considered I am so fair (BB Porcelain shades work for me). My interest in this shade was sparked when I saw a picture of Beyonce wearing this one. She totally rocked the pale mouth thing. Anyway, I paired this with a Revlon Color Stay Nude Liner and topped it off with a Smashbox Pop lipgloss and loved the results. My mouth was subdued yet it didn't look washed out. I liked how the formula felt on my lips..moisturizing but not too heavy. I could do without the fragrance. Why does lipstick need fragrance? So, if you are on a budget, and need a pale salmon lipstick (would work really well with smokey eyes), I recommend this one. Good buy.