December 22, 2014 | 1787 users online

Cleansers - Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product has been baffling me.

I love how GENTLE it is. but, sometimes i feel it is not strong enough to do the job right.

The scent is weird.. but tolerable. It smells like fresh cucumbers which i like as opposed to a highly floral fake scent.

The price is too high.

It does not break me out, which is good, though!

Overall, this is an okay cleanser. Not mind-blowing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

After my face freaked out due to another cleanser, I turned to this. It's lightweight but still a good cleanser, without being stripping or too harsh. The smell is definitely unique, and had to grow on me before I began to like it. To me it smells like soy and sushi, both of which I like but took some adjusting to in a beauty product. It has a jelly-like texture, and I only need a pea-sized drop to cleanse my whole face. I do not use this to remove my makeup so I cannot attest to its work in that area. I do know that after using this, my skin feels refreshed, smooth, and very clean. This is a definite repurchase for me. I do wish it was in a pump bottle, as sometimes with wet hands the cap can be hard/slippery to work with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by abbe4

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just purchased my second tube of this, and plan to continue using it: it's the only cleanser that really cleans, takes off all makeup, my skin stays soft: best of all it has never irritated my rosacea.
The scent does not bother me at all, I was surprised to read it is off-putting for some people. So relieved to have a consistent winner in this, also I was happy to order at their web-site on-line and get free things, good for travel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice cleanser. I don't get the emotional reactions to the scent, though-- it's just cucumber, people! This is a non-foaming, gentle, gel-like cleanser that works well with my clarisonic. I use it in the morning (I use Bioderma Micellar cleanser at night) and get no dryness, stinging, irritation, or clogged pores. Yeah, like all Fresh products, it's expensive, but I use only a dime-sized amount so it's not that bad. It's a good option if you have sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Vivalicious

I really like this cleanser! It washes off make up and dirt well, without being too drying and it has a very nice smell too. overall very nice experience. but its expensive especially in the world of cleansers...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by meeleessa

I really REALLY like this cleanser! It made my skin feel so soft afterward and not tight and dry. My skin felt clean and actually moisturized. The smell didn't bother me as much as the other people reviewing this product. I plan to purchase a full size bottle of this product. (I received this cleanser as a sample from Sephora)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

This stuff stinks-- literally. Glad I got a free sample tube, because after I finish it (if I don't throw it away first), that's it for me. I can't even describe the smell, but it is too strong for my taste and it reminds me of something moldy. This cleanser is not a foaming cleanser, it is gel-like in consistency and has no lather. I have oily skin, so I prefer something that lathers... it makes me feel like it's making my face cleaner. Anyway, if I can't stand the texture and I can't stand the smell, that says everything to me. Good thing I always use a make-up remover wipe before I wash, because I don't have faith that this would have removed the make-up off my face very well, either.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by sheenab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Received a sample of this, loved it & going to buy full size. I personally liked the scent; it reminds me of cucumbers & avocado! Left my skin refreshed, clean, hydrated, and didn't sting my eyes when I removed my makeup!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by therealveal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It smells strongly of vegetation, like a pond or something, but I wouldn't say it made me want to vomit. I think I could get used to it...that is, if I would ever ever EVER buy this. I got a sample from Sephora and was kind of excited at the idea of injecting some soy into my face cleansing routine, but was sorely disappointed. Who knew that soy didn't clean for crap? Hmmm...I feel like I just rubbed some gel all over my face and then rinsed it off. I had to use makeup remover, AND my toner-soaked cotton pad told me I should stick to my Clinique cleanser (which is cheaper, anyway.) OK, no dice for Fresh, sorry.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was given a full size tube of this when I worked at Sephora. It's not bad, but what other posters said is true: it stinks. It has that awful smell of soy, which I can only describe as dirty dishes. Yuck! I'll stick with my beloved DHC Deep Cleansing Oil.