Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

3.7

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Water, Coco Glucoside, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Peg-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Propylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Peg-35 Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, BHA, BHT.

on 11/23/2011 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

(Overview):
I like this cleanser a lot. When used in combination with my other products, it's been effective in preventing the large breakouts to which I'd been accustomed. I'm not currently using it because I'm testing, and finishing, another less expensive but comparable option (Neutrogena Naturals). However, I'm definitely considering re-purchasing the next time I visit a Sephora.

(Length of use):
almost a year, before my current cleanser.

(Effectiveness):
A mild cleanser. I used on my eye area without problems. Does an good job of cleaning away most dirt and makeup, meaning that, while it doesn't leave my face squeaky clean, it does take off most of the everyday dirt and makeup. This level of cleansing is acceptable to me, as my toner usually does the rest. (I judge how well it cleans my face by seeing how much dirt/grime is left over on a cotton pad after using toner...usually there's something with any mild cleanser I use)

There seemed to be no problems removing my foundation, blush, and eyeshadow. Did not remove my mascara (once a Shiseido one, another time generic Sephora).

(Side effects):
It hasn't dried my skin out, and I feel no residue left over after rinsing. Used by itself, it will not prevent my usual break-outs. But used in combination with my other three products (toner, moisturizer, Persagel), I haven't had a major breakout it almost a year, which is big for me...

(Feel):
To me, pleasant. It has the already-mentioned gel-like texture and reminds me a little of Cetaphil. Does not lather, as others already mentioned, which I do not mind.

Light cucumber scent seems pleasant to me.

(My regimen):
A glycolic toner, followed by moisturizer and Persagel (for spot treatment of any potential breakouts)

(My skin type):
Combination to very oily (when indoors for a long time)..depends on the weather. Tendency to break out with large cystic acne if I don't follow my usual regimen.

on 11/13/2011 4:10:00 PM

This is a great product! A good value too. This is not soap based which is a good thing, versus some of the other cleansers out there like Chanel / SKII. It has a natural / home made feel to it, not chemical or medicinal. Extra gentle but is effective at cleansing.

After shaving or scrubbing your skin this product feels amazing. If your looking for a cleanser that will somehow anti-age your skin with the few minutes you have it on your skin, this is not the product (if any exist.) This is an enjoyable / effective product to cleanse.

Revive's Cleanser Gentil Gelee comes second.

on 11/12/2011 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my everyday cleanser, and I was a massive fan. It cleansed my skin well without stripping it, removed my eye makeup without stinging, smelled nice and was all around a happy thing. Since I've moved to a desert climate, I find it a little drying - even with my oily, acne prone skin! It's probably the tap water here. Even so, I've changed my moisturizer and that has helped. I still love this product, but I'm using it only at night. I'm trying out different, more emollient but still oil-free cleansers for the morning ... Still looking for the HG cleanser...

on 10/26/2011 2:28:00 AM

**Okay I have acne prone skin. I'm Italian, very oily acne-prone skin like I said, but sometimes I can get dry too. This product is NOT intended to 'clear breakouts'. This product is intended to nourish your skin while cleansing, reduce discoloration, such as redness and tone and overall soothe your skin as it says on the bottle. IF you want to tame your pimples, which I have been trying to do since I was 9 years old, you HAVE to use other products with this one that are going to #1 exfoliate and #2 moisturize #3 OCCASIONALLY dry out your skin with a mask formulated for acne-prone skin. I would recommend Mario Badescu 'Special Mask for Oily Skin'. Even though 'Fresh Soy Face Cleanser' is NOT necessarily FOR acne, when used in combination with other products it will completely benefit your skin! My skin tone is evening out and becoming much more healthier looking! I couldn't be more excited to continue to use this wash and see the results. I have been using it for about 3 weeks now and I see a HUGE improvement, but like I said you have got to use other products to combat the acne. Basically, using products formulated solely for acne will strip your skin and you have got to be careful because that will cause premature aging, redness and dryness. And another thing, the SMELL and the TINGLE are not going to necessarily be GOOD for your SKIN. There has to be fragrance for you to "absolutely LOVE the smell" of a product and that fragrance is probably going to irritate your skin, especially if you are acne-prone or sensitive. It's going to take more than one cleanser to rid you of acne and this one is an A+. I wish you luck ladies!!!! <3

on 10/1/2011 3:30:00 PM

This was very pleasant. It was kind of like aromatherapy. It smelled so good, like roses. It was very gentle and it left my face feeling so fresh and clean and smooth. It did a great job of removing my makeup, even my waterproof mascara. Too bad it didn't really help with my breakouts.

on 9/19/2011 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This was just an ok cleanser that didn't make my skin feel tight after washing. No breakouts, didn't remove mascara (non waterproof) like it states on back label. Nothing special especially being $15.00 for 1.7 oz. I am not sensitive to scents but, didn't find this great smelling. This cleanser was just ok. I take my make off with a makeup remover wipe prior to cleansing my face and didn't like to still use eye make up remover to remove the mascara left on my skin after I washed my face with this. I will not repurchase for reasons stated above I think there are better cleansers out there for that price.

on 9/13/2011 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I was excited to try this cleanser out seeing so many positive reviews, and it has greatly disappointed me. Let's start off with the price, it's $15.00 for a small tube at Sephora, and in my opinion for what this does is not worth the price. It does leave my face feeling somewhat clean and soft but I agree with the others that say it doesn't get the job done, I don't feel the tingle or anything after using this and quite frankly I haven't noticed that this has done anything to clear up my face over the few weeks I've been using it. So I will not be re-purchasing.

This is a great daily cleanser! It's not drying and it leaves my skin feeling clean. It does not lather much at all. But if that isn't a concern for you then this is a go. At first it smells sort of....different. Like wheat and rice or oatmeal. I'm VERY picky when it comes to scent and the scent of this product does not bother me because it fades away moments after you use it. The Soy cleanser has pushed my Aveeno to second place because it has MORE Soy and natural ingredients which I like :-).

on 9/2/2011 6:38:00 PM

Breaks me out and dries out skin. Doesn't remove makeup well. Very disappointed... For those with acne prone skin I would recommend Neutrogena acne stress control foaming cleanser and if you want something that is good for removing makeup and isn't drying, Purpose gentle cleansing wash is amazing. Both are way better than Fresh soy face cleanser.

My HG: this is absolutely the most pampering, gentle cleanser and is a dream for eye makeup removal. The ingredients are all natural. My mother and boyfriend have both told me that my skin smells nice when they go in for the kiss on the cheek =)

The trick (answering to some complaints) is to use it in conjunction with a microfiber towelette instead of just trying to rinse it off.

Right now I am "rationing" the last little bit because unfortunately Fresh doesn't ship abroad and I just tried out Vichy 3-in-1 (slight disaster). My related lament is that I can go through an entire tube in less than a month. It's not a lathering product, so a little does *not* go a long way. But when I get back to the US, there will be no other cleanser for me.