April 16, 2014 | 1834 users online

Cleansers - Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Works pretty well on my combo and sensitive skin. Not too irritating. Mild but cleansing.

CONS: Expensive. Maybe not quite cleansing enough when I am acne prone or more prone to clogged pores. I would not call this a makeup remover.

ALTERNATES: I've fallen in love with Paula's Choice Moisture Boost cleanser (followed by her CLEAR exfoliator/toner. Very little foaming but no dry flakes or irritation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Duster

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love to use this in winter when my skin is really dry; it cleans without leaving any dryness. However I find it won't remove some eye makeup and I have to use eye makeup remover. Other than that great product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2010 5:53:00 AM More reviews by limelipgloss

I got this in a deluxe sample from Sephora, and after using it a few times, I've decided I don't like it. Like a lot of reviewers, I found the smell kind of unpleasant and the slimy gel-texture of it didn't appeal to me either. It didn't leave my face feeling very clean. It did remove all of my makeup but I didn't like the way it left my skin feeling after I rinsed this off.

I also noticed a few areas that started to break out a bit after using this but I thought it could have just been hormonal, until the same thing happened after each time I used this product.

I won't be using this one again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this for removing my makeup and cleansing my skin at the same time. It works great to remove 99% of my waterproof liner and mascara and it is also very gentle. Leaves me feeling clean but not that squeaky clean stripped feeling. A little goes a long way so one tube lasts forever. It is kind of a slimy sort of feeling but I don't mind at all. I always go back to this cleanser!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Allmacedup10

I loved how fresh this product smelled but it was a goopy sort of gel that didnt seem to do much at all for my skin. It didnt get rid of acne and didnt clean my skin so well when used in conjunction with my clarisonic. Very expensive for something that didnt seem to do anything.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cleanser didn't work at all for me. I didn't like the feel of it on my skin...thick and almost no foam. It seemed to leave some kind of "film" on my skin, in a bad way, and I didn't feel clean, After using it twice, my chin started breaking out terribly., This may work for some, but on my dry, rather sensitive skin, it was a no go.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by cutem3w

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The smell of this cleanser is strange and not very appealing. It doesn't foam up very much as muich as I'd like my cleansers to. However, it's is very gentle on the eyes and does not burn when you take your eye make up off. It leaves my skil moisturized and helps remove make up with out drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2010 4:25:00 AM More reviews by cupidger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought the small size ($15) to try it out. A mild cleanser for sensitive skin. Does not dry my skin out, but does not help to reduce the redness on my cheeks. Downside is the smell, which has a cucumber smell which i dislike. I may buy it again but most likely will keep to my clarins cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a truly wonderful product. It is nearly impossible to find a cleanser that meets my requirements, and this does - exceeded expectations in fact.
Basically, I look for a cleanser that will clean (some leave a film or just don't clean my pores!) while not stripping the skin (most cleansers leave my skin tight, dry, with white patches after using a while.) My cleanser also must be SLS free, and it's a huge plus if it will actually remove makeup.
Well the Fresh Soy Cleanser does all of this! this makes it valuable indeed, though I'm not happy about the $38 price tag...a little excessive, but I haven't found something that leaves my skin looking and feeling this good, except for a Bioelements cleanser that's the same price anyway. If you look at the ingredient list, it has some very good ingredients, so that counts for something!
this is also great for travel because I can just take this one cleanser instead of taking a morning cleanser and then a separate cleanser for evening for makeup removal -this does both, AND doesn't dry out my skin! A lot of people complain about the scent - I don't mind it at all -it smells just like fresh cucumbers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

SUPER perfect for DAILY cleanser. ( sooo mild , making my skin soft)

- not suitable for removing thick make-up , you should use EXTRA eye makeup remover. so i give 4 stars

i'm gonna use it as my daily cleanser.
this one is much smoother than "philosophy purity" cleanser and works as much as purity.