Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Mica. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Gives more depth(?) than the matte but isn't completely shiny like o-glo although it can still be seen slightly. I find coverage to be almost like the matte.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I thought I would love intensive better in this product because I love a foundation with alot of coverage. But This formula covers well! I do have to use concealer but It covers majority of my flaws and gives me a healthy glow. I spray a fix spray after and it takes away the powder look. It looks like my skin is amazing! I am a mmu adict now. I will still continue to use mac for my eye stuff since i hate loose e/s. I love love love this stuff sooo much better than BE! For reference I am a NC15/20 and I use Fairly light Neutral and I only use three light layers of this to obtain medium coverage.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is probably premature to write this. I got the sample size in semi-matte and original glow, both in fair. I expected to prefer the OG but I actually much prefer the Semi-matte!

It still has a subtle healthy glow, but not the shimmer like OG. The coverage is quite good. It covered the redness in an annoying acne flair up on my chin well. It felt good on my face, like I was wearing nothing. It didn't itch like Bare Minerals did (I know, Bismuth). It blends right into skin.

The only complaint I might make is it did wear off around my nose, where I have some redness. And not even completely because it wasn't showing through fully.

When I run out of the trial I plan to buy the full size. And I look forward to trying other products by them as well.

I really began liking this. Unlike most people who gave negative ratings, this did not break me out, in fact it cleared up my skin, since it stopped me from using the crap I used before.
No, the issue with EDM is the fact that it oxidizes on me, like badly. I thought all I had to do was wear a lighter foundation. So instead of light medium, I wore light or light neutral. With light medium, within half an hour I was significantly darker and orange. It was working pretty well with the lighter foundations, but instead of oxidizing and stopping at specific tone, it just kept making me darker and more yellow throughout the day, I think the more I sweat the darker it gets and it doesn't help that I live in a very humid place.
Plus it cakes, doesn't really cover my scars unless I wear it wet. And the weirdest thing is a lot makeup can control my oillies, this actually makes me oilier faster and in crazy amounts. Usually I'm okay with my oily skin because it gives me a glow instead of making me greasy, but this just makes me greasy, even on parts of my face that arn't typically greasy.
I really really wanted this to work on me, but the oxidizing, I cannot handle that. This is probably my favorite formula out of all them. I think the worse in terms of oxidizing is intensive.
If they make sure that it doesn't oxidize I would definitely buy this product again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is definitely my holy grail for makeup.
FIRST:
If you get the samples, use a pair of tweezers to get the little piece of plastic off the holes. It can take a little work, but it's easier than any other method I tried.
PRICE:
The price is a little much for only .19 oz/5.5 grams (this is the size of the Big base) at $12, but for such an outstanding item, I don't mind paying the price.
PACKAGING:
The packaging is a little different, but I like it. When you open the lid, there are eleven little holes that sift the makeup out, a little dial you can slide over the holes (to prevent spillage, I assume, but it doesn't do it's job very well as some powder always leaks out, but stays in the container),and a nice deep lid where you can sift the makeup to help swirl it on to your brush better.
OVERALL:
This makeup is fantastic, and the website is even better. You can order samples for fairly cheap (five dollars for a sample 4-pack of bases, but you can get a free pack of bases after adding 1-infinity to your cart). It has a flawless coverage and stays put. My favorite base is the semi-matte because it controls shine (and I only need to blot once a day), but doesn't look flat (like intensive and matte seem to do to me). Everyday Glo was nice, but I'm too oily to use it for long periods of time.
NOTE:
You'll have to buy a brush to use this because it doesn't come with one. Also, make sure you order correctly, because customer service isn't timely and will not allow you to change your order if you request to move from one shade to the next, EVEN if your order is still in the processing stage (as mine was). Learn from my mistake and be certain of your order. OH, and shipping was very quick and I used the Priority Mail method (which cost me $5.70).
**********EDIT: 12/4/2013**********
I gave up on this makeup and the company several months back and switched to a drugstore brand. I started to have major problems with the company not honoring free product promotions that were added to the cart and stated as processed. However, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. After switching to Almay, my skin hasn't looked as clogged as it used to. I never thought there was an issue there before, but after the switch I did notice a pretty big change. I won't use this makeup ever again, but mostly because I found something better (and cheaper/more easily accessible).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am a huge fan of Everyday Minerals makeup, mainly because of the all natural ingredients, the 'no makeup' feel you get after application, and the amazingly cheap price for a good quality product. The foundations come in different finishes - semi matte is my favorite, because it provides buildable coverage, has a slight sparkle for a dewy look, but not too much, and its good for my combination skin. The makeup is good quality (very finely milled), and I found my absolute perfect shade in olive-golden medium. I couldn't ask for better. This foundation never breaks me out, and thats very important to me. It also lasts all day.

Cons: skin has to be well moisturized and scrubbed before use otherwise it will excentuate dry spots and doesn't stick to skin as well. Also for some who require quite a bit of coverage this isn't the best formulation - intensive formula is for you.

I purchased Everyday Minerals because I heard good things about them and they are so much less expensive than many other brands. I loved the pricing and I loved that on the website you can order 5 samples for free to find your perfect match! This helped me out SO much, I found my shade easily. The color matches my skin perfectly and looks natural on. It has nice coverage; I am acne and it covers the redness very well and doesn't feel heavy. I really have no complaints other than it may have broke me out. I can't be sure because I'm always changing products and trying new things, but the only reason I think it may be the make up is that when I am having a fairly good 'skin day' and I wear it I always end up with a couple new blemishes at the end of the day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been mixing the Fairly Light shade with my BE foundation recently, and I've found my skin is less oily looking throughout my t-zone versus just using BE on its own. I like the coverage I get with BE, but I haven't used EM by itself yet, so I don't know how well it's going to camouflage acne scars. I also have this formulation in the shades Light and Golden Fair. I really like that the powder is creamy and blends nicely to cover redness. I might just buy a full size EM foundation and replace the BE if I decide I like it better on its own, but for now I like the effects I'm getting from mixing it with BE. The formulation seems to clump together a little bit when you tap it out, but I suppose if it weren't for the moisture in this product it wouldn't work as well.

I really like this foundation so so much i have oily skin and this foundation helps a bit i mean i do still have to blot every hour or so but after i blot it looks fine it doesnt last all day but long enough that by the time i go home from school it still looks decent =) i also use the mint concealer (sample size) and it lasts me about the same time as the foundation (big jar)
and it covers really really (i have acne and alot of red acne marks) and you cant even tell. alot of people are surprised that i wear make up because it looks so natural (well when i dont have that bad of a breakout) lol

This is the best, most natural color match I've ever had for my fair skin when it comes to foundation. Got this in fair. No harmful ingredients that might irritate my mild rosacea. I was worried that semi-matte might be too irridescent or too heavy looking, the two flaws I've seen in mineral makeup brands, but it's a very natural looking formulation that isn't too heavy looking or irridescent. And, in the very distant future when I run out of this, I will buy more.
So, why the score of three? Like all of EM products, it doesn't stay all in place the whole day through, not my whole face, just the few oily spots I have. Given that this is winter, I can only imagine what this problem will be like in warm weather here in the Southern part of the US. Because of this problem, I tend to just use the pink pick me up and some natural reflections powder for everyday stuff--the pick me up has the same problem, but being lighter in coloring, the problem isn't as noticeable as with the foundation. And of course, with all EM products, they really need to work on packaging--a good portion of the time I spend applying any EM product is spent trying to get out enough product without making a big mess and wasting product rather the actual putting it on my face. As I've said of all EM products, I really think they should develop purse-friendly pressed versions to do touch ups to deal with the melt problem in oily spots.
But even with these problems, I have to say EM is really great at formulating natural looking shades.
If you're a fair skinned woman with cool undertones with a bit of redness who wants a very natural look, I'd recommend the pink pick me up. But if you're that skin type and you want more coverage than redness neutralizing, yes, this foundation is great in terms of color match, just be prepared for possible melting in your oily spots. Though to be fair, I've noticed this issue with all foundations with all brands: you seem to have to choose between it looking natural or lasting all day.
Update: I've switched the would you buy this again rating to No, but am keeping the overall rating the same. While they haven't done anything to this product, I've found EM has discontinued other products of theirs that I relied on and I don't want to use a brand that might discontinue something. Also, since using Avene cleanser and moisturizer, I've found I need to less coverage and use the EM finishing powder only along my t-zone instead of using this foundation. So, when I use up my EM stuff, I'm going to switch to Alima or Jane Iredale for my light coverage needs. (I already use and love RMS concealer for the undereye area and LOVE it.)