November 28, 2014 | 1843 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Finishing Dust

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2006 9:33:00 PM More reviews by 4321lauren

A great product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2006 4:17:00 AM More reviews by luvhunni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is nearly the same as Bare Escentual's "Mineral Veil," except it contains much less ingredients. But they give the same effects.

I used to think, what's the point of a sheer, white powder? I honestly thought it couldn't help my skin or make any difference. However, I noticed that when I wear the finishing dust, my sister would say "Your skin looks so smooth!"
There's something about the finishing dust that makes your makeup look so perfect and refined. It really does make your skin smoother. I like to wear this right after I moisturize my skin and right before I apply my foundation. If my blush is a bit too dark, I like to put a little on to even out my skin. It's a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2006 9:35:00 AM More reviews by anek1977

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is remarkable. I love EM and have been obsessively buying foundation and blushes in shade after shade, but I was skeptical of this dust. I finally broke down after reading the reviews here, and I was so impressed I felt compelled to write my own review. My pores look much smaller, no oily breakthrough during the day at all, no melting of makeup. My skin feels silky smooth all day, not greasy, and just like the name says, I look "finished". I use the premium kabuki blush and it goes on perfectly.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2006 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Chickeys

I got a sample from EM after reading the rave reviews here, but I guess it's for more oily-skinned gals. It felt really cakey on my skin and thick, no matter how much I tried to apply it lightly. I guess I don't produce as much oil as this is intended for....just not the product for me. Good price though! Recommended for oilier skins.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2006 11:17:00 PM More reviews by bethainy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

MY HG LOOSE POWDER! I love this product so much! It's perfect for setting my liquid concealer, and for dusting over my liquid or mineral foundation to control oil. I usually don't have to touch up with pressed powder until the evening sometime when it really doesn't matter for me. It's so light and it has no color, that's awesome. Try it, you won't waste your money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2006 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C

This i got as part of the free sample kit.I have tried the bare escentuals before with awful allergic reactions so that said i dont believe i would have tried this without reading the great makeup reviews by all the previous reviewers. Added to that this company offers a free sample kit-you pay about $3 for S&H only.I have DSPW.
Initially i put on the foundation without applying moisturizer and my face felt bumpy and coarse. The next day i applied the foundation using a generous amount of moisturizer before foundation along with a spritz of the avene thermal water between the foundation and the finishing dust and WOW. No bumps, no coarseness-my skin feels smooth, my skin tone is even, the staying power is incredible, i havent needed any touch up at all. I can rub my face and it does not come off-i have no problem taking it off at night. Normally my pores are a little clogged but with this i notice a significant decrease in pore size with my makeup off. I probably wont have to use the DDF sulfur mask that frequently.
Awsome-would definately recommend.
The price is $10 for 13g.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2006 3:41:00 AM More reviews by saffrony

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in a sample pack and didnt even pick it up and use it for a month! When I did finally get round to using it I thought wow this is great. I use Avene 40+ spray and find it a bit shiny,oily. I apply this a few minutes after applying my sunscreen (before makeup) and it really mattifies my sunscreen. In fact I find it only works to do this when I apply it before makeup. When I tried it after applying my MMU it just wasnt the same. I seem to need less MMU when I use this first as it seems to make my skin look better even though its very light in colour. I will be buying a full size of this for sure:)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2006 10:15:00 PM More reviews by maritesRN

I purchased this along with the starter kit and loved how it made my skin matte but not ghostly. Unfortunately, my skin developed little bumpedy bumps and they stopped when I realized it was the finishing dust contributing to them. It was probably the cornstarch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2006 7:40:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this all natural mineral finishing dust! It absorbs oil and looks great. It looks so great even all by itself, my husband said, so why do you go through all the bother of applying foundation and blush and concealer and bronzers and a whole lot of etc.? Why don't you just put on the finishing dust and nothing else? Already makes you look like you have perfect skin all by itself! So I told him, unfortunately this finishing dust doesn't have an SPF, that's its only drawback. Oh yes, that and the fact that it has corn starch, but this excellent company is developing a new formula with no cornstarch. This is THE BEST mineral makeup company for skin makeup (I prefer another company, Fyrinnae (www.fyrinnae.com) for mineral eye shadows), it's also cheaper, so save your money gals, and go to everydayminerals.com! Cheaper does not mean lower quality, it actually has much better quality than more expensive brands. What more could you ask for? Cheap AND great quality!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2006 10:07:00 PM More reviews by sgidaho

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

UPDATE 9/17: Ok I looked at my face after using this... up close and with my glasses on and I have to say WOW!!! I hadn't noticed before but this stuff also made my pores disappear and made my makeup appear more blended. I am utterly SOLD for sure now. A can't live without it since I am going to use this makeup. END UPDATE> I received EM Finishing Dust in my second sample kit still trying to find my colors for my skin tone. I love the Intensive formulas. Their coverage is excellent. I tried Finshing Dust right away since I have been dealing with a bit of oily breakthrough in the middle of the day in my T-Zone. This stuff is fantastic. It instantly turned my face silky to the touch and stopped the shiny breakthrough. Freshened my makeup without adding weight or build up and made my makeup look like I just applied it. This is a keeper. I will buy this in my full size kit for sure.