Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 10/14/2006 1:28:00 AM

I really, really, really like this stuff. It very nearly rivals my beloved Jurlique Silk Dust in terms of effective mattifying and as a finishing powder.

I use this on top of my Everyday Minerals MMU. Being that it's mostly cornstarch, it has a wonderfully fine, silky texture and offers a soft veil of powder rather than that overly made-up chalky look. It smoothes everything out and controls my oilies pretty darned well (at least, until mid-afternoon when I need to blot, but even then it doesn't look too bad). I do have combination skin and it's Fall now, so perhaps this stuff won't hold up as well in the hot, humid summer. I especially like that this doesn't pale me out (despite its appearance in the tub) because of the extremely fine texture and light coverage. Plus, it's completely natural and free of weird ingredients and it's pretty inexpensive to boot. Definite repurchase.

on 10/4/2006 9:33:00 PM

A great product!!!

on 10/4/2006 4:17:00 AM

This is nearly the same as Bare Escentual's "Mineral Veil," except it contains much less ingredients. But they give the same effects.

I used to think, what's the point of a sheer, white powder? I honestly thought it couldn't help my skin or make any difference. However, I noticed that when I wear the finishing dust, my sister would say "Your skin looks so smooth!"
There's something about the finishing dust that makes your makeup look so perfect and refined. It really does make your skin smoother. I like to wear this right after I moisturize my skin and right before I apply my foundation. If my blush is a bit too dark, I like to put a little on to even out my skin. It's a great product!

on 9/29/2006 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is remarkable. I love EM and have been obsessively buying foundation and blushes in shade after shade, but I was skeptical of this dust. I finally broke down after reading the reviews here, and I was so impressed I felt compelled to write my own review. My pores look much smaller, no oily breakthrough during the day at all, no melting of makeup. My skin feels silky smooth all day, not greasy, and just like the name says, I look "finished". I use the premium kabuki blush and it goes on perfectly.

on 9/29/2006 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a sample from EM after reading the rave reviews here, but I guess it's for more oily-skinned gals. It felt really cakey on my skin and thick, no matter how much I tried to apply it lightly. I guess I don't produce as much oil as this is intended for....just not the product for me. Good price though! Recommended for oilier skins.

on 9/28/2006 11:17:00 PM

MY HG LOOSE POWDER! I love this product so much! It's perfect for setting my liquid concealer, and for dusting over my liquid or mineral foundation to control oil. I usually don't have to touch up with pressed powder until the evening sometime when it really doesn't matter for me. It's so light and it has no color, that's awesome. Try it, you won't waste your money!

on 9/26/2006 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C

This i got as part of the free sample kit.I have tried the bare escentuals before with awful allergic reactions so that said i dont believe i would have tried this without reading the great makeup reviews by all the previous reviewers. Added to that this company offers a free sample kit-you pay about $3 for S&H only.I have DSPW.
Initially i put on the foundation without applying moisturizer and my face felt bumpy and coarse. The next day i applied the foundation using a generous amount of moisturizer before foundation along with a spritz of the avene thermal water between the foundation and the finishing dust and WOW. No bumps, no coarseness-my skin feels smooth, my skin tone is even, the staying power is incredible, i havent needed any touch up at all. I can rub my face and it does not come off-i have no problem taking it off at night. Normally my pores are a little clogged but with this i notice a significant decrease in pore size with my makeup off. I probably wont have to use the DDF sulfur mask that frequently.
Awsome-would definately recommend.
The price is $10 for 13g.

on 9/26/2006 3:41:00 AM

I got this in a sample pack and didnt even pick it up and use it for a month! When I did finally get round to using it I thought wow this is great. I use Avene 40+ spray and find it a bit shiny,oily. I apply this a few minutes after applying my sunscreen (before makeup) and it really mattifies my sunscreen. In fact I find it only works to do this when I apply it before makeup. When I tried it after applying my MMU it just wasnt the same. I seem to need less MMU when I use this first as it seems to make my skin look better even though its very light in colour. I will be buying a full size of this for sure:)

on 9/25/2006 10:15:00 PM

I purchased this along with the starter kit and loved how it made my skin matte but not ghostly. Unfortunately, my skin developed little bumpedy bumps and they stopped when I realized it was the finishing dust contributing to them. It was probably the cornstarch.

on 9/24/2006 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this all natural mineral finishing dust! It absorbs oil and looks great. It looks so great even all by itself, my husband said, so why do you go through all the bother of applying foundation and blush and concealer and bronzers and a whole lot of etc.? Why don't you just put on the finishing dust and nothing else? Already makes you look like you have perfect skin all by itself! So I told him, unfortunately this finishing dust doesn't have an SPF, that's its only drawback. Oh yes, that and the fact that it has corn starch, but this excellent company is developing a new formula with no cornstarch. This is THE BEST mineral makeup company for skin makeup (I prefer another company, Fyrinnae (www.fyrinnae.com) for mineral eye shadows), it's also cheaper, so save your money gals, and go to everydayminerals.com! Cheaper does not mean lower quality, it actually has much better quality than more expensive brands. What more could you ask for? Cheap AND great quality!

Recommended for Normal Skin