July 26, 2014 | 1890 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by sweetmalinche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

PREMISE: *Sigh* You know, I really got to stop watching YouTube. It makes me want things that I might otherwise pass on. (Again, read my Flurry of Fun review.) The sad part is that in my "real" life, I rarely succumb to peer pressure and yet, when it comes to makeup, I can't seem to stop myself from jumping on the bandwagon. PRODUCT REVIEW: It's coral. I like coral. I don't love coral, though. So why the hell did I pay $28 for something I just "like"? It's pretty, but in some light it reminds me of mineralized version Marine Life sans the gold overspray (and oh how I loath Marine Life). When the MA put SR on my freckled cheeks, it looked nice, but nothing special. I have other blushes that I adore more than this. (And it doesn't appear to be anything that couldn't be duped with a mineralized blush and highlighter.) ANALYSIS: So why did I buy it if it's just ok? It's that whole "limited edition" factor. I had the same conversation I had with myself when I saw the Alice in Wonderland BOS at Sephora. "Everyone wants this so it must be great. It's so limited, I am gonna be kicking myself in butt if I don't get it now." All of sudden, the "okay" looking coral blush became a "must have." PROFOUND QUESTION: With that said, I don't want to return this because I am not sure what MAC does with returned products, and I would hate to see such a desired item end up in the dump. (This riddle is much like that of socks in the dryer: Does anyone know where returned MAC products go?) ACTION PLAN: I am gonna put this up for swap and see if I can get hard to find items on my wishlist. If in a few months I don't swap for this for something I adore, I will use it. Stereo Rose is not horrible, just not wonderful. BOTTOM LINE: Dear Stereo Rose, I was in lust with you earlier today. You gave me heart palputations and flushed cheeks. What more could a girl ask for? Those moments of passion have proved to be fleeting, as lust often is. Stereo Rose, my little coral butterfly, I am going to send you out into the world in the hopes that you find someone to love you the way I can't. And if in the end, you remain with me, then I guess it was meant to be....Not to ruin the poetry of this moment, but I have to make this clear: If you do stick around, Stereo Rose, don't be mad if Light Flush gets a lot more action than you do! :)

32 out of 43 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by L8kersKB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't sure how this one would show up on my NC50 skin, but I am glad I lucked out and got this one. I love the way it imparts a nice glow on my face. I can see this lasting for a long time, because it doesn't take much. I'm sure this will look nice layered with other blushes well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by girrl65

I don't get what the hype is with this, and honestly after trying it, it is not suitable for my fair complexion. I don't know why so many people are going crazy over this because it seems too dark for a lot of people. Even the MAC SA counter thought so. The actual product is pretty, and if I had medium to dark skin, I could totally see trying to obtain one. But on me, it was very dirty and brown. I prefer Petticoat better!

Funny story.... the MAC SA said that this morning, there were 3 ladies waiting when the counter opened. They all wanted Stereo Rose. Well, they only got in 2. That SUCKS for the 3rd lady.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by loci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Not sure about the hype, I guess its probably because this is the first re-release of this MSF.

It was sold out in the MAC near my house but I asked the MAC lady to show me the tester so I can take a look. It was really pretty coral orange color in the pan and I like the look of it. I then swatched it but found out it was really frosty to a point that might look off as a blush if you need to build up the color with more than 2 swipes, but it was also clearly too dark as a highlighter. Maybe it would be perfect for a fair skinned lady, but for me I still prefer a less frosty blush. Colorwise, I'm pretty sure you can find a similar coral blush somewhere and just jazzed it up with some highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Do I like this? Yes. Do I love it? Eh...Do I get the hype? Maybe. Overall on my NC30 skin this is a pretty coralish blush though it is a lil frosty for my taste. I would say for a coral blush I prefer springsheen, coralista, or hipness to this. I think its worth $28 but not the money its going for on Ebay. Not HG status IMO

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by juicy69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I called my counter the morining it released at 11:15am and had this put on hold, and it was the LAST one! There was sooo much hype, I just had to see for myself. On me it is beautiful! I am always searching for the perfect coral/peach blush and this one fits perfectly! On me I see no pink at all. It is golden peachy coral. It is not overly frosty either. By itself it is more than a highlight and it gives a decent amount of color. I tried it on top of Milani Mai Tai blush and it is perfect! So happy I was able to get this one! I am MAC NW 45 for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by suejimenez27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

is it worth the hype? probably not, but do I like it ? oh yes I do. At first I thought it might be too pink for me which eh, I don't like but it's actually a bit more coral-y than pink. it does apply nice, it's not incredibly shimmery so yeah, it's good, it's pretty. If it had been more than $28 I'm not sure I would have bought it though. Will I purchase it again? I think this will last me for a while before I hit pan so if it gets re promoted and I feel like I'm running out I probably will.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I made the mistake of ordering Stereo Rose online before I saw it in real life at the mac counter...even the MUA said she didn't like how it swatched on my cheeks. I hate it and would like to get rid of its royal frostiness with whomever cares. Email me at riggs_79@yahoo.co.uk to negotiate. Please hurry as I would like to get rid of it Asap. Oh and its unopened.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by pisces31919

This is yet another LE product that sold out in hours and luckily I was able to get my hands on it. I heard mixed reviews about this on dark girls such as myself and I must say that personally I really do like this. It's described as a coral pink with shimmer but my skin tends to mute out the coral. I'm very happy with my purchase and am hoping that MAC doesn't wait another 5 years to re-release!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by lacubanita

There is a lot of hype around this MSF, and I was skeptical about it but heard so many good things I had to give it a shot. After my online order with MAC got backordered, I managed to snag the last one at my local MAC counter. I am SO glad I got it!

I am about about an NC20 or so (I use BB Natural Finish in 3.25 Cool Beige, which is actually not that cool-toned), and this MSF gives me such a pretty glow. I have seen swatches where it shows up slightly orange on some people, but on me it looks like the pinky-coral it does in the pan. It does not emphasize my pores at all ... it just looks like a pretty natural flush with a little bit of sheen to it. It seems to me like a more pigmented powder version of Tarte's Blissful cheekstain, plus a little bit of shimmer.

Note: My Stereo Rose doesn't have a lot of veining in it, which may account for why it isn't as orange as it is on others. The veining makes a big difference.

Overall I am happy with Stereo Rose and I am glad I went out of my way to get it. I'd definitely repurchase if it were re-released.