April 19, 2014 | 1117 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Skinfinish-Stereo Rose

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by girrl65

I don't get what the hype is with this, and honestly after trying it, it is not suitable for my fair complexion. I don't know why so many people are going crazy over this because it seems too dark for a lot of people. Even the MAC SA counter thought so. The actual product is pretty, and if I had medium to dark skin, I could totally see trying to obtain one. But on me, it was very dirty and brown. I prefer Petticoat better!

Funny story.... the MAC SA said that this morning, there were 3 ladies waiting when the counter opened. They all wanted Stereo Rose. Well, they only got in 2. That SUCKS for the 3rd lady.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by loci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Not sure about the hype, I guess its probably because this is the first re-release of this MSF.

It was sold out in the MAC near my house but I asked the MAC lady to show me the tester so I can take a look. It was really pretty coral orange color in the pan and I like the look of it. I then swatched it but found out it was really frosty to a point that might look off as a blush if you need to build up the color with more than 2 swipes, but it was also clearly too dark as a highlighter. Maybe it would be perfect for a fair skinned lady, but for me I still prefer a less frosty blush. Colorwise, I'm pretty sure you can find a similar coral blush somewhere and just jazzed it up with some highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Do I like this? Yes. Do I love it? Eh...Do I get the hype? Maybe. Overall on my NC30 skin this is a pretty coralish blush though it is a lil frosty for my taste. I would say for a coral blush I prefer springsheen, coralista, or hipness to this. I think its worth $28 but not the money its going for on Ebay. Not HG status IMO

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by juicy69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I called my counter the morining it released at 11:15am and had this put on hold, and it was the LAST one! There was sooo much hype, I just had to see for myself. On me it is beautiful! I am always searching for the perfect coral/peach blush and this one fits perfectly! On me I see no pink at all. It is golden peachy coral. It is not overly frosty either. By itself it is more than a highlight and it gives a decent amount of color. I tried it on top of Milani Mai Tai blush and it is perfect! So happy I was able to get this one! I am MAC NW 45 for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by suejimenez27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

is it worth the hype? probably not, but do I like it ? oh yes I do. At first I thought it might be too pink for me which eh, I don't like but it's actually a bit more coral-y than pink. it does apply nice, it's not incredibly shimmery so yeah, it's good, it's pretty. If it had been more than $28 I'm not sure I would have bought it though. Will I purchase it again? I think this will last me for a while before I hit pan so if it gets re promoted and I feel like I'm running out I probably will.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I made the mistake of ordering Stereo Rose online before I saw it in real life at the mac counter...even the MUA said she didn't like how it swatched on my cheeks. I hate it and would like to get rid of its royal frostiness with whomever cares. Email me at riggs_79@yahoo.co.uk to negotiate. Please hurry as I would like to get rid of it Asap. Oh and its unopened.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by pisces31919

This is yet another LE product that sold out in hours and luckily I was able to get my hands on it. I heard mixed reviews about this on dark girls such as myself and I must say that personally I really do like this. It's described as a coral pink with shimmer but my skin tends to mute out the coral. I'm very happy with my purchase and am hoping that MAC doesn't wait another 5 years to re-release!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by lacubanita

There is a lot of hype around this MSF, and I was skeptical about it but heard so many good things I had to give it a shot. After my online order with MAC got backordered, I managed to snag the last one at my local MAC counter. I am SO glad I got it!

I am about about an NC20 or so (I use BB Natural Finish in 3.25 Cool Beige, which is actually not that cool-toned), and this MSF gives me such a pretty glow. I have seen swatches where it shows up slightly orange on some people, but on me it looks like the pinky-coral it does in the pan. It does not emphasize my pores at all ... it just looks like a pretty natural flush with a little bit of sheen to it. It seems to me like a more pigmented powder version of Tarte's Blissful cheekstain, plus a little bit of shimmer.

Note: My Stereo Rose doesn't have a lot of veining in it, which may account for why it isn't as orange as it is on others. The veining makes a big difference.

Overall I am happy with Stereo Rose and I am glad I went out of my way to get it. I'd definitely repurchase if it were re-released.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow I didn't realize how popular this was, i know it is on MUA but geez everyone knew about this one. I went at 10 right when the mall opened and 2 people were already in line waiting for it. As the MAC girl was helping us out, she was getting phone calls to put it on hold. To me it doesn't look that pretty in the pan, but once you put it on, wow it gives an amazing glow to your face, I was debating if i should get this or not and im really glad i did! Get this guys if you can!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by ooomakeupjunkieooo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just recieved mine and I LOVE IT!!! It's just in time for that gorgeous summer glow that this color gives. It's now my favorite msf so far from the ones I've tryed. It's a must have fellow msf lovers!! It's just the most beautiful coral color I think I've ever seen!