Clinique Superpowder Double Face Makeup

3.8

new:: Talc, Isostearyl Linoleate, Titanium Dioxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Trimyristin, Alumina, Methicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate.May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Red 30 Lake, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 7 Lake, Ultramarines

WOW!!! Absolutely HORRIBLE. You'd think powders remind you of de-shining the face? WRONG. It strongly encourages your face to become a mirror. I don't get why they recommended me this thing in the first place? I have normal skin, sometimes dry, sometimes oily. When I first put this powder on, It looks great, like the powdery makeup they say alright. 1 hour later, guess what, my face becomes a gorgeous mirror. I have NEVER seen my face in that condition before. Absolutely gross.. Second day I tried it again just incase I was in a very oily condition the other day. Same thing happened. It is going BACK to the store, along with my complaints about the person that recommended this to me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love clinque's liquid foundation because it is light and i look very natural and dewy after application. I purchased superpowder double face makeup and thought that it'll be good as well. However, it was not. After application, my face looks VERY cakey. I tried to apply more moisturiser on my 2nd/3rd application but it doesn't help at all. Stop using it ever since.

Btw, it was the cheapest among all clinque's compressed powder. Now, I strongly believe that you get how much in return for how much you pay!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

oooooooooooooh where have you been all my makeup life ;).... I use this over my foundation (supermoisture makeup from Clinique too) and I have a skin that glows!!! My skin looks so fresh, so clean, so natural with these two products on.... can't believe it!!! I like the sparkles that come with it!!! It gives me that glow everybody wants!!!

I tell you, try it!!
Tanja

I wont buy this again because I like to try different products but this is a "go to" product for me. I use it to dust over my mu and take away shine. I hardly need any and it's great. I don't use it as a powder foundation but I could if I was in a rush.

I don't find that this causes me any real problems. I like the flat green compact, i've just taken the sponge out because I don't use sponges. I like this product because it just does the job with no frills and it should last me a long time. Overall if you're looking for a good powder, then this is the stuff. I am looking for something more "perfecting" in the long run, but then, aren't we all!

This is wonderful! I love this product so much, been using it for many many years. It is a powder foundation, used dry. It has mineral oil in it so it is great if you have dry skin. It looks so nice on and lasts all day. You can also use it over a liquid foundation but I prefer to use this alone all by itself with my blushes. This is just the best powder foundation!

This is a very finely milled pressed powder foundation that works well on my finicky sensitive skin. The finish is very natural and I can easily build the coverage when I need to without the powder looking cakey or masklike. It even works to conceal pimples quite well if you use a concealer brush. Great stuff!

The one thing that really bothers me about this product is having the sponge lay on top of the powder. Thats how the bacteria builds up. So what I do is leave the plastic covering that it comes with when you buy it and leave it there so the sponge doesn't lay on top of the powder. So ladies DON'T throw up the plastic cover cause it really helps!! but overall, I think it is a pretty good product compared to the other powder foundations I've tried. This one doesn't dry your skin out and you definitely don't get any dry patches.. as I have in the past with other powder foundations. I use this when I don't need as much coverage. When I do I would use my Marykay Medium Coverage Foundation but most of the time I use this Clinique superpowder. The coverage is all right, its from sheer-medium. It is buildable so be careful not to put too much on or you would end up looking cakey. The color that I got is 10 matte medium and its great for my skin tone because I am asian so I've got yellowish/olive tones and sometimes its really hard finding the right color for me. It isn't that great on covering scars or blemishes so I'd use coverup on that.

Okay, the only thing that really annoys me about this product is the packaging. I don't get why they don't have a little compartment under the makeup for a sponge or powder puff. Like M.A.C. Studio Fix, or several other powder makeups that seperate the applicator from the makeup. I don't like the idea of keeping my makeup sponge lying on top of the powder. So I just keep my sponge seperate, and when I need a touch up, or shine control throughout the day I just use my M.A.C. blott powder. Anyway, I have this in 07 Matte Neutral and it's an okay match. I have light-medium olive toned skin. I love how this makeup doesn't look chalky after applying it. I used to use Palladio Duel Wet/Dry foundation and while it was a good foundation, it just looked too chalky after I applied it. This makeup goes on so smooth and silky. If you have very oily skin this may not be good for you. It does contain mineral oil (which does not cause breakouts, I asked my derm, and looked it up on WebMD), but the mineral oil makes it more creamy and moisturizing, and it's perfect for my skin which is dry only because I use acne lotions and face wash on it which dries it out. My skin does get very oily throughout the day, and this doesn't keep me matte all day, but it does as good a job as any other powder foundation I've tried. I will def. repurchase this. I got it for 18 dollars which is cheaper than $25 for M.A.C. studio fix (which I find too heavy anyway). I just wish the container for this makeup was like the studio fix. Oh well. Maybe someday they will change the packaging.

I've used this as I am getting older, I'm 32 and now I "need" to wear makeup but hate foundations. I use this and feel confident and covered. I will pay the $18.50 for it gladly, but I think it's gross to have the applicator right on the actual power, clinique could afford to separate them ;)

Excellent stuff. Have used this for years in Matte Bisque, a perfect match for my light, sensitive skin -- not too pink or orange. Gives a smooth, flawless finish that lasts. No fragrance. Quick and convenient. I've flirted with other foundations, but this stuff makes my skin look very nearly perfect. And did I mention it's quick??