April 18, 2014 | 1833 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superpowder Double Face Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2007 5:13:00 AM More reviews by vojnik

This product is good and it doesn't clogg pores- but there are many better products out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2007 9:30:00 PM More reviews by curlyheather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

After finally realizing BE was NOT working for me--I tried this after I saw a gf with great skin and asked what she had on. I love it. The coverage is great and not powdery looking and I rarely have to use extra concealer-unless I have a breakout.

I have freckles and like them--this covers well without making my freckles look a goofy shade of brown.

I set with Miraculous Minerals and I am good for the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

This imparts a lovely finish. It's become over the years my go-to foundation for weddings or any day that will be full of photo-taking. I'm a MAC C3, Px 'champagne', JI 'warm sienna', Shiseido SP50 and I wear Matte Neutral in the Superpowder. ♥

INGREDIENTS:
ingredients: talc [] mineral oil\paraffinum liquidum\huile minérale []
octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate [] tocopherol [] lanolin alcohol [] retinyl
palmitate [] lecithin [] methicone [] phenoxyethanol [] chloroxylenol []
imidazolidinyl urea [] methylparaben [] propylparaben [] [+/- mica []
titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)
[] ultramarines (ci 77007) [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] carmine (ci
75470) [] manganese violet (ci 77742) [] orange 4 lake (ci 15510) [] red 30
lake (ci 73360)] continued >>

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Kristineh

I generally like it, it gives good coverage and doesn't make me break out or anything. But; the staying power is not that good, it doesn't really do anything to mattify, and I really hate the green Clinique powder compacts! Won't repurchase, I'll go back to Stay-Matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2007 11:11:00 AM More reviews by kristyann730

I have been using this product since I was 14-years-old, and I love it. This is the only foundation that doesn't make me break out. I can wear it any time of year, even when it's scorching hot outside. It covers well enough that I don't need to use any other concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2007 12:42:00 AM More reviews by dustbunnies

I have been using Clinique's Superpowder Double Face Makeup in 04 Matte Honey for over 4 years!! My mom is the one who introduced me to this product and I get a perfect skin tone match for my asian medium-tan yellow undertoned skin. I have slight acne and yet my skin is a little dry, so the slight slight creaminess (it's not creamy, but it's not a totally dry powder) is just enough to have the stuff stick to my face after moisturizing and yet does not flare up my acne by trapping oils as liquid foundations can do. The finish is not "mask"-like and looks natural. My boyfriends have all told me that it never looks like I wear makeup when i wear this stuff. BUT I recently delved into Mineral Makeup and tried Bare Escentuals Foundation in Medium Beige, and found this color to be too light and too "shiny" and not matte like this Clinique matte powder. So i will get the mineral makeup in Medium Tan this time and see how it shapes up to this Clinique powder.

Also..lose the sponge applicator that comes with this makeup..it just soaks up all the oils on your face and you have to rinse/wash it out like every week to prevent transferring bacteria and oils back onto your face each time. The sponge starts to get dark after a while.. I tried using this with a foundation brush and got EXCELLENT and even coverage. I would definitely invest in a good brush.

Also, the hinges on the mirror lid of this compact has broken on me a couple of times. So when i want to touch up in a public place I'm stuck there balancing the makeup on my lap, the mirror in my left hand, and the stupid sponge in my right hand. Good thing I use a different mirror when I use it at home.

Overall an EXCELLENT face powder/foundation. No need for 2 separate products because you get great, matte coverage all in this product. And the price is reasonable. Go Clinique!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2007 7:17:00 PM More reviews by luckybamboozled

I have used this for years..I have a color for every season because I never want to be without it. Do I use it every day? No, I use this when my skin is behaving the worst because this has great coverage and doesn't irritate my skin. It's been a real lifesaver over the years when I have those crazy hormonal breakouts that leave red marks. If you're going to give it a try my only suggestion would be to apply it with a light hand a little goes a long way. My Mom has used this for years also to even out her skintone because she has dealt with melasma for years. I will def repurchase as long as this product is sold and I would recommend it for anyone that just needs it for the occasional "bad face day" it's good stuff, one compact lasts forever, and I think the shelf life on this stuff is great I've had one of my compacts for over 2 years w/no problems!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 9:42:00 AM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product blends well with the tinted moisturizer they sell. It looks flawless. I highly recommend this! I had a bad problem with these kinds of products making me break out but not with Clinique!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2007 4:38:00 AM More reviews by susemb

I've been a long term user of superpowder, in either matte ivory or matte cream, depending on the season. It has light, even coverage on my slightly dry skin and is a blessing in that it avoids the whole paint on foundation thing.

I've rebought and will continue to do so!

Oh, now that I'm >40 I will mention that a good concealer is mandatory with it! And as I'm in Australia where this stuff is $48 AU for a compact (over $45 US!!!) it's marked down on price on that!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2007 4:37:00 AM More reviews by susemb

I've rebought and will continue to do so!

Oh, now that I'm >40 I will mention that a good concealer is mandatory with it!