Clinique Superpowder Double Face Makeup

3.8

new:: Talc, Isostearyl Linoleate, Titanium Dioxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Trimyristin, Alumina, Methicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate.May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Red 30 Lake, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 7 Lake, Ultramarines

on 3/25/2008 8:47:00 AM

I wont buy this again because I like to try different products but this is a "go to" product for me. I use it to dust over my mu and take away shine. I hardly need any and it's great. I don't use it as a powder foundation but I could if I was in a rush.

I don't find that this causes me any real problems. I like the flat green compact, i've just taken the sponge out because I don't use sponges. I like this product because it just does the job with no frills and it should last me a long time. Overall if you're looking for a good powder, then this is the stuff. I am looking for something more "perfecting" in the long run, but then, aren't we all!

on 3/20/2008 2:18:00 PM

This is wonderful! I love this product so much, been using it for many many years. It is a powder foundation, used dry. It has mineral oil in it so it is great if you have dry skin. It looks so nice on and lasts all day. You can also use it over a liquid foundation but I prefer to use this alone all by itself with my blushes. This is just the best powder foundation!

on 3/3/2008 12:35:00 PM

This is a very finely milled pressed powder foundation that works well on my finicky sensitive skin. The finish is very natural and I can easily build the coverage when I need to without the powder looking cakey or masklike. It even works to conceal pimples quite well if you use a concealer brush. Great stuff!

on 2/22/2008 11:34:00 PM

The one thing that really bothers me about this product is having the sponge lay on top of the powder. Thats how the bacteria builds up. So what I do is leave the plastic covering that it comes with when you buy it and leave it there so the sponge doesn't lay on top of the powder. So ladies DON'T throw up the plastic cover cause it really helps!! but overall, I think it is a pretty good product compared to the other powder foundations I've tried. This one doesn't dry your skin out and you definitely don't get any dry patches.. as I have in the past with other powder foundations. I use this when I don't need as much coverage. When I do I would use my Marykay Medium Coverage Foundation but most of the time I use this Clinique superpowder. The coverage is all right, its from sheer-medium. It is buildable so be careful not to put too much on or you would end up looking cakey. The color that I got is 10 matte medium and its great for my skin tone because I am asian so I've got yellowish/olive tones and sometimes its really hard finding the right color for me. It isn't that great on covering scars or blemishes so I'd use coverup on that.

on 2/19/2008 7:36:00 PM

Okay, the only thing that really annoys me about this product is the packaging. I don't get why they don't have a little compartment under the makeup for a sponge or powder puff. Like M.A.C. Studio Fix, or several other powder makeups that seperate the applicator from the makeup. I don't like the idea of keeping my makeup sponge lying on top of the powder. So I just keep my sponge seperate, and when I need a touch up, or shine control throughout the day I just use my M.A.C. blott powder. Anyway, I have this in 07 Matte Neutral and it's an okay match. I have light-medium olive toned skin. I love how this makeup doesn't look chalky after applying it. I used to use Palladio Duel Wet/Dry foundation and while it was a good foundation, it just looked too chalky after I applied it. This makeup goes on so smooth and silky. If you have very oily skin this may not be good for you. It does contain mineral oil (which does not cause breakouts, I asked my derm, and looked it up on WebMD), but the mineral oil makes it more creamy and moisturizing, and it's perfect for my skin which is dry only because I use acne lotions and face wash on it which dries it out. My skin does get very oily throughout the day, and this doesn't keep me matte all day, but it does as good a job as any other powder foundation I've tried. I will def. repurchase this. I got it for 18 dollars which is cheaper than $25 for M.A.C. studio fix (which I find too heavy anyway). I just wish the container for this makeup was like the studio fix. Oh well. Maybe someday they will change the packaging.

on 1/27/2008 11:04:00 PM

I've used this as I am getting older, I'm 32 and now I "need" to wear makeup but hate foundations. I use this and feel confident and covered. I will pay the $18.50 for it gladly, but I think it's gross to have the applicator right on the actual power, clinique could afford to separate them ;)

on 1/15/2008 3:26:00 PM

Excellent stuff. Have used this for years in Matte Bisque, a perfect match for my light, sensitive skin -- not too pink or orange. Gives a smooth, flawless finish that lasts. No fragrance. Quick and convenient. I've flirted with other foundations, but this stuff makes my skin look very nearly perfect. And did I mention it's quick??

I have used this for many years, like so many others here. I have simply not found anything that compares to it. I like to use it with the sponge it comes with when I want more coverage, and I use a face brush if I just want to lightly even my skin tone. For reference, I have sensitive, dry skin that tends to be uneven in tone, and is rough and ruddy on my cheek/jaw area, and around my nose. This evens out my skin tone beautifully and gives me such a finished look. I absolutely can't stand heavy feeling makeup, and therefore don't use foundation, and most powders accentuate my dry rough spots on my skin looking powdery or cakey. This actually makes my skin look naturally soft and blends to a very creamy/I'm wearing no makeup finish. I can see this really making oiler skin shinier for this reason. I receive compliments on my skin a lot, and I know that this product is the main reason for it. In fact, some of my friends use this now too.
More pluses:I don't really have to touch up my makeup during the day if I am doing light activities, and the compact absolutely lasts for ages because the formulation is so creamy feeling that you don't need to use much. I actually prefer a dewier look to my skin, but like my T-zone to be more matte, so this is great for that (I use a highlighter for a dewy affect).
The color range that is offered by Clinique is pretty good, but seems to be lighter than the names suggest. For instance, I wear Matte Beige, which is perfect for summer and only slightly dark in winter, and I have fair skin that is on the warm side. I give it four stars because it really urks me that they haven't come up with a more hygienic compact in which the sponge can be stored in the bottom of the compact where it can "breath," rather than on top of the powder. The other powders they sell are like this, so why not update this one?

on 12/22/2007 5:13:00 AM

This product is good and it doesn't clogg pores- but there are many better products out there.

on 12/13/2007 9:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

After finally realizing BE was NOT working for me--I tried this after I saw a gf with great skin and asked what she had on. I love it. The coverage is great and not powdery looking and I rarely have to use extra concealer-unless I have a breakout.

I have freckles and like them--this covers well without making my freckles look a goofy shade of brown.

I set with Miraculous Minerals and I am good for the day.