October 31, 2014 | 1524 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superpowder Double Face Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2008 11:34:00 PM More reviews by j_doll

The one thing that really bothers me about this product is having the sponge lay on top of the powder. Thats how the bacteria builds up. So what I do is leave the plastic covering that it comes with when you buy it and leave it there so the sponge doesn't lay on top of the powder. So ladies DON'T throw up the plastic cover cause it really helps!! but overall, I think it is a pretty good product compared to the other powder foundations I've tried. This one doesn't dry your skin out and you definitely don't get any dry patches.. as I have in the past with other powder foundations. I use this when I don't need as much coverage. When I do I would use my Marykay Medium Coverage Foundation but most of the time I use this Clinique superpowder. The coverage is all right, its from sheer-medium. It is buildable so be careful not to put too much on or you would end up looking cakey. The color that I got is 10 matte medium and its great for my skin tone because I am asian so I've got yellowish/olive tones and sometimes its really hard finding the right color for me. It isn't that great on covering scars or blemishes so I'd use coverup on that.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2008 7:36:00 PM More reviews by CutieRose

Okay, the only thing that really annoys me about this product is the packaging. I don't get why they don't have a little compartment under the makeup for a sponge or powder puff. Like M.A.C. Studio Fix, or several other powder makeups that seperate the applicator from the makeup. I don't like the idea of keeping my makeup sponge lying on top of the powder. So I just keep my sponge seperate, and when I need a touch up, or shine control throughout the day I just use my M.A.C. blott powder. Anyway, I have this in 07 Matte Neutral and it's an okay match. I have light-medium olive toned skin. I love how this makeup doesn't look chalky after applying it. I used to use Palladio Duel Wet/Dry foundation and while it was a good foundation, it just looked too chalky after I applied it. This makeup goes on so smooth and silky. If you have very oily skin this may not be good for you. It does contain mineral oil (which does not cause breakouts, I asked my derm, and looked it up on WebMD), but the mineral oil makes it more creamy and moisturizing, and it's perfect for my skin which is dry only because I use acne lotions and face wash on it which dries it out. My skin does get very oily throughout the day, and this doesn't keep me matte all day, but it does as good a job as any other powder foundation I've tried. I will def. repurchase this. I got it for 18 dollars which is cheaper than $25 for M.A.C. studio fix (which I find too heavy anyway). I just wish the container for this makeup was like the studio fix. Oh well. Maybe someday they will change the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by jkmohio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used this as I am getting older, I'm 32 and now I "need" to wear makeup but hate foundations. I use this and feel confident and covered. I will pay the $18.50 for it gladly, but I think it's gross to have the applicator right on the actual power, clinique could afford to separate them ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2008 3:26:00 PM More reviews by kellbelle85

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent stuff. Have used this for years in Matte Bisque, a perfect match for my light, sensitive skin -- not too pink or orange. Gives a smooth, flawless finish that lasts. No fragrance. Quick and convenient. I've flirted with other foundations, but this stuff makes my skin look very nearly perfect. And did I mention it's quick??

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by orangeserendipity32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this for many years, like so many others here. I have simply not found anything that compares to it. I like to use it with the sponge it comes with when I want more coverage, and I use a face brush if I just want to lightly even my skin tone. For reference, I have sensitive, dry skin that tends to be uneven in tone, and is rough and ruddy on my cheek/jaw area, and around my nose. This evens out my skin tone beautifully and gives me such a finished look. I absolutely can't stand heavy feeling makeup, and therefore don't use foundation, and most powders accentuate my dry rough spots on my skin looking powdery or cakey. This actually makes my skin look naturally soft and blends to a very creamy/I'm wearing no makeup finish. I can see this really making oiler skin shinier for this reason. I receive compliments on my skin a lot, and I know that this product is the main reason for it. In fact, some of my friends use this now too.
More pluses:I don't really have to touch up my makeup during the day if I am doing light activities, and the compact absolutely lasts for ages because the formulation is so creamy feeling that you don't need to use much. I actually prefer a dewier look to my skin, but like my T-zone to be more matte, so this is great for that (I use a highlighter for a dewy affect).
The color range that is offered by Clinique is pretty good, but seems to be lighter than the names suggest. For instance, I wear Matte Beige, which is perfect for summer and only slightly dark in winter, and I have fair skin that is on the warm side. I give it four stars because it really urks me that they haven't come up with a more hygienic compact in which the sponge can be stored in the bottom of the compact where it can "breath," rather than on top of the powder. The other powders they sell are like this, so why not update this one?

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2007 5:13:00 AM More reviews by vojnik

This product is good and it doesn't clogg pores- but there are many better products out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2007 9:30:00 PM More reviews by curlyheather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

After finally realizing BE was NOT working for me--I tried this after I saw a gf with great skin and asked what she had on. I love it. The coverage is great and not powdery looking and I rarely have to use extra concealer-unless I have a breakout.

I have freckles and like them--this covers well without making my freckles look a goofy shade of brown.

I set with Miraculous Minerals and I am good for the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

This imparts a lovely finish. It's become over the years my go-to foundation for weddings or any day that will be full of photo-taking. I'm a MAC C3, Px 'champagne', JI 'warm sienna', Shiseido SP50 and I wear Matte Neutral in the Superpowder. ♥

INGREDIENTS:
ingredients: talc [] mineral oil\paraffinum liquidum\huile minérale []
octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate [] tocopherol [] lanolin alcohol [] retinyl
palmitate [] lecithin [] methicone [] phenoxyethanol [] chloroxylenol []
imidazolidinyl urea [] methylparaben [] propylparaben [] [+/- mica []
titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)
[] ultramarines (ci 77007) [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] carmine (ci
75470) [] manganese violet (ci 77742) [] orange 4 lake (ci 15510) [] red 30
lake (ci 73360)] continued >>

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Kristineh

I generally like it, it gives good coverage and doesn't make me break out or anything. But; the staying power is not that good, it doesn't really do anything to mattify, and I really hate the green Clinique powder compacts! Won't repurchase, I'll go back to Stay-Matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2007 11:11:00 AM More reviews by kristyann730

I have been using this product since I was 14-years-old, and I love it. This is the only foundation that doesn't make me break out. I can wear it any time of year, even when it's scorching hot outside. It covers well enough that I don't need to use any other concealer.