October 25, 2014 | 1694 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

Sorry, I just wasn't that impressed with this product. There are others out there that perform better for the same price or less. Not a fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 5:29:00 AM More reviews by bigbadpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and tend to get kind of oily in my t-zone. I also live in Miami, which is a very hot and humid city. When I apply this, it makes my skin feel very smooth and I feel like that helps my foundation or BB cream go on easier and makes it easier to blend into my skin. I definitely think this helps my make up stay on. Whenever I forget to use this, I feel like my makeup just melts off and my t-zone gets oily super quick. I love this product! I wish it wasn't so pricey though :/

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this product - I was expecting to either really love it or really hate it. Luckily, I fall into the first category. I bet this wouldn't be as good for acne-prone skin, as I could see how it might clog pores. However, my skin tends to be dry and this product seems to smooth out some of the flaky spots. Although it's expensive, this product is a worthwhile investment for me - I'm always impressed with this product's staying power and overall results.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Purplegal

This primer works, but its not my favorite. It smoothes skin, blurs pores and lines and foundation applies better. However, it doesn't control oil as long as I like. The tube packaging is okay, but I wish it was a pump. I would also like it better if it had SPF.

I will not repurchase, but it is an effective product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by melissamathers258

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ok Here we go: I gave it a 1 because its has been two weeks since I use this primer and I have dry skin and Im not sure if it was just because of that fact. I loved how it made my skin feel smooth BUT I broke out something fierce esp on my forehead. Its was all bumpy and red. I literally re-cut my bangs because it was SOO embarrassing. My checks and everything. It went down but still not fully away! I did not use a new foundation I used the same foundation I have been using for 5+ years :(.. I dont know if I was possibly allergic to something in the foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Rachulll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say, after avoiding it ($40 for primer???) and trying many (many) drugstore primers that did little to nothing, I finally caved and got a sample of this at sephora and I LOVE it. My face seemingly repels makeup, but with this it can stay on through a whole shift at work and on through the night. 4 lippies because yeah, its more expensive than my actual foundation (clinique suberbalanced) but hey, it makes my skin feel like velvet and my makeup stay, and thats what's really important, no?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by sassy869

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This performs well for me. It's been quite remarkable in heat. Heat temperature wise and heat, OMG I'm hot flashing while shopping again, sweat dripping down your red face, in need of a time freeze so you can nab the tissue out of your purse and check your face in a mirror, (because you don't want to end up like I did after grocery shopping a few months back..hot flashed, did not check after patting the sweat off, arrive home three hours and two errands later, to find a 12 mm piece of tissue had dried and stuck) kind of heat. Only the Smashbox primer holds everything in the same places you'd originally put them, from hot flashes to work outs. It seems heavier feeling than others. I've not had an issue with this making my sensitive skin react in any way. If I'm just lounging for a day and wanting to have a make up free time to myself, I won't use it. The smell is one I'd associate with smells emitted from gas/petrol stations. It doesn't bother me enough to not use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by qdo2599

My HG primer. I find that people either Love or Hate this product. I fall in the latter category.
This makes my skin ultra smooth for foundation application and keeps my foundation looking fresh a lot longer. I have combination-oily skin and it also keeps my oil at bay. It doesn't break out my skin like it does for others (I guess I can tolerate silicone primers). My MA informed me that silicone primers make your foundation last the longest as compared to others however it makes SOME breakout. I'm glad I'm not one.
I just have to make one comment on the packaging - I actually prefer the travel size packaging than the full size. The only reason is that the mouth on the bottle is larger on the travel size. Therefore I don't have to squeeze so much to get the desired amount. With the full size it squeezes out such a small amount. Small complaint really.
My advice is to get a sample and try it first. If it breaks you out then obviously it's not for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate this stuff so much. Cheap pore clogging silicones at $40 a tube. Purchased once and pitched it after a week.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by aobheall

I've never put this on my face so I can't vouch for any pore minimising effect or oil control but all I did was swatch it on the back of my hand and 4 hours later I had pimples. On my hand. For the first time ever. Definitely not something I'll waste so much money on period.