October 31, 2014 | 1506 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Bowiegrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was an avid Prescriptives user since the color matched my skin perfectly and I never broke out wearing it. When they took Prescriptives out of stores I was devastated. I've tried MAC, Clinique, and Lancome but never could find something that didn't break me out or make me look like I had Jaundice. Working in a department store you're exposed to many brands to test and try out and I couldn't help but try Dior's AirFlash Foundation.
Colors: Here's the downside, there's only 5 colors to choose from, so the colors will either work for you or wont work at all. I'm pretty pale so the color 200 works best for me and actually blends into my skin. Definitely test this product at the counter, go home and see in natural light if it works for you. If yes, go back and purchase it.
Application: This is where AirFlash is amazing. It literally takes me seconds to get ready and a little goes a long way. You can spray it directly onto your skin quickly and allover and then blend it with a brush or sponge. I personally use the Dior 'Backstage' Powder Foundation Brush which has a flat top, like a stenciling stippling brush. This allows for maximum coverage and easy blending, but any similar brush will do and have the same effects. For touch ups spray directly onto the brush and apply to areas as needed.
Versatility: The coverage is pretty good, the idea of AirFlash is to replicate air brush foundations and it covers any spots or scars that I have very well. It also doesn't make me oily or breakout which is a relief. It's perfect for travel but I warn anyone who is traveling by plane to leave this at home. Some people have reported it being thrown away since it's in an aerosol can and is 2.3oz. My favorite aspect of AirFlash is if I'm in a hurry or running late I'm out the door with good coverage in seconds.
I find using a foundation from a can persuades people to try it for themselves. I have 4 friends who currently love AirFlash. The downside is the price, $62 is expensive and without a discount I might not love it as much. Since a little goes a long way I can get roughly 3 months out of one can.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ngocly85

This is my favorite foundation since it's so convenient. One quick spay on my powder foundation brush (also from dior) and I dot it around my face then just blend it around evenly. I find this is the fastest and best way to make the most out of this can. Top it off with translucent loose powder since my skin gets oily real fast.
It feels very light, natural and you can never overdo it. Wish all foundations are made this way.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by emmad1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I have had so many compliments when wearing this! I do not recommend applying this just by simply spraying onto your face, wastes too much product. I use a Sephora professional airbrush foundation brush to apply this with. It truly gives a flawless, airbrushed look. It lasts me all day, I never get oily or shiny, and it photographs simply amazingly. The price is steep but you are getting what you are paying for. I don't look or feel like I am wearing foundation when wearing airflash, it makes me look like i naturally have luminous, flawless skin. Defiantly recommend this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by jellyjelly

This foundation works wonders!! You should really spray it into a flat top blush brush and buff it in circles. Your imperfections disappear and its a light coat. It feels amazing to put on as well. Its quite a treat because the consistancy is light/"airy" and has great coverage. I would recommend this to all my friends except for the price tag!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by beeutygooru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the Dior Airflash. It gives the perfect airbrush finish and lasts all day. I am a shade 200 and buff it on in circles with a stippling brush. Yes, it doesn't come in many shades but I was lucky that 200 was my perfect match.

I do work as a makeup artist and use this in my kit as well. It's very pricey but isn't a perfect complexion worth it? *cough*I also get a massive discount on it where I work which makes it a bit easier to afford*cough*

Love it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by purplepan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product just didn't work for me. No matter how I sprayed it on it always looked like Zorro marked me across the face with foundation. The spray lines were always too defined and after a while the bottle stopped spraying a mist and started sputtering.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by susan3041

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not a fan of this product....goes very fast (if you spray directly on face-which it looks like many people do not to save product). I was attracted to the idea of putting foundation on quickly but you must do your blending.

Just wouldn't buy again...especially with the price tag

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by CottonSocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I bought this product after reading all the great reviews here. It was £33, which is quite expensive, but since I had tried Lancôme Teint Idole in colour 010 before and MaxFactor Colour Adapt, I wanted to try something different lol.
...
Lancôme teint idole was a perfect colour and foundation for me, but at the end of the day, my face would be either too shiny, or some places would look flaky. So, I bought Dior Air Flash. Till now no regrets!
...
I read many reviews here and the bad ones consisted of: the color choices (not an issue for me thank God. Am a 200), the fact that it oxidizes and turns orange (haven’t seen that) and the fact that the first ingredient is Butane and it also contains Propane.
...
So I did some research. It is an aerosol, so instead of using CFCs, which are harmful to the environment, Butane is used as the aerosol propellant. Here is what I found:
As aerosols, Butane and Propane are greatly diluted in air when discharged. It is estimated that, as propellants, they would remain on the skin no longer than 10 seconds.
Because they evaporate quickly, these ingredients, even in foam products would not remain in contact with the skin longer than 10 seconds.
Such a short period of contact makes the absence of sensitization, photo-toxicity, and photosensitization studies unimportant.
Also, exposure standards have already been set by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and most of the substance is volatilized before it can come in contact with the skin.
...
So great news right guys?! I am happy that it would cause no harm, and is like other regular foundations. But will give you the most natural look ever with amazing coverage!
The only issue with Dior Air-Flash is the price.
I will edit this review later on when I use the product more, but for now, I really wanted to clear up the issue of why Butane is used. I am a pharmacist, and hopefully people who were worried will not be not be any more.
...
Oh, Butane and propane is also used in shaving cream, hair spray (my one is TRESemme and Butane is used), deodorants etc etc :)

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaBlossom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very versatile product. Unfortunately, the price is it's only downside. I prefer to use this on top of liquid foundation- gives you a flawless look! I also prefer to spray onto a kabuki brush and buff it into the skin as opposed to spraying the product directly onto skin. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you want to appear flawless (and poreless) in about 3 seconds, this is your foundation.
I do use a silicone primer with it, only because I don't want it to interfere with my current skin care regime (Baltic Collagen). I wrap my hair in a towel first, and I recommend that you do, too, or it will definitely land in your hairline. One quick Z-shaped spritz does the trick. Sometimes I will spray a big kabuki brush with a jot more and do my eyelids and under eye areas with it. Another 5 seconds. Done!
I give it 5 minutes to dry and the finish is an airbrushed satin glow. I use the lightest color for my NC20 skin and it is a perfect match.
I have never used a full coverage foundation that looks this natural, and this lit-from-within. Nor one that takes only seconds to achieve the results. While $60 is a lot to pay, I have paid that for mediocre brands (looking at you, Edward Bess) that took a lot more time to apply. I do wish, though, that they put more product in the cannister. And while I may continue to whine about this, I will also continue to buy this product.
Unlike the poster below, I get a lot more mileage with it. About 45 - 50 applications using it daily. Almost 2 months.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No