September 30, 2014 | 1265 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by jellyjelly

This foundation works wonders!! You should really spray it into a flat top blush brush and buff it in circles. Your imperfections disappear and its a light coat. It feels amazing to put on as well. Its quite a treat because the consistancy is light/"airy" and has great coverage. I would recommend this to all my friends except for the price tag!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by beeutygooru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the Dior Airflash. It gives the perfect airbrush finish and lasts all day. I am a shade 200 and buff it on in circles with a stippling brush. Yes, it doesn't come in many shades but I was lucky that 200 was my perfect match.

I do work as a makeup artist and use this in my kit as well. It's very pricey but isn't a perfect complexion worth it? *cough*I also get a massive discount on it where I work which makes it a bit easier to afford*cough*

Love it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by purplepan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product just didn't work for me. No matter how I sprayed it on it always looked like Zorro marked me across the face with foundation. The spray lines were always too defined and after a while the bottle stopped spraying a mist and started sputtering.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by susan3041

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not a fan of this product....goes very fast (if you spray directly on face-which it looks like many people do not to save product). I was attracted to the idea of putting foundation on quickly but you must do your blending.

Just wouldn't buy again...especially with the price tag

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by CottonSocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I bought this product after reading all the great reviews here. It was £33, which is quite expensive, but since I had tried Lancôme Teint Idole in colour 010 before and MaxFactor Colour Adapt, I wanted to try something different lol.
...
Lancôme teint idole was a perfect colour and foundation for me, but at the end of the day, my face would be either too shiny, or some places would look flaky. So, I bought Dior Air Flash. Till now no regrets!
...
I read many reviews here and the bad ones consisted of: the color choices (not an issue for me thank God. Am a 200), the fact that it oxidizes and turns orange (haven’t seen that) and the fact that the first ingredient is Butane and it also contains Propane.
...
So I did some research. It is an aerosol, so instead of using CFCs, which are harmful to the environment, Butane is used as the aerosol propellant. Here is what I found:
As aerosols, Butane and Propane are greatly diluted in air when discharged. It is estimated that, as propellants, they would remain on the skin no longer than 10 seconds.
Because they evaporate quickly, these ingredients, even in foam products would not remain in contact with the skin longer than 10 seconds.
Such a short period of contact makes the absence of sensitization, photo-toxicity, and photosensitization studies unimportant.
Also, exposure standards have already been set by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and most of the substance is volatilized before it can come in contact with the skin.
...
So great news right guys?! I am happy that it would cause no harm, and is like other regular foundations. But will give you the most natural look ever with amazing coverage!
The only issue with Dior Air-Flash is the price.
I will edit this review later on when I use the product more, but for now, I really wanted to clear up the issue of why Butane is used. I am a pharmacist, and hopefully people who were worried will not be not be any more.
...
Oh, Butane and propane is also used in shaving cream, hair spray (my one is TRESemme and Butane is used), deodorants etc etc :)

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaBlossom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very versatile product. Unfortunately, the price is it's only downside. I prefer to use this on top of liquid foundation- gives you a flawless look! I also prefer to spray onto a kabuki brush and buff it into the skin as opposed to spraying the product directly onto skin. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you want to appear flawless (and poreless) in about 3 seconds, this is your foundation.
I do use a silicone primer with it, only because I don't want it to interfere with my current skin care regime (Baltic Collagen). I wrap my hair in a towel first, and I recommend that you do, too, or it will definitely land in your hairline. One quick Z-shaped spritz does the trick. Sometimes I will spray a big kabuki brush with a jot more and do my eyelids and under eye areas with it. Another 5 seconds. Done!
I give it 5 minutes to dry and the finish is an airbrushed satin glow. I use the lightest color for my NC20 skin and it is a perfect match.
I have never used a full coverage foundation that looks this natural, and this lit-from-within. Nor one that takes only seconds to achieve the results. While $60 is a lot to pay, I have paid that for mediocre brands (looking at you, Edward Bess) that took a lot more time to apply. I do wish, though, that they put more product in the cannister. And while I may continue to whine about this, I will also continue to buy this product.
Unlike the poster below, I get a lot more mileage with it. About 45 - 50 applications using it daily. Almost 2 months.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Only 4/5 lippies because the lightest shade (200 Light Beige) is just a tad too warm and a tad too dark for me most of the year. In summer, it's perfect. It has a lovely scent and if you master the application (which is super fast & easy) it's a joy not a hassle. I spray an O and a Z shape quickly, directly on my face with my eyes closed and hair pulled back, then buff in with a stippling brush. I follow with a spritz directly onto the same brush and get the undereye area and other spots that may need some direct coverage. Buff again and viola! Flawless, pretty skin.
$60 for a little can is pricey, but it does last if you're not wasteful with it and for an almost ideal foundation it's worth it. I've been using it about 2 yrs now on and off. I keep being seduced by other fntdtns in lighter shades for a true color match but always come back to this trusty can.
Sigh, I just wish they made a paler shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 5:50:00 AM More reviews by sarahlou37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

outstanding! the best all round foundation, perfect coverage yet so light and non drying with flawless results, it goes on beautiful when sprayed onto a brush. Ive tried all sorts of brands all expensive but this was worth every penny, and i will buy it again. i do recommend this product,its gorgoeus.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by kellkell2002

I have very acne prone skin. Breathing the wrong way can make me break out. I also have a lot of redness. This product is so quick and easy to use, looks great and lasts so long. The price is steep but the quality of the product is spot on! I use this for special occasions!