April 16, 2014 | 940 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by DesertR0se

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my fourth of these powders. I always come back to this powder for two reasons: (1) the color selection is amazing for this line, and there isn't just a good match but a *beautiful* match, as in it's like my shade but *better* and that has a lot to do with the naturally luminous quality of the powder; the same can be said with the liquid foundation in this line titled Superblendable Makeup (2) I have dry skin, and pretty much avoid powders; this is one powder that doesn't dry me out nearly as much as others.

If you have oily skin, you'll have to reapply in the middle of the day (hence the four lippies.) I know this because I used to have normal to oily skin (yes, this can change) and I had to reapply once or twice, but it's really quick and easy to reapply. And the end result to me was absolutely worth it. And it still is, even with dry skin. I love the finish of it. Other powders with the same finish don't seem to have the same effect.

Packing is pretty good--the only issue I have with it is that it'll break if you drop it about two times. But hey, it's cheaper than MAC's powder and I prefer it to MAC's so I'm letting them go on that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Wrenaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried other powders, and always seem to come back to this one. It's not too heavy, the color options are lovely, and it looks natural when applied with a powder brush. It also does NOT make me break out (unlike MAC, which did). I'm quite fair, so I use Porcelain, and it looks great. I also love the blush (Baby Blossom is my color) from this same line - not so much the liquid foundation though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this, but it's definitely no good for concealing any marks on the face. It feels really light and fine and I think that even if you bought the wrong shade, it wouldn't be a big deal because it's so light. I would just use this as a light dusting powder, not a foundation powder.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

This is awful color and texture. The powder is visible. Not a good selection.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by lynnphi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not a big fan of foundation, although in my "old" age I find that I need a little something to even out my skintone and make me look more polished for work. As a NC42, I tried this in W7 (caramel beige) which was too dark. I exchanged it for the W6 (sun beige) which is a great match. It has a good amount of coverage and I don't need to wear foundation underneath. So far I am pleased, and crossing my fingers it doesn't oxidize on me!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ILovePickles

Let me start off by saying the color selection for this powder is amazing! I found my perfect shade. It looks so natural on me. The powder has an even, natural looking coverage, and doesn't change color on me during the day.
The only down side to this powder is that it doesn't control oil very well. My nose gets shiny after an hour of wearing this, and I'm not liking the smell that comes from the product either.
Other than those things, this is a decent powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by daniellesabra

This powder goes on smoothly and gives very light coverage, however it does not last long on my combination skin. It tends to become greasy and thick the longer it stays on. It does accentuate dry areas a LOT so if you have dry skin, this is not for you. Actually, I feel like normal skin types are the only skin types this will work well for. This powder works better for me during the winter when it's not hot out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

Hmmm...I'm not too fond of this. I have normal-combo skin and makes my skin look pretty dry and makes my face look flaky. Couldn't find a decent colour match for my NC37-40 yellow undertoned skin...they were all pretty light. My mum uses this powder though and seems to like it. Me however, I don't. Much prefer my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by m1ch3ll13c

i'm already on my second so i would most def repurchase!! i love this stuff! way better tham mac's pressed powder imo. especially 4 the price. i just hate the packaging. it's such a hassle to switch back and forth to look in the mirror.. and it runs out a little quick but nonetheless hg so far!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by babycakes4

When I first bought this i thought this was wayy too dark but thank goodness it was not haha. It looks great on and I used a wet sponge to apply it on my face. I would definitely repurchase this.