Lancome Hypnose Waterproof

3.7

This is the best mascara, I have ever used. Let me tell you why. My Dad passed away suddenly, this past November. My Mom, and I went to Macy's to buy black dresses. I had no waterproof mascara, and knew I was giving the eulogy. I went to the counter, with tears in my eyes, asking for waterproof mascara. The gal was so sweet, trying to help me. All I could say was, I want my lashes to look like yours. I have always been my Dad's pretty girl, and didn't want to let him down when I gave his eulogy.
Hypnose didn't let me down, no running or smearing, during my twenty minute eulogy. Trust me I was crying heavily the entire time. I was in tears for two hours, during the service, and this mascara held up.
It also held up all night, during the dinner, and all the family and friends that made me cry more, talking about my Dad.

This mascara gave me spidery looking lashes, was non thickening and was the most difficult waterproof mascara I ever tried to remove. Back to Defincils or Diorshow I go.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

First off let me say I have extremely oily skin and all the other waterproof mascaras Ive tried all left me with the raccoon eyes. Lancome waterproof is the only one that works for me! Hypnose, definicils, whichever, as long as its waterproof and from lancome it works! The price is a little steep but its worth it if youre looking for a super waterproof mascara. This stuff only comes off with makeup remover. A good way to take it off is to soak some cotton pads in makeup remover and just let them rest on your eyes for 10-20 seconds. Rub and wash off. Ive strayed a little bit thinking I could get the same stuff for cheaper but no such luck I keep coming back for more. :)

Lancome Hypnose is one of my staple mascaras that I will keep buying over and over again. Yeah, I'm one of those mascara junkies who love trying out different mascaras and always have an arsenal of about 10-12 unopened tubes waiting their turn. Hypnose is supposed to be a volumizing mascara, it's ok in that department. It's not as thickening as Voluminous but it's not as clumpy either. I rarely have to use a lash comb with Hypnose until I'm on my 4th or 5th coat :)

The Lancome WP formula wears like iron, doesn't smudge or flake off for me. It only comes off with an oil cleanser which is what I use anyways. My lashes aren't that crunchy either and my curl is kept - both factors are very important to me.

I will continue purchasing Hypnose, especially if there is great GWP or PWP offer going on. Why not? :) continued >>

This is super waterproof without making my lashes stiff. Nice black pigment (Definicils waterproof is more of a soft black, more like a grey. I didn't like that.) Keeps the curl well like all waterproofs should, nice application, length and definition, not super thickening but not really not worth dinging it for...really happy with it. Removes easily with Lacome Bi-Facil. Very, very good product.

This is my holy grail mascara! When I first bought this It made me feel obligated to buy other lancome products because it seems like something you should use in conjuction with other products. But then I figured hey this is my mascara and I will play by my rules even if that means paying twenty something bucks for mascara and four bucks for face powder. This mascara is well worth the cost! At first I thought id wear this only for special occasions but then I heard your supposed to replace your mascara every three months so I use it everyday to enjoy it while I can. This holds my curl from my eyelash curler niceley without looking fake. Also it saves me time because I can put up to six coats without clumping so I dont needa sit there picking clumps out of my lashes. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara I would recommend it for anyone! The ONLY gripe I have is that its supposed to wear for sixteen hours but I wear it for about 10 and If I rub my eye it starts to flake, maybe I needs use less coats? Ill update again and see if this is a problem with 2 coats instead of six

UPDATE: If you apply this in layers it looks clumpy at first but after it dries it blends in better and actually seperates lashes even more.......

Was just an average mascara. Didn't add any length until multiple coats, and even then, no oomph. I exchanged mine for definicils, we'll see how that one turns out. The only mascaras that I have found to add oomph with only one coat is my diorshow unlimited and maybelline volum express (fat tube).

This mascara is amazing! It volumizes and lengthens your lashes without weighing them down, and they curl your lashes too! Usually I have to re-curl my lashes after applying mascara, but with Hypnose I never have to. I highly recommend this product!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow. Just wow. I cannot believe this stuff. Volumizing, lengthening, and totally waterproof. Not a single flake or smudge, either. The only problem I have is, how the heck do you get this stuff off? UPDATE: This sounds really gross, but I actually ended up wearing this for 48 hours straight while moving out of state (I didn't have eye makeup remover) and this stuff stayed on the entire time with no flaking, even after washing my face and sleeping.

So far, this is the best mascara I've ever used. I've used MAC, Stila, Shiseido, Maybelline, Loreal, Body Shop and Bobbi Brown, but none works like this one! Much better than the L'extreme. It lengthen, curl and volumize my lashes and it doesn't clump. Stays all day and DOES NOT SMUDGE AT ALL - I once wore it on a 16-hour flight! The best part is that whenever I go to makeup counters to try a few makeup products, most of the MA thought I had false eyelashes on! I would say, this is my HG mascara!

Popular Mascaras