December 22, 2014 | 871 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by plasticliche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was superexcited to buy this product and to finally say goodbye to nasty chemical cleansers, but I don't think Angel on bare skin is right for me. My skin is normal, a bit oily on the t-zone but I'm not acne-prone and my only issue are a few of blackheads, but when I first used this my face literally EXPLODED with blemishes. I thought that maybe it was because my skin needed to adapt, in fact after a few days the blemishes disappeared and I felt my skin was very hydrated. But then I started to notice an alarming amount of blackheads and dilated pores.
I don't understand, I thought this product was meant to exfoliate and purify your skin while mine seems to be getting worse and worse.
I think I'm going to try another Lush cleanser and if it doesn't work I might go back to chemical ones - at least they work!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Liannabelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this face wash! It exfoliates your skin beautifully! The very first time I used this face wash, my face was sooo soft. I love it because it is made out of natural ingredients instead of harsh chemicals and its not one of those exfoliators that harm your skin when you scrub it, perfect for people with sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a messy, overly-fraganced "cleanser" that doesn't do anything for your skin but irritating it. I just don't get the raves. This left my skin dry and irritated and didn't do the job in removing any dirt or oil. It has tons of fragrance, and fragrance just feels toxic and it can actually irritate your skin. Plus, this got moldy after 2 months of purchasing it... gross, I know. One of the worst cleansers I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by alyy9

PROS:
# natural ingredients, no nasty chemicals!
# extremely moisturising
# lavender scent
# light daily exfoliant

CONS:
# doesn't remove make up well
# expiry date, I half it with my boyfriend

I feel it is more of a moisturiser then a cleanser, would definitely buy again though, as it has cured my dry skin on my face immensely in this dry aussie summer! Also don't mind the packaging, you can return 5 for a free tub of fresh face mask :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by azazel0805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is really expensive, but ugh, I'm in love with it and will most likely be buying it again after I've used up my current tub. I love how this smells! I've seen some people complaining about the smell, but mine smells so good - it just smells heavily of chamomile and almonds which I love. I wonder if it just depends on where it was made? The stuff we get at my local LUSH store come from Japan, which I'm really happy about because products made in Japan generally tend to be of high quality based on experience.
This is a really gentle scrub that leaves your face soft and smooth. I don't use toner when I use this cleanser because it works well on its own. I do, however, have to use another cleanser before Angels on Bare Skin if I've been wearing makeup because this is too gentle to remove all traces of makeup. So Coalface + Angels on Bare Skin at night and Angels on Bare Skin in the morning is a pretty good routine. I alternate this with Dark Angels :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by butchesa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love AOBS! While I am still interested in exploring Lush's other cleansers, this is far and above superior to any other product I've ever used on my face. I had terrible acne as a teenager and it's plagued me into adulthood - after years of trying to beat it into submission with harsh drugstore cleansers and prescription medications, I had given up on finding anything that would ever work on my sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin. Cue my introduction to Lush. This cleanser has a soft, milky texture with lightly exfoliating properties. While it won't lather in the same way as many drugstore cleansers, don't let that fool you - this is very effective and leaves my skin baby soft. I pinch a small amount (between the size of a pea and a bean) into my hand and massage water into it to make a paste, which I use on my face. I find this works best in the shower in the mornings - using it over the sink can be a little messy, hence why I only gave this 4/5 stars - but the lavender and oats keep this scrub calming enough that you could use it at night without issue.

If you will be the only one using AOBS, I would recommend the smaller of the two sizes Lush offers - it's the perfect amount to go through before it expires.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Absolutely amazing cleanser!!! I've been meaning to try this out for the last few years but have been constantly put off by the smell. However, I bought a small tub last week, used it for seven days and I love it!!! Like others, I agree that its an excellent morning cleanser and leaves my skin baby soft and smooth! And the smell is not so obvious when you only use a pea-size amount on the face. I'm definitely buying a bigger tub of this later to share with my sister!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 4:37:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

Great cleanser, smells divine, applies to face beautifully cleanses well all around a fantastic product!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by loriorio

I tried Angels on Bare Skin over the summer. I usually use Dark Angels and when I went to Lush for more, I talked to a clerk about my recent sunburn and she suggested to give this a try since it's more of a mild cleanser and should soothe my very sad skin. I wasn't expecting much from this but it really worked! It actually soothed my skin and it's creamy consistency did nothing to irritate it. It was also gentle enough for me to use everyday for a speedy recovery. I haven't added this one to my regular routine though. Dark Angels just offers a lot more for me in that respect. But for summer time sunburns, I'll be buying this again since it's more ideal for sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

Ugh, God, NO.
I have been on this *epic* quest to find a cleanser that won't make my crazy skin react. I certainly do not have the same skin I had in my teen years and 20's. It wasn't perfect skin but it didn't annoy the hell out of me.
Now, when I use a cleanser that's not for me, I experience one of these reactions:
A) Millia. Mega Millia. Milla from Mars.
B) Red itchy splotches that turn into red bumps that either go away within an hour or a few days, OR
C) Congestion that is beyond medical science.
With AOBS I experienced two of the three. The itchy/red bump scene is the most dreadful, because NOTHING will calm it down, and those bumps can turn into scaly things that make my skin look awful. I also got the very congested skin. This is due to that film of Calamine that ABOS leaves on the skin.

I really wanted to like LUSH, I've tried Mask of Magnaminty (like) but anything else I have tried just made my skin angry.
I only bought 50 grams. Maybe my daughter would like it.
Moving on to just plain colloidal oatmeal. I'll wash night and day with just that, and I'll report back in one week, guaranteed.
See my notepad if you are interested in the epic quest.