LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 10/5/2013 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Angels On Bare Skin is one of the best Vegan face cleansers I've use yet. It's gentle exfoliant texture makes my skin smooth and due to the almond base when you add a little water to the small amount on your palm and mix it around to make a paste it moisturises really well. The lavender buds and scent is so delightful. Other vegan cleansers have left my face dry feeling and I got little under the skin surface bumps, not pimples. I use this with the Imperialis Moisturiser from Lush too. I have seriously fallen in love with all my Lush products!!

on 9/29/2013 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Bought this online for NZ$18.90 and I am impressed. It looks like a small tub (and it is haha) but considering the amount of product you use each time it is worth it. I use this as my daily cleanser and so far it has been great. I use it after taking off my makeup with MAC cleanse off oil - but because my face has been breaking out ridiculously lately I'm going to swap out all of my products when I have used them up. That is why I bought AOBS, because I wanted something natural to try and help. Love the smell, and the texture which is creamy but soft-grainy, so it lightly exfoliates as well. I love it how you can feel the oils left on your skin afterwards as well. It just leaves your skin so soft and really clean.

on 9/21/2013 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am on to my second little tub of this cleanser. I love that it feels so natural and medieval to use! A gentle scrub with an almond meal base, this lavender-scented clay cleanser makes my skin so soft and perfectly prepared for moisturising and makeup. I'll swear it is also helping to control the cystic acne I get on my jaw, which is so helpful! My skin, aside from the hormonal acne issues on my jaw, is actually very dry and this lovely stuff helps to sort that out, too. An all round great cleanser and such a treat to use. Oh, I must add that while it isn't cheap...around $18.50NZ, it lasts for ages! It's a keeper!

on 9/8/2013 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm on my 4th or 5th tub of this now and i LOVE it. It's technically a scrub, but it's super gentle. I use this every couple of days (I use Purity Made Simple the rest of the time) and it keeps my skin smooth, soft, and hydrated. I also use this to scrub my legs before I shave, and it keeps razor burn at bay. This is a really excellent product, well worth the money.

on 8/16/2013 8:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is the best cleanser ever for my skin.
When I turned 20 I suddenly started getting spots and I used all the harsh face washes out there to find that salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide didn't work on my skin, they just make it sore because it's so sensitive.

I turned to Lush about a year ago and decided that Angels was the right cleanser for me. When I first bought it I was immediately put off by the smell as it's rather strong, but I got used to it and oh my god, the difference to my skin was incredible, I stopped getting new spots and the redness calmed down as did the oiliness on my t-zone. I eventually ran out of money as a poor student and had to stop buying it.
A year later my skin was a total mess again after going on a different pill which totally ruined my face and then changing to a nicer one. However I still had really bad spots so I decided to try the ultrabland challenge which stopped my spots from hurting but I was still having massive breakouts every other day, so I decided to try Angels again and 2 days into using it again my skin is clearing up, my spots aren't painful and I don't have any new spots either.
I now use ultrabland to remove my makeup at night and angels in the morning and my skin is getting better and better.
This is such a good product for acne prone combination skin as it moisturises whilst balancing and I could not recommend it more!

on 8/7/2013 4:13:00 PM

I love hand-made, natural cosmetics, I love the idea behind them and I love the fact that most of them work great on my skin. I was looking for a gentle daily cleanser which would not irritate my eczema-prone skin and after reading a lot of great reviews I decided to buy Angels on Bare Skin.

I use it in the shower, because it can get quite messy - it contains grounded almonds and lavender flowers. The consistency reminds me a bit of a play-dough, probably because of the clay. I love the smell, I love that it gently exfoliates without being harsh. You don't need much to wash your whole face, just a pea size or so.

After using it my skin feels really clean, at the same time it's soft and moisturized, the cleanser leaves a subtle film on the skin, but nothing greasy. Lush say "Angels on Bare Skin evens out skin tone, reduces redness and improves the health and appearance of your skin – giving a natural healthy glow." - it definitely reduces redness and makes my skin look very nice.

The product is supposed to be used within 3 months since the production date and I noticed that this is exactly how much it takes me to use up the 100g pot.

I also have a review of AoBS here: http://7hillsofbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/05/lush-angels-on-bare-skin.html

on 8/4/2013 6:57:00 PM

Usually, I'm one of those people that products never work for me. However, I can honestly say this case was different! I've been using this face wash for a few months and I can totally say it has changed my complexion. I usually have very oily and acne-prone skin, but this makes my face feel soft and has left me acne free! I will definetely keep purchasing this. Thanks LUSH!

on 7/17/2013 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this in the morning, when I'm groggy and don't want anything harsh or zingy. The lavender scent of this eases me back into the real world, instead of the violent shock you get from some morning facial cleansers. I took off a lippy because I found that this wasn't effective as a makeup remover. Gives a very gentle exfoliation, cleanses, and leaves skin soft and feeling fresh.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I used to use LUSH products religiously, but now i just find them overrated, expensive and i really dislike the flimsy packaging - when i bought this product it used to come in a small clear plastic case. now i believe they just wrap it up in paper.
I found this product to do absolutely nothing for my skin. my skin is not overcome with acne, but i do get the odd spot here and there. i disliked the consistency, it is very odd and hard to explain. it is soft, but feels bitty also. the smell is not particularly pleasant, and it is difficult to wash off as i found it clings to the skin.
the only good thing i can say is that LUSH do try and use mostly natural products and stay true to that, which is why i still shop there occasionally (normally to buy LUSH colour supplement which is fab!)
however..sorry LUSH, this is yet another product i am disappointed in.

on 6/28/2013 9:26:00 PM

I found that this product wasn't horrible but it did over dry my skin and make it look kind of red. my pores also seemed more noticeable and my makeup didn't go on as well. I can tell it would probably work for someone though