MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

its e/s like vex that give mac its famous reputation. you just don't see colors like this anywhere else. i adore this e/s, its so sexy! its a gray color, with some beigy/silver, and then when you swatch it, or put it on your eyes also has a sea-foam green and a baby pink hue! so gorgeouss, this is obviously great paired with club, humid, or any green color. but you don't have to keep it in the green family. i love it with pinks, and i think it looks bomb with sketch and pink freeze. also im picking up the sugarsweet collections dear cupcake e/s and i bet it will be so pretty with that. this is also one of my fave brow highlighters too. if you have any questions about this one, let me know id be glad to talk to you bout it :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

One of the most unique shadows I have in my stash! Vex is one that I think any MAC girl should own if for no other reason than it's unique-ness! Vex is a light taupe/grey in the pot .. but swiped on flashes light green and pink. it's incredibly gorgeous and very versatile! There are so many shade combinations that one can do with this shadow. It's incredibly beautiful! Rave from me!

Vex is such a beautiful highlighter and a must have for my smokey eye look.

It looks very boring in the pan - you think it's going to go on grey, but it goes on very shimmery with pink tones. For this reason, I like to use it with Pink Opal and Carbon to create a black/smokey eye. It works well with other colors also and looks great on fair skin. Wonderful texture!

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

In the pan Vex looks like a relatively flat pale grey-green. Swatch it on your hand, rub it across your hand and you will see the dimensions of this lovely pale lid shade, light enough to be used as an all-over shadow by those with darker skin tones (pas moi). Me, I'm very fair, a neutral NC/W 15 with olive eyes and dark hair, and this is becoming one of my most commonly used lid shades for many reasons.

Firstly, it's light enough to open up the eye without drowning it out and demanding a dramatic eyeliner/mascara look, though it does look good with that. Secondly, the neutral multichromatic (oyster green, satiny shell pink) shimmer makes it very wearable with nearly everything in my extensive shadow collection. On my eyelids the inner eyes tend to show off the pink, while the middle and outer eyelids appear more greenish-grey, all the while looking smooth and pale. It really reminds me of a bleached Patina. Vex is not too frosty or sparkly, like say "Expensive Pink", which IMHO, has too much shimmer in it's multichrome efforts. Thirdly, it wears well physically. Vex smooths over the lid in a nice, rich pigment and you don't need to pack it on. With primer it lasts all day, doesn't fade or wither and doesn't leave flecks under your eyes. A perfect shadow.

I wear this with plums (Mac Shale, Satin Taupe: SB Minx in outer V), Neutral browns (Mac Soba: Lise Watier Chocolat in outer V), with Dazzellight on the browbone. My favourite look is with Satin Taupe and Dazzellight. It does NOT look good with Shroom on the browbone - the warmth is too contrasting to Vex's neutrality.

As usual I got the pro-pan, so no packaging complaints. This one is easy to overlook. I did for eons, but am grateful there are treasures yet to be unearthed. It's now a staple in my collection.

Have been through two pots of this. Pretty colour, great for all over eye colour with shale in the crease. Done.

This is such a pretty unique color. Works as a highlighter and great as a base for any other colors!!

HG! Love this to highlight or blended on top of a dark color (try the plummy side of NARS Habanera!). This is a pretty white/pink/green duochrome on my eyes and one of the few es that I have ever hit pan. Will definitely repurchase!

A very versatile e/s, that can be worn alone or paired with purples and/or greens. Creamy texture that blends easily.

Gorgeous color. I use it as a wash alone. Paired with Satin Taupe, Club or Trax. Such a pretty subtle look. I'm not brave with color, and I'm almost 40, and often think that the dramatic looks should be left to the 20 year old women (wish I had learned about makeup back then!) however, this color makes me feel adventurous. Love it.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this color. It's a highlighter, plus you can wear it on its own. I can best describe it being an iridescent color. It may sound cheesy, but the color is awesome. It brightens up my eyes a bit when I'm wearing dark eyeshadows. I use it underneath the brow and at the innner corner of my eyes.

Top Rated MAC Products