MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

on 4/10/2009 10:51:00 PM

Vex is such a beautiful highlighter and a must have for my smokey eye look.

It looks very boring in the pan - you think it's going to go on grey, but it goes on very shimmery with pink tones. For this reason, I like to use it with Pink Opal and Carbon to create a black/smokey eye. It works well with other colors also and looks great on fair skin. Wonderful texture!

on 3/31/2009 3:24:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

In the pan Vex looks like a relatively flat pale grey-green. Swatch it on your hand, rub it across your hand and you will see the dimensions of this lovely pale lid shade, light enough to be used as an all-over shadow by those with darker skin tones (pas moi). Me, I'm very fair, a neutral NC/W 15 with olive eyes and dark hair, and this is becoming one of my most commonly used lid shades for many reasons.

Firstly, it's light enough to open up the eye without drowning it out and demanding a dramatic eyeliner/mascara look, though it does look good with that. Secondly, the neutral multichromatic (oyster green, satiny shell pink) shimmer makes it very wearable with nearly everything in my extensive shadow collection. On my eyelids the inner eyes tend to show off the pink, while the middle and outer eyelids appear more greenish-grey, all the while looking smooth and pale. It really reminds me of a bleached Patina. Vex is not too frosty or sparkly, like say "Expensive Pink", which IMHO, has too much shimmer in it's multichrome efforts. Thirdly, it wears well physically. Vex smooths over the lid in a nice, rich pigment and you don't need to pack it on. With primer it lasts all day, doesn't fade or wither and doesn't leave flecks under your eyes. A perfect shadow.

I wear this with plums (Mac Shale, Satin Taupe: SB Minx in outer V), Neutral browns (Mac Soba: Lise Watier Chocolat in outer V), with Dazzellight on the browbone. My favourite look is with Satin Taupe and Dazzellight. It does NOT look good with Shroom on the browbone - the warmth is too contrasting to Vex's neutrality.

As usual I got the pro-pan, so no packaging complaints. This one is easy to overlook. I did for eons, but am grateful there are treasures yet to be unearthed. It's now a staple in my collection.

Have been through two pots of this. Pretty colour, great for all over eye colour with shale in the crease. Done.

on 3/29/2009 12:22:00 AM

This is such a pretty unique color. Works as a highlighter and great as a base for any other colors!!

HG! Love this to highlight or blended on top of a dark color (try the plummy side of NARS Habanera!). This is a pretty white/pink/green duochrome on my eyes and one of the few es that I have ever hit pan. Will definitely repurchase!

on 3/2/2009 5:16:00 AM

A very versatile e/s, that can be worn alone or paired with purples and/or greens. Creamy texture that blends easily.

on 2/22/2009 11:42:00 AM

Gorgeous color. I use it as a wash alone. Paired with Satin Taupe, Club or Trax. Such a pretty subtle look. I'm not brave with color, and I'm almost 40, and often think that the dramatic looks should be left to the 20 year old women (wish I had learned about makeup back then!) however, this color makes me feel adventurous. Love it.

on 2/3/2009 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this color. It's a highlighter, plus you can wear it on its own. I can best describe it being an iridescent color. It may sound cheesy, but the color is awesome. It brightens up my eyes a bit when I'm wearing dark eyeshadows. I use it underneath the brow and at the innner corner of my eyes.

on 1/23/2009 5:35:00 PM

I own about twenty well-selected (if I do say so myself :p) MAC eyeshadows and this one is my favorite. It looks like moon dust in the pan and goes on as a dusty green-tinged white with a definite pink flash. It just glows. Of course this is great for the corners of your eye (I use it there almost every day) but this also an amazing duochrome lid color, sometimes I'll just wear this alone and it's deep enough to look beautiful.

on 1/7/2009 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love this eyeshadow!!! i wear it with mont black in the crease and then define it more with carbon and i get compliments everyday when i wear it

Top Rated MAC Products