Redken Color Extend Shampoo

3.1

Sodium laureth sulfate

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My hair has been stripped and colored back to a dark brownish black this year. I started using this product, and color seems to stay longer than it usually does. My hair feels much more healthier than when I was using anything else. But I believe the magic is really in the conditioner version of the duo.

I adore this shampoo. It gently cleanses my hair and totally works as an everyday shampoo as well. It doesn't strip my hair of its highlights nor does it dry out my hair. The price point isn't so bad but well worth it in my book. Word of caution: a little goes a long way. It comes out rather milky but trust me, use it sparingly.

This is one of the worst shampoos!! My hair feels dry after using this and the conditioner and does not style well after using. I will not buy again.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Eh... I've had a good experience with Redken products, which is why when my stylist told me to buy this, I did. She said I needed it to get the Ph balance in my hair back to normal and this would help. Well, I don't know if it's the fact that I just got my hair highlighted or what but let's just say this stuff makes my hair feel disgusting. I have a straight perm and this makes my hair curly. Yeah, also dry and crunchy. It cleans reasonably well and smells decent but for a $15 price tag, I would expect something half moisterizing. No, not this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used this shampoo for a few days and I am very pleased with the results. It makes my curly, thick, frizzy hair soft and shiny, no matter how tangled it is. One thing I noticed is that after 3 days of using it my color started to fade away slightly on the sections of my hair that were processed with discoloration (had highlights about 10 months ago), so I am not sure if this really protects your color. I think its an amazing shampoo for damaged hair.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a good product :)

Redken products are more like perscriptions for your hair there is a family for each hair type, there are many factors why this might not work for you, think about it: you dont buy deep heat if you've got a sore throat do you?

colour extend is not for highlights, thats what blonde glam is for.
Use this from the moment you have your hair coloured and you will notice the look and feel of your hair is improved compared to the cheap crap which pumps your hair full of silicone from the shelf of a supermarket

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For more than six years I've been dying my hair dark brown, almost black and quite frankly: I have to re-dye every four to six weeks whether I use this shampoo or not, so it isn't doing what it should. *shrugs* It makes my hair shiny, though, and it's easy to comb even when wet.

Not gonna buy again

After dying my hair, eventually I noticed it was starting to fade..so I went to CVS and was scanning the shelves for a good color saving shampoo...and there were so many products to pick from and I saw Redken and remembered that Redken is one of the best shampoos on the market so I bought it and tried it out. It did wonders for my hair....let me tell you. It helped slow down the fading, and made my hair shiny. I would definately buy this product again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my favorite shampoo for my colored hair that I have found -- I really noticed a difference in the length of time before the fading started vs. other shampoos that I have tried. Will definitely repurchase!

One of my favorite shampoos. Keeps my highlights from fading ,turning brassy&doesn't dry out my hair. I buy this by the liter and purchase a liter pump from Sally Beauty Supply for ease of use.