Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

4.1

Caprylic/Capric Triglycerid. Zea Mays (Corn) Starch. Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate. Nylon 12. Dipentaeythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinare. Isostearyl Isostearate. Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate. Talc. Sorbitan Stearate. Water\Aqua\Eu. Polyacrylamide. C13-14 Isoparaffin. Polyvinyl Alcohol. Bytylene Glycol. Laureth-7. Tin Oxide. Sodium Benzoate. Sodiym Dehydroacetate. Phenoxyethanol. Methyparaben. Ethylparaben. Proplyparaben. Butylparaben.

on 7/8/2004 1:05:00 PM

I love this stuff!

It doesnt make my skin look oily or make me look baked.. just swipe it on to wherever and it looks so natural and sheer!

on 7/1/2004 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i wanted to reveiw the broze shimmerbrick. i ended up swapping it away because for some reason at the time it just didn't work for me. so i swapped it away. but i started lemming it so i ended up buying it again and this time i LOVE IT. i don't know maybe because it's summer but now it works for me. it's now my HG summer blush. gives me the perfect glow. i still love my beige shimmerbrick but this now rates equally to that.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm an NC35 and not only did this not show up very well, it accented my pores HORRIBLY! No thanks.

on 6/8/2004 7:47:00 PM

I tried this at Neimans (the pink one since I'm a PPP) and although it left a pretty sheen on my skin, it wasn't that noticeable or special considering the high price. I get a better effect with Benefit HighLight for the daytime and Loracs Oil-Free Luminzer at night ... and the sparkles don't land everywhere. I also think $35 is ALOT for this item considering both of the others I just mentioned are much cheaper (Benefit's is 1/2 the price). I decided against buying it since I like the other products I mentioned more for the purpose. As for the bronze version of this, it is WAY too dark for this cool-toned PPP. I hate that look (dark bronzers) on pale girls.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this stuff! I have it in bronze, and it's very pretty and doesn't look fake on me (pale brunette). Also lasts a long time on my face. Will definitely RP, but maybe in Pink.

on 5/15/2004 12:22:00 PM

I just started using/buying the BB Shimmer Bricks - I have it in Beige and Pink. Next, I am planning to buy the Bronze, but as I live in Bangkok, the BB counters only get limited shipments of them - so I've got to wait it out for Bronze. I got the Beige because I had not been able to initially buy the Pink as it was out of stock or not in season, one or the other I was never clear of from the BAs at various dept. stores. Surprisingly, I find the Beige much easier to use than the Pink. I use brown frost colored eyeshadows and using it to highlight the inner part of the upper lid. I've been using it everyday so far (beige one). I haven't been so successful using it on the upper cheek or face area - or rather, I am more successful applying it on the eye area. It takes a while to get used to applying techniques. I ended up buying special "contour" (Stila dbl-end no. 20) and "smudge" (BB eye smudge and MAC no. 219 - the MAC brush didn't work as well as the Stila one) especially to get the right effect since the tools I had wouldn't do it. And am very happy with these products! Recommend it as one of the HGs of making-up your face!!!!

on 5/13/2004 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the Beige shimmerbrick. Gorgeous color although I am starting to notice that it emphasizes pores. I used to have small pores and I have no idea what changed but I don't like that aspect. Oh well, the search continues, I am hoping it is just my cleanser or something

on 5/10/2004 1:24:00 AM

I have been eyeing these shimmerbricks forever! I'm a PPP with brown hair/green eyes and loved the idea of the pink one but I already own so many shades...thought the bronze one was gorgeous but didn't think I could pull it off...well I received the bronze one as a gift (much to my surprise!) this weekend and I am infatuated with this product! The colors look amazing on my eyes (the ruddiest shade of brown really makes the green in my eyes stand out) and as a bronzer this is gorgeous! I just bought MAC Peachykeen which I love for everyday use and I dusted a little bit of this for a subtle, shimmery glow. I received all kinds of compliments today...now I want to check out the beige one after reading all the rave reviews!!!

on 5/1/2004 1:40:00 AM

I use the Beige and Brown for eyeshadow and highlighter and this is fabulous! Just lovely. You can't use too much, either. The color range is divine. You can blend or separate the colors. I tend to use the white shimmer on my eyes. It makes them pop.

on 5/1/2004 12:26:00 AM

I love to use this product in the summer as a bronzer. All the colors swirled together produce the perfect shade bronzer, balanced with lighter and darker shades of shimmery bronzers/highlighters. It imparts an ethereal glow to my face, especially to my cheeks, that looks very natural, although shimmery. Very beautiful effect. I like to use this instead of blush when I'm going for a more natural look or with colors in that sun-kissed family. The "bricks" can fall out of the compact if it is turned upside down, which could be avoided with better packaging. The one I have is the basic one, not the Pink or Bronze (brown) one. I also have the brush that came in a special set with this, the Bobbi Brown Blush Brush. I like to use the individual colors as eyeshadows, as well as mixed with lipgloss for a great look. It's a multitask product for me. Great item, but a bit expensive for what it is.