Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

4.1

Caprylic/Capric Triglycerid. Zea Mays (Corn) Starch. Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate. Nylon 12. Dipentaeythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinare. Isostearyl Isostearate. Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate. Talc. Sorbitan Stearate. Water\Aqua\Eu. Polyacrylamide. C13-14 Isoparaffin. Polyvinyl Alcohol. Bytylene Glycol. Laureth-7. Tin Oxide. Sodium Benzoate. Sodiym Dehydroacetate. Phenoxyethanol. Methyparaben. Ethylparaben. Proplyparaben. Butylparaben.

I have the Bronze Shimmerbrick -- I like it but it is not worth the $35 price tag. All the colors look practically the same on me if used individually as eyeshadow, so I just swirl all of them around to use it as a blush/bronzer. It's a nice shade, maybe a bit too shimmery for some. It does last all day, though... but I will probably not repurchase because it is too expensive for what it is.

I was skeptical about these shimmerbricks because I am already happy with NARS Multiple in Copacabana, which imparts a nice pearly shimmer.

But, after hearing all the raves for Beige Shimmerbrick on the makeup board, I decided to try it on while I was at the BB counter.

True to the raves, Beige gives you a candlelit glow, or a 'glow from within' look. I own Guerlain Les Meteorites face compact powder (famous for giving skin a 'flawless' appearance, and does live up to the hype), and Beige shimmerbrick provides comparable results. If you are deciding to purchase one, Beige is the way to go for fair to moderately fair complexions.

Yes, there are many shimmer particles, but the shimmer pigments are very fine and not at all gaudy-looking in daylight.

The only cons about this product has to do with packaging: For $35 dollars, shimmerbricks should not fall out of their compacts (as my MA warned) and should be durable enough to toss in your purse for work or for a night out. 1 lippie off for the packaging, but otherwise, I am very happy with my purchase!

I really, really wanted to love this but just don't! I first got the beige and wasn't in love so gave it to my sister. It was just too much shimmer and didn't do anything for me. Then, I gave it one more shot with the pink--so sad-it was even worse!! I won't buy this again but am sure it works for some, just not me~

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am just a little bit undecided on this. I recently ordered it, and maybe I just need to experiment more before I can draw a final conclusion on this product. So far, I do like using this over eyeshadow to give a holographic effect. It's a great browbone highlighter and gives a very pretty, angelic glow. =) I also like using the shimmerbrick lightly over my blush because I noticed that it tones down blush color to keep it subtle but noticeable because of the extra shimmer. The thing that really annoys me about this product is its huge price tag. I am sure it will last forever, but I just have a problem with the fact that I paid 35.00 for shimmer. That's kind of pushing it, so I doubt I would by this again if I ever manage to use what I have.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was lemming this for so long because it looks soooo purrty in the compact - finally got the Bronze off eBay. It is so pretty, but a touch TOO shimmery for me. I like shimmer, but put on even a touch too much & you look like a disco queen. The shades are also excellent as shimmery e/s - but brown colours don't look with my eyes. Agree about making the pores look larger, but as long as you wear a primer or foundation underneath, you're rocking. And what is up with the cheap packaging? I don't think I would re-purchase b/c of the price, but this stuff will last you a loooong time, so if you like these, it's probably worth it.

I love this stuff!

It doesnt make my skin look oily or make me look baked.. just swipe it on to wherever and it looks so natural and sheer!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i wanted to reveiw the broze shimmerbrick. i ended up swapping it away because for some reason at the time it just didn't work for me. so i swapped it away. but i started lemming it so i ended up buying it again and this time i LOVE IT. i don't know maybe because it's summer but now it works for me. it's now my HG summer blush. gives me the perfect glow. i still love my beige shimmerbrick but this now rates equally to that.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm an NC35 and not only did this not show up very well, it accented my pores HORRIBLY! No thanks.

I tried this at Neimans (the pink one since I'm a PPP) and although it left a pretty sheen on my skin, it wasn't that noticeable or special considering the high price. I get a better effect with Benefit HighLight for the daytime and Loracs Oil-Free Luminzer at night ... and the sparkles don't land everywhere. I also think $35 is ALOT for this item considering both of the others I just mentioned are much cheaper (Benefit's is 1/2 the price). I decided against buying it since I like the other products I mentioned more for the purpose. As for the bronze version of this, it is WAY too dark for this cool-toned PPP. I hate that look (dark bronzers) on pale girls.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this stuff! I have it in bronze, and it's very pretty and doesn't look fake on me (pale brunette). Also lasts a long time on my face. Will definitely RP, but maybe in Pink.