August 1, 2014 | 1072 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eyeliner Gel Macroviolet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by ultra0violent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

When I first used macroviolet I actually wasn't really a fan of it, it just looked like a muddy dark purple/brown. But I've used it a few more times and I got used to having to layer it probably two times or so and I actually really like it now. It really makes my green eyes stand out and it looks wicked with gold/bronze eyeshadows. And the texture is sweet, its really creamy and easy to apply. I love the fluidlines they are the best eye liners around, I use nothing else now haha.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2007 1:50:00 PM More reviews by NOREEN_CHAN

The colour is a medium purple and pretty much wears all day with no creasing or drift. The shimmer is really pretty and subtle. You can only see it if you’re two feet from my face. I went to the gym and took a hot shower afterwards and the eyeliner did stay put although the colour faded. So, I was left with about 40% of the colour intensity.

This is a really pretty alternative to black or brown and you can definitely wear it for day-to-day.

My only gripe with this fluidline is that it goes on unevenly and was hard to apply. It was not smooth. For that reason alone I wouldn’t repurchase because I don’t have time in the mornings to fight with it. I will stick to my Bobbi Brown gel eye liners. I will go and try their Violet Ink.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2007 1:18:00 PM More reviews by HauntedMoonlight

I love this color. It's a beautiful dark purple. It looks good with purple, pink, and even neutral colored eyeshadows. It doesn't fade at all during the day. I love the texture of Fluidlines. They don't irritate my eyes, like some liquid eyeliners do and they're much easier to use than pencils.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2007 10:27:00 AM More reviews by wordsandnumbers

This fluidline immediately made my hazel eyes look decidedly green, which I prefer sometimes. It is not a bright purple, which I really expected, but is very subtle, which I really needed! I plan to return to teaching in the fall, and I have no hesitations in wearing macroviolet every day. The first day, I used it with my inventive quad, and it is gorgeous! I can't wait to experiment. I had been lemming this for some time, so I was pleasantly surprised by it. I have been wearing fluidlines for approximately a year and really have no issues with them disappearing during the day. Quite the opposite, really. They usually are still there when I take my makeup off in the evening even if everything else has turned to mush.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by aroulston

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product - the color is a dupe for lancome le stylo waterproof e/l in aubergine. I wish it was a bit brigher purple though - but it is so neutral by itself I can actually wear it to work - I have to try it with black liquid e/l underneath to see if it stands out more. over all fluid lines are great products and I am happy to have found them...they definitely don't smear or end up on my browbone at the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by DogLover7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this color. I love all of the Fluidline gel liners. I'm obsessed. I like to use this one in place of black. It's a little softer and brings out the green in my eyes. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2007 4:51:00 AM More reviews by deesizzle

I like fluidlines, but this color just didn't do anything for me. It looks beautiful in the jar but when I apply it on my lids, it just looks dull and not vibrant enough for my liking. It almost reminds me of a dull dark brown or something. I had to return this..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2007 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Peacelover18

Maybe I'm just not good with this type of liner, but it's really hard to apply. The color is a nice dark purple though. But I prefer liquid liners.

EDIT 8/17/08: I now use MAC Fluidlines almost exclusively. I got the hang of applying them, and I almost never use liquid liner. I still have this one, but I'm not really crazy about the color and I won't be buying it again,

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2007 9:01:00 AM More reviews by tingy

This was the first fluidline that I got from M.A.C and I must that I was quite disappointed with the colour payoff. I think I must have drawn my lashline a thousand times whenever I use it. As a result, there were quite alot of flaking of this eyeliner. A pity that the shade is pretty though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 11:55:00 PM More reviews by StellaCH

I love this colour. Looks great against my dark eyes/eyelashes.
I took a lipstick off b/c the staying power is not the best.