Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

4.1

castor seed oil, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl triacetyl ricinoleate, candelila wax, carnauba wax, polyethylene, tocopheryl acetate [ yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 6 lake (ci 15850), blue 1 (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), red 7 lake (ci 15850), mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), red 30 lake (ci 73360), carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 22 lake (ci 45380), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), red 21 lake (ci 45380), yellow 6 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), orange 5 (ci 45370), red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 10/18/2012 1:41:00 AM

I'm very much a plain old chapstick kind of girl, but I'd heard about Black Honey and figured I'd give it go. Since I bought it a few months ago it's become one of my standard beauty products.

on 10/12/2012 8:46:00 PM

This dried out my lips so severly. Loved the tint it gave, but such a horrible performance. Not recommended.

on 10/7/2012 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

One swipe of this lipstick is the perfect MLBB shade. I layer this over a little lip balm for a perfect moist finish. You can also add extra layers of this product for a more dramatic look if you so desire.

I carry a tube of this with me all the time. I keep a tube in the bathroom. I also keep a third tube on hand just in case. I never want to be without this. My HG lipstick.

on 10/6/2012 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I don't know what i would do without this lipstick!

Seriously this lipstick is a 'queen' among my others, and i am a serious lipstick junkie. I own over 50 different lipstick shades!!! I was a bit hesitant to buy this because at first glance when trying it on in the store it was a bit plain. So i left without purchasing. I couldn't stop thinking about it though, and how many of my lipsticks are so similar but none really gave me the look this one did. It really was a 'my lips but 100x better' look. Which is perfect when you want to look like you are a natural stunner! Which is the look i am after these days. ( farewell nicki minaj pink by mac! ) Nudes wash me out, and everything else these days is too bright and garish to be attractive.

So i returned to sephora and bought the black honey. This was nearly 3 months ago, I currently wear it more then any other shade in my vast collection. Perhaps every second day or even more. Its perfect and i just wish i realized it sooner. You can wear 1 coat or layer it for a natural bombshell effect!

Not to mention everytime i wear it, sometimes just around the house in the mornings, hubby thinks i look extra sexy but can't put his finger on it! Ill keep my black honey a secret from my honey :P

If you don't have it, what are you waiting for? All of these people and votes cannot be wrong! It is a MUST for your collection girls!

on 10/3/2012 7:41:00 PM

Good sheer lip colour. It's not as moisturizing as a lip balm, but it isn't as dry as I remember it being the last time I tried a sample of it. It gives you colour without actually being a lipstick--not too shiny like a gloss, but not matte either. I can apply it without a mirror, which is pretty much what I look for in this sort of product.

on 9/27/2012 12:02:00 PM

I bought this a couple of weeks ago and have been wearing it every single day. It feels so smooth and nice on my lips and does not dry them out, but keeps them moisturized longer than anything I have tried short of chap stick. The color matches my skin perfectly and it is a very subtle nice tint it gives to my lips. This lasts a couple of hours on me if I do not eat anything and I really love that, because usually lighter tint lip products seem to fade really fast on me. I am looking forward to trying some of their other honey products!

on 9/24/2012 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I just got this in a swap today and already love the product! I am all about MLBB kind of colours. MLBB is different for everyone, and for me I like something slightly darker and more pigmented than my lip colour. This is a perfect plummy/wine coloured lip stain that is very subtle but does wonders for my face overall. A lot of users say it is quite drying and I don't think it is personally. It's definitely not creamy, but it doesn't dry my lips out either. I think this could definitely become a HG product for me!

I will say that there are probably cheaper alternatives than this, I just haven't come across any because I haven't looked. I love this colour a lot and it is definitely not one of a kind, it's just the first one I've encountered, so some lippie deductions for that!

on 9/14/2012 1:06:00 PM

I love the color, love the packaging, but it's a bit drying.
I feel like I need to apply a clear gloss over top. If it weren't for that, I'd give it a 5. :)

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love my black honey almost lipstick. It gives me color to my lips without being too much.

on 7/10/2012 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Weird. Within seconds of applying this beautiful color, my lips became dry to the point of being, well, crusty. Dropped it in a drawer at the office and tried it, off and on, over the next few months. Same result. Go figure.

Recommended for Medium Skin