September 2, 2014 | 2159 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by outlandishlady

I'm late to the game with trying this, but I love it already. Natural look, smooth feel. I do wish it lasted a bit longer but it's super easy to tote and reapply. This is going to be my summer go-to color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by sayshal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this "lipstick". Feels more like a lip balm, but the color is gorgeous on. My lips are naturally coral looking and the the black honey darkens and reddens them enough to make my lips really pop. I personally think this lipstick has pretty good staying power, about 2 hours? I also found the product to be moisturizing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

This should not be called a lipstick. It's really a balm cum gloss. It's a pretty colour but it doesn't have any staying power. And your hair keeps sticking to it. Plus in hot weather, it melts and breaks really easily. "Almost" lipstick is so right.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by erinoray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect MLBB (my lips but better) lipstick! In the tube, the lipstick looks frighteningly dark, but it's so sheer once applied. It's the perfect lipstick- I must be on my fourth or fifth tube by now. I won't wear anything else. I even lent it to my boss at an event and she swears by it now too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is amazing. It looks very dark, but one swipe and it just enhances your natural lip color in the most flattering manner. Lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by mayflower537

I used to wear this lipstick years ago when I was a teenager. In fact, it was the only lipstick I have ever consistently worn, b/c I hate lipstick and how fake it looks on me. When this was discontinued I was pretty disappointed. Then I was flipping through a magazine a week ago, and lo and behold, it's back!! I went straight to the Clinique counter and bought a tube. I'm so happy. It is not a really thick formula and it goes on sheer, although there is a nice brownish red color to it. I really love this stuff.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like the idea of the Almost Lipstick, but Black Honey is a horrible shade on me. I am super fair with blond hair. I prefer glossy nude color on the lips, so maybe that's why I didn't care for it. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by kochou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I first tried this over a decade ago and it has been a staple in my makeup bag ever since. I am a fan of subtle tints and hydrating balms. this gives me just enough color without over powering my face. it may not be for someone who wants high pigmentation. it wears like a lip tint with a glossy sheen. non-sticky and goes on smoothly. it is the only product of Clinique that I've stuck with.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have repurchased this many times, however once out, I will not be able to repurchase due to Clinique's new animal testing policy. Sigh..

On to the product description. It is not a lipstick, more like a non shiny gloss. Pretty color that goes well with my coloring. MLBB with a raspberry ting. Not too in your face, but can be worn at night

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by juliet1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so disappointed - this shade is about as unflattering as it gets for me! I have fair skin, pigmented lips and dark hair, and when I bought this I was hoping to get the same effect as the third picture above - a lovely warm and natural mlbb. Instead, it looks like a very shiny, muddy, old - fashioned, berry-brownish tint and totally drains all of the colour out of my face, it really doesn't do anything for me at all. I think the fact that I have very pigmented lips means that this lipstick turns a lot darker than I'd want it to go, so perhaps if you have paler lips you might have more success. The texture feels nice and I've given it points for that, but my search for a mlbb tint continues...