April 19, 2014 | 1064 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Kikokrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh Nivea. I love this product. Some background about my skin, i have sensitive ,combination, acne-prone skin. That likes to change according to the weather, so in the summer its more oily; and the wintertime dries my skin to flakes. And i also have eczema on my face. For a while i had such a difficult time finding a moisturizer that was perfect for me. Upon a whim, i found a little adorable tin of Nivea creme in my bathroom cupboard. Frustrated with my dry skin at the time i smothered this thick cream on my face and went to bed. Let me tell you...BEST THING I EVER DID. Absolutely amazing. I woke up with soft,supple, glowing skin. No grease ball face . It was everything i couldve asked for. A beautiful ,healthy sheen was left on my skin. I would repurchase over and over again. I even wear this before i put on foundation for smooth application. Its great for everything,especially a night creme . If there were two products i'd take to the grave it'd be Nivea creme and Vaseline. I cant wait to try the lighter version of this creme,i believe its Nivea Soft. It might be a wonderful daily moisturizer! 5/5 for Nivea Creme!:D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another 'throw-back' 'old-school' item, inexpensive enough to hunt down and try. I found 1oz/29g at 99cent store. Since reading reviews, apparently there is a German vs Mexican version. My packaging is the circular tin and reads Made in Mexico.

My face is doing too well to risk a new all over moisturizer but, If mature faces have not tried this as an OVERNIGHT EYE crème, do TRY IT. By lights-out, I've dabbed on two layers and by morning the softness and smoothness of delicate under eye skin it incredible. Fine lines are less apparent. Concealer and under-eye makeup go on effortlessly.

The $ news is, since playing with this, I haven't reached for my Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair - and haven't missed it:)

One con is I don't trust the packaging of the tin for a 'throw in the bag' item but as it sits on vanity, I'm reminded to apply nightly.
New nightly staple.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by saedasajida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

We used to use Nivea Creme in India during winter .When i was little, we went on a vacation to a cold place. Obviously our skin was dry .Nobody had brought a moisturizer except my aunt .She had just one tin of Nivea.So she was like ' i'm gonna dip my fingers and give the cream to all. nobody is putting the fingers in it...' and she gave it to us.It was a life saver.I like this cream since then. but i always wished it came in a pump.Nivea people if you are reading this !!!
Another plus is it has citronellol which is an insect repellent...in India mosquitoes and flies are everywhere.So we just dab and go.
Smell is neither good nor bad...I don't actually mind it.
It does not have an SPF. So we've to use it only at night or underneath the sunscreen like a serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Primpology

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up for next to nothing and love the thick richness of the formula. Great on elbows, heels, and knees. My main use for this product is to slather in on my fingernails and cuticles when I get up so my manicure looks fresh everyday. I simply rub it in after I've done my makeup and my hands have had a mini makeover as well.

After removing my polish I apply it to my fingernails and cuticles to soften the overgrowth. Leave on for about 10 minutes and come in with my cuticle tool for super easy removal at the base of the nail.

For the price is a little miracle in a cute little tin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by AsianDiva123

This review is for the German version in metal tin. I strongly believe there's a difference between the one in plastic tin from Mexico and this German one. The Mexican version is not bad but nowhere as creamy and moisturizing than the German one. This cream is fabulous for anyone with dry skin. I use it on very cold/dry days. The trick is however your skin has to be completely pat dry before you put this cream on. I also use it as foot cream. I put on my feet then socks before bed. My feet are nice and soft in the morning. I pay just under $20 for a big tin that lasts forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 5:33:00 AM More reviews by ERROUSE

I absolutely love this creme. I have mild eczema, and it has really improved since using Nivea Creme. I use it in the morning after I shower and at night along with Baby Oil Gel. Although it's near creme perfection I didn't give this 5 stars because of the thickness of the cream. I feel like its too thick and rich that I have a hard time smoothing it out on my skin especially in the morning when I'm not using the Baby Oil Gel. Other that the thickness I can't complain. I am going to keep it, but once I'm done or maybe before I think I'm going to try Nivea Soft. I think it's the same product just a different soft formula and it doesn't come in the 13 oz jar like a have now. GO OUT A GET NIVEA IT'S THE BEST !!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by yuman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this cream, i usually get the travel size and keep it in my bad at all times.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by scandalous

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS REVIEW IS FOR GERMAN NIVEA.

I used to not believe there was a difference till I broke down and ordered some German Nivea. The German stuff is way creamier and less like a thick heavy cream. It soaks in, unlike the Mexico Nivea.

If you can get your hands on the German stuff I would highly recommend it. Well worth what you will pay extra. I can get a 5 ounce Mexico jar for about 7 dollars and an 8 ounce jar of German Nivea for 15 dollars.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Jessieisthebomb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I liked the consistency, it is thick. It goes on white, but rubs to clear. It has a pleasant smell, and lasts a long time. It was recommended by my physician.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by SparrowLight1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is now my HG winter moisturizer. I use a sparing amount for my face and neck (too much gives me breakouts) and liberal amounts on my hands, cuticles, and various other dry spots on my body. The tub can seem unsanitary, but I keep a large (ish) tub in my pantry and fill a little tin as needed to minimize the contact. I love that it is rich without being greasy, and that a small tin is only 99 cents so that you don't accidentally end up with a huge tube of something you hate if it doesn't work out. I like the old-fashioned scent, but my hubby thinks it smells like sunscreen or baby powder. For reference, I believe I have the Mexican formulation.