August 23, 2014 | 1102 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - Myth

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Jpettit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am very light with pink undertones and Myth is the only thing that gives me a natural nude lip. Everything else is too brown or too white. When I tried it on in the MAC store, the makeup artist was like, "That's Myth?! It looks so different on you!". So I definitly think you need to have a very light complexion (I am fairly light in Bare Escentuals) in order to pull Myth off. My friend is asian and very olive and she uses Myth under her MAC Red lipstick and it works great as a base. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Myth needs to be used sparingly....dotted onto the lips and not smeared as it is sooo concentrated - that said, it is a fab base for other colours and lasts hours and hours. I think of all MAC likpsticks, this one will go into the Hall of Fame and stay there. I have found a new favourite ( Clarins nude) but Myth is my staple base. I have fair skin and blond hair/blue eyes and this works on me but I doubt that it would for darker skintones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

Oh, Myth.

Myth is a wonderful, pale pale nude. Sometimes it runs the risk of "concealer lips," but more often than not looks fabulous, and can be warmed up with a light pink gloss on top. It can be a little hard to apply, or drying, but neither are a dealbreaker for me. It's a good, light nude to have in any collection, and a must for a nude lip lover.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by trishkai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

yellow people------- avoid unless youre applying a sht ton of gloss on top.

pink people-- go for it

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick can be a bit drying to MY lips, but then again my lips are dry and I'm always applying lip balm. I hate the feeling of dry lips I'm a lil obsessed with lip balm, lol I like it better under a gloss because it can make my lips looked washed out, but as a base for lip gloss I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by goldenxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay so wearing this alone is not too flattering..BUT
paired with mac creamsheen gloss in richer, lusher it's gorgeous!
I also love to use this as a "mixer" to tone down vibrant colors such as
Vegas volt & morange Myth with a tad of either one of these gives you a beautiful peachy color. Myth can be a little drying so I always put on chapstick before using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by PinkPucker89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a "unique" lipstick but NO matter what skin tone you are ladies you CANNOT I reapeat CANNOT swipe this over your lips like you would the average lipstick, it must be dabbed on! Or else you will look strange to put it nicely, this was actually a color my friend bought and could not remember why! She hated it so she handed it on over but when I tossed it in my makeup bag I seen I had the ULTIMATE DUPE! Ladies I'm here to save those pockets! The only downfall is that it may be hard to find but it is by the company SANTEE and its there two in onw which has a gloss on one end and a lipstick and it has no specific name but a number and that lucky number is 1012. And the Myth is a bit on the dry side where as this DUPE is actually a bite more moist yay!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Linlovesxo

Hello concealer lips! Well lets be fair, some days it can look amazing but on most it just looks really bad. I don't know even know why I have this.. haven't used it in months.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by CarrieNations

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been doing the dark, smokey eye + nude lips look for around 8 or 9 years, and MAC Myth has always been my go-to nude lipstick (that is, since MAC discontinued Fleshpot). Myth is pigmented enough to neutralize the natural ruddiness of my lips, and I love the nearly matte "satin" finish. It works really well worn as a nude primer beneath other lipsticks or glosses.

However, there are a couple of tweaks I would need to make to Myth in order to declare it my HG. First off, it is a bit drying, and the result of my wearing Myth daily is that my lips are almost always chapped; I have found that Carmex at night and intermittently throughout the day helps a little, but all in all they are still struggling, and Myth ain't helping. I believe it exacerbates and even accentuates the chapping. What I've taken to doing is layering a more moisturizing, sheerer-finish lipstick over the Myth base; two of my favorites are MAC Hue and MAC Creme d'Nude.

Which leads me to the other problem with Myth: While a fairly light nude, I don't think it is quite neutral-toned and light enough to really function as a proper neutralizing base. My #1 problem with Myth is that it is way too peachy. If it were a little more beige/golden/yellow in tone, it would be perfect, and really look stunning beneath something like Hue. As it is, it is frustratingly close to being HG, but still great enough of a product that I continue to buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by kellypi07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

BLAH. I have mixed feelings about this lippie! I absolutely adore the color of it, but I absolutely hate how drying it is! When I first used it, I used it by itself - no chapstick, no nothing - and it looked bad. It made my somewhat chapped lips stand out SO bad, man it just looked awful. I didn't want to give up though because I can't find a color I like more (btw, I'm NC20 and this is really nice on me). So with a few trial and errors I finally found a system that makes Myth look like a dream on my lips, but be ready... this isn't something you can do in 1 minute)

-Before anything you'll want to exfoliate your lips, something like Lush Lip Scrub will be fine.
-Then, you'll want to moisturize and prep your lips with a lip balm, doesn't really matter what kind.
-Now, instead of swiping the lipstick over your lips like you'd usually do, you'll want to dab the lipstick onto your lips until you get the desired coverage you want. For some reason dabbing it on instead of swiping it makes it look so much better.
-You'll want to put some lip balm over the lipstick as well - for me, putting lip balm of lipstick helps it stay on longer. I find that the MAC Lip Conditioner creates a subtle shine over the lipstick, and also moisturizes them without taking any of the color away from my lips.
With all of that Myth stays on my lips for a good 5 hours or so.

This isn't the ideal way I like to put on lipstick, but if it's what it takes to get nice nude lips with a great nude lipstick, then I'm all for it. I would recommend this, but only to those who are willing to take a few minutes to prep their lips for it - if you're looking for a quick nude lip, then this definitely isn't for you.