September 16, 2014 | 1528 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by wws1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

As a body lotion, I would give this product a failing grade - it left a sticky-feeling film on my skin and didn't moisturize properly. HOWEVER, as a hair treatment, this stuff rocks. I use it in the same way as I would use Carol's Daughter Hair Milk - the consistency is similar, as are some of the ingredients. I apply a little bit to damp hair and let it air dry. It "depoofs" my wavy hair and gives definition. I also use it instead of gel to smooth down my hair when I put it up. It smells a lot better than CD's Hair Milk, is widely available in Canada, and best of all, is less than half the price. It's a staple.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by drbuffdaddy

It sounded nice because I like to eat both milk and honey, but I can't really use it because it is gross. It smell bad... reminds me of spoiled milk. :( It is also kind of waxy. Not nice. I do not recommend this lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Starla4807

Gah I almost forgot about this lotion. It smells so good!!! I have to order more. I fell in love with this but I was scared to wear it when it started attracting bees at the lake lol. Anyway it makes my skin soft and smells good enough to eat. *LOVE*

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by zerocats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE this lotion, there is no comparison to it. I absolutely love the way it smells kinda like coconut. I live in a really dry climate and this lotion protects my cudicals from tearing. it feels great on my body love it love it love it

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Horrid, horrid stuff. I hated this for three reasons. #1-very runny consistency. #2-sat on the top of my skin and had a waxy feel. And the most important, #3-vile smell. I love the smell of honey, but this smelled like spoiled milk. I gave it to my daughter who loves it--go figure. I would never buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by BrittyG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have come to realize I don't like Burts Bees products (besides the lip ones). I hate the smell of this, and it was so weird and kind of greasy. I normally try to make a lotion work until I use it up, but I couldn't handle this. WIll not re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by happylynngilmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I thought I reviewed this already? hmmm....
Runny, gummy stuff. Doesn't sink in and leaves a film. It smells wonderful, but it just doesn't work for me. Package ok, price would be ok if it was a thicker consistency. I returned it. Burt Bee's and I have a love/hate rela. This product? Hate it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Geekette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Got a sample, the smell is really bad though, I really did not like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by PinUpBlush

i got a sample of this in the BB's head to toe kit, and am really liking it. for starters it smells soooo good! very warm and coconuty, but not at all overwhelming. it's very light in texture and absorbs relatively quickly. the consistency seems almost whipped as you can tip the bottle over and it wont spill.

i wouldn't recommend this for someone who needs deep moisture, because it's very light. i'd say it's more for the summer or for someone who doesn't have very dry skin at all. i mean, don't get me wrong, it does soothe dry skin but not as much as it could. personally, i love to slather this on my hands as sniff away, specially before bed. i think i'll keep purchasing it for the smell alone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by JeanineH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Where do I begin? This is my hands-down favorite scent.. Ever. Also, the lotion moisturizes well and is 98.25% natural. Not heavy or greasy at all to me. It's also gentle enough to use on the face in emergencies.