Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 9/24/2014 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love love love this powder. It's absolutely amazing. It's pretty much always hot where I live and my makeup never used to last long because of the weather. This piece of gem has totally changed my life. I use it everyday.

Pros:
1) Amazing price
2) Helps makeup last longer
3) Did not break me out
4) Controls sweat even on the hottest weather days
5) Good shade range for light skin tone
6) No irritating smell
7) Blends like a dream with pretty much any tool - brush or a sponge
8) Doesn't make you look cakey
9) Won't settle into fine lines

Cons:

1) Not enough shades for dark skin tones
2) Not enough coverage
3) Accentuates dry patches - but you can use a moisturizer for this one.

I have nothing else to say. I am in love with this product. And I would definitely recommend you guys to try this.

on 9/20/2014 7:53:00 PM

Let me just say- this packaging seriously sucks. But it's a drugstore product and pretty cheap so whatever, I guess you can't have it all. But this powder is amazing. Sets my foundation, keeps me matte, and doesn't look cakey. For about $5-6 you can't beat it.

on 9/18/2014 11:00:00 PM

Thought it would be a HG, but was really disappointed. Made my large pores appear LARGER, and looked like a layer of film over my face. I looked like I'd gotten the worst night of sleep in my life. Also, the packaging is utterly horrible - lid falls off, plastic is brittle, not purse-friendly. Actual HGs: Revlon Colorstay pressed translucent. Also MUFE HD finishing powder.

on 9/18/2014 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It's not the worst powder I've ever tryed, but I can imagine a better one. My skin is very oily and I've got acnes, too. When I used it with a mattifying BB cream my face stays matte for about 5 hours, but with a normal foundation or a cc cream wich is not mattifying is not suggested to wear. It doesn't keep my face matte longer than 2 hours. Wearing it along with the Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation was a total disaster, but it was the foundation's fault I suppose. However, it gives some coverage, too, and it smells good. Actually it feels good enough on the skin.

on 9/18/2014 4:09:00 AM

Love the product, hate the packaging. My last one broke and shattered so i had to get a new one.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this powder! Holy grail! Nude beige matches my peaches and cream complexion perfectly. It keeps my oily skin matte all day even during summer in a humid climate. Works better than more expensive powders. An excellent value, it has a larger pan volume than more expensive powders. I bought a vintage 1960s Coty compact on Etsy and use this powder as a refill. You can remove or depot the pan by heating the bottom and prying the pan out with a steak knife. It snaps perfectly into place in the vintage compact with the original spring catch. Add a replacement fabric powder puff and you are good to go for travel. At home, you can use a powder foundation brush for a flawless finish. This is a real deal!

on 9/6/2014 12:15:00 PM

This is a really good pressed powder, especially for the price. It kept my face shine-free for hours with no touch ups. After a few hours, i did have to touch up my t-zone, but i have oily skin, so that was usual for me. I'm extremely fair, and the translucent shade works perfectly with my skin tone, and doesn't oxidize at all. It feels smooth on the skin, and applies easily. The only real downside is the packaging. Every time i have bought this, the plastic cover has cracked or broken, and if you drop this, the powder will definitely break and crumble. But, other than that, i give this a thumbs up! (:

This looks chalky on me, and this is a major let down as I love natural makeup! It looks kinda ok after about an hour or two. On the plus side, it is really inexpensive so for the price, it is probably not that bad. Will not repurchase.

This powder is the best! It makes cakey foundation look matte, and my skin looks perfect! Then again, I have normal skin, so oil isn't a huge problem for me. I definitely recommend this!

on 8/29/2014 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This powder performance wise is one of the best mattifying+finishing powder that is available in drugstores. However, there is a detectable scent to it, which I don't care for as this product does contain added fragrance. When I bought it, I didn't check out the ingredients. I do not understand why Rimmel often puts fragrance in their products. Fragrance can be a huge irritant. The only way that I would buy this powder again is if Rinmmel takes out the added fragrance. For now, I do not plan to re-buy this product again.