July 31, 2014 | 1299 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by smnthalbrt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this to set my foundation and it does a pretty decent job. I've repurchased this stuff about three times, usually in transparent, but last time I went to Walmart they were sold out of that, so I just got the lightest shade, which is still basically transparent.
My skins normal/dry so I don't need this for oil control, just to set. Doesn't cake me up like other pressed powders I've tried.
Other than the packaging being a disappointment, it's a staple. I'm clumsy and have dropped mine and it shattered into a million little dusty pieces, it's only three dollars at Walmart though so it's not that big of a loss if that happens.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by koridixon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great powder for oily-skinned girls on a budget! I bought mine in the color nude beige for less than $5 at Walmart. I must say, I didn't expect much, but now I see what all the hype over this powder is about! The color matches my warm olive skin perfectly. It provides moderate coverage. And best of all, it seriously helps control shine! With most powders/foundations my face turns in to an oil slick unless I blot or touch up often. With Stay Matte, I use WAY less powder than usual and I can easily go a few hours without checking my makeup.

As for cons, it tends to look cakey if I use too much. It's not the most natural finish. And I'm not sure it would look good on anyone with dry-ish skin. The packaging does suck, but that's fine with me if it means paying less for the product. ;)

Overall it works really well on my oily skin. At such a great price, I know I will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good, cheap powder. I use this with my Studio Gear Wet/Dry Duel Identity Foundation. The packaging is HORRIBLE, but the powder itself is pretty darn awesome. I only have to really powder my nose by midday and that's saying a lot, considering how oily my skin can be.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by BriJax01

Well I bought this product after hearing so many people love it, but I'd have to say I'm not impressed! I feel that my foundation started to slip easier and my oil was peaking through. I guess if you have normal skin it might work for you but this definitely did not wow me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by sleepyeyesbonyknees

Adds good coverage. Can dry out skin if not moisturized thoroughly. I can see buying this as soon as I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by meowkitkat

I have combo skin, dry on my cheeks and somewhat oily in my t-zone. I never used to be that way, but thats what happens when you get older. I use the Stay Matte foundation only on my t-zone and have found it usually lasts all day for me. But when it gets really hot outside (thanks, Texas) I start getting a teeny bit shiny. I only use this powder with a big fluffy brush ON MY T-ZONE ONLY and it helps take the shine away from those warm days. I have this in translucent. I don't use it to set my foundation, I really don't like putting a ton of products on my face but this definitely helps to keep on hand.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Bryony

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in 011-Creamy Natural. I've actually purchased this more than once because I've really liked it in the past. But, every time I have I've thought what a shame it is that the packaging is the way it is. I'm just not a fan of it. Also, I'm becoming more conscious of what I put on my face and this has talc and parabens, so I won't be using it anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

For drugstore, this powder is an impressive one! I reach for it often and always gives impressive results when setting my makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 4:06:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

I am not a big powder girl, my skin is quite dry - however some foundations seem to look so shiny on me (still) that I opt for a nice thin layer of powder.

I got this product and was in the beginning - quite happy with it. I liked its super affordable price tag and the fact that it came in a translucent shade (no need to mess around with matching your skin tone to powder etc).

However this product made my skin look quite chalky and I actually had to re-apply the powder throughout the day as it seemed to bring up more oils from my skin that usual.

In the end I noticed that I have small break-outs here and there around my face - and then I knew I had to stop using the powder. All went to normal right after.

So I guess you can't really judge this powder - it is so cheap and affordable - yet it could have a better texture I believe, or at least not the one stuffed with chemicals that break you out!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Lawlciara

Makes my makeup look dry and caked. You can see it on my face. Going to have to keep looking for a new powder :(